Man accused of Killing Kitten after it unplugged the games console Page 2

  • Page

    of 4 First / Last

  • Deleted user 3 June 2010 15:41:03
    FWB wrote:
    I didn't say all of humanity was awful, I said it included arseholes. And yes, animals do get off, because they don't know better and they're pretty logical in their actions.

    Logic is a human, not an evolutionary, quality.
  • Jackface 3 Jun 2010 15:48:20 3,736 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Police arrested Walston earlier this year after he was suspected of assaulting two people at his apartment building and beating one of the victims with a vacuum sweeper. According to police, Walston and Sylvestor Gentry, 25, of Staunton, kicked in a door at Apt. 3, knocking down a 36-year-old man who was beaten with the sweeper. Klein said a 54-year-old woman also was knocked to the floor, where she was punched and kicked.

    "She was struck several times," Klein said.

    Sounds to me like this kitten-hurling thing was a bit out of character for him, they should just let him off with a warning.
  • El_MUERkO 3 Jun 2010 15:55:49 16,831 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    we've two new kittens and i'm terrified of hurting them, look away for a second and they're under your feet, i opened the door a bit fast and smacked Soot in the head, it's really very stressful, so to hear of people intentionally hurting/killing kittens makes me go all ragey
  • Deleted user 3 June 2010 16:02:19
    Stompy wrote:
    caligari wrote:
    Jesus Christ - I really hope that there is some form of Karma in the world.

    You are mistaken.
    I believe that because Karma relates to cycles of reincarnation, then it is more than justice within this life (i.e. someone who hurts a cat will get hurt later). It is also (maybe even only?) justice from one life to the next. Therefore one can claim that Karma punishes the disabled, in the past life they were shitty, in this life they have no use of their legs. Karma may then have punished this cat, so they deserved their fate (but also deserve to be looked after by an EGer, so the cat couldn't have been all that bad).


    Perhaps you would rather apply the Wiccan rule of three: whatever (magickal?) energy you put out, it comes back threefold.

    Glenn Hoddle is that you?
  • Salaman 3 Jun 2010 16:13:10 18,237 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just imagine arriving in jail though and meeting your cellmate.

    - So what are you in for
    + erhm ... I thought that's a question you don't ask in jail?



  • FWB 3 Jun 2010 16:26:53 41,909 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Stompy wrote:
    FWB wrote:
    I didn't say all of humanity was awful, I said it included arseholes. And yes, animals do get off, because they don't know better and they're pretty logical in their actions.

    Logic is a human, not an evolutionary, quality.

    They're logical in the way we interpret their behaviour.
  • Deleted user 3 June 2010 16:56:28
    XrustynutsX wrote:
    Glenn Hoddle is that you?

    I AM THE DISABLED CHILD HE SPURNED.
  • Benno 3 Jun 2010 17:30:00 9,386 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    2K00L4SK00L wrote:
    Here's a story.

    I was walking past a wheelie bin on my street. I heared a meow sound and checked it out. There was a 5/7 week old kitten in there, litterally drenched in dried blood and urine.
    I (my familly) rescued the poor thing. Upon inspection, we could see it's right eye was bashed in, and it was in deep shock (it was probably in the bin for days howling out).

    We nursed it for a few days before taking it to a vet. And it was given a fairly clean bill of health (lost eye aside...)

    It's my lovely cat now. Had it for 2 years, love the fucker. But some cunt done this to it and dumped it in a bin.


    /boils

    awwww
  • FooAtari 3 Jun 2010 23:03:56 3,955 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    El_MUERkO wrote:
    we've two new kittens and i'm terrified of hurting them, look away for a second and they're under your feet, i opened the door a bit fast and smacked Soot in the head, it's really very stressful, so to hear of people intentionally hurting/killing kittens makes me go all ragey

    They are pretty tough little bastards :) Stood on my fair share of paws. They yelp so loud you damn near shit yourself! But that tends to be the worst of it.

    Nice story 2K00L4SK00L. Although who ever got it in that state needs a good stoning!
  • mrpon 3 Jun 2010 23:10:13 27,640 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Aww yeah that's nice Skool. How big is that eye socket btw?

    What?!

    Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

  • caligari 3 Jun 2010 23:13:04 16,832 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Stompy wrote:
    caligari wrote:
    Jesus Christ - I really hope that there is some form of Karma in the world.

    You are mistaken.
    I believe that because Karma relates to cycles of reincarnation, then it is more than justice within this life (i.e. someone who hurts a cat will get hurt later). It is also (maybe even only?) justice from one life to the next. Therefore one can claim that Karma punishes the disabled, in the past life they were shitty, in this life they have no use of their legs. Karma may then have punished this cat, so they deserved their fate (but also deserve to be looked after by an EGer, so the cat couldn't have been all that bad).


    Perhaps you would rather apply the Wiccan rule of three: whatever (magickal?) energy you put out, it comes back threefold.

    But isn't Wicca only for emo-goth boys / girls?

    I like The Cure - but I can only go so far.
  • Khanivor 4 Jun 2010 03:15:58 39,866 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Oh well, carrybagama.
  • WrongShui 6 Jun 2010 00:53:50 6,574 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Kingofpisstakes wrote:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
    what a joker
    i woudve laughed at it and plugged my games console back in n started playing cod! :D
    buuh bye kitteeee!

    /outrage
  • Slipstream 6 Jun 2010 10:37:59 254 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    My Kitten is always pulling my HDMI cable out. Not intentionally, she just likes resting around the PS3 I assume because it emits warm air, she also likes getting tangled in the wires. =/

    Never though, even through bouts of SSFIV when she's done it, have I had the urge to pick her up and thorw her. No way, that's crazy and this guy are sick for doing that to the poor kitten.
  • heyyo 6 Jun 2010 10:45:44 14,374 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This is ridiculous and pathetic. Killing a cat because it unplugged his precious video games FOR FUCK SAKE.

    A few years back I was at a friends house, he had a rabbit who used to run about the house - when we was playing Goldeneye the rabbit went round the back of the TV and chewed the N64 RF cables.

    Cue lots of laughter from me and him about his rabbit saving his virtual arse 'cos I was owning - instead of killing the rabbit we checked its mouth to see if it was hurt, gave it some real food and went and got another cable.

    You know, like sane people do.
  • heyyo 6 Jun 2010 10:55:36 14,374 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    Stompy wrote:
    FWB wrote:
    I didn't say all of humanity was awful, I said it included arseholes. And yes, animals do get off, because they don't know better and they're pretty logical in their actions.

    Logic is a human, not an evolutionary, quality.

    They're logical in the way we interpret their behaviour.

    I'd interpret animal behaviour as deterministic, not logical, i.e., the animal responds to the environment using fixed-action patterns - a bird sees seeds on ground, this elicits the behaviour of pecking which is performed in exactly the same way every time and run to completion, eg. the bird sees seeds and pecks the floor 5 times, sees seeds the next day and pecks the floor 5 times.

    Although this is a rather outdated model of behaviour for some animals that have shown higher-level cognitive functioning (indeed some animals in some contexts are capable of deductive reasoning (logical thinking)) but in the wild animals are pretty deterministic.
  • skuzzbag 6 Jun 2010 10:58:55 5,482 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Lukey__b wrote:
    :)

    I'm just saying if an animal can't do wrong because it doesnt know it's doing wrong, then it can't do right either. They're not loving they're just useing bastards.

    Well then by your own argument an animal can't "use" someone either. It's just happier in a nice environment. If people in that environment are happy to keep providing the food then the cat/s are happy to provide home defence and vermin clearing duties.

    If anything your using the cat for cheap labour :D

    @2K00L4SK00L

    :)
  • Deleted user 6 June 2010 12:20:18
    Humans and cats... erm... no.
  • Lukey__b 6 Jun 2010 12:45:16 3,725 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    skuzzbag wrote:
    Lukey__b wrote:
    :)

    I'm just saying if an animal can't do wrong because it doesnt know it's doing wrong, then it can't do right either. They're not loving they're just useing bastards.

    Well then by your own argument an animal can't "use" someone either. It's just happier in a nice environment. If people in that environment are happy to keep providing the food then the cat/s are happy to provide home defence and vermin clearing duties.

    If anything your using the cat for cheap labour :D


    Only if you class 'using' as doing wrong rather than just an animal surviving and then human beings interpreting the actions as either right (loving) or wrong (which an animal can seemingly never do)...my arguement still stands. A cat does not have a conscience... and that is a little piece of what is wrong with the world.

    'Sup, what's guanine?

  • L42yB 6 Jun 2010 12:55:55 1,673 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    A few years ago I was invited to spend christmas with a friends sister. They had a female cat that had given birth to kittens a few weeks earlier in the year and they were quite upset about this (they didn't want any more cats). The sisters boyfriend got quite drunk and was fairly rough with the little kittens. I had voiced my concern several times about this. Then I actually saw him kick one of the poor things right accross the room and laugh. I kinda lost it at this point (I had been drinking too), and began pounding him until I was forcibly removed from him by some other people. They called the police and I was charged with assault, but the RSPCA was also called and the kittens were taken away from them. Two of the kittens and their mum live with my parents now and are doing well.

    I still think it was worth it, even though I now have a record... although I was never invited back. Can't stand people who think it is alright to treat animals that way anyhow.
  • Jackface 6 Jun 2010 13:02:03 3,736 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Oh come on, we'd all have done the same thing if the kitten had unplugged our game of (insert name of difficult game here) just as we were at the end and hadn't saved in hours.

    And you know you would have.
  • Deleted user 6 June 2010 13:04:25
    If he's a true gamer, he's probably taken the 9 lives thing too literally.
  • Jackface 6 Jun 2010 13:05:25 3,736 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Maybe he'd already thrown it 8 times.
  • L42yB 6 Jun 2010 13:06:21 1,673 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Jackface wrote:
    Oh come on, we'd all have done the same thing if the kitten had unplugged our game of (insert name of difficult game here) just as we were at the end and hadn't saved in hours.

    And you know you would have.

    I know I'd kick your ass if you did it... In fact, I'd probably just come round and kick your ass even if a kitten did it ;)
  • sunjumper 6 Jun 2010 13:07:12 2,990 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    heyyo! wrote:
    FWB wrote:
    Stompy wrote:
    FWB wrote:
    I didn't say all of humanity was awful, I said it included arseholes. And yes, animals do get off, because they don't know better and they're pretty logical in their actions.

    Logic is a human, not an evolutionary, quality.

    They're logical in the way we interpret their behaviour.

    I'd interpret animal behaviour as deterministic, not logical, i.e., the animal responds to the environment using fixed-action patterns - a bird sees seeds on ground, this elicits the behaviour of pecking which is performed in exactly the same way every time and run to completion, eg. the bird sees seeds and pecks the floor 5 times, sees seeds the next day and pecks the floor 5 times.

    Although this is a rather outdated model of behaviour for some animals that have shown higher-level cognitive functioning (indeed some animals in some contexts are capable of deductive reasoning (logical thinking)) but in the wild animals are pretty deterministic.

    The behaviour patterns of animals are far more complext than just hardcoded responses to outside signals.
    As you said your self in the last paragraph. And that behaviour does not suddenly emerge under test conditions while it is supressed in the wild.
    Having the ability to dynamicaly adapt to new situations is a great advantage for the survival of any animal.
    Of course there are hardcoded bahviour patters which do appear even in higher species including humans.

    Interpreting animal behaviour like you do is very 19th century.
  • L42yB 6 Jun 2010 13:09:15 1,673 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    sunjumper wrote:
    Interpreting animal behaviour like you do is very 19th century.

    glol :)
  • Deleted user 6 June 2010 13:18:30
    Animal behaviour is anything but deterministic - there are so many random (i.e. complex to the point of unfathomable) processes and responses I don't see how anyone can say that behaviour is entirely predictable.
  • heyyo 6 Jun 2010 13:30:16 14,374 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Page

    of 4 First / Last

Log in or register to reply