Playstation Plus - Added subscription service Page 87

• Page

of 105 First / Last

• danathjo 6 Aug 2013 20:48:59 6,915 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Noice, will hold back a few more weeks then. Was thinking they also might have mid month updates too.
    Cheers!
  • Folant 9 Aug 2013 12:22:51 1,144 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/08/09/win-the-ultimate-gaming-package-with-playstation-plus/

Lol @ Q3

Posted from my Nexus 4, not using Tapatalk 4.

• TheMayorOfJugs 9 Aug 2013 12:35:16 2,279 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    Folant wrote:
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/08/09/win-the-ultimate-gaming-package-with-playstation-plus/

Lol @ Q3
    All of them are fairly dodgily phrased :-D You're right though, Q3 is just there is like noh hway
  • dominalien 9 Aug 2013 12:39:59 6,742 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They're only dodgily phrased if you haven't read the blurb at the top...

PSN: DonOsito

• TheMayorOfJugs 9 Aug 2013 13:02:38 2,279 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    @dominalien And now I feel stupid.
  • dominalien 9 Aug 2013 13:05:44 6,742 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Don't. I only read it because I was thinking "hmm, these seem a bit ambiguous, I wonder if there are any clues at the top", and hello. Not sure about the name of the game, that's the only one they wrote nothing about, anyone knows? :-)

• Folant 9 Aug 2013 13:06:44 1,144 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Drive Club.

• dominalien 9 Aug 2013 13:07:51 6,742 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    POTD.

• AaronTurner 20 Aug 2013 22:20:05 7,521 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anyone slightly concerned about the PS+ subscription moving into the next gen? The first game announced is Drive Club... PS+ Version. Does this mean that we're going to start to see glorified demos with paid for DLC as our monthly games? The only other game announced is a very niche twin stick shooter (I'm OK with this but it's not really the retail quality games that we're accustomed to).

And being a massive cynic, I wonder if the offer of an additional 90 days on top of a years subscription is because Sony know that there will be 6 months - a year of barren service?

Edited by AaronTurner at 22:22:05 20-08-2013
  • HiddenAway 20 Aug 2013 22:30:22 14,789 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    AaronTurner wrote:
    Anyone slightly concerned about the PS+ subscription moving into the next gen? The first game announced is Drive Club... PS+ Version. Does this mean that we're going to start to see glorified demos with paid for DLC as our monthly games? The only other game announced is a very niche twin stick shooter (I'm OK with this but it's not really the retail quality games that we're accustomed to).

And being a massive cynic, I wonder if the offer of an additional 90 days on top of a years subscription is because Sony know that there will be 6 months - a year of barren service?
    It was either that or not have the PS+ IGC start at all on the PS4 until the game catalogue had grown significantly (as they did with the Vita). The first few months on the PS4 are likely to be barren in terms of AAA titles because no major publisher will want to give away a next-gen game right after launch. I can see indies having a few months to themselves for the exposure and for the cash flow (I recall Don't Starve being guaranteed to be on the IGC at it's launch).

I would expect the first big PS4 IGC title to be announced at E3 2014.

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• richardiox 20 Aug 2013 22:34:12 5,421 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    AaronTurner wrote:

Yes! I've been thinking this for a while. Bet we will be seeing way more "plus edition" software on the PS4 version of + in other words, microtransaction city.

The cynic in me thinks the insane value of Plus on PS3 was always designed with an a) paywall online gaming and b) stripped down microtransaction editions PS4 incarnation in mind. Get the number of subscribers up on PS3 to make the move to a PS4 online paywall more bearable. And to embed a model of a free base game which you then build up with Dlc. If I remember rightly this was their original plan for Gran Turismo this gen.

In other news, the awful Assassin's Creed 3 is one of next months offerings, wonder what else we'll get?

Edited by richardiox at 22:35:48 20-08-2013
  • chub 20 Aug 2013 22:34:19 434 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I see no-one has mentioned yet that Assassin's Creed 3 is coming to PS+ in September. I might give it a go, as I haven't played one since AC Brotherhood.

Edit: well OK, no-one until 7 seconds before I posted that.

Edited by chub at 22:35:41 20-08-2013
  • X201 20 Aug 2013 22:36:57 14,698 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    richardiox wrote:
    AaronTurner wrote:

Yes! I've been thinking this for a while. Bet we will be seeing way more "plus edition" software on the PS4 version of + in other words, microtransaction city.

The cynic in me thinks the insane value of Plus on PS3 was always designed with an a) paywall online gaming and b) stripped down microtransaction editions PS4 incarnation in mind. Get the number of subscribers up on PS3 to make the move to a PS4 online paywall more bearable. And to embed a model of a free base game which you then build up with Dlc. If I remember rightly this was their original plan for Gran Turismo this gen.

In other news, the awful Assassin's Creed 3 is one of next months offerings, wonder what else we'll get?

There won't actually be any old PS4 games to give away for the first year.
  • richardiox 20 Aug 2013 22:41:00 5,421 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    True, but don't discount how profitable that "plus edition" model could be for them. A customer is way more likely to ultimately pay for the full game if the first 30% of it is already on their Hdd and playable.

Using Drive Club as an example, if I download the Plus Edition (which I will) and then pay to unlock it to full content, what happens if I let my subscription lapse. Will it still be treated as a Plus style rental and I'll lose access?
  • Randomlampy 20 Aug 2013 22:52:44 580 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @richardiox
    My understanding was that such an unlock would count much like PS+ discounts count now, i.e. a game purchased at discount while a PS+ member remains yours even if that sub lapses.

Though I can't for the life of me remember where I've seen that. Would be certainly good to see it in black and white.

They are adding 3 months onto a years sub of PS+ for the next month, giving 3 months away in the console and bundling a 50% discount for a year within Drive club. So I can't see them taking back unlocked driveclub, though as I say would be nice to have concrete confirmation.
  • AaronTurner 20 Aug 2013 23:41:35 7,521 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'd rather be given backwards compatible or gaikai games than large demos.
  • AaronTurner 20 Aug 2013 23:44:20 7,521 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Also, Ass 3 is woeful. I got it free with my graphics card and couldn't put up with it for more than 5 hours. So dull.
  • MatMan562 20 Aug 2013 23:44:36 1,918 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm fairly sure, if you pay any amount of money for something whilst on PS+ it's still yours when your subscription stops. What I want to know is if there will be a nice discount on the upgrade to the full version of Driveclub. If not I might get the full game anyway and get the free months you get for pre-ordering it.

I seem to recall them saying at E3 that for the first 6 months of PS4 PS+ there would be one indie game a month plus Driveclub PS+ edition at the start. I'd guess at E3 they'll announce the first full PS4 title for PS+ as Knack or, possibly, inFamous as one oo the year long titles and maybe one 3rd party title for that months offerings. From then we'll slowly see more and more full PS4 titles.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• PazJohnMitch 21 Aug 2013 02:57:47 7,276 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    AC3 next month sounds good to me.

One of those games I would not mind playing but was never going to pay for.
  • imamazed 21 Aug 2013 09:25:59 5,455 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    AC3 next month sounds good to me.

One of those games I would not mind playing but was never going to pay for.
    Me too. Although I started to get bored of the formula before the end of Brotherhood...
  • Mr-Brett 21 Aug 2013 09:31:14 12,676 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    AaronTurner wrote:
    Also, Ass 3 is woeful. I got it free with my graphics card and couldn't put up with it for more than 5 hours. So dull.
    I'm impressed you managed to stick with it that long, I managed about 2 hours.

Portable view - Never forget.

• frugtkompot 21 Aug 2013 09:54:16 2,818 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's really a shame. There was so much potential in the Assasin's Creed formula, yet somehow all games - maybe with the exception of Assasin's Creed 2 - are a bit meh.

I'll still get Assasin's Creed 3 though, but I'm unlikely to complete it.
  • fuzzocks 21 Aug 2013 13:33:25 48 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Randomlampy wrote:
    They are adding 3 months onto a years sub of PS+ for the next month,
    Slightly confused about this as I can't find any reference on the Playstation store page. Is it just a case of waiting for the store to catch up before ordering, or do I need to go to a special page?
  • KayJay 21 Aug 2013 13:37:47 5,287 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @fuzzocks I'm sure they said something like "Next Month" or something!
    So it's not quite "Live" yet. Which is a pain as I've got just 17 days left on my account. :/
  • Randomlampy 21 Aug 2013 13:41:53 580 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @fuzzocks It was mentioned in the conference and I got an email last night about it, though now you mention it its not overtly advertised on the webpage. I'd have thought it might take a time to catch up.

I was going to pick it up myself but not sure if you get more for your money by getting drive club with the 50% off 12 months (and potential 3 months trial) or what stacks and doesnt.

[edit]

When I click on the link in the email to get ps+ it takes me to the usual storefront so I assume the store hasn't caught up yet Its pretty clear in the mail though 21st to 20th Sept.

Edited by Randomlampy at 13:49:48 21-08-2013
  • xuiton 21 Aug 2013 13:44:38 286 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    has anyone else bought psn plus and hardly played the games on offer?

personally I think it is a great deal and got it around the time sleeping dogs was on it.

however, since then I have downloaded most of the games that come with it, yet hardly play any at all. I might play one for 15 minutes to check it out but other than that I turn it off and play something on my pc...

Maybe because I never bought them and no intention of buying them I feel they are there for the sake of it. Dunno maybe i'm just getting older.

only game I properly played was sleeping dogs and a few hours of hitman and mortal kombat.
  • DUFFMAN5 21 Aug 2013 13:48:13 13,814 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @xuiton
    Agree to a point. I have spent the most game time with Infamous 2 (excellent game and series) and that is about it.

I have played and completed most of the games offered already, still very impressed with PS+ so much so I have around 16 months left I think.

I like the look of BF3 and never played it on the 360, only problem being that online I will get slaughtered all the time by peopl that have been playing it forever.

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Short-Round 21 Aug 2013 13:49:49 1,115 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    What are the prices for a Music Unlimited sub? I got a year sub at Christmas when it was about 12, and despite not being able to use it like a radio (instead having it as a dedicated app), having both a PS3 and Vita I like it, but I'm wondering what auto-renew will charge me?
  • Folant 21 Aug 2013 13:54:17 1,144 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    42 for + subs, 60 without.

• Short-Round 21 Aug 2013 13:57:32 1,115 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Cheers. Yikes, wonder why it was quite so cheap at Christmas.
  • Page

of 105 First / Last