Guild Wars 2 Page 3

• Page

of 79 First / Last

• Zaiz 30 Jan 2011 21:40:00 370 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Beta in 2011 is the only hint we have, the I bet it relies on how well the beta goes.
  • onestepfromlost 30 Jan 2011 21:49:09 2,083 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Used to love this, ive got all of them but never got round to doing factions nightfall or EotN, Im tempted to go back and start all over again but Last time i played the servers were pretty empty. I do have a lvl 20 monk/mes still stored there.
  • ChthonicEcho 3 Mar 2011 10:58:54 410 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Extensive cam footage of Guild Wars 2 is up on GameTrailers. Surprisingly good quality and little noise. They play a norn Guardian and reveal another profession - Thief.

EDIT: Videos removed, probably because it was a demonstration for the gaming press only.

EDIT2: Videos reuploaded. Click.
  • Venkman90 3 Mar 2011 11:25:54 4,430 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    This.looks.amazing!

I just hope the bet starts soon so it might hit this year.

• onestepfromlost 3 Mar 2011 14:59:30 2,083 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    yeah looking forward to this, need to get my desktop fixed tho as this old laptop will never run it. having some fun going through the first game again, even if it is mostly deserted
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 5 Mar 2011 21:11:17 2,442 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    This looks gorgeous, but its just the same game over again as every other MMO. Go there, kill this, now go there and kill this. I know there's more to it than that, but when you boil it down, that's what you get, really. Isn't it?

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

• Orange 6 Mar 2011 00:15:30 4,849 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    yeah allowing the use of alts as heroes is another good move by arenanet.

GW2 is not going to have heroes at all though. Seems like they're going all out for free form play and just let players buff each other regardless of grouping.
  • Venkman90 6 Mar 2011 10:53:51 4,430 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Daddy-Doom-Bar wrote:
    This looks gorgeous, but its just the same game over again as every other MMO. Go there, kill this, now go there and kill this. I know there's more to it than that, but when you boil it down, that's what you get, really. Isn't it?

Sort of yes, but millions of people seem to like that genre, what matters is what GW2 is doing to make it better:

Dynamic world events that you don't need to be in a group to get rewards from, you just need to help.

Removal of traditional "loot tables" so you never need to grind anything if you don't want to for an upgrade (like WoW's token system but wider ranging).

Removal of the "tri-spec group" of Tank, Healer and DPS, or at least making it so any class can heal / resurrect etc...

No auto-attack, you are always moving.

No subscription, but not "freemium" either, you pay 35 or w/e and the game is yours all in, I like that.
  • c0Zm1c 18 Mar 2011 22:50:23 4 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Daddy-Doom-Bar wrote:

Hopefully not. I'm assuming it'll have some similarities with the first game's story-driven progression, albeit in a persistent world with dynamic events.
  • Nasty 1 Apr 2011 14:44:30 4,748 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    :D
  • Benno 14 Apr 2011 12:20:04 10,046 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    right, do we have an ETA on this yet?
  • mikeck 19 May 2011 15:13:38 1,936 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    My day has been made. I can play as an engineer in this game...awesome!!
    http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/professions/engineer/
  • mikeck 19 May 2011 15:33:12 1,936 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I started WAR as a Squig Herder thinking it couldn't get any better, then I changed to Engineer and never looked back. For me it's the best class in an MMO ever. I'm sure NCSoft will top it with their version of the Engineer though. The Jump Shot skill looks pretty damn cool :p
  • mikeck 19 May 2011 15:37:11 1,936 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Same. The PQ's were inspired, but just didn't work well when the population dropped. For the first few weeks WAR was a sublime place to be.

The RvR was great, but again once numbers dropped it became a gank fest and the end-game was just poor really. Such a missed opportunity. I loved it, but it was shoddy.
  • Machetazo 25 Jun 2011 21:07:46 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    New gameplay vids can be seen (underwater play, and dungeon demos) from footage captured during recent press/community days.
    If the ad banding that dots them is any indication, then Gamescom may feature big things for GW2.

@chthonic: I saw a fascinating clip earlier today, that showed the depth and variety of play that all was possible whilst playing a thief. The bit at the start, where the character's like a traditional stealthy thief nimbly hopping between rooftops was excellent, as well as the later combat examples, like the impressive AOE combat presentation.

Talking of which (presentation) I recommend checking out the PAX East GW2 panel if you've not already, as there's lots of good info, though maybe your mileage may vary for how much of it's new. The sidekick system they detail sounds like a real game changer!

On that first link (sidebar poll), it suggests there's a further profession yet to be shown. Do you think the mesmer will return in some form, or it will instead be a new one?
  • George-Roper 25 Jun 2011 21:39:55 705 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    This continues to look like all sorts of awesome.

Day one and its been quite some time since I've done that with an MMO.
  • WinterSnowblind 25 Jun 2011 22:56:39 1,246 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The final profession is almost 100% certainly the Mesmer. The professions page shows a silhouette that looks very much like it. http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/professions/

We know for sure the final profession is a scholar class, there are several armour sets that resemble the mesmer style and the books outright mention characters (including the queen) that are mesmers.
  • Machetazo 25 Jul 2011 12:22:17 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    GW2 ComicCon panel- I thought their next showing was Gamescon, so this was a surprise!
  • WinterSnowblind 31 Jul 2011 10:34:34 1,246 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Gamescom and PAX will have demonstrations and playable demo's for PVP, the asura and sylvari areas, new mid level content and the character customisation will be available too.

So this is definitely the big one, after this the only real big reveal left will be for the 8th profession.
  • Orange 31 Jul 2011 12:28:48 4,849 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I hope it's Mesmer, or at least something along those lines. Mesmers were pretty cool, although a shame that the lack of secondary classes means no more fast cast Elementalist spells.
  • Venkman90 27 Sep 2011 09:44:30 4,430 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Well they say closed beta this year, open beta early next year so I would guess mid 2012.
  • SClaw 27 Sep 2011 10:33:24 826 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It'll be late next year. They'll release after a full run of shows, which would be about now. But in a year.

Best they do a good job of it anyway. They should take their time.

They might also hold out for a WoW expansion to drop (maybe next year?). Waiting until after that, when everyone gets bored again, would be a great time to release a new MMO.
  • HelloNo 7 Oct 2011 13:41:18 1,157 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Didn't realize it would still be another half year or so.

Still, definitely looks worth the wait.
  • allen 7 Oct 2011 14:09:30 659 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I don't think it will be as long as the next wow expansion.

Maybe easter break at the latest?
  • HelloNo 7 Oct 2011 21:39:08 1,157 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hope you're right.
  • Page

of 79 First / Last