• morriss 10 Aug 2012 17:22:52 70,985 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Damn good job.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 10 Aug 2012 17:24:41 25,878 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That looks pretty cool.

The helmet/hat/cowl/thing still looks a bit weird though. Still quite bulbous around the top half and the little hole for the mouth and chin is a bit weird.

Hard to describe :)
  • Armoured_Bear 10 Aug 2012 23:05:52 11,268 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    damagedinc wrote:
    Dolly wrote:
    Thought is was fucking ridiculous that Bats ended up with Catwoman at the end tbh. Bitch got his back broken and ended up getting him put in the prison?! Good morals or not on Bruces part, i like to think he's just pulling a 'Talia'. Alfred meets him at the cafe to slice her throat from behind during dessert.
    She had a clean break hence the usb stick of justice. Nothing to say they could have fallen for each other after. Plus the speed theory of falling for people when in intense situations. She also saved his life.
    There is nothing on earth that Anne Hathaway could do to make me turn her down.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Deleted user 10 August 2012 23:22:07
    I hear she thinks the Wii is a piece of rancid shit.
  • CosmicFuzz 10 Aug 2012 23:24:34 24,360 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:
    That looks pretty cool.

The helmet/hat/cowl/thing still looks a bit weird though. Still quite bulbous around the top half and the little hole for the mouth and chin is a bit weird.

Hard to describe :)
    I've always thought that too. Comes out at the sides and mouth hole is tiny.

We're back! Our gaming podcast Open Source returns after a break with a look at Destiny, Minecraft and more. Check us out! (And give us a rating on iTunes please!) :)

• Scurrminator 11 Aug 2012 00:29:42 8,412 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Finally off to see this tomorrow at Manc IMAX. It's taken a lot of will power not to see it beforehand or read spoilers!!!

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Dolly 11 Aug 2012 15:25:25 3,225 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Zomoniac Yoyo, i've been lurking for a while and decided to bless you guys with my shit musings once more. Hope you're well fella :)
  • Scurrminator 11 Aug 2012 19:44:42 8,412 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well. That was awesome!

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Tom_Servo 12 Aug 2012 20:13:58 17,962 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Well, I've finally seen it. I think it was the best Nolan Batman film. An 8/10 I'd say, whereas Begins was 6 and TDK was 7 IMO. The others faded quite quickly for me, so it isn't out of the question that that won't happen again, but I think it was a fair bit better than the other two. Not perfect by any means, though.

I think it was much more even than the other ones. They really went through highs and lows, but this was pretty consistent all the way through. I don't remember being bored for any of it, which I can't say for the previous two films. It didn't really feel like nearly three hours, which I didn't think I'd be saying before I saw it. The last 45-odd minutes were pretty great. A nice 'cast of thousands' (well, maybe hundreds) thing going on, which you don't really see too often nowadays.

Hathaway was great IMO. Bit hard to tell how Hardy was because of the mask. Bane wasn't bad enough to ruin it (he was okay, really), but the mask covering most of his face made him hard to read and his voice was utterly ridiculous. Not as good a villain as The Joker, but it was pretty much mission impossible to follow up Ledger. Bale's voice was (of course) hilarious too, with "WHERE'S THE TRIGGER?!" perhaps beating "WHERE'S THE DRUGS?!".

Not too sure what was going on with the timeline (Bane must've been knocking on for his 50s) or Batman surviving the nuclear explosion. I can forgive the first TBH, but the second... hmm.

I was quite surprised with the message it took in the end: I didn't expect it to basically be the Occupy, etc. people to be the villains of the piece. I guess it isn't that surprising considering the hero of the thing is a rich white man and all, but yeah. Bit weird.

I did like it quite a lot though, honest.

Edited by Tom_Servo at 20:15:08 12-08-2012
  • Tom_Servo 12 Aug 2012 20:16:39 17,962 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    How the public haven't worked out who it is by the end is simply astonishing. The evidence is beyond overwhelming.
    Ha, I said this at the time. "They'll know..." ...when a huge public figure is never heard of or seen ever again. I know he was living like a hermit at the start of the film, but everyone still knew he was there.
  • gooner77 12 Aug 2012 20:51:31 766 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Why did batman waste his time putting accelerant on the top of that bridge so he could do the bat logo fire when he knew the fusion bomb timer was ticking down ?

Honestly not prioritising properly

Oh and how did Gordon survive the truck crash but talia did 't ?

A good film no doubt but it had silly moments
  • morriss 12 Aug 2012 20:56:24 70,985 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Tom_Servo wrote:

So instead of focusing on what was wrong with it, what did you like about it?
  • JCHilton 12 Aug 2012 21:02:22 1,470 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Fiction is the work of a writer and thus subject to the flaws of an individual.

Perfection is a human construct thus its idealogical opposite detailed as "imperfection" delves into the realms of subjectivity.

Subjectivity is at the heart of a disagreement in opinion, including the evolution and enforcement of said opinion.

Batman wears a bat costume and grumbles. Chris Nolan is gay.
  • Tom_Servo 12 Aug 2012 21:26:11 17,962 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    Tom_Servo wrote:

Don't be so defensive and passive-aggressive.

I liked the acting (as I said), the epic feel of the big fights at the end (as I said), how consistent it was (as I said)...

I think on the whole it was better than The Dark Knight because the finale was better (the two ferries thing wasn't great, IMO) and it was pretty much enjoyable all the way through. In hindsight I think TDK was a bit boring when Ledger wasn't around. This one got the balance much better, although I think Bane was a weaker villain on the whole.

Edited by Tom_Servo at 21:28:04 12-08-2012
  • morriss 12 Aug 2012 21:30:56 70,985 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    morriss wrote:
    Tom_Servo wrote:

Don't be so defensive and passive-aggressive.

WTF?! :o
  • Tom_Servo 12 Aug 2012 21:33:53 17,962 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Oh, something I really liked: Gotham being totally taken over. Bane being in total control and the martial law stuff was brave, but it paid off.
  • morriss 12 Aug 2012 21:36:41 70,985 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Apology accepted.
  • Tom_Servo 12 Aug 2012 21:41:18 17,962 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Meh. I said it was an 8/10 and the best Nolan Batman (and by extension the best Batman film). I said what I liked about it and what I didn't like about it. I'm not sure what else I could've done in my post about it.
  • nickthegun 12 Aug 2012 21:43:18 59,938 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You could have given it a ten and described how it moved you to tears.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• RedSparrows 12 Aug 2012 21:51:00 22,735 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Only valid opinion apparently.
  • morriss 13 Aug 2012 06:12:39 70,985 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The reason I asked you was because your negatives far outweighed your positives. And, considering how you yoursekf said 8/10 and best of the bunch I figured the positives would far outweigh the negatives. Fair assumption?

Edited by morriss at 07:30:44 13-08-2012
  • morriss 13 Aug 2012 06:21:57 70,985 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    And can we stop dragging up previous arguments like bitchy women, please? Everyone's had their say, let's just all move on.

I'm genuinely and quite simply interested in why he liked it and wanted a deeper explanation. I don't see why I should be called passive-aggressive and defensive.

I mean, can I ever say anything about the film without ridiculous jibes every five fucking minutes?
  • GuiltySpark 13 Aug 2012 07:20:23 6,387 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    I mean, can I ever say anything about the film without ridiculous jibes every five fucking minutes?
    Of course. That's if what you're saying doesn't sound passive aggressive and defensive, which a lot of the time, it does, and that's what people'll judge you by, not the comments that aren't like that.

Get bent.

• morriss 13 Aug 2012 07:30:08 70,985 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ok. Lost cause then. If a genuine question is construed like that then there's no way back, I guess.
  • kalel 13 Aug 2012 08:28:49 87,693 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You could have just said "what did you like about it?. Same question, different tone.

Not having a go, but just helping you to understand why your genuine questions get taken a certain way :thumbsup-smiley-wotsit:
  • beastmaster 14 Aug 2012 20:06:56 11,418 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fucking brilliant. But DO NOT WATCH THIS UNLESS YOU'VE SEEN THE FUCKING FILM. MASSIVE SPOLIERS!

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Deleted user 14 August 2012 20:21:45
    That was annoying good.
  • OmniaVincitAmor 14 Aug 2012 20:35:07 1,521 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    That is the best thing on the internet.

Defeat is not getting knocked down, but refusing to get back up.

• GuiltySpark 14 Aug 2012 21:01:56 6,387 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It was okay, but there were plotholes and continuity issues everywhere, it even went from light to dark in a matter of minutes!

8/10

Get bent.

• Page

of 132 First / Last