Silent Hill: Downpour

  • Page

    of 12 First / Last

    Previous
  • Blerk Moderator 9 Apr 2010 14:21:25 48,225 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Brace yourselves. :-/

    360/PS3, unknown developer, no Akira Yamaoka... It's not going to be pretty. :-(
  • CosmicFuzz 9 Apr 2010 14:25:20 24,181 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Silent Hill 6: The Final Nail

    Our month-long focus on indie games starts with my look at the PS4's best game (still): Resogun!

  • Blerk Moderator 9 Apr 2010 14:29:24 48,225 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    That scraping noise isn't Pyramid Head's knife, it's the bottom of the barrel.
  • Deleted user 9 April 2010 14:30:49
    I loved Silent Hill 2...
  • seasidebaz 9 Apr 2010 14:31:05 6,126 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Is this the one where the council decides to evict all the nasties and levels the town, rebuilding it as luxury granny flats? I hope so. That would be AWESOME.
  • LFMartins 9 Apr 2010 14:31:51 5,704 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Silent Hill 6: The Final Nail

    Guest starring Pinhead.
  • Murbal 9 Apr 2010 14:33:20 22,182 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    !
  • CosmicFuzz 9 Apr 2010 14:35:17 24,181 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Haha, oooh baby!

    Our month-long focus on indie games starts with my look at the PS4's best game (still): Resogun!

  • andywilkie35 9 Apr 2010 14:36:35 5,338 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Blerk wrote:
    That scraping noise isn't Pyramid Head's knife, it's the bottom of the barrel.

    glol :)

    PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

  • SomaticSense 9 Apr 2010 14:36:52 8,255 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What's the bettting that the new setting, yet again isn't Silent Hill itself, but is a farm full of dead horses?

    Seriously? End this franchise now Konami. I've a feeling the last one sold fuck all (although I've not seen the official sales figures), so why would they feel the need to carry it on?

    The series was nice while it lasted, which should've ended after SH3.
  • CosmicFuzz 9 Apr 2010 14:37:51 24,181 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've only played the first 2, but I loved them. Must get around to trying SH3 at some point.

    Our month-long focus on indie games starts with my look at the PS4's best game (still): Resogun!

  • DUFFMAN5 9 Apr 2010 14:38:36 14,655 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Should it not be Silent Hill 8?
    You guys, SH 5 was more than playable...it was err re-playable ;)
    I have enjoyed all SH game (not played the wii one mind you) on some level.
    1,2 and 3 excellent. 4 not bad, 5 better than 4 for me. Origins on ps2 being the weakest.
    I cry out for survival horror games so will be watching with interest.

    "Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

  • Deleted user 9 April 2010 14:39:01
    8?
  • DUFFMAN5 9 Apr 2010 14:40:09 14,655 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Silent Hill 0 origins (for Fuzz ;)
    Silent Hill 1
    Silent Hill 2
    Silent Hill 3
    Silent Hill 4: The Room
    Silent Hill 5 Homecoming
    Silent Hill 6 Shattered Memories (re make of course)

    Well ok 7, SM is a remake I suppose

    "Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

  • CosmicFuzz 9 Apr 2010 14:40:30 24,181 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Origins was Zero, and you can't count Shattered Memories. What else is there?

    Our month-long focus on indie games starts with my look at the PS4's best game (still): Resogun!

  • DUFFMAN5 9 Apr 2010 14:41:40 14,655 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Origins was Zero, and you can't count Shattered Memories. What else is there?

    But I still count Res Evil Gaiden as a Resi game, don't you Sir ;)

    "Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

  • Blerk Moderator 9 Apr 2010 14:43:40 48,225 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    7 tops, I'd have thought. I didn't count Shattered Memories as 6 because they seem to consider it a rejig of SH1 rather than a proper sequel, even though it doesn't appear to be much like it.
  • CosmicFuzz 9 Apr 2010 14:45:00 24,181 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Origins was Zero, and you can't count Shattered Memories. What else is there?

    But I still count Res Evil Gaiden as a Resi game, don't you Sir ;)

    Haha there are FIVE Resident Evils and THAT'S IT!! :D

    Our month-long focus on indie games starts with my look at the PS4's best game (still): Resogun!

  • Blerk Moderator 9 Apr 2010 14:46:06 48,225 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Resi 1, 2, 3 and Code Veronica. I count four. There were other games with the 'Resi' title on them, but they weren't real Resi games. :-)
  • Rufus 9 Apr 2010 15:03:31 1,754 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ah, so THAT'S why I was marked down! :)
  • Murbal 9 Apr 2010 15:06:35 22,182 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Blerk wrote:
    Resi 1, 2, 3 and Code Veronica. I count four. There were other games with the 'Resi' title on them, but they weren't real Resi games. :-)

    Translation:

    Blerk wrote:
    I don't like change...

    ;-)
  • Blerk Moderator 9 Apr 2010 15:07:53 48,225 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Heh heh. Just to counter that point, what could Konami possibly do to get Silent Hill back on track? Total reboot seems to be the only possible way forward now that they've lost practically everyone who ever worked on the classic titles.
  • SomaticSense 9 Apr 2010 15:18:51 8,255 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Blerk wrote:
    Heh heh. Just to counter that point, what could Konami possibly do to get Silent Hill back on track? Total reboot seems to be the only possible way forward now that they've lost practically everyone who ever worked on the classic titles.

    It would be a massive shame, but it's really best they don't at all really. As hard as it is to admit as a SH fan, the series really does just belong in the last gen. Any attempt to 'modernise' the existing formula I feel it would just end up like Homecoming, ie, still essentially SH but just wrong somehow.

    The alternative to that being a complete re-imagining of the game mechanics ala RE4, just wouldn't work for a SH game. It kind of worked for RE in that a lot of the key ingredients which made the series what it is were largely still there. SH is different though, and I can't see any way of radically changing the gameplay without ruining the whole SH 'thing'.

    Konami should just end the bloody thing, and do something else.
  • DFawkes 9 Apr 2010 15:19:07 22,911 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Make it a kart racing game.

    Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

  • Blerk Moderator 9 Apr 2010 15:25:51 48,225 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Pyramid Head was already in that Track and Field rehash on the DS, wasn't he?
  • Rufus 9 Apr 2010 15:32:41 1,754 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    SomaticSense wrote:

    Konami should just end the bloody thing, and do something else.

    I hate to admit it (being a huge fan of the series) but I think you're right. I've gone from being excited about the news to hating it in the space of a couple of hours. I would love to be proven wrong though and it turn out to be a great game. The lack of Yamaoka is a huge thing though. The soundtracks were core to the atmosphere so whoever does this new one has some extremely large boots to fill.
  • SomaticSense 9 Apr 2010 15:38:02 8,255 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Rufus wrote:
    SomaticSense wrote:

    Konami should just end the bloody thing, and do something else.

    I hate to admit it (being a huge fan of the series) but I think you're right. I've gone from being excited about the news to hating it in the space of a couple of hours. I would love to be proven wrong though and it turn out to be a great game. The lack of Yamaoka is a huge thing though. The soundtracks were core to the atmosphere so whoever does this new one has some extremely large boots to fill.

    /cynic hat on

    You just know that if it turns out that it's US developed, then it'll be a heavy metal soundtrack...
  • Deleted user 9 April 2010 15:38:21
    Murbal wrote:
    Blerk wrote:
    Resi 1, 2, 3 and Code Veronica. I count four. There were other games with the 'Resi' title on them, but they weren't real Resi games. :-)

    Translation:

    Blerk wrote:
    Survical horrors and shooters are different genre's you cunts

    ;-)
    fixed.
  • Rufus 9 Apr 2010 15:43:40 1,754 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Survical horrors? That sounds GRIM!
  • Deleted user 9 April 2010 15:47:49
    Less so than vasectomy horrors.
  • Page

    of 12 First / Last

    Previous
Log in or register to reply