• Page

of 54 First / Last

• Mattwow 5 Feb 2013 23:11:41 43 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    mcmothercruncher wrote:
    IGN giving away Need For Speed Most Wanted for freez:

Linky

Worked for me in the UK a sec ago, usually 2.99.
    Cheers !

Windows 7 - 64
    Intel Core I7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz
    8GB Ram
    ATI Radeon HD 6970

Xbox Gamertag - Wolves since 86

• TOOTR 7 Feb 2013 04:19:25 9,473 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    "Borderlands Legends HD" Price Drop ($6.99 -> $0.99)

Is it any good?

Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

• lucky_jim 7 Feb 2013 05:06:52 5,161 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @TOOTR
    Probably worth a punt, according to EG.
  • speedofthepuma 7 Feb 2013 07:04:33 13,246 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Clash of heroes is a truly brilliant game. I haven't played it on any other format, and I believe it is worse on iPad than anything else, but I don't care, it's amazing and by far and away the best iPad game I have ever played.

I've turned off all the avatars and crap, so don't expect me to be impressed by yours.

• jonsaan 7 Feb 2013 07:25:27 25,248 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think it's only supposed to be a bit fiddly on iphone. And you are rght, it's excellent.

FCUTA!

• TarickStonefire 7 Feb 2013 09:22:00 2,611 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Got Little Inferno because it has glowing praise everywhere, but I foolishly chose not to read any reviews after I heard to do so was to spoil almost everything the game has to offer. I've discovered it's not really that much of a game, more a satire about Freemium that just happens to look a bit like a game.

The rest might be a bit spoilery if you don't want to know anything about it,but I won't spoil the discoveries or the story. It's basically an abstract and rather dark tale thats being told through the medium of burning every single thing you can get your hands on, rightly or wrongly, in a fireplace. That's it. Burn stuff, get coins, buy more stuff, burn it, unlock a bit more of the story and more stuff to burn.

The only gameplay is that if you burn certain items together you unlock a combo,which contributes to unlocking more stuff to burn.

It's packed with charm and the tale is the most interesting thing going on but anyone who has played Braid or Limbo may be able to suss out exactly what's going on pretty much in the first five minutes, they signpost it heavily.

It's actually pretty cool in terms of presentation, not surprisingly given one of the guys that made World Of Goo is involved (which should also signpost for you the dark direction it takes), but only if it's accurately described thusly: a dark tale and a satire at the expense of Freemium, told through the abstract medium of simple game theory. But not actually a Game.

Edited by TarickStonefire at 09:23:21 07-02-2013

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• TarickStonefire 7 Feb 2013 09:28:40 2,611 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    darrenb wrote:
    mcmothercruncher wrote:
    IGN giving away Need For Speed Most Wanted for freez:

Linky

Worked for me in the UK a sec ago, usually 2.99.
    Just tried to stick this on my lads iPad, I had to give up after getting frustrated with the damn thing.. I used to love the iPad but after pretty much a year of android use it seems so backward to use. The damn thing almost found itself thrown against the wall..

I will have a go at sticking it on tomorrow when I have some patience to clear some space off it.

I'm kinda hooked on subway surfers though, that has kept my attention for ages.
    I don't mean to belittle your frustrations but... What are you doing that isn't working?

To download that freebie you go to the page linked, tap on the 'Generate your freebie code' button, then if you're on an iPad you just tap on the code, get taken to the App Store automatically where the code is entered for you automatically and the app starts to download, automatically. (Once you enter your password)

What were you trying to do?

Edit: oh you ran out of space on your son's iPad? So clear some off it. Delete some apps. Delete some TV shows or movies.

Edited by TarickStonefire at 09:30:10 07-02-2013

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• Moot_Point 7 Feb 2013 09:33:35 3,503 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    TOOTR wrote:

Is it any good?
    Ooh, might try this. In return, Galaxy on Fire 2 HD is currently free.

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I can't believe this is still going. I'm far too hungover for this. I did not poop on a chair lol!

• THFourteen 7 Feb 2013 09:44:37 31,797 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've read somewhere (probably toucharcade) that borderlands legends is a load of rubbish...

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/10/31/borderlands-legends-review

Edited by THFourteen at 09:45:08 07-02-2013
  • Moot_Point 7 Feb 2013 09:49:39 3,503 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Too late mate!
    It can't be that bad for 69p, surely? (better than 2.99 anyway ;))

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I can't believe this is still going. I'm far too hungover for this. I did not poop on a chair lol!

• Nth 7 Feb 2013 10:36:02 3,114 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I thought I'd hate The Room but I'm liking it a lot. Well worth 69p!
  • damagedinc 7 Feb 2013 11:10:46 629 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    After completing walking dead the other week i am struggling some what. no other game compares to it. true emotional investment and story telling at its best.

other games just dont hit the spot.....help!!!
  • Stranded87 7 Feb 2013 11:52:51 767 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @damagedinc Try The Last Express maybe if you've never played it? Top notch story telling there. Or maybe The World Ends With You Solo Remix or whatever it's called on iOS.

From a story perspective they both stand out for me the most on iOS...though they're also both ports, so you may have played them.
  • TOOTR 7 Feb 2013 13:38:40 9,473 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Moot_Point wrote:
    TOOTR wrote:

Is it any good?
    Ooh, might try this. In return, Galaxy on Fire 2 HD is currently free.
    Cheers !

Also Mass Effect Infiltrator is only 69p but after reading a few reviews it looks poor.

• THFourteen 7 Feb 2013 13:43:07 31,797 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Heh. My turn to disagree, MEI was allright i thought. Nothing amazing and the story is pretty dull, but its fun for an hour or two.
  • Moot_Point 7 Feb 2013 14:08:14 3,503 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I agree about MEI worth 69p. Not had much time with it, but fun and impressive none the less.

Same with Borderlands HD really, its a isometric squad shooter which looks like you need to replay missions to level up whilst earning cash to upgrade weapons in the shop rather than loot guns and other items off bodies. (Only had 20mins playtime so far)

Another game worth the 69p sale price atm, is Burnout Crash. Works really well on the iPad.

• JayG 7 Feb 2013 14:11:52 828 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Quite enjoying Ravensword 2, seems pretty good with nice graphics. And it's funny how easy Monkey Island is compared to the games that came later.

Edited by JayG at 14:13:40 07-02-2013
  • mcmothercruncher 8 Feb 2013 09:19:45 5,709 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm really loving MiniGore 2, simple gameplay but just very, very slickly put together.

A quirky mix of cartoon graphics, bloody zombie brains and action hero dialogue wrapped up in a top down grind-fest. It's simple, but there's something very satisfying about the core shooting and there's plenty to spend your virtual cash on with unlockable characters, weapons and weapon upgrades and further levels.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/minigore-2-zombies/id576939960?mt=8
  • SuperCoolEskimo 11 Feb 2013 23:29:41 9,529 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I need an iPad word processing app that uses a file format which, when emailed to someone, can be opened and edited on Windows computer in MS Word or Notepad. Would prefer a free app as I won't be using it often, don't fancy paying for Pages.

Any recommendations?
  • damagedinc 11 Feb 2013 23:44:49 629 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Stranded87 wrote:
    @damagedinc Try The Last Express maybe if you've never played it? Top notch story telling there. Or maybe The World Ends With You Solo Remix or whatever it's called on iOS.

From a story perspective they both stand out for me the most on iOS...though they're also both ports, so you may have played them.
    havent played these will take a look. thankyou
  • Moot_Point 14 Feb 2013 10:03:33 3,503 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Infinity Blade - Free.

• TOOTR 14 Feb 2013 11:25:01 9,473 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Real Racing 2 HD is 69p.

Linky

• Moot_Point 14 Feb 2013 22:11:03 3,503 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Real Racing 3 is meant to be free to play, but it is only available in a few countries at the moment.

• Nth 15 Feb 2013 09:31:50 3,114 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    I need an iPad word processing app that uses a file format which, when emailed to someone, can be opened and edited on Windows computer in MS Word or Notepad. Would prefer a free app as I won't be using it often, don't fancy paying for Pages.

Any recommendations?
    IA Writer is very simple but good, links to Dropbox too.
  • DJCopa 15 Feb 2013 15:15:00 1,055 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cant put down Ascension - Love it! Any other games of this ilk out there? Cheers.
  • IMadeThis 15 Feb 2013 18:22:33 1,034 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dizzy - Prince of the yolkfolk reduced to 1.49 & iPhone version down to 69p. Anyone got any comments on either one to get? (I have an iPad & an iPhone).
  • fillip 15 Feb 2013 18:59:11 872 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    DJCopa wrote:
    Cant put down Ascension - Love it! Any other games of this ilk out there? Cheers.
    Nightfall. Dominion used to be on the App Store as well but was withdrawn, waiting for the official version to be released.

The same - but different - try Summoner Wars.
  • DJCopa 15 Feb 2013 19:13:48 1,055 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cheers fillip, I'll have a look. Both look pretty decent.
  • THFourteen 15 Feb 2013 20:42:04 31,797 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Spellcraft? Or Shadow Era?
  • mcmothercruncher 17 Feb 2013 21:34:34 5,709 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It seems Real Racing 3 has had a soft launch (in hobbit land and insta-death-spider-in-the-toilet land, amongst others).
    It also seems it's absolutely stunning in terms of the visuals and the audio.

However, they've fucking fully swallowed the freemium pill and just about every aspect of the game requires in game gold... which equals real life cash. Including repairing your car after races :eek:

This review claims you'll need about $20 to play for 6 hours.

As far as I'm concerned, they can fuck right off.
  • Page

of 54 First / Last