Vaping adventures Page 4

• Page

of 119 First / Last

• bauhaus 18 Mar 2010 10:11:01 3,512 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Mine should arrive tommorow

does it take time to get the hang of it?
  • Psychotext 18 Mar 2010 10:37:17 53,984 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Not really. The only thing you'll take a while to get used to is that ecig "smoke" is a lot drier than normal smoke.

So keep a drink handy.
  • Dirtbox 18 Mar 2010 13:00:35 77,754 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    BTBAM wrote:
    You absolute champ, thanks for those. Turns out one of my friends has one when I mentioned it to her, and she said it was rubbish (she's always wrong, about everything) so I'm going to try and get it off her. I miss toking a joint so I'll enjoy smoking that like it's a spliff!
    No problem, the trick to it is taking long pulls, she's probably girly chugging on it and not getting a decent lung full. Girls suck, or lack there of, at clicking with stuff like that.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Fab4 18 Mar 2010 13:08:41 6,018 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I tried them, but they never replaced that feeling of having something warm in your mouth (Ooer missus!). Not bad if you really have to go for any length of time without nicotine and physically cant manage it.
  • Dirtbox 18 Mar 2010 13:21:33 77,754 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Does take a little discipline to start with, but once you've realised you've gone an entire 24 hours without a fag, it's a lot easier. It's not the warm smoke that does it as the vapour is plenty warm due to the atomiser heating up, it's the ritual/habit of lighting up a cig and getting that first puff that you miss, but you replace that with popping the cart off and dripping some liquid into it.

Also I can't entertain the thought of smoking a proper cig now; physically, I feel a shit ton better.

• bauhaus 18 Mar 2010 13:24:04 3,512 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Do you draw the vapour straight into the lungs, or use your gob as a staging area before a massive inhale?
  • Dirtbox 18 Mar 2010 13:25:49 77,754 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Gob, like a normal fag. Spose you could direct inhale if you wanted, but I don't recommend it anymore than I would with a regular fag.

Watch a few of these and you'll get the gist.

• bauhaus 19 Mar 2010 12:05:46 3,512 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ITS ARRIVED!
  • bauhaus 19 Mar 2010 12:08:32 3,512 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    bastard, 3-4 hour initial charge time!

/o\
  • Dirtbox 24 Mar 2010 04:40:42 77,754 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    How's this working out for you?

• BinaryBob101 24 Mar 2010 08:13:04 22,664 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Scott's a great reviewer, I could watch him all day. A little bit woo, a little bit waaaaaay, cor blimey geeezah! He's persuaded me to buy this next week though:

http://www.miragecigarettes.co.uk/products/Mirage_Electronic_Cigarette_Two_Battery_Starter_Kit-14-1.html

This is an excellent thread DB, well done and thanks for starting it. I've been trying on and off for years to get the monkey off my back, and I reckon this could be the best way of doing it. We shall see next week.

Sir_Walter_Rally wrote:
    Many films are based on phone charge running out and being trapped somewhere...

• bauhaus 24 Mar 2010 08:59:53 3,512 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    How's this working out for you?

Well got the thing, and its a bit better than I thought

I`m still smoking proper's (I love them!) but using the e-ciggy while I tromp around the house/pub/shops etc.

Taste wise, its ok, certainly helps with the nicotine urges. Proper fags seem to taste a bit meh! Im hoping that feeling increases.

Think I need to get some funky flavours.

Generally smoking less and I'm hoping the e-cig becomes my nicotine weapon of choice.

Did an hour in Tesco's the other day, much improved experience for having a snout while I was doing it!
  • Dirtbox 25 Mar 2010 20:58:11 77,754 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Good to hear. Knocking real cigs on the head isn't so hard, you can easily forgo them, just put them out of sight and learn to pick your e-cig up instead.

I find direct dripping the liquid onto the atomiser lets you get a better drag with more and warmer vapour so it replaces regular fags a lot better that way, just mind you take the tampax out of the cart first. A 30ml bottle lasts up to a month as it goes, which isn't too bad at 15 a throw.

• bauhaus 25 Mar 2010 21:03:41 3,512 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've noticed today I'm getting thru the batterys quicker. Its a good job they seem to take about 30 mins to charge. Guess I`m lugging on it more each day.

Smoking much less propers/baccy as well- so its starting to save me money!
  • Dirtbox 25 Mar 2010 21:08:51 77,754 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah, I find they go for about 3-4 hours per charge, which is fine as the previous battery is good and ready by then. Getting a couple of spares is probably on the cards at some point. I've only got the one atomiser, which I hear burn themselves out after a while so I feel like I'm dangling by a thread a bit. I've been eyeballing these which seem like a good deal. Seems like the charger I've already got will fit.

• bauhaus 25 Mar 2010 21:22:25 3,512 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    I've only got the one atomiser, which I hear burn themselves out after a while so I feel like I'm dangling by a thread a bit.

I've been eyeballing these which seem like a good deal. Seems like the charger I've already got will fit.

I got 2 atomisers in the kit I bought. Bought that from one of your previous links

I fear the batterys going though, reckon they'll both go on the same day.

I`m after a good Strawberry flavour, if anyone knows of one.

• BinaryBob101 26 Mar 2010 10:20:01 22,664 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    DB, what are your preferred flavours? Are there any which taste particularity real? I'm thinking forward a bit here for my order next week.

Sir_Walter_Rally wrote:

• Dirtbox 26 Mar 2010 23:29:26 77,754 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've only tried apple and vanilla. Vanilla would be the best of the two, they both taste pretty good though.

• Dirtbox 26 Mar 2010 23:46:56 77,754 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've found the solution for when you're at your computer (a depressingly large amount of the time for me) and you're getting annoyed with swapping batteries.

There's a usb passthrough option.

It's a bit worrying when you're wired to a machine to facilitate your habit, but hey, it's a lesser evil than tarring your lungs up.

• Dirtbox 26 Mar 2010 23:57:49 77,754 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Don't want to, you utter prick.

• Dirtbox 27 Mar 2010 00:11:29 77,754 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The fact it somehow angers you gladdens my day no end!

• Bill-Gates-is-Evil 27 Mar 2010 00:42:48 8,934 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    AceDace wrote:
    Real men don't whine like little girls.

You'd know seeing as you fuck both.

You're obviously stressed out-- care for a cig?
  • BinaryBob101 27 Mar 2010 15:03:29 22,664 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Don't want to, you utter prick.

This. Why are you becoming such a tiresome cunt Ace?

Sir_Walter_Rally wrote:

• Dirtbox 30 Mar 2010 11:42:41 77,754 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    I've found the solution for when you're at your computer (a depressingly large amount of the time for me) and you're getting annoyed with swapping batteries.

There's a usb passthrough option.

It's a bit worrying when you're wired to a machine to facilitate your habit, but hey, it's a lesser evil than tarring your lungs up.
    Got this stuff today; one USB passthrough and a couple of atomisers with the titanium finish (chrome is perpetually sold out) which came to 20.71. They're just the ticket. Incase you're wondering, the passthrough I got is an auto despite a manual with a button being pictured on the site, but it's no big deal, just take care not to flood the atomiser if you direct drip - 2-3 drops is all you need.

These atomisers really dish it out and fit the passthrough perfectly. Coupled with a bottle of liquid, it's all you really need while you're sat at your computer so you can keep your batteries charged for when you're out and about.

I'm becoming a bit of a fan of the 901's here, they're better than the super mini's for vapour and the parts are very amicably priced. If you buy from Liberty Flights, don't forget the discount code ERC69 for 15% off. I think it's only for your first purchase, so get a few bits more than you otherwise might for a better saving.

• TheRealBadabing 1 Apr 2010 19:35:00 1,300 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Tried a few "big battery" mods over the last year and never been terribly impressed until last week when I bought a "Screwdriver". Lovely bit of kit and makes everything else feel cheap or like it's been built in some redneck's garage.

Don't know why I didn't buy one of these sooner, probably because MOAR POWA (5 or 6 volt models) seemed a good idea.

Only took the plunge because they are doing a really good offer right now:
    http://www.cavecom.com/screwdriver/shop/kitindex.htm

@DB plugging in a new atomizer is a real treat. I have got into the habit of chucking mine every couple of weeks as they lose a lot of production over time. Still works out very cheap if you get a good price on a multi-pack.
  • Dirtbox 1 Apr 2010 19:47:00 77,754 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Don't bin your atomiser, stick it in a cup, boil the kettle and give it a bit of a rinse. I've tried it a couple of times and they come up practically good as new.

• TheRealBadabing 1 Apr 2010 19:59:21 1,300 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hehe yeah I used to do that a lot, still do from time to time if a particularly good one starts to fade and needs some CPR. Also used to buy teabags, raid aquarium supplies and butcher cotton buds just to modify my cartridges.

Maybe I'm getting lazy but it's probably because it stopped being a cool new hobby and just became a cool routine for me a while ago, so I'm happy with the low maintenance approach now ;)
  • Dirtbox 1 Apr 2010 20:02:12 77,754 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Sounds a bit too much arsing about for me. I'm similar, but if a minute's routine maintenance saves a fiver, I'm all for it.

• Page

of 119 First / Last