Superman: The Man of Steel Page 64

• Page

of 64 First / Last

Next
  • K-Project 4 Jan 2014 15:33:34 365 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Gl3n wrote:
    Holy tap dancing jesus christ. What have they done to supes? What an awful piece of shit film.

If you liked transformers, have no like of superman to begin with or/and are 14 years old there is an outside chance you will enjoy this.
    I loved it. Thought it was a way better update than Superman Returns. And up against stuff like Pacific Rim, well it's no contest. At least Man of Steel has a story.

/is not 14, doesn't care for Transformers, and has loved Superman since the 70's.

Edited by K-Project at 15:34:20 04-01-2014
  • captainrentboy 4 Jan 2014 15:36:44 991 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    The VFX Oscar nominations are out.

Man Of Steel isn't one of them. Much as I dislike the film, they certainly were better then World War Z I thought.

Elysium
    Gravity
    The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
    Iron Man 3
    The Lone Ranger
    Oblivion
    Pacific Rim
    Star Trek Into Darkness
    Thor: The Dark World
    World War Z
    That's a bit weird. I get that the film itself is particularly marmite, but the effects were pretty darned stonking all the way through.
    The Hobbit's were occasionally facking awful (Molten Gold) for a multi million dollar movie.
  • captainrentboy 4 Jan 2014 15:38:18 991 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    K-Project wrote:
    Gl3n wrote:
    Holy tap dancing jesus christ. What have they done to supes? What an awful piece of shit film.

If you liked transformers, have no like of superman to begin with or/and are 14 years old there is an outside chance you will enjoy this.
    I loved it. Thought it was a way better update than Superman Returns. And up against stuff like Pacific Rim, well it's no contest. At least Man of Steel has a story.

/is not 14, doesn't care for Transformers, and has loved Superman since the 70's.
    Oh and this, 100 times this.
    Apart from I've loved him since the 80's.
  • kalel 4 Jan 2014 15:39:22 87,687 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I just re-watched it. I still think the final act is a bit push, but I do quite like it. At its heart it's a well-meaning film. It's trying to be a proper film with real worth to it. It falls down in a few places, but at least it tries, and isn't just a totally generic by the numbers superhero film. I saw The Wolverine as well and thought it was far far worse than MoS.
  • CosmicFuzz 4 Jan 2014 17:21:13 24,349 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Both the wolverine and man of Steel collapse in the final act. But wolverine is definitely the worse film. Man of Steel has so much great stuff in it, but the final third is just so thuddingly dull. The action is so relentless it's overwhelming. Shame, as I really like the first chunk.

We're back! Our gaming podcast Open Source returns after a break with a look at Destiny, Minecraft and more. Check us out! (And give us a rating on iTunes please!) :)

• Page

of 64 First / Last

Next