Twisted Metal PS3 Page 5

• Page

of 5 First / Last

Next
  • Progguitarist 3 Apr 2012 18:51:15 10,509 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Do the training, learn to use your freeze ray and get in close with the shotty for massive damage.

Also, get good.
  • HisDudness 3 Apr 2012 19:33:57 1,013 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:
    Do the training, learn to use your freeze ray and get in close with the shotty for massive damage.

Also, get good.
    Oh yeah Shotty is my favourite weapon. Give them the old point blank after ramming the shit out of them. Love this game.
  • Progguitarist 3 Apr 2012 19:37:58 10,509 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I love the remote bomb. The sniper rifle is so fun too...got a couple of 1 hit kills with it last night :D
  • HisDudness 3 Apr 2012 21:32:34 1,013 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    In regards to the remote bomb - how does one "shake off" the bomb once it's attached to your car? I've had it fall off me one time, but I have no idea how it happened, so I can't replicate it.
  • FuzzyDuck 4 Apr 2012 15:19:02 4,724 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I think you pass the remote bomb over if you ram someone?
  • HisDudness 4 Apr 2012 15:23:32 1,013 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @FuzzyDuck I really hope that's true, because it's a brilliant idea. I'll try it tonight then.
  • Progguitarist 4 Apr 2012 16:54:11 10,509 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yes you can pass it via ramming another car. I think you can lose it on buildings too.

Have gold medals on almost all events now. Last boss to go...NnnNNNnNnGGggGg
  • HisDudness 13 Apr 2012 23:31:37 1,013 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So what are people's strategies for MP? I'm rolling with Meat Wagon and trying to use the guided gurney around corners and then moving in to finish them off with a freeze and shotty.

I have come across some very effective players though. One guy went 17-0 using Darkside, which is pretty amazing considering health doesn't regen.
  • FuzzyDuck 13 Apr 2012 23:51:42 4,724 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah, almost the same as this! The guided gurney does what, 90 damage? I find that it's a bad idea to dive into battle right away (especially with free-for-all DMs), i like to try and score a few weapons and try and guide a gurney into a group of enemies who are depleted from the initial encounters.

When is Axel available for everyone? And what happened to online the skin editor?
  • Moshbag 14 Apr 2012 11:01:04 106 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Not played much recently online but with Meat Wagon I tend to fire out a freeze and immediately launch the guided gurney after it, hoping the freeze finds its mark. Can't really talk tactics though, I'm not that good (skill rating is around 45 I think). Mainly I'm looking forward to unlocking Shadow as he's my current favourite offline, his special weapon has some amazing variety.

Axel I have no clue about, but I've been using the skin editor via the website (twistedmetal.com). When you enter the site just make sure you choose US when it asks you what region. The customiser is one of the options at the top. There are quite a few options available in the browser editor but if you can, download the photoshop templates. It's a bit of a long winded process but worth it as you can literally do anything you want. I'm currently driving a yellow and green NHS Meat Wagon.

Edited by Moshbag at 11:02:11 14-04-2012

Don't point that beard at me, it might go off!

• Moshbag 14 Apr 2012 11:11:56 106 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    If anyone wants to use my NHS Meat Wagon by the way, browse the customiser on the website and search for "MWUK".

• HisDudness 14 Apr 2012 11:21:52 1,013 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Nice job. Just had a look at it. Good for visibility hehe. I'm just browsing through them now. Some pretty cool designs, but I don't think I've seen any customs in game yet. They should load for everyone right?

What is Axel's special? Seems to be a fairly mediocre performer online, so I'm not itching to be able to use him.
  • Moshbag 14 Apr 2012 13:35:17 106 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I played a game with a friend who said my skin hadn't initially loaded but then appeared on the car later on, so maybe just takes a while for it to update.

Some people seem to do really well with Axel, his main special pulls in his wheels and rides over the top of cars for quite a bit of damage. However as I understand it the more people you run over with one special the more powerful it gets, so good for crowds. Alternate is a shockwave, like his classic TM2 special.

• Gregolution 28 Apr 2012 19:10:20 3,851 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Surprises this thread is so dead, this is a bloody good game. And there's nothing else like it on the market.

Regarding gold trophies on each mission, is there only a gold medal or is there bronze / silver too. And does it matter which difficulty you do it on?

PSN : Gregolution
    XBL : Gregolutionz

• Moshbag 28 Apr 2012 19:30:20 106 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I've not got chance to play in a while, but you are correct, the game is bloody good. There are bronze and silver medals available as well as golds. Whether any of it matters depends on if you are chasing trophies or want unlock the Warthog character (gold on every level on Twisted difficulty!).

• HisDudness 28 Apr 2012 23:24:54 1,013 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm on the final boss.

I fell victim to the latest patch though, which wouldn't allow me to connect to the servers, so I've been waiting to hear that it's fixed before going back.
  • HisDudness 29 Apr 2012 23:15:08 1,013 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Suggestions for vehicle choice on the final boss? Was using Meat Wagon and got past the first two check points, but then was getting my ass kicked by the obstacle course...
  • Progguitarist 29 Apr 2012 23:30:14 10,509 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I used meat wagon. I think it'd be a nightmare no matter who you picked to be honest.
  • Page

of 5 First / Last

Next