Android App and Game Review Thread Page 74

• Page

of 95 First / Last

• Wolves1877 20 May 2013 19:57:53 440 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Is there a free app on google play for me to sync my contacts with my Facebook friends on my galaxy S4?
  • YenRug 20 May 2013 20:24:53 2,328 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    DrDirtyDog wrote:
    Is there a free app on google play for me to sync my contacts with my Facebook friends on my galaxy S4?
    My Galaxy Note syncs my Facebook friends to it, just by having it as a registered account on it; are you trying to sync back to Facebook instead, or does the S4 do things drastically different to previous Samsung phones?
  • skuzzbag 20 May 2013 21:26:54 5,653 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The kobo book reader app is quite good.

Edited by skuzzbag at 21:27:24 20-05-2013
  • Wolves1877 20 May 2013 21:30:17 440 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    YenRug wrote:
    DrDirtyDog wrote:
    My Galaxy Note syncs my Facebook friends to it, just by having it as a registered account on it; are you trying to sync back to Facebook instead, or does the S4 do things drastically different to previous Samsung phones?
    Should have explained better mate, I want my Facebook friends pics integrated into my phone book on S4.
  • Inertia 20 May 2013 21:32:06 677 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Maturin

Can you? I cannot see where you do that. Unless it hasn't updated to the latest version but it's got the new look like the store.
  • Maturin 20 May 2013 21:41:28 3,121 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Inertia wrote:
    @Maturin

Can you? I cannot see where you do that. Unless it hasn't updated to the latest version but it's got the new look like the store.
    I think at the moment you have to do it via the Web and it syncs to your mobile app. Not tried it yet.
  • Jono62 20 May 2013 21:48:07 14,204 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @DrDirtyDog

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ro.weednet.contactssync

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.syncme.syncmeapp

Try one of these. I use Haxsync on my Xperia Z but you have to pay for it.
  • Inertia 20 May 2013 21:54:52 677 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Maturin

I've just checked it out and you have to upload either PDF or epub [but not mobi] to the google site and then refresh in the menu, in the app, to download them. I'm hoping it converts the pdf to read like the google books but I bet it doesn't.
  • Wolves1877 20 May 2013 22:09:07 440 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Jono62 wrote:
    @DrDirtyDog

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ro.weednet.contactssync

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.syncme.syncmeapp

Try one of these. I use Haxsync on my Xperia Z but you have to pay for it.
    Your a star. xD
  • YenRug 20 May 2013 22:09:21 2,328 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    DrDirtyDog wrote:
    YenRug wrote:
    DrDirtyDog wrote:
    Should have explained better mate, I want my Facebook friends pics integrated into my phone book on S4.
    Again, mine does that already, always has done since I bought it. How long have you had your S4? I recall there was a "significant" update to the Facebook app a few weeks back, maybe they screwed up that functionality?
  • Wolves1877 20 May 2013 22:10:30 440 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    YenRug wrote:
    DrDirtyDog wrote:
    YenRug wrote:
    DrDirtyDog wrote:
    Again, mine does that already, always has done since I bought it. How long have you had your S4? I recall there was a "significant" update to the Facebook app a few weeks back, maybe they screwed up that functionality?
    Sorted it now mate
  • Siobheon 21 May 2013 22:13:22 82 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hi everyone, my wife is addicted to Candy Crush Saga. I've had a look and it appears to me that the difficulty is ramped up a lot to get you to pay for stuff. There seem to be loads of match 3 things games. What would be a good alternative?
  • Folant 21 May 2013 22:37:22 1,417 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Bejewelled is the only match-3 your wife will need.

Posted from my Nexus 4, not using Tapatalk 4.

• Spectral 22 May 2013 00:52:19 5,016 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    10000000 is amazons free app of the day and is generally well regarded
  • Murbs 22 May 2013 07:36:41 22,426 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ZOO KEEPER
  • smurphs 22 May 2013 22:51:27 115 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    kingturn - simple graphics but very good strategic rpg. like advance wars but with less grind.
  • smurphs 22 May 2013 22:51:29 115 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    kingturn - simple graphics but very good strategic rpg. like advance wars but with less grind.
  • Deleted user 22 May 2013 22:53:04
    Siobheon wrote:
    Hi everyone, my wife is addicted to Candy Crush Saga. I've had a look and it appears to me that the difficulty is ramped up a lot to get you to pay for stuff. There seem to be loads of match 3 things games. What would be a good alternative?
    If she has a decent amount of Facebook friends who play then she won't have to pay for shit because you can get them to gift you lives/unlock levels for you.
  • superflyninja 23 May 2013 16:37:54 465 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Would it be very inappropriate of me to crash into this thread and asking you lot to download and review a free beta I have released?

Put away those firey biscuits

• PenguinJim 24 May 2013 15:52:05 5,922 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh, I picked up Swype while I was in the office today, and forgot to tell anyone here! It's cheap today. 65p. I don't know if I will ever bring myself to use it. I like jabbing my phone like a jabbering idiot.
  • Folant 26 May 2013 09:44:59 1,417 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I found SwiftKey a bit better than swipe(that SwiftKey just wanted to predict as 'stupid'. Lol.)

The prediction and corrections have been more accurate and dynamic for me, if dynamic is the right word to use. I dunno.

Been looking at some of the launchers to, most of them are the boring square grid, square icons boringness.
    Smart launcher and ss launcher seem the most unique. Would love to use ss launcher but apparently can't get better fonts without rooting and the flower on smart doesn't support folders (as far as I discovered.)

:-(

Posted from my Nexus 4, not using Tapatalk 4.

• Jono62 26 May 2013 10:21:37 14,204 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ooh, SS Launcher looks interesting.
  • OnlyMe 26 May 2013 10:31:55 3,104 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Active Soccer

The best Sensi/Kick Off-inspired game since Sensi and Kick Off itself! Unfortunately, it's hampered by touchscreen controls as usual, but with practice it's a very good game. It's made by the guys who made Throw In on PC, and this is trying to get crowdfunded for a PC version, which I will buy in a heartbeat.

It's on both Android and Iphone.

EDIT: oh, and Chris HŁelsbeck made the soundtrack!

Edited by OnlyMe at 10:33:02 26-05-2013
  • Steve_Perry 28 May 2013 12:01:50 4,642 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Google Music:

The redesign of this is shite. It looks horrible on my nexus 7 with all the orange bars.

Those instant mixes need to be optional also. I can't stand having stuff like that shoved down my gob.

Bit of a step backwards that last update.

VIVA STEFANSEN

• DFawkes 28 May 2013 12:19:13 23,437 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    At least it works for some people. Didn't work on Xperia Play. At all. Instantly crashed on opening. I think it's fixed now, but given it isn't very good and takes up quite a lot of system memory without letting you move it to SD Card, I think I'll pass.

When I bought the new Daft Punk album, I had to go to Google Music on PC, manually download it track by track (no full album option), then move all those files to my phone. I love the Play Store for a lot of stuff, but not music purchasing.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Steve_Perry 28 May 2013 12:21:23 4,642 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I love the idea and the service, I just can't stand the new UI. I find it hard to navigate, which is not good considering I use it when driving hands free to listen to music via bluetooth.

Its obviously still a work in progress. Just as well its free really.

VIVA STEFANSEN

• crashVoodoo 1 Jun 2013 09:11:55 3,967 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Google now wins

Will have test this later but right now this is quite fricken amazing

a Nexus a day keeps the apple away

• Deleted user 1 June 2013 13:08:53
    Em, I'm pretty sure my last iPhone did that like two years ago? Or is there soemthing else there I'm missing.
  • Page

of 95 First / Last