Far Cry 3 Page 31

• Page

of 79 First / Last

• Gambit1977 3 Dec 2012 13:33:50 10,384 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So as not to spoil anything. The mission with the loud ragga music is hard!!!
  • MrWonderstuff 3 Dec 2012 13:39:01 1,977 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    magicpanda wrote:
    I've taken to not clearing outposts and just doing Radio towers for now so there is more danger travelling around and doing other stuff.
    This is my slight gripe with the game that there should still be a good amount of danger even when you take out an outpost.
  • George-Roper 3 Dec 2012 13:40:22 708 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    I think Vaas is the first bad guy in a game that I've genuinely hated for a long time. Evil mad cunt, cant wait to kill him.
    So very, very true. They've done an astonishing job on the characterization, across the board. Don't think I've looked forward to going back to the 'hub' in another game, as I have in this. Meeting all the guys and gals I've rescued and the corresponding conversations/plot. Excellent stuff.

Actually, FC3 is one of just a handful of games that's ever made me jump. I was tracking deer on an island, where I'd also spotted a tiger roaming. Creeping around with my bow, I got a shot on a deer stood by the edge of the water. Took it down, crept over, looking over my shoulder for signs of the tiger and as I was skinning the deer a fucking alligator exploded out of the surf, grabbed my arm and pulled me underneath the water.

Everything just 'clicked'. Amazing experience.

Edited by George-Roper at 13:40:48 03-12-2012
  • M83J01P97 3 Dec 2012 13:42:40 6,720 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    MrWonderstuff wrote:
    magicpanda wrote:
    I've taken to not clearing outposts and just doing Radio towers for now so there is more danger travelling around and doing other stuff.
    This is my slight gripe with the game that there should still be a good amount of danger even when you take out an outpost.
    Yeah I feel the same, but at the same time, I think the reason for this is to give you a desire to fully explore the island without the annoyance of knowing you could run into a group of enemies at anytime when all your wanting to do is find loot and hidden items.

I kind of feel they went with the right decision to leave out any kind of re spawning enemies in liberated areas though.
  • spamdangled 3 Dec 2012 13:44:39 27,485 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    1Dgaf wrote:
    I like tigers. I don't want to kill them. If you do a tiger-free run, will you miss any items?
    You won't be able to craft some stuff.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• PearOfAnguish 3 Dec 2012 13:46:17 7,501 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    M83J01P97 wrote:
    MrWonderstuff wrote:
    magicpanda wrote:
    Yeah I feel the same, but at the same time, I think the reason for this is to give you a desire to fully explore the island without the annoyance of knowing you could run into a group of enemies at anytime when all your wanting to do is find loot and hidden items.

I kind of feel they went with the right decision to leave out any kind of re spawning enemies in liberated areas though.
    I hated the endless respawning FC2 but this has gone too far the other way...all it needs is just a touch more danger in the cleared areas, even if it's just the occasional jeep full who get torn to pieces by friendlies.

Or...they could steal the Saint's Row mechanic of captured areas occasionally coming under attack, so you have to hightail it over there to defend an outpost otherwise it becomes enemy controlled again.

Edited by PearOfAnguish at 13:49:06 03-12-2012
  • spamdangled 3 Dec 2012 13:47:35 27,485 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    sailesh wrote:
    Considering purchasing this soon. One thing I dislike is creepy stuff - are there an zombies/monsters/crazy super natural things that run at you in this game? I've seen that huge ink monster which looks cool.

Wasn't a fan of how the first Uncharted game had that surprise enemy near the end. Yes, I'm a wuss.
    Nothing like that so far (I'm on chapter 4), but there is some spiritual mumbo jumbo so I wouldn't be surprised if it goes all supernatural towards the end.

Edited by darkmorgado at 13:49:40 03-12-2012

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• spamdangled 3 Dec 2012 13:51:11 27,485 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Not sure I'm liking how skills are only unlocked for purchase after certain story missions. It's annoying. I want to go off and explore and get stronger. I've got skill points coming out my ears at the moment but no way to spend them.

• MrWonderstuff 3 Dec 2012 13:51:47 1,977 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Guys anyone know what the different difficulty settings change? I have it on Hard but not sure what's exactly has changed? AI? Damage?
  • Gambit1977 3 Dec 2012 13:52:37 10,384 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    So as not to spoil anything. The mission with the loud ragga music is hard!!!
    Is that the burning the hash fields one? Yeah got stuck on that last night. Its fucking fun though.
    Yes, and yes mate.

Just found a relic behind a metal grill, found a tunnel further round the cliff face walked in and fell straight into water with no way out.

Thank god for fast travel :lol:
  • L_Franko Moderator 3 Dec 2012 13:53:59 9,697 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Do the enemeis in this go down a little easier than the bullet proof enemies in FC2?
  • spamdangled 3 Dec 2012 13:55:26 27,485 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    MrWonderstuff wrote:
    Guys anyone know what the different difficulty settings change? I have it on Hard but not sure what's exactly has changed? AI? Damage?
    AI is more aware, you take more damage and they take more punishment. I think it increases enemy numbers as well, and has an effect on stuff like falling damage, health recovery, length of breath underwater etc.

There's no achievements or anything for completing it on hard, and the game is pretty tough just on the normal setting, so there's no incentive to play on Hard unless you're a masochist really.

• spamdangled 3 Dec 2012 13:55:59 27,485 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    L_Franko wrote:
    Do the enemeis in this go down a little easier than the bullet proof enemies in FC2?
    Yep. Short burst of fire is enough to take care of them.

• Whizzo 3 Dec 2012 13:57:12 43,372 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    L_Franko wrote:
    Single head shots for fun and profit*.

*more XP

This space left intentionally blank.

• RedSparrows 3 Dec 2012 13:57:13 24,301 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Pretty much like 95% of them in FC2 ;)
  • L_Franko Moderator 3 Dec 2012 14:00:44 9,697 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Looks like I have another game on my list then.
  • shamblemonkee 3 Dec 2012 14:08:27 14,664 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Everyone should have this game on their list, it's astounding.
  • billythekid 3 Dec 2012 14:11:08 11,403 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    anthonypappa wrote:
    how do you unlock the extra spaces to carry more guns?
    You need a fan, a flask and some pomegranate juice to craft a bigger holster.
  • Deleted user 3 December 2012 14:14:47
    I'd hate to play this game on Vegan difficulty.
  • Stan101 3 Dec 2012 14:15:01 730 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    MrWonderstuff wrote:
    I'm playing on hard after starting on medium. I think the enemies bullets have increased damage. Also, I'm sure the outposts have more enemies in them. On meduim I was getting 3 or 4 enemies, on hard I'm getting 6 or 7. But I'm not sure if that is just because I've progressed more into the game?

I'm playing on hard, with the auto-aim turned off, aiming reticule turned off and the music turned off. It's a blast. I would advise everyone to turn the music off, the natural sounds are enough for immersion, infact I think it increases it.
  • fletch7100 3 Dec 2012 14:21:55 7,446 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Shooting the guards who are carrying Molotov cocktails never gets old :)
  • happyhammer81 3 Dec 2012 14:24:02 23 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Bloody loving this, my GOTY. Strangely - maybe I'm blind - no noticeable screen tearing or judder on 360.

XBL: happyhammer81

• PearOfAnguish 3 Dec 2012 14:46:44 7,501 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    anthonypappa wrote:
    keep the music on, it's awesome. it isn't even music, apart from the reggae beats inside the cars...

it's more of a score, it fits and creates tension.
    I find disabling the music in open-world games makes a huge difference to the atmosphere. Without the musical queues to warn you of danger you have to rely on the noises enemies make instead. Makes a trek through the jungle very tense.

Also, as with Skyrim, Oblivion and Fallout 3, you should try to avoid fast travel whenever possible. Walking or driving everywhere makes every journey into a little adventure as you get sidetracked by loot or run into random encounters.
  • Maturin 3 Dec 2012 14:56:05 3,236 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Bananazniper wrote:
    MrWonderstuff wrote:
    I'm playing on hard after starting on medium. I think the enemies bullets have increased damage. Also, I'm sure the outposts have more enemies in them. On meduim I was getting 3 or 4 enemies, on hard I'm getting 6 or 7. But I'm not sure if that is just because I've progressed more into the game?
    I'm playing on normal/medium and the outposts further east from the start are getting harder. Definitely more guys in them. So there seems a difficulty progression built into the world away from the difficulty settings.

Did the mission to meet Cidra and then follow the white suited man and Badtown. Then did the nearest radio tower to Badtown. There's an outpost near that I tried to clear. I completely botched it. They sounded the alarm. Reinforcements included a jeep with a mounted heavy machine gun, and some bastard that kept spamming me with RPGs. Was a damn good fight, but managed to beat them. And once I'd taken it and my pals arrived, we did get a little counter attack with some pirates in a jeep.

I need to work my way back westwards. Now I've cleared a square further east I want to join this area up and clear the squares that you skip past if you go to the Cidra mission without having worked your way that far east in general play.

Edited by Maturin at 14:56:54 03-12-2012
  • Ultrasoundwave 3 Dec 2012 15:00:13 3,418 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    happyhammer81 wrote:
    Bloody loving this, my GOTY. Strangely - maybe I'm blind - no noticeable screen tearing or judder on 360.
    There was definitely some slow-down at the start of the game on the 360 for me, as the game is progressing though its getting less and less noticeable.

Either my eyes have adjusted to it or its stopped doing it.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• magicpanda 3 Dec 2012 15:00:24 13,486 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I did find the music was getting on my tits now I think about. Will try turning it off.

My biggest gripe with the sound is the fucking racket it makes when you open the menu. The rest is all good though, gunfire and explosions sound great.

What's really missing (thinking about satisfying noises), is that you can't smack a meaty pig right on the arse and send it running squealing through a camp as a distraction.

Edited by magicpanda at 15:01:03 03-12-2012
  • Page

of 79 First / Last