League of Legends

• Page

of 5 First / Last

Previous
  • tenofspades 15 Nov 2009 09:50:44 1,693 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    League of Legends

If anyone is looking for a different multiplayer game to play- maybe only being used to fps' or mmorpgs. Try this. It's based on a mod made in Warcraft 3 called Dota and is currently in Beta which I believe anyone can now sign up and play. The gameplay is simple enough; you play a Hero very similar in the way of abilities of WoW or Warcraft 3 and the aim is simply to take down the opposing team's base. You earn gold for killing creeps, and enemy Heroes and you can buy items to give you the edge over your opposing hero.

The game is very well-done and user-friendly, but as it's still in Beta there are still a few issues around. That being said while it's free you can download and get a good idea what the game is about. There are a good number of Heroes/Champions you can choose from.

Here's an good example Champion:
    Rogue Mage

Edit: another thing any PC should be able to run this, it's systems specs aren't high.
  • Deleted user 15 November 2009 12:37:49
    http://www.eurogamer.net/forum_thread_posts.php?thread_id=156670
  • tenofspades 17 Nov 2009 20:35:41 1,693 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    oh that's a shame this thread and the other other thread has sort of died. A genuinely good game really not getting any attention.
  • Trikk 20 Nov 2009 21:47:42 23 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    DotA is much better than this game, but kinda hard to get into if you've never played it before. Heroes of Newerth is pretty much a direct rip-off of DotA and a bit easier to get into (doesn't require WC3 to play for one), but currently in closed beta so you need to get a beta invite from someone to play it.
  • tenofspades 21 Nov 2009 08:17:10 1,693 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ah I think it's more of a matter of taste. I never much went on Dota Allstars-preferring the more teamwork orientated RoC version. LoL is probably more along the older lines being a bit more slower-paced, and a little more of that element of teamwork kind of thing. It's drawback possibly is it doesn't have the diversity of heroes of Dota Allstars, or HoN, and for someone wanting more cutthroat play- LoL isn't for that since someone losing out on levelling or gold amount isn't going to have such a huge impact as the other versions. But otherwise for more casual and accessible play, I'd go for LoL for sure.
  • tenofspades 9 Dec 2009 23:16:09 1,693 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    anyone whose playing this excellent game? They've just done a new patch for the Europe version (www.lol-europe.com); new map, new items, and an alteration to the gameplay- lower hp on turrets making lane pushes more significant. (They've also locked some of the heroes that were all open to Europe players before- which was expected)

Edit: just noticed on Gamespy it has been nominated as one of the choices for game of the year: http://uk.gamespy.com/articles/105/1053326p3.html (ie. I have an idea that people aren't trying this game because they think it's some silly browser game because they've never heard of it- it isn't as this article and reviews show, it is good and worth a play. It was made by 2 former Blizzard employees if that gives a hint of it's quality)
  • hypersp 10 Jun 2010 10:56:56 110 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    tenofspades wrote:
    anyone whose playing this excellent game? They've just done a new patch for the Europe version (www.lol-europe.com); new map, new items, and an alteration to the gameplay- lower hp on turrets making lane pushes more significant. (They've also locked some of the heroes that were all open to Europe players before- which was expected)

Edit: just noticed on Gamespy it has been nominated as one of the choices for game of the year: http://uk.gamespy.com/articles/105/1053326p3.html (ie. I have an idea that people aren't trying this game because they think it's some silly browser game because they've never heard of it- it isn't as this article and reviews show, it is good and worth a play. It was made by 2 former Blizzard employees if that gives a hint of it's quality)

This game is very underated considering its free, im playing it if you want to add me (Pestiferous). Great Combo to have with pretty much any game. At the moment its WoW and LoL for me :)
  • tenofspades 30 Jul 2010 11:14:27 1,693 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Its baffling how little this is seen here. Its had like 1m people viewing its trailer, its raved about on most other gaming forums. And here is: 'uh whats league of legends?'
  • LockeTribal 30 Jul 2010 11:17:50 4,443 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    What's league of legends then?
  • StarchildHypocrethes 30 Jul 2010 11:22:03 24,559 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Did you make it?
  • Stickman 30 Jul 2010 11:52:02 29,406 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Their website url 'lol-europe' makes me seethe with rage. Damn Yankees. No sale.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• DazzeL190 30 Jul 2010 13:33:42 88 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've been playing this of late and it's fantastic. For the price of free I recommend anyone give it a go.
  • tenofspades 30 Jul 2010 20:09:16 1,693 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:
    Did you make it?
    No-made by some former Blizzard employees.
  • Cesarcsrf 15 May 2011 21:40:13 385 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    anyone plays LoL ?

add Gverreiro pt

or download the game for free here http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4caa5e4f7bc11160858973
  • hiddenranbir 15 May 2011 22:33:54 5,744 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I play it.
  • Emth 16 May 2011 12:31:51 130 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Riftwalker78 wrote:
    addicting

:(
  • hiddenranbir 16 May 2011 12:40:36 5,744 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm on a shared account so it has helped us unlock a lot of champs, plus pumping in Riot points to unlock some sexy cool skins.

One annoying thing in match making is no-one wants to tank so I have to pull out my SUPER SHEN. Can get boring.
  • Swe_Gamer 15 Jun 2011 07:52:47 226 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    This is awesome game :)
  • hiddenranbir 16 Jun 2011 22:05:05 5,744 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ugh, more tanky dps champs they're introducing.

But Leona the tank looks dope.
  • Zaiz 16 Jun 2011 22:38:25 370 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Leona does look dope, but keep in mind that Riot is only releasing one more tanky DPS in Yorick, the tanky DPS, and then crystal scorpion dude is only a 'tanky fighter'.

gawd, Riot.
  • hiddenranbir 23 Jun 2011 17:29:53 5,744 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So EU won Dreamhack. Some cool team fights.

I'm playing a lot of Lee Sin recently. I now bought Yorick but only managed one match with a fail team. I was farming really well too.

And of course, lots of server issues. EU servers should be the premier ones, it is home of the champions!
  • Zaiz 24 Jun 2011 18:54:45 370 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Blame Goa for yer servers, I think Riot just nabbed the whole kit by revoking Goa's rights to host LoL in the EU, and then bought/upgraded their servers. The US servers have been steady as a rock recently.

I was playing Caitlyn but I've run out of time, my family is making additions to the backyard so I haven't had the 30+ minutes necessary for a LoL game recently.
  • onestepfromlost 26 Jun 2011 16:25:08 1,965 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ok Im going to give this a shot. No idea where to start but will soon get there i guess.
  • hiddenranbir 27 Jun 2011 21:39:54 5,744 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Are their enough of us playing on EU to start doing some teamspeaking ranked games?
  • Deleted user 27 June 2011 21:41:08
    I'm playing (Rumblefuzz) but only just started so other than getting kicked to death, I'm no use.
  • MightyMouse 27 Jun 2011 22:24:28 1,091 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Any suggestions as to good starting guides for this?
  • onestepfromlost 28 Jun 2011 04:46:59 1,965 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    i think theres one on the site but ive just started playing as well and it seems that maybe itll be best learned by doing. maybe if we are all starting out we can learn together tho? My summoner name in game is gragan
  • Page

of 5 First / Last

Previous