Misfits Page 6

• Page

of 9 First / Last

• localnotail 15 Nov 2011 11:59:10 23,093 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    richarddavies wrote:
    It reminds me of that Family guy episode where they all get brilliant super powers apart from Meg who has the amazing ability of growing her fingernails. There like a team of Megs.
    :D or She-woman cat type thing

Edited by localnotail at 12:00:15 15-11-2011

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• Dougs 15 Nov 2011 12:00:52 67,143 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    :D Been a while since I've thought of that....
  • SG 17 Nov 2011 00:39:33 1,892 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Guys, I'm a a bit confused - in the Xmas special I thought that Simon didn't trade his invisibility in because he believed they 'had them for a reason'?

On a related note, I really like the way his personality has come along.

Add me on Nintendo network! I'm 'Sy' or 'Sy_the_Brit_1982' (I've got US systems, hence 'the_Brit').

• DFawkes 17 Nov 2011 02:19:03 22,770 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Alisha told him that Superhoodie Simon told them to get rid of their powers, so he did. She eventually confessed it was a lie, though at the same time I'm sure he could've told her to tell himself to keep his invisibility if he wanted. Or something.

I do like confident Simon, though I'd have liked to seen him a bit closer to original Simon to show he is becoming a hero but isn't quite there yet.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Psychotext 21 Nov 2011 14:56:05 53,933 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That one was a bit different.

Not necessarily in a good way

Edited by Psychotext at 14:59:36 21-11-2011
  • Scurrminator 21 Nov 2011 15:10:31 8,395 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I enjoyed it, very random 'star trek' style time travel episode though.

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• LockeTribal 21 Nov 2011 15:22:38 4,512 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, I thought last night's was fairly good. A bit random, but tied up that loose end from last series re: Curtis's power fairly well. Some excellent laughs in there too ("I'm the sausage, he's the muffin" and Kelly's lines to Hitler).
  • roz123 21 Nov 2011 15:23:14 7,112 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I saw the ending coming a mile off but it didn't make it any less enjoyable.
  • coojam 21 Nov 2011 18:45:07 625 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It was so full of plot holes, but fun nonetheless.
  • Psychotext 21 Nov 2011 18:47:11 53,933 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Didn't they say in one of the past episodes that he couldn't go back to before his birth though? How did she manage it?
  • Chopsen 21 Nov 2011 18:59:08 15,848 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Reminded me a bit of the religious order one in the 1st series and, for some reason, tattooist one in the second. Probably the completely diversionary "this has nothing to do with anything" nature of the storyline.

This is all going a bit Red Dwarf I think, and started doing it in the second series. High fantasy comedy drama with a some great characters and basic premise burns through all its good ideas too soon and doesn't want to end when it should have.

The new Cheeky Chappy character is under-used, as well. I actually prefer him to that Irish guy's character tbh, but he just doesn't get enough screen time. Consistently he is the only one I find funny. Although I love Kelly to bits, "fookin Nazis" was just *such* a predictable line....
  • Deleted user 21 November 2011 20:29:04
    Enjoyed this weeks again, I'm enjoying this season as much as the last two even with Nathan gone.

I think they will kill of the drug dealer next week.
  • localnotail 22 Nov 2011 00:26:01 23,093 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Very silly. Bad misfits.

• richarddavies 23 Nov 2011 11:57:56 2,625 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Watched this last night. Was ok enough if a bit silly and plot holey. I can't help but feel im not loving this series as much as the last two though. It feels like it's lost something to me. :( I'll still keep watching it though.
  • roz123 24 Nov 2011 16:17:56 7,112 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    My biggest annoyance is that Curtis is always so slow when they need to run away or chase someone.
    This series has not been as funny as the last. I hope they can forget about the Simon going back in time story and just have a laugh
  • localnotail 24 Nov 2011 16:21:24 23,093 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It was never too silly though. Just silly enough.

I guess the problem that I have was that it was once something truly unique. It had a marvellous concept, really well acted, edited, filmed and directed, excellent score, a good depth to the characterisation and a really engaging script. It was mint.

Now it's a sitcom. I still like everyone, and I've even come to like Rudy but it's lost depth and quality. Still good, but not as good.

I just read back through my comments on the first 2 pages - I was totally blown away by this when it first arrived. Now I'm just entertained.

The Nazi plotline was chock-full of dreadful plotholes and got us nowhere. Cheap trick.

• SG 24 Nov 2011 20:37:50 1,892 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The biggest plot-hole is that now dealer guy has possession of Curtis' old power - so obviously one of them could get it back, but that won't happen.

I think the reason that people aren't finding this season as good as the first two is because of their shit powers - it provides less scope for variety of situations.

Add me on Nintendo network! I'm 'Sy' or 'Sy_the_Brit_1982' (I've got US systems, hence 'the_Brit').

• coojam 24 Nov 2011 21:08:08 625 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The characters are all likeable now. In the first season they were all cocks.

Also, there's no overarching thread. What's tying this season together? They're just riffing off the "Simon's fate" thing in the second season.
  • Whizzo 24 Nov 2011 21:27:21 43,088 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The biggest problem with the episode is that the Nazis wouldn't really be able to learn all that much from even the most powerful smartphone being dropped in their laps, unless the old bloke had filled the memory with technical data and the history of WWII before he jumped.

Oh and the fact that virtually nothing had changed even with such a huge point of departure from the original timeline.

There's tons of other problems of course.

This space left intentionally blank.

• SG 24 Nov 2011 22:23:35 1,892 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'd imagine that the kind of computer that they could build back then as a result of that phone would give them a massive technological advantage.

• Whizzo 24 Nov 2011 22:48:26 43,088 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    How? They've got no knowledge of micro-electronics, they haven't even got the transistor back then so they get a phone packed full of tech that's so far beyond anything they can understand it's completely and utterly useless. All they'd possibly do with it is break it.

This space left intentionally blank.

• Psychotext 24 Nov 2011 23:40:45 53,933 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They could reverse engineer plenty of stuff from it, even if the highest tech parts of it ended up completely useless to them. I reckon they could learn a massive amount from the motherboard and battery.

Of course, the main processor would be useless to them, but don't forget, they had electron microscopes back then so they could still learn a huge amount from the less complicated parts.

Edited by Psychotext at 23:41:49 24-11-2011
  • BinaryBob101 5 Dec 2011 13:17:22 22,635 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Well, Local was right. Last night's episode was an unfocussed, stinking mess and the core cast at times looked a bit embarrassed.

The only thing that can save Misfits now is Zombies...

Oh, hang on...

Sir_Walter_Rally wrote:
    Many films are based on phone charge running out and being trapped somewhere...

• Dougs 5 Dec 2011 13:32:15 67,143 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm still a few weeks behind, but the Nazi one was a great premise but a little dull imo.
  • ZuluHero 5 Dec 2011 14:21:24 4,099 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Squeal! Zombies! Can't Wait! :)

/Giddy girly giggle
  • Scimarad 5 Dec 2011 18:16:05 8,536 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I loved this weeks, especially Kelly's "when we usually kill a probation worker..." line.
  • Page

of 9 First / Last