Russell Howard isn't funny... Page 6

  • Page

    of 9 First / Last

  • Chopsen 7 Apr 2011 15:14:12 15,871 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Really? I think Stewart Francis' show was very good. The beauty of one liners is that if something doesn't hit home and work, there'll be another one on in a minute.

    I think some of you lot are really spoilt. Go to some dingy piss poor basement of a comedy night somewhere sometime. *Then* you'll know what a really bad stand-up is. You'll be begging Russell Howard to come and entertain you then ;)
  • thedaveeyres 7 Apr 2011 15:15:06 10,884 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Michael McIntyre is quite funny, but it's cool to hate him because he appeals to a broad section of society and is popular. The fucking cunt.

    D****** ******r

    XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

  • beastmaster 7 Apr 2011 15:15:13 11,330 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    All British comics are shit apart from Eddie Izzard. But he's from the moon.

    The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

  • Craig0702 7 Apr 2011 15:16:13 2,178 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ross Noble begs to differ...
  • coda 7 Apr 2011 15:17:47 1,868 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Craig0702 wrote:
    Stewart Lee begs to differ...
  • X201 7 Apr 2011 15:18:36 15,271 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    dogbot wrote:
    He's funnier than Justin Lee Collins...

    Yeah, ok.

    /watches dogbot get an easy home run.
  • Chopsen 7 Apr 2011 15:18:58 15,871 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    thedaveeyres wrote:
    Michael McIntyre is quite funny, but it's cool to hate him because he appeals to a broad section of society and is popular. The fucking cunt.

    Yeah. Also, his act is quite traditional anecdote-based observational comedy. But even if it really is nothing new, you have to admit that he's very good at it.
  • Zomoniac 7 Apr 2011 15:21:31 7,826 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Chopsen wrote:
    thedaveeyres wrote:
    Michael McIntyre is quite funny, but it's cool to hate him because he appeals to a broad section of society and is popular. The fucking cunt.

    Yeah. Also, his act is quite traditional anecdote-based observational comedy. But even if it really is nothing new, you have to admit that he's very good at it.

    He has at least two routines lifted almost verbatim from Izzard shows, makes me wonder how much of the other stuff is 'borrowed' from people I don't know.
  • Zomoniac 7 Apr 2011 15:21:48 7,826 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    Don't give that unfunny tit money Zom.

    Francis or Jones?
  • mrpon 7 Apr 2011 15:23:35 28,765 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Jones.

    Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

  • RedSparrows 7 Apr 2011 15:24:40 22,315 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So I can't find McIntyre ball-achingly unfunny without trying to be rebellious, somehow?

    Rot.
  • Chopsen 7 Apr 2011 15:25:09 15,871 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Zomoniac wrote:
    Chopsen wrote:
    thedaveeyres wrote:
    Michael McIntyre is quite funny, but it's cool to hate him because he appeals to a broad section of society and is popular. The fucking cunt.

    Yeah. Also, his act is quite traditional anecdote-based observational comedy. But even if it really is nothing new, you have to admit that he's very good at it.

    He has at least two routines lifted almost verbatim from Izzard shows, makes me wonder how much of the other stuff is 'borrowed' from people I don't know.

    Interesting. Which routines are those? I've got a terrible memory for material/routines/jokes. I've seen the same comedians do the same routines more than once before and I only recognise some of what I've heard before. Means I'm a lot easier to entertain :)
  • Zomoniac 7 Apr 2011 15:25:20 7,826 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    Jones.

    What's wrong with him? Always liked him on MtW.
  • Zomoniac 7 Apr 2011 15:27:19 7,826 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Chopsen wrote:
    Zomoniac wrote:
    Chopsen wrote:
    thedaveeyres wrote:
    Michael McIntyre is quite funny, but it's cool to hate him because he appeals to a broad section of society and is popular. The fucking cunt.

    Yeah. Also, his act is quite traditional anecdote-based observational comedy. But even if it really is nothing new, you have to admit that he's very good at it.

    He has at least two routines lifted almost verbatim from Izzard shows, makes me wonder how much of the other stuff is 'borrowed' from people I don't know.

    Interesting. Which routines are those? I've got a terrible memory for material/routines/jokes. I've seen the same comedians do the same routines more than once before and I only recognise some of what I've heard before. Means I'm a lot easier to entertain :)

    There was a bit about vacuums vs carpet sweepers that was painfully obviously taken from a similar sketch in Glorious. There was at least one other as well but I can't remember what it was. Haven't seen any of his stuff in a year or two.
  • Chopsen 7 Apr 2011 15:28:52 15,871 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    So I can't find McIntyre ball-achingly unfunny without trying to be rebellious, somehow?

    Rot.

    No. A lot of it comes down to what you find funny I guess. It's subjective, isn't it? I think he gets a lot of stick from some quarters for being a bit too old school I think. I'm not saying you're making a concious decision not to like him to appear cool.
  • Chopsen 7 Apr 2011 15:30:46 15,871 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I do like Milton Jones but he has a very limited amount of material that he uses for his shows. Seen him a few times at festivals over the years like for years and he really does just re-use the same material every single time. And if *I* can remember it, there must be some serious repetition going on.
  • Craig0702 7 Apr 2011 15:31:09 2,178 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    coda wrote:
    Stewart Lee begs to differ...

    I'm not a violent person but I wouldn't get sick of hitting him. Such a smug, annoying cunt with a smug, annoying voice.

    Cunt.
  • Fab4 7 Apr 2011 15:35:13 5,996 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Craig0702 wrote:
    coda wrote:
    Stewart Lee begs to differ...

    I'm not a violent person but I wouldn't get sick of hitting him. Such a smug, annoying cunt with a smug, annoying voice.

    Cunt.

    And yet, at his chosen profession, extremely talented.
  • thedaveeyres 7 Apr 2011 15:38:49 10,884 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Craig0702 wrote:
    coda wrote:
    Stewart Lee begs to differ...

    I'm not a violent person but I wouldn't get sick of hitting him. Such a smug, annoying cunt with a smug, annoying voice.

    Cunt.


    Pretty much my favourite comedian. Isn't it amazing... it's almost like people have different tastes in comedy. My mind is boggled.

    D****** ******r

    XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

  • w00t 7 Apr 2011 15:39:43 11,079 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    McIntyre's alright. Not my cup of tea, but makes me laugh every so often (I like his power skipping bit).

    The day charity died - NEVER FORGET

    (the mic was OK in the end)

  • mrpon 7 Apr 2011 15:40:22 28,765 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Zomoniac wrote:
    mrpon wrote:
    Jones.
    What's wrong with him? Always liked him on MtW.
    Then you've seen his repertoire. He did some god-awful joke about horse whispering or something, and I had the misfortune of youtubing him. Same joke, 10 years ago and this isn't an isolated incident. I just don't like the chap. Stewart though, I do like.

    Ha! And there you go, Chopsen confirms.

    Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

  • Craig0702 7 Apr 2011 15:41:34 2,178 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    thedaveeyres wrote:
    Craig0702 wrote:
    coda wrote:
    Stewart Lee begs to differ...

    I'm not a violent person but I wouldn't get sick of hitting him. Such a smug, annoying cunt with a smug, annoying voice.

    Cunt.


    Pretty much my favourite comedian. Isn't it amazing... it's almost like people have different tastes in comedy. My mind is boggled.

    Ah, sarcasm. I'll remember not to express an opinion next time.
  • Gambit1977 7 Apr 2011 15:44:33 9,583 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Why is it just 'cool' to hate Macintyre? Can't the lovers just admit he's actually an annoying cunt? :D

    If he was an amplifier I'd send him back due to highly fluctuating volume problems
  • Craig0702 7 Apr 2011 15:46:10 2,178 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's the whole 'hating something because it's popular' thing really isn't it?

    Although the reverse of that is you now can't hate someone who is popular because you get accused of trying to be cool. It's a vicious circle of hidden ulterior motives.
  • Gambit1977 7 Apr 2011 15:49:40 9,583 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I always find it's the new excuse for an argument! If I don't like what someone else does, it's because I'm 'being different' or it's cool to hate :-/

    Maybe we all have different tastes :D

    Still think he's a coont! But then I don't like many comedians. Izzard was superb in his prime, but since breaking into America I've found him a little too brash...ok, a lot brash!
  • thedaveeyres 7 Apr 2011 15:49:57 10,884 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's a nest of vipers out there, boys. All you can do is grit your teeth, maintain a stiff upper lip and soldier on.

    D****** ******r

    XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

  • gamingdave 7 Apr 2011 15:50:33 4,216 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    thedaveeyres wrote:
    Craig0702 wrote:
    coda wrote:
    Stewart Lee begs to differ...

    I'm not a violent person but I wouldn't get sick of hitting him. Such a smug, annoying cunt with a smug, annoying voice.

    Cunt.


    Pretty much my favourite comedian. Isn't it amazing... it's almost like people have different tastes in comedy. My mind is boggled.

    Love Stewart Lee, but he can be hard going at times, but then thats part of the act. Live even more so. Hes also the only person to put Sadowitz on the TV in a very long time, and for that deserves a medal.

    As for the other comedians in this thread, most of them I can watch, and whilst some may not be particularly clever, can still make me crack a smile from time to time. Some may rehash old ground, but that doesnt meen those acts arent funny themselves.
  • craigy Staff 7 Apr 2011 15:52:20 7,600 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I hated him before I knew he was popular. Work that one out!
  • dogbot 7 Apr 2011 16:10:25 2,272 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    So I can't find McIntyre ball-achingly unfunny without trying to be rebellious, somehow?

    Rot.

    Innit. He's just a cunt.
  • thedaveeyres 7 Apr 2011 16:16:36 10,884 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I can't see how anyone could find mild observational comedy particularly hard to take, but it takes all sorts.

    Note to self: Do not, under any circumstances, go down the pub with these guys ;)

    D****** ******r

    XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

  • Page

    of 9 First / Last

Log in or register to reply