I wish to end my neighbours Page 25

• Page

of 40 First / Last

• robc84 28 Jan 2014 09:26:44 6,082 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I understand there is a level of courtesy you should have for your neighbours. If my son starts throwing things around in the bedroom at 6am I'll take him into the living room. So I do see your point.

But I also think that they are just living their lives in their flat as they are entitled to do.

Without seeing what they are actually doing up there it's difficult to tell if they are being unreasonable. It's a difficult one.
  • Gl3n Moderator 28 Jan 2014 09:28:03 5,953 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I realise you don't 'ask' a baby to do things. I'm using diplomatic language :)

Fundamentally, it sounds like tough shit for anyone else who isn't in their family. Dad squad.
  • nickthegun 28 Jan 2014 09:28:32 61,318 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, but its just walking around thats getting on his tits. Imagine trying to confine a one year old to quarters. It would scream its tits off and make more noise than if you just let him toddle about.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• robc84 28 Jan 2014 09:29:31 6,082 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Gl3n wrote:
    I realise you don't 'ask' a baby to do things. I'm using diplomatic language :)

Fundamentally, it sounds like tough shit for anyone else who isn't in their family. Dad squad.
    So how are you suggesting they should get the baby to stop being loud then?
  • robc84 28 Jan 2014 09:32:36 6,082 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @nickthegun

That's what I mean. If he is smashing toys on the bedroom floor or something then, yeah maybe a bit unfair to the downstairs neighbours. The kid would probably just as happily do it in another room. Although I'm not sure how much difference that would make considering the terrible soundproofing.

If they are just walking around their flat and talking etc, then yeah, he is being 'an unreasonable cunt' :)
  • Deleted user 28 January 2014 09:33:16
    Gl3n wrote:
    Look, again, if we were talking about building work, or music, or parties, or smoking weed or anything clearly anti-social I would be on your side.

And equally, if we were talking about any time between 11:00pm to 5:00am I'd also be on your side.

But while I get that this is of irritation to you, surely you can see it's more unreasonable for you to expect a kid not to be making noise at 6:00am and run around a flat, than it is for a whole family not to respect your lie-in.

And seriously, why don't you go to bed at about 10:00pm? That way you'll get a good night's sleep in? And if the answer is because you don't want to, or you don't see why you should, then you kind of have your answer as to why they shouldn't have to shut their kid up for you.
  • Gl3n Moderator 28 Jan 2014 09:33:27 5,953 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    robc84 wrote:
    I understand there is a level of courtesy you should have for your neighbours. If my son starts throwing things around in the bedroom at 6am I'll take him into the living room. So I do see your point.

But I also think that they are just living their lives in their flat as they are entitled to do.

Without seeing what they are actually doing up there it's difficult to tell if they are being unreasonable. It's a difficult one.
    This to be fair. I sympathise for them because having to 'fight' my corner on this feels incredibly stressful. They moved in in November and we've given them until now to 'move in' and finish moving their furniture etc. Now it's getting ridiculous and we feel we have had to say something or it will potentially never get better. If it fundamentally can't then obviously we'll move.

We've been up twice after them being here for three months, each time being understanding, diplomatic and courteous about it. They are nice people and we like to get on with our neighbours. On the other hand no one should have to put up with persistent preventable noise. This morning this kid wasn't in distress, his parents were laughing and playing a screaming and running game with him. We could hear it all and yes i spoilt said precious family moment because I class that as unreasonable at 6am.

I'm surprised but maybe I've picked the wrong forum to vent my frustrations.

Edited by Gl3n at 09:34:24 28-01-2014
  • nickthegun 28 Jan 2014 09:33:49 61,318 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its, basically, a no-win situation.

The only way to stop a toddler from toddling is to leave them in their cot at which point they scream the fucking house down.

• nickthegun 28 Jan 2014 09:35:06 61,318 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gl3n wrote:
    I'm surprising but maybe I've picked the wrong forum to vent my frustrations.
    Im not entirely sure theres a forum that will pat you on the back and shout 'you go girl!' about this other than sleepingmisanthropes.com.

• TheSaint 28 Jan 2014 09:37:31 14,829 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just make more noise yourself while your awake late at night. In turn that will keep their kid up later and he'll sleep longer in the morning more closely matching your schedule.

Seems simple really.
  • quadfather 28 Jan 2014 09:38:14 13,379 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Gl3n wrote:
    Yeah, we're talking about finding somewhere else now. It's incredibly shit because before they moved in we were fine. Now we're looking at forking out a load of money and time relocating through no fault of our own, or their's honestly.

I understand controlling a young kid/baby is difficult but they were doing absolutely nothing to stop him. I banged on the ceiling after half an hour of this.

Can you imagine.

I don't care if you're a dad or not, are you telling me that I'm unreasonable for protesting that they are being unfair. Note, the noise stopped basically immediately afterwards. I'm not calling them twats for being loud I knocked on the ceiling three times.
    Oh, don't get me wrong. I can *really* imagine, because I absolutely love my peace and quiet, and I've been stuck next to some right arseholes before, and it really does knacker your home life. I know the feeling about dreading coming home, and waiting for the first noise, hoping it will never happen.

But it will. It always does.

I'm not a dad, but I understand that people, generally, can be loud in their normal lives. It's not you, or them, it's the bloody flat.

I'd get out asap before you make yourself worse for wear from it. It's only going to put a strain on your family in the long run, and life's too short for any of that jazz.

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• robc84 28 Jan 2014 09:38:55 6,082 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Gl3n wrote:

I'm surprised but maybe I've picked the wrong forum to vent my frustrations.
    Probably, yes.

Again though, if the child wants to play, why shouldn't they play with it? If they don't it'll probably get frustrated and scream the house down anyway, as Nick said.

It's not their fault the soundproofing is shit.
  • mrpon 28 Jan 2014 09:39:59 29,568 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Work harder and buy a detached house.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Deleted user 28 January 2014 09:42:21
    Why don't you go to bed earlier?
  • Gl3n Moderator 28 Jan 2014 09:43:44 5,953 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Gl3n wrote:
    Yeah, we're talking about finding somewhere else now. It's incredibly shit because before they moved in we were fine. Now we're looking at forking out a load of money and time relocating through no fault of our own, or their's honestly.

I understand controlling a young kid/baby is difficult but they were doing absolutely nothing to stop him. I banged on the ceiling after half an hour of this.

Can you imagine.

I don't care if you're a dad or not, are you telling me that I'm unreasonable for protesting that they are being unfair. Note, the noise stopped basically immediately afterwards. I'm not calling them twats for being loud I knocked on the ceiling three times.
    Oh, don't get me wrong. I can *really* imagine, because I absolutely love my peace and quiet, and I've been stuck next to some right arseholes before, and it really does knacker your home life. I know the feeling about dreading coming home, and waiting for the first noise, hoping it will never happen.

But it will. It always does.

I'm not a dad, but I understand that people, generally, can be loud in their normal lives. It's not you, or them, it's the bloody flat.

I'd get out asap before you make yourself worse for wear from it. It's only going to put a strain on your family in the long run, and life's too short for any of that jazz.
    Thanks for understanding that aspect. It is legitimately miserable.
  • Deleted user 28 January 2014 09:45:04
    Nobody thinks you don't have a right to be miserable about this. I have nothing but sympathy.

What's unreasonable is you thinking it's their problem, not yours.
  • nickthegun 28 Jan 2014 09:48:51 61,318 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its also miserable being on the other side of it.

My mum and dad used to live next door to an old crank who im sure just sat with a glass against the wall and a walking stick to bang it with, complaining all the time about the most mundane of things.

It had my mum walking on eggshells, terrified of making any noise. If you went round to their house, you could hardly hear the TV because she was afraid of upsetting the old cow.

• Gl3n Moderator 28 Jan 2014 09:51:07 5,953 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    No, I think it's about meeting in the middle. Don't play with your kid above our heads when it's still dark outside.

We won't complain about the constant loud noise the rest of the time, get better earplugs and yeah potentially have to change our sleep patterns.

Failing this TheSaint's solution. I'm joking.
  • Alastair 28 Jan 2014 10:04:50 16,406 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Gl3n wrote:
    No, I think it's about meeting in the middle. Don't play with your kid above our heads when it's still dark outside.
    So, in the summer they'll be able to start playing at 4am. :)
  • RedSparrows 28 Jan 2014 10:30:16 24,248 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Its also miserable being on the other side of it.

My mum and dad used to live next door to an old crank who im sure just sat with a glass against the wall and a walking stick to bang it with, complaining all the time about the most mundane of things.

It had my mum walking on eggshells, terrified of making any noise. If you went round to their house, you could hardly hear the TV because she was afraid of upsetting the old cow.
    We used to live next door to an old lady who hated my mum. No reason at all. She would shout on the telephone in her hall about my mum being a whore. She was foul. Mum left (anyway) and was much happier.
  • nickthegun 28 Jan 2014 10:34:58 61,318 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    In my mums case, respite came when the old woman popped her clogs.

• kinky_mong 28 Jan 2014 10:36:53 10,867 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:
    Just make more noise yourself while your awake late at night. In turn that will keep their kid up later and he'll sleep longer in the morning more closely matching your schedule.

Seems simple really.
    A good old carbon monoxide leak will help change the brat's sleeping patterns too.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• Gl3n Moderator 28 Jan 2014 10:46:04 5,953 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Alastair wrote:
    Gl3n wrote:
    So, in the summer they'll be able to start playing at 4am. :)
    ...i'll need to be careful with the contract wording :)
  • Dougs 28 Jan 2014 10:54:46 69,516 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:

Seems simple really.
    Ha, yeah, cos that works! As someone said, kids get up early, no matter what time you put them to bed.
  • Load_2.0 28 Jan 2014 11:00:34 19,670 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Pretty hard to feel sympathy for your situation

Shit happens before 7.30am, people get up and go to work, kids make noise when they are young, rubbish trucks pick up rubbish.

The act of hammering the ceiling is far more anti-social than having a noisy kid! That is instant stress from the precious neighbor downstairs.

If you want to avoid this move to the country side or get rich and buy a detached property. Failing that welcome to urban living.
  • Mr_Sleep 28 Jan 2014 11:00:43 17,383 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    robc84 wrote:
    Without seeing what they are actually doing up there it's difficult to tell if they are being unreasonable.
    Peeping Tom confirmed.

You are a factory of sadness.

• Load_2.0 28 Jan 2014 11:02:07 19,670 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Zizoo wrote:
    I hit my ceiling with a broom a couple of weeks ago when it sounded like he was moving furniture at 1am and the guy said through his floor/my ceiling "please stop hitting my floor"

I have since learned that he has a chair on wheels... Our neighbor above did get a carpet/rug
    You terrorised a man in a wheelchair and eventually forced him to buy carpet?

Beast.
  • Mr_Sleep 28 Jan 2014 11:07:14 17,383 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I used to live above a chicken take away that never even considered that someone might live above them. They once decided to do some refurbishment work on their shop at 12:30 at night. Drilling and hammering; my girlfriend and I could barely believe it. I rolled out of bed and went downstairs and got pretty fucking angry and the bloke just said "ten more minutes". It was fucking 12:30!

Add to that, every week, at least two days in that week, they'd forget to switch off their compressor and leave the lights on out the back. I lived there for six years and had to put up with this shit.

You are a factory of sadness.

• robc84 28 Jan 2014 11:08:34 6,082 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    robc84 wrote:
    Without seeing what they are actually doing up there it's difficult to tell if they are being unreasonable.
    Peeping Tom confirmed.
    Hey, I'm just tying to help out.

/ gets binoculars
  • Page

of 40 First / Last