Failing job interviews. Page 3

  • Page

    of 21 First / Last

  • Deleted user 19 October 2009 23:20:48
    Timmy wrote:
    iHAZaCHEEZ3burger wrote:
    Timmy wrote:
    JuanKerr wrote:
    Damn those dole people for trying to help you get a job.

    I'm more than capable of getting myself one.
    Why are you on the dole then? Are you a benefit scrounger?

    I'm not even going humour that.
    Well it seems true, one minute you're more than capable of getting a job, the next you're posting about how difficult it is. Then you want to try and fail at a job interview you actually have? A jobs a job at the end of the day, and like you said, we are in a reccession don't you know.
  • FWB 19 Oct 2009 23:21:12 44,585 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    SG wrote:
    Oh and what about not even taking a CV in?

    Much better taking a hand written one in. Not having one could be a honest mistake. The former is deliberate.
  • SG 19 Oct 2009 23:21:35 1,896 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    YoshiMcTaggis wrote:
    Spin it any way you want, you're attempting benefit fraud.
    No he's legally entitled to it, he's just trying to stretch the entitlement. Plus it's only for a week, cripes.

    Add me on Nintendo network! I'm 'Sy' or 'Sy_the_Brit_1982' (I've got US systems, hence 'the_Brit').

  • Timmy 19 Oct 2009 23:21:41 9,031 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    YoshiMcTaggis wrote:
    Spin it any way you want, you're attempting benefit fraud.

    Care to elaborate?
  • Hunam 19 Oct 2009 23:22:45 20,674 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So.. In summary, Timmy doesn't want to get a job and instead wants to take money from people who need it to support their families after they have been shit canned because of the recession, further milking the black hole in the UK budget that is benefits by sitting at home playing video games and fucking up any interview he gets. His reason for this is because he's unqualified, lazy and too self important to work shit jobs like every one else in the world.
  • YoshiMcTaggis 19 Oct 2009 23:22:52 3,180 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Deliberately trying to fail an interview in order to not be kicked off benefits = fraud

    Jesus
  • Deleted user 19 October 2009 23:22:58
    Timmy wrote:
    YoshiMcTaggis wrote:
    Spin it any way you want, you're attempting benefit fraud.

    Care to elaborate?

    Deliberately sabotaging something that they have said 'go for this interview or you're no longer eligible' seems pretty fraudulent to me.
  • cubbymoore 19 Oct 2009 23:23:12 36,498 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's where you're being fraudulent with benefits.
  • PrivateFloyd 19 Oct 2009 23:23:25 4,135 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    cubbymoore wrote:
    One of my friends has been job hunting for over a year now, he's the most useless human being ever.

    The only paid work he's ever done was a week standing outside a newsagent letting in schoolkids two at a time. At first he told us he was a bouncer, the fucking idiot.

    hehe made me laugh!

    I just got home from hosting a recruitment evening for a xmas event i am running. 60 people attended all looking nice and smart....

    apart from one dude who turned up late, fresh from the gym on his phone.

    delightful.

    Goat is hungry.....

  • FWB 19 Oct 2009 23:24:03 44,585 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Why don't you just quit the benefit? I agree it might seem a bit of a pain if you have only one week to wait, but work is work. Look at it this way... you're working to repay all the dole you've been on up until you leave it.
  • Hunam 19 Oct 2009 23:24:06 20,674 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Timmy wrote:
    Hunam wrote:
    If he has another job a week after that, why not.. you know, just sign off...

    Are you fucking stupid? Why do you think? I've still got to pay the bills and eat.

    Then just take the shit job and walk out of it when your super job comes along. Bloody hell.
  • PazJohnMitch 19 Oct 2009 23:24:07 8,068 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    @PazJohnMitch.

    Well you thought about it. Ergo you're no better than me. :)

    What do you do, if I may ask?

    Everyone at my university with a Chemical Engineering degree was advised to apply. This was essentially all the career advice office said to people not studying business.

    I am a Senior Process Engineer for a Technology licensor.

    You?
  • Deleted user 19 October 2009 23:24:36
    Hunam wrote:
    So.. In summary, Timmy doesn't want to get a job and instead wants to take money from people who need it to support their families after they have been shit canned because of the recession, further milking the black hole in the UK budget that is benefits by sitting at home playing video games and fucking up any interview he gets. His reason for this is because he's unqualified, lazy and too self important to work shit jobs like every one else in the world.
    Exactly, the scrounger, do you know how many people would love to have that interview?
  • JuanKerr 19 Oct 2009 23:25:25 36,248 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hunam wrote:
    Timmy wrote:
    Hunam wrote:
    If he has another job a week after that, why not.. you know, just sign off...

    Are you fucking stupid? Why do you think? I've still got to pay the bills and eat.

    Then just take the shit job and walk out of it when your super job comes along. Bloody hell.

    Because the shit job is REALLY shit and he can't be arsed to do it that's why. Jesus, keep up will you.
  • Timmy 19 Oct 2009 23:26:02 9,031 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    For another week at most for a job that I found off my own back that I actually want. Yeah. I'm a criminal.

    I know what you're getting at, but you're twisting my words and you know it.
  • Hunam 19 Oct 2009 23:26:38 20,674 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    JuanKerr wrote:
    Hunam wrote:
    Timmy wrote:
    Hunam wrote:
    If he has another job a week after that, why not.. you know, just sign off...

    Are you fucking stupid? Why do you think? I've still got to pay the bills and eat.

    Then just take the shit job and walk out of it when your super job comes along. Bloody hell.

    Because the shit job is REALLY shit and he can't be arsed to do it that's why. Jesus, keep up will you.

    Shit, sorry I kept bringing common sense into the mix!
  • Timmy 19 Oct 2009 23:27:04 9,031 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Inquisitor wrote:
    They shouldn't be forcing you to go if you have proof of a job starting just a week after. Just don't turn up and say you were ill if you're that confident of getting the job a week later.

    Exactly. I gave them the phone number of the employer. What more am I supposed to do?
  • cubbymoore 19 Oct 2009 23:27:18 36,498 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Having had to work night shifts for a year straight because there was no other job around makes me sympathise with Timmy majorly.
  • Deleted user 19 October 2009 23:28:17
    Have you 100% got the job though?
  • Deleted user 19 October 2009 23:28:25
    cubbymoore wrote:
    Having had to work night shifts for a year straight because there was no other job around makes me sympathise with Timmy majorly.

    Difference being you had the spine to go through with it.
  • JuanKerr 19 Oct 2009 23:28:25 36,248 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Timmy wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:
    They shouldn't be forcing you to go if you have proof of a job starting just a week after. Just don't turn up and say you were ill if you're that confident of getting the job a week later.

    Exactly. I gave them the phone number of the employer. What more am I supposed to do?

    I thought you said this other job was 'pretty much lined up'? That implies that you haven't actually got it yet.
  • FWB 19 Oct 2009 23:28:36 44,585 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    I am a Senior Process Engineer for a Technology licensor.

    You?

    Interesting work?

    Teaching while I await my results. But (fingers crossed) just completed my MA in Geopolitics, Territory and Security. Amongst many things I did study maritime/land delimitation and border security (though specialised in the latter in the end). As you can guess oil companies tend to like that kind of stuff so I thought I'd chuck an application their way during my course. Filled it out, but never applied in the end. Might have to, but I d have some morals. :)
  • Timmy 19 Oct 2009 23:29:09 9,031 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    cubbymoore wrote:
    Having had to work night shifts for a year straight because there was no other job around makes me sympathise with Timmy majorly.

    A year of that would kill me.
  • Deleted user 19 October 2009 23:29:46
    Anyway, why would you need to sabotage it? Go to the interview, do it normally, if they offer you the job say 'Sorry, I've been offered something better'.
  • Page

    of 21 First / Last

Log in or register to reply