The 'There, I said it' thread. Page 80

• Page

of 88 First / Last

• Armoured_Bear 4 Jul 2013 17:34:12 10,293 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    There is something stopping me from buying a PlayStation 4... People on the Internet.

I agree with everyone that the always online DRM stuff was bullshit, it was too much, too soon and was more about them thinking about shareholders more than consumers. But my God the amount of venom that comes spewing out from every self-entitled, self-important jumped up little prick on the Internet is quite something. I actually feel sorry for MS under this barrage. Mistakes have been made, and they're not doing an amazing job of rectifying it but it's like this constant stream of shit just flooding towards them. The signal to noise ratio as they try to get some legitimate feedback must be terrible.

And I find myself looking towards the Xbox One, doing my own U-turn. At E3 I was saying "well PlayStation it is the one". Now I couldn't bear to buy a PS4 because I know all the annoying nobheads are going to be on that system instead.

There, I said it.
    I kind of understand where you coming from, I just have no idea how you could bear ever owning a 360 then. It was basically the other way round for years on EG. :p
    Hehe.
    This!

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Deckard1 4 Jul 2013 17:35:06 27,220 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    99% of the people on the internet are cunts
  • Deckard1 4 Jul 2013 17:35:14 27,220 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    See above
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 4 Jul 2013 17:49:00 37,374 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:
    I kind of understand where you're coming from, I just have no idea how you could bear ever owning a 360 then. It was basically the other way round for years on EG. :p
    Haha, easy - I owned a 360, PS3 and a Wii. I only regretted one of those purchases ;)

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Deleted user 4 July 2013 17:51:41
    Goodfella wrote:
    Deckard1 wrote:
    99% of people are cunts
    Yep.
    Yep.
  • andytheadequate 4 Jul 2013 17:52:00 8,081 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    There is something stopping me from buying a PlayStation 4... People on the Internet.

I agree with everyone that the always online DRM stuff was bullshit, it was too much, too soon and was more about them thinking about shareholders more than consumers. But my God the amount of venom that comes spewing out from every self-entitled, self-important jumped up little prick on the Internet is quite something. I actually feel sorry for MS under this barrage. Mistakes have been made, and they're not doing an amazing job of rectifying it but it's like this constant stream of shit just flooding towards them. The signal to noise ratio as they try to get some legitimate feedback must be terrible.

And I find myself looking towards the Xbox One, doing my own U-turn. At E3 I was saying "well PlayStation it is the one". Now I couldn't bear to buy a PS4 because I know all the annoying nobheads are going to be on that system instead.

There, I said it.
    I can't agree more. Even when Microsoft do something good (a decent sale, giving away free games), people still complain about them at the moment.

Although to be fair, most of the criticism was justified a month or so ago (but less so now)
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 4 Jul 2013 17:58:15 37,374 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    There's a lot of good points about the bad things that Microsoft are doing, but when they literally can't say something/do something/say nothing/do nothing without a horde of RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK MICROSOFT it gets beyond a joke.

• Deleted user 4 July 2013 18:04:01
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    There's a lot of good points about the bad things that Microsoft are doing, but when they literally can't say something/do something/say nothing/do nothing without a horde of RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK MICROSOFT it gets beyond a joke.
    ......................//)
    ....................,/../
    .................../..../
    .............//'...'/`
    ........../'/.../..../......./\
    ........('(.......... ~/'...')
    .........\.................'...../
    ..........''...\.......... _.
    ............\..............(
    ..............\.............\...
  • cubbymoore 4 Jul 2013 18:09:20 36,468 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's always been a bit strawman regarding Microsoft. But then there's that trap that people fall into where if they held a position on an argument then they have to stick to it regardless of subsequent events, thinking they'll be accused of some kind of hypocrisy otherwise. The problem being they confused the principle (not strictly owning a game you bought on disc, say) with the perpetrator (Microsoft), when one of those factors changed.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 4 Jul 2013 18:12:02 37,374 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I think the solution is whenever someone gets overly angry about anything on the Internet, just pretend it's Olivia Wilde. Then it'll seem that bit better.

edit: That's an animated gif that doesn't seem to want to animate on this page for some reason :(

Edited by MrTomFTW at 18:13:24 04-07-2013

• Deleted user 4 July 2013 18:12:33
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    Tbis is no different from years of any and all attention the PS3 got or the wiiu for example. Just happens to be Microsoft's turn.
  • Deleted user 4 July 2013 18:13:39
    What the fuck is going on with her neck? That's horrible. It's like something out of The Thing.
  • cubbymoore 4 Jul 2013 18:15:18 36,468 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Her neck has scaffolding to support that massive head.
  • Deckard1 4 Jul 2013 18:30:02 27,220 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Its a spunk trough. Least it should be.
  • IRONOMAN 4 Jul 2013 18:35:37 136 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    MrTomFTW wrote:

Hehe.
    This!
    /IWATA STILL HOLDS THIS USER RESPONSIBLE FOR MILLION IN LOST REVENUE AND FAILURE OF WIIU

SIGS ARE FOR LAMERS

• MrTomFTW Moderator 4 Jul 2013 18:39:34 37,374 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Leave Olivia Wilde aloooooooooooooone!

• Ka-blamo 4 Jul 2013 19:04:51 7,292 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think old old sports stars we hold up as greats weren't actually that great.

I think Pele, the busby babes etc wouldn't make any Prem side now, old golfers too, Ben hogan, sam snead, Jack Nicklaus etc I think would get destroyed by even the average professional if they were around now.

Edited by Ka-blamo at 19:05:06 04-07-2013
  • BillMurray 4 Jul 2013 19:08:41 7,622 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    I've pretty much stopped reading gaming threads altogether now becauce of this. Its a bit tiresome now.
  • Deckard1 4 Jul 2013 19:14:55 27,220 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The world always turns ecosse when new consoles come out. Things will return to normal in 3 or 4 years.
  • thedaveeyres 4 Jul 2013 19:16:58 10,692 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ka-blamo wrote:

I think Pele, the busby babes etc wouldn't make any Prem side now, old golfers too, Ben hogan, sam snead, Jack Nicklaus etc I think would get destroyed by even the average professional if they were around now.
    I think you're right about footballers, wrong about golfers.

Football = fitness, golf = equipment. Ever tried playing with clubs from even the 80s?

Bobby Jones with modern clubs would tear modern golfers a new arsehole.

Edited by thedaveeyres at 19:18:58 04-07-2013

D****** ******r

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• skuzzbag 4 Jul 2013 22:40:26 5,636 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ka-blamo wrote:

Well done for discovering what everyone else already knew years ago (and I mean a fuck long time, we're talking hundreds of years) already.

This is the kind of stuff they say about 50 times a day on 5-live. They've said it about 200 times during Wimbledon this year alone.

I never get tired of hearing people point it out as it shows a real deep understanding of sport and how humans evolve, and other stuff like that.
  • graysonavich 4 Jul 2013 22:42:34 7,309 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C._B._Fry

Just some light reading for you.
  • Ka-blamo 4 Jul 2013 22:43:42 7,292 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    skuzzbag wrote:
    Ka-blamo wrote:

Well done for discovering what everyone else already knew years ago (and I mean a fuck long time, we're talking hundreds of years) already.

This is the kind of stuff they say about 50 times a day on 5-live. They've said it about 200 times during Wimbledon this year alone.

I never get tired of hearing people point it out as it shows a real deep understanding of sport and how humans evolve, and other stuff like that.
  • sirtacos 5 Jul 2013 12:16:45 7,268 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    I think the solution is whenever someone gets overly angry about anything on the Internet, just pretend it's Olivia Wilde. Then it'll seem that bit better.

edit: That's an animated gif that doesn't seem to want to animate on this page for some reason :(
    Can't.stop.staring.
  • morriss 13 Jul 2013 10:33:17 70,911 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I didn't know who Ryan Davis was and have never listened to Giant Bomb. I saw a video thing they did and thought it was American and awful.
  • Deleted user 13 July 2013 10:37:43
    Same here. Never read/watched anything on GiantBomb and even if I had I doubt I would know who he was by name. Which is the reason I'm just staying out of that thread.
  • cubbymoore 13 Jul 2013 10:40:35 36,468 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    You monsters.
  • morriss 13 Jul 2013 10:41:55 70,911 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago

Edited by morriss at 10:42:40 13-07-2013
  • Page

of 88 First / Last