Tropico 3 Page 4

• Page

of 4 First / Last

Next
  • Lexx87 21 Nov 2010 11:10:51 20,863 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Excited to give this a go wanted it for ages and for 3.75 would have been rude to say no. If I don't feel like dancing along to the soundtrack I'm going to be bitterly disappointed.

Speak the truth hussy!

• faux-C 22 May 2011 19:10:52 9,640 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    This game is so odd...

I was just the victim of a coup, 1 rebel vs 10 of my soldiers, and the rebel won. hmmm.
  • JoeBlade 22 May 2011 19:15:51 2,649 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    faux_carnation wrote:
    This game is so odd...

I was just the victim of a coup, 1 rebel vs 10 of my soldiers, and the rebel won. hmmm.
    Must've been the Chuck Norris of the Carribean :p
  • Deleted user 20 June 2011 19:44:02
    when you're told there are rebels how do you find out who they are? i cannot seem to locate that information, only a number telling me how many rebels there are.

similarly, i get told some citizens protest peacefully in the street but i never seem to see them so i cannot address the issue directly.
  • Whizzo 20 Jun 2011 19:49:33 43,359 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Click on the message that someone is protesting, it'll move the view to them and then you can dispatch yourself, well your avatar, to try and calm them down, more often than not you can stop them from turning into a rebel if you get there quickly.

This space left intentionally blank.

• Deleted user 23 June 2011 15:23:26
    thanks, i calmed down a few protests now and won the election easy, no speech and no cheating. seems every is quite happy apart from the intellectuals and the religious, but they only make up a small number of the population.

i understand now that rebels are supposed to be hard to locate and identify. essentially they turn wild, disappear into the jungle and plan their attack. the idea is that prevention is better than cure!

however, i am finding it difficult to understand how soldiers work. i have increased wages and have 4 soldiers working my palace. since then i built an armory, which has 2 of a possible 3 soldiers there. i also placed a guard tower. but i fail to see the link between the different buildings - so i've not bothered with the more expensive army base yet.

will all these soldiers help to fight rebels and invaders?
  • glaeken 23 Jun 2011 15:48:28 11,266 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Soldiers are high school educated so do you have your high school up and running? You won't get many soldiers if you have no facility to produce high school educated workers. Once you have a high school churning out the correctly educated people then just make sure to set the wage for soldiers to be above the wage for other high school requirements jobs.

When you do get lots of soldiers the next major thing to look out for is a coup and by far the best way to placate the demands of the army is to make sure there is plenty of good accommodation. If you have lots of soldiers and see lots of shanties being built you are heading for trouble.
  • Deleted user 23 June 2011 16:28:47
    thanks, i have found the answers online - although some faqs and guides i've read have given incorrect information.

the palace can have a maximum of 4 soldiers - i attracted high-school educated immigrant soldiers through high wages but as pointed out above, you can educate your own citizens.

finally, to place guard towers (which hold a maximum of 3 soldiers) you will need either an army base or armory first - both of which require at least 1 college educated general to operate.

each general (either at an army base or armory) will enable you to build 1 guard tower, each tower allowing a maximum of 3 soldiers.

all makes sense to me now! thanks for the assistance. it seems many of the queries and questions found in this game can be figured out through playing with common sense!
  • glaeken 23 Jun 2011 16:55:21 11,266 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Getting at least a school and a high school is the minimum you really need for success in this as I found you just won't get enough immigrants to fill the high school roles. If you put the wage really high on a particular job type to try and encourage immigrants then you get people unsatisfied due to income disparity. A high school pays for itself anyway as you will find the factories that help produce more expensive products and so increase your export income need high school educated workers as well.

It is worth recruiting abroad for your general though to be able to build an armoury and get it operational as if you wait until you can afford your own college its really a bit late to start building your army. Doctors also should be recruited from abroad early in the game.

• the_dudefather 6 Jul 2011 22:31:43 9,418 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Played Tropico 3 for about 7 hours (according to steam), but have finally finished the first mission!

Sure I had to assassinate a pregnant woman in order to win an election (that was pretty close in the end), but I made it in the end!

Think my problem was getting sidetracked rather than doing the actual objective, and also I'm pretty bad at this game, but really enjoying it

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• Razz 25 Feb 2013 14:56:41 61,656 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Playing Tropico 4, anyone know what I'm supposed to do when a citizen becomes a criminal? Am I supposed to manually arrest them? Or do I rely on my policiza? :D I reckon it's the former but I have no idea where to find out who became a criminal.

It's the one thing I hate about this game, there are a lot of things are not clear which makes it very hard to keep my citizens fed, housed or even generate profits. The almanac is woefully ill equipped and the tutorial really only teaches you the absolute basics. :/

Still, I'm having fun and gradually learning the game through experience. :)

I guess myu frustrations are becasue I grew up on endless hours of Ceaser 3, Pharaoh, Empire ROtMK, simcity and Civ, all of which gave you loads of stats and data to work out what was going on and what is needed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• Razz 25 Feb 2013 15:53:31 61,656 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    No one? Fair enough really, I'm kind of late to the Tropico party. I found my an swer on the internets, the criminals are under the resident - Jobs section of the almanac. You can choose to arrest them or leave tghem be as their family will lose respect for you.

• Cosquae 25 Feb 2013 16:21:57 1,243 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Criminals on Tropico 4?

Yeah, you can arrest them (if you have a jail cell) which is what I tend to do if they have no family.

Other options include assassination or 'accident' if you have the secret police which won't lose you respect.

As to how to find out who is a criminal, it's listed under 'employment'. You should find a (hopefully short) list of faces who are criminal scum.

I went through the same issues at the start, but once you get it, it's a cute game with charm though not incredibly deep as such. Certainly not compared to those games you listed.

Rebels are different to criminals however, be warned El 'Razz' Presidente.
  • Razz 28 Feb 2013 13:48:02 61,656 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Cosquae Cheers! I stuck with it and you're right, it just clicks. I've given up on Construction workers now, I just quick build everything once I'm making money from exports and tourism. My last game, mission 5, my balance was 1.6 million by the end. I'm enjoying it, but you're also right in saying that it lacks the depth of the Impression Software series and Simcity. But the humour more than makes up for it. ^_^

• Page

of 4 First / Last

Next