Minecraft Page 121

• Page

of 124 First / Last

• Tryhard 1 Aug 2012 16:56:24 3,664 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    So 20 minutes into a new map to celebrate 1.31 I find my first Emerald 18 blocks above bedrock under my very house.And five minutes later another two pop up.

Fresh out of the rock

Have been having fun expanding a village on original 1.25 world.

Bogsville
  • Tryhard 2 Aug 2012 15:45:17 3,664 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The crazy world of "gold rush" with large biomes.

pic 1

pic 2
  • magicpanda 6 Aug 2012 11:19:48 13,262 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Minez is an interesting experiment. There is a list of servers on the right. No mods required.

Basically copies the essence of Dayz in minecraft form.

By the way. Does anyone have a copy of the EG server world that had Yorkminster Catherdral?
  • DFawkes 6 Aug 2012 13:01:41 22,588 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I visited that not all that long ago. Blerk stuck it on dropbox here, and there was a server running it on my list but, due to some problems, I had to blitz my Minecraft folder so lost the IP.

I'll certainly look into this MineZ, sounds interesting :)

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• magicpanda 9 Aug 2012 22:20:08 13,262 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    New snaphot out that adds some new stuff.

Zombies infect villagers, baby zombies. Mobs have armour. Some weird Pyramid sky beacon thing.

I've been messing around with a shader mod that does unbelievable things as well as cooking your PC.

Edited by magicpanda at 22:28:34 09-08-2012
  • DFawkes 9 Aug 2012 23:41:51 22,588 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I tried MineZ, some bastard killed me as I was kindly donating supplies to a communal chest. Second time I've found a great little secret room though, and now have a special sword and a normal bow :)

I can see the attraction, but given how hard I find Arma 2, I don't think I'd want to play DayZ now unless there was ever a carebear non-PvP server (unlikely given suspicion of strangers is half the fun).

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• magicpanda 10 Aug 2012 10:47:45 13,262 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    New snapshot full details.
  • LeoliansBro 10 Aug 2012 11:13:24 43,227 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    magicpanda wrote:
    New snaphot out that adds some new stuff.

Zombies infect villagers, baby zombies. Mobs have armour. Some weird Pyramid sky beacon thing.

I've been messing around with a shader mod that does unbelievable things as well as cooking your PC.

That's beautiful.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Ged42 12 Aug 2012 14:19:44 7,700 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just noticed Optifine has been updated.

/turns up all the settings.

Edited by Ged42 at 14:20:05 12-08-2012
  • ecureuil 12 Aug 2012 14:29:55 76,488 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So is InfinitiesLoop's Control Pack, which is a mod I really can't live without.
  • ecureuil 15 Aug 2012 16:28:22 76,488 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dinnerbone added a new feature. Hell yes. :)
  • magicpanda 15 Aug 2012 16:34:29 13,262 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Nice, maps on the wall is a very nice touch.
  • ecureuil 21 Aug 2012 02:28:46 76,488 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This is a pretty stunning render.
  • AgeOfChaos 21 Aug 2012 03:47:37 255 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just downloaded this game for the first time, its bloody addictive so far! Still getting my head round it, so i've stuck it on peaceful mode for now.

How deep are those caverns! Got lost in one last night and had to dig my way out.
  • Tryhard 21 Aug 2012 10:30:48 3,664 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The caverns are huge in Large Biomes Extreme hills,especially if they have a ravine and a mine shaft tacked on.Could spend days down there exploring.
    I use redstone on the floor as markers for way back.

Overhead of Bogsville village

That pic I was standing on a gravel tower.Jumped off and overshot the water below.Survived.Got shot by a skeleton.Killed him.Only to be blown up by a Creeper.Ran back out with nothing on to collect all my fallen diamond equipment.Got blown up by another Creeper.

gold rush seed is funky
  • onestepfromlost 21 Aug 2012 16:01:46 2,039 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    havnt played this on the pc for a while and i normally play unmodded but i though i might want to install a mod or two. I dont want to alter tha gameplay much probably just improved graphics. maybe add a few bits and bobs. any suggestions?
  • Varkon 21 Aug 2012 17:04:57 21 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    onestepfromlost wrote:
    havnt played this on the pc for a while and i normally play unmodded but i though i might want to install a mod or two. I dont want to alter tha gameplay much probably just improved graphics. maybe add a few bits and bobs. any suggestions?
    You really cant go wrong with PureBDCraft for textures, it gives a nice comic/cell shaded look that matches the world nicely. Vanilla MC looks awful when you switch back. Get Tekkit/Technic if you want to massively expand the game too.
  • ecureuil 21 Aug 2012 19:52:01 76,488 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I use Rei's minimap, What's My Light Level, 3D Items, Control Pack (by InfinitiesLoop), OptiFine and Inventory Tweaks.

Mostly things that subtly improve the gameplay experience of the vanilla game (and can be used on SMP servers), but all useful in their own way. If you join the Minecraft group there's a thread about mods.

I suggest you use Magic Launcher if you're not already.

Edited by ecureuil at 19:53:42 21-08-2012
  • ecureuil 21 Aug 2012 20:07:36 76,488 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    1.3.2 is out now.
  • ecureuil 24 Aug 2012 03:53:57 76,488 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    New Boss.

Edited by ecureuil at 03:54:56 24-08-2012
  • Ged42 24 Aug 2012 09:10:44 7,700 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Look a three headed mon... weird giant twisted abomination.

/stockpiles arrows
  • Tryhard 24 Aug 2012 10:21:24 3,664 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I came across the scary
    Cane Creeper at night, threw some torches down to take a pic and prove it to the world.

Emerald Pyramid coming on slowly atop chicken house.

Edited by Tryhard at 10:23:22 24-08-2012
  • ecureuil 24 Aug 2012 13:46:52 76,488 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Are you going to put a beacon block on top of that? :)
  • Tryhard 24 Aug 2012 15:40:01 3,664 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Awww yeah.
  • ecureuil 25 Aug 2012 13:35:53 76,488 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lots more info on the new boss enemy.

Also, mob grinders (that use spawners) are being nerfed so they give less and less XP if you use one too much. There's been a pretty negative backlash from the community over this so there's still a chance it won't be fully implemented.
  • Nathor 30 Aug 2012 17:54:30 1 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    http://warsoul.net/forums/index.php?board=3.0

Our recreation of Equestria is based on 'fannon' (fan ideas) by pegasisters and bronies from the popular 2010 TV show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. If you would like to be part of this project, we are always looking for new folks to join in and create a house in any of our numerous towns throughout Equestria. Some of our projects include a Village of Fluffy ponies and an Inferno Tricorn Encampment

We Offer a Variety of Different Factions & PvP Worlds. From custom End terrain to terraformed landmarks, our server will offer a truly unique PvP experience. Unique inventories on a per-world basis relieve the hassle of risking hard work of gathering and building that comes with our basic Survival Worlds.

To alleviate players from the routine tasks of gathering materials the conventional way, we set up fun and enjoyable mini games such as a Spleef and Mob Arena. Through these unique games, players are allowed to either team up or work against one another to unlock rare and unusual items, and perhaps some bits on the side.

Supernatural Players allows players to do all sorts of crazy things that alter the experience in both the Survival and PvP. From Demons to Angels, Vampires to Werewolves, Enderborn to Ghoul, WarSoul has you covered. With these dynamic classes, you may find your gameplay change in quite the surprising manor. Do you have what it takes to unlock these different classes and colonize your empire?

Custom terrain sculpted with World Painter and Voxel Sniper add a unique experience, and many great and strategic places to build that house of yours, weather it's built to keep out creepers or enemy players, WarSoul hopes to give players one of a kind worlds to call home.

Sonic the Hedgehog fans, Listen up! This server will be a unique experience for you! With Doctor Eggman constantly fighting for control of Equestria, and entire recreations from Sonic 1, 2, and 3, (With More on the way) players can try their hand at a unique parkour and boss battle experience only found here on WarSoul!
    Apply For Membership Here.

Back when my friends and I started this server, we were tired of having to struggle with problems such as paying for chest protection, admin abuse, unfair PvP, requiring donations for world guard, and towny taxation. We decided to make the change.

Now it's your turn to experience WarSoul

A Community that does not discriminate based on beliefs.

A Server that provides structure for every type of player interest.

A server that unites admins and players.

Our Goal Is To Provide a Fun Escape
    To allow you to be who you want to be.
    To avoid forcing donations.

For a Basic Overview of the Server we:
    Provide a Broad Range of Play Styles (Factions/Creative/PvP/Challenge Courses)
    Do not discriminate over beliefs, we love and tolerate!
    Are friendly towards bronies, furries, and other fandoms
    Do not require ANY money from anyone for privellages
    Give everyone equal chance to rank up
    provide rights to change titles/nicknames for Roleplay
    Help players elaborate on their ideas (I.E. Building Eggman Empire)
    Have a "Report Abuse" forum and a Player Connect board
    Encourage Admin to Player Connection and Teamwork
    Engineer custom terrain and setup dragon flights between land masses.
    Setup Minecraft Physics to Immitate that of the Portal Franchise
    Have cleared the sky of clouds in 10 seconds flat!
    Gotten our power level over 9000!
    Apply For Membership Here.
    http://warsoul.net/forums/index.php?board=3.0

Edited by Nathor at 17:58:24 30-08-2012

Edited by Nathor at 18:10:57 30-08-2012
  • Metalfish 30 Aug 2012 18:38:25 8,786 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ah bronies. Because just when you thought you were beginning to get your head around the internet....
  • spindizzy 30 Aug 2012 19:15:56 6,427 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    What... What?
  • hypoBla5t 30 Aug 2012 19:18:59 1,359 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    That's two threads in a row where I've seen a post I just don't understand at all.
  • Page

of 124 First / Last