The Walking Dead - TV series (US pace) Page 71

• Page

of 104 First / Last

• Tonka 25 Feb 2013 08:06:05 20,398 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Gambit1977 True. But until last episode I didn't hate the Governor that much tbh. (Now I want him thrown in a Zombie pit). Merle (as you say) is too cool to really hate though.

The only problem with him is how to keep him on or kill him off. I'm leaning towards keep him on.

Andrea is pure "Oh for fucks sake kill her" with a big risk of her becoming part of the gang again.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Gambit1977 25 Feb 2013 08:09:00 9,636 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    :lol::lol: very true!
    I'm sure the writers intention is for the audience to be involved and want her back...which obviously, isn't the case.
  • Mola_Ram 25 Feb 2013 08:09:08 7,382 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I wouldn't mind if she just became mayor of Woodbury and we never saw her again. That would be acceptable.
  • Tonka 25 Feb 2013 09:03:33 20,398 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    +1

• Mola_Ram 25 Feb 2013 11:12:42 7,382 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I like that T-dog got name-dropped. It's obvious that none of the characters cared about him.

But I care. He was our silent protector.
  • Scurrminator 25 Feb 2013 13:49:56 8,411 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What is it with Hershell's kids and breaking into song!?
    Hilariously fucking cheesy.

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• GuiltySpark 25 Feb 2013 14:48:04 6,383 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Whoever said that they loved that the show made you warm up to Oscar(?) and then him dying, then this must be the only show you ever watch if you didn't see that something major was going to happen to him.

Anything that happens in this show, character wise, nearly always, always serves the plot in the most hamfisted way possible.

Oscar was either going to kill Carol, or be killed himself. Finally giving him some scenes and then killing him off is awful, predictable shittery.

And also, if anyone thought Andrea was actually going to kill the Governor at the end then they need their heads checking. Why do they insist on scenes like that when there is literally no doubt whatsoever that she wouldn't do it.

I'm watching Breaking Bad again at the moment, maybe this is my problem. Things in The Walking Dead happen too quickly, with barely any foreshadowing, it's like every episode has a different writer AND NONE OF THEM SPEAK TO EACH OTHER.

Also, Merle actually being fucking literate and having read the bible MEANS NOTHING. Once again, it's a massively hamfisted way of wanting the audience to go "Wow, there's definitely a side to Merle here that we haven't seen previously!"

It's not a bad show by any means but goddamn get some better fucking writers and stay away from the awful cliches and the apparent assumption that your audience is thick and has only ever seen NCIS and Corrie before.

Get bent.

• Mola_Ram 26 Feb 2013 00:43:01 7,382 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Are you talking about Oscar or Axel? Oscar was the black T-dog replacement, who died shortly before Tyreese was introduced.

I'd be looking over my shoulder if I was the black dude in Woodsbury. There's only room for one.
  • Tonka 26 Feb 2013 06:44:43 20,398 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Andrea and killing the governor was a lame side track they should have skipped. Or better still. They should have gone with it. Other than that I enjoyed this episode.

I for one is a bit uncertain about what will happen with the group that ended up in Woodbury.

How many episodes left? Is the next one the last one?

• Mola_Ram 26 Feb 2013 08:02:09 7,382 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I think there's like 4 or 5. So having a "will she or won't she kill the Governor?" cliffhanger is even more ridiculous.
  • AcidSnake 26 Feb 2013 08:44:44 7,267 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Merle's bible knowledge is interesting as I really don't think he went to the library in Woodbury and definitely not to the point he memorises passages...
    It's probably something to do with their childhood and being beaten and such...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• Scurrminator 26 Feb 2013 08:51:08 8,411 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nah. It was a fucking awful attempt at making him seem more than a redneck jerk.
    How many times would you have to read the bible to be able to quote it like that!? Or understand the quotes!?
    Bad writing.

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Tonka 26 Feb 2013 11:24:28 20,398 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Bible bashers are pretty big in the Souf though aren't they? It was definitely a way to show that he wasn't all out retarded. But the fact that he could quote the bible doesn't make him good or that unique in the context of redneck stereotypes.

I loved how the "just like the gestapo" bit played out too. Nice touch.

And there's more to Merle than "he used to be bad and now he's mr goody twos hoes". Started in the previous episode with the beating and Carols take on him. Continued this episode with Bible quoting (not Rosseau though which I think is important) and more of Carols take.

Still, a bit late to try and turn him into anything but a pure meanie. They should have had him show something other than blind obedience earlier in the season.

• TOOTR 26 Feb 2013 18:43:48 9,556 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Tonka wrote:

Andrea is pure "Oh for fucks sake kill her" with a big risk of her becoming part of the gang again.
    This. Awful writing and awful acting. Lori was preferable to this constant reminder of mediocrity.

Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

• stryker1121 26 Feb 2013 18:56:24 691 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The Woodbury/Gov/Andrea plot has been ruining the show, I'm sad to say. Andrea's motivations are muddy and the Gov is not a strong enough character, either. I didn't care that Andrea didn't knife the Gov, although it felt like the show was trying to push that as a "moment" for Andrea's character.

TWD would have been better off turning Andrea completely. Have her fall in line w/ Gov as his 2nd lieutenant and they go after the prison crew together.
  • The-Bodybuilder 27 Feb 2013 16:15:13 14,193 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Well, you found it believable and the acting convincing, and I didn't. Not much more can really be said!
    The point wasn't if the acting is believable or jot, but simply explaining why both Maggie AMD Glenn's "sudden" change of character isn't unusual, as you deemed it was.
  • oceanmotion 27 Feb 2013 17:18:36 15,917 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    All they needed for Andrea was explain she wants to save the people who don't know any better at the town rather than I wuv him or whatever it is with the Gov. I hope that scientist guy gets killed promptly as well.

Edited by oceanmotion at 17:20:16 27-02-2013
  • GuiltySpark 27 Feb 2013 18:20:29 6,383 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I don't know if anyone actually read my massive post but Andrea and the Governor and Merle and the bible thingy I already mentioned!

They were both retarded.

Get bent.

• GuiltySpark 27 Feb 2013 18:21:50 6,383 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Are you talking about Oscar or Axel? Oscar was the black T-dog replacement, who died shortly before Tyreese was introduced.

I'd be looking over my shoulder if I was the black dude in Woodsbury. There's only room for one.
    Sorry, the redneck dude. I wasn't overly sure, Oscar was the only name that stuck out to me.

Get bent.

• localnotail 27 Feb 2013 23:23:59 23,093 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Andrea walks everywhere tit first, it's really annoying. She is really annoying. I hate that "they" took one of my favourite characters and made me want her dead.
    Oh well. Hopefully she'll psycho out at some point, or die horribly. Either would work.

Rick really needs a nap. He is so far from frosty that you could fry bacon on him. Frazzled.

We had better not lose Tyrese. My righteous comic book geek anger will be unbridled and whiney.

Edited by localnotail at 08:28:12 28-02-2013

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• mumtoucher 27 Feb 2013 23:55:18 284 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Why are they fucking this up so bad, it's just incredible....
  • Iain815 28 Feb 2013 00:03:45 412 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm thinking of giving up after this season. I just don't care about the characters, and the ones I sort of cared about have become unbearable. I think Carol is the only one I particularly like now, which shows how bad its gotten.

The whole Rick going crazy thing just ended with no resolve - seems it was purely just to waste time. Anytime some of the less interesting characters talk I find myself zoning out and when they start give some people a bit of life they kill them off. Plus the prison is just a miserable set.

Ughh.
  • Tonka 28 Feb 2013 06:29:25 20,398 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Iain815 wrote:
    when they start give some people a bit of life they kill them off.
    This is really annoying. They don't trust the audience to be able to keep track of a large cast or something. The only thing I'm struggling with is to keep track of their names but I know the characters and their stories just fine.

• Tonka 28 Feb 2013 06:30:38 20,398 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    localnotail wrote:
    Andrea walks everywhere tit first, it's really annoying.
    If this mean what I think it does then I agree. Is it the way her wrists are always slightly turned out and shoulders pushed back?

Or is it some english saying that has nothing to do with actual tits?

• localnotail 28 Feb 2013 08:24:06 23,093 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    No, it means exactly what you think :D

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• Zizoo 28 Feb 2013 08:36:22 8,373 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    This show is turning to shit.
  • Ultrasoundwave 28 Feb 2013 08:40:50 3,299 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    Whoever said that they loved that the show made you warm up to Oscar(?) and then him dying, then this must be the only show you ever watch if you didn't see that something major was going to happen to him.
    So i wasnt the only one who found it funny that, with so many people to aim at, the Governor decided to pop the guy who is only on a 'guest starring' credit......

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• steveb07 3 Mar 2013 13:53:41 855 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    My sky box died on me last week, again. So I'm missing episode 10 can't find it legally online. Will I just have to wait until the end of this season for the reruns?

PSN: IIIQuid

• Mola_Ram 4 Mar 2013 05:57:50 7,382 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Dear Andrea,

I would like to thank you for not having any scenes in this episode. Without you, it was easily one of the best episodes this show has had in ages. I think it no coincidence that an episode in which Michionne wasn't doing that glower of hers and Rick wasn't freaking out over seeing dead people, and in which characters seemed to be just less annoying in general, was an episode that you were not in. The show is better for having not had you, and I hope you will see the wisdom in continuing to grace it with your non-presence.

Please don't come back.

x
  • GuiltySpark 4 Mar 2013 07:33:51 6,383 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    She won't read that, she's too busy being a cunt.

Get bent.

• Page

of 104 First / Last