Advice on mobile plans!

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • squirrel.kisses 10 Aug 2009 23:44:56 274 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hi everyone!

I'm leaving for university in a few weeks and my shit mobile service provider will only let me make calls outdoors in 5% of the area (no joke) and in the other 95%, consider me roaming. Basically, I have no reception and loose free mobile to mobile, free weekends, as well as have slapped on extra charges for being outside the network area.

I'm thinking about going to a Pay As You Go plan.

The one I'm looking at has good coverage and everything is 10 cents (per minute anytime, per incoming and outgoing texts, etc.)

I only use my cell phone to text and spend no more than about 20 min on the phone each month. That might change once I get to uni but, what do you guys think? Is it worth it if I don't frequent my phone much?

I'm in the US, so not sure how much help I anyone can be.
  • heyyo 10 Aug 2009 23:49:43 14,374 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wait until you get to uni, give it a month or so and see if you're using more mins/text and also see fully what the reception is like and then decide.
  • squirrel.kisses 11 Aug 2009 00:09:58 274 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    heyyo! wrote:
    Wait until you get to uni, give it a month or so and see if you're using more mins/text and also see fully what the reception is like and then decide.

Thing is, I'll have a one month bill going over $150 & horrible reception (have visited the area before). My cell phone is my only communication aside from my laptop. I do need one to work :p
  • heyyo 11 Aug 2009 00:23:12 14,374 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hmm, change to the PAYG plan for the better reception then. $150 is what? 130 thats expensive! You'll unlikely to use way more than what you're currently using especially if you live on campus as you can just go and knock for someone etc everyone is in close proximity, but you'll be calling home a lot - anyway get PAYG for the better reception...
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next