News of the World hacking case Page 5

• Page

of 102 First / Last

• FWB 6 Jul 2011 01:09:33 41,980 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Nothing is going to completely unravel. It'll be the same as every single corruption story. As Brem says, a few will be convinced to take one for the team, so the rest of the cunts can continue doing what they're doing. Same old shit.
  • Jazzy_Geoff 6 Jul 2011 01:20:20 7,767 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    we'll see. There is going to be public apoplexy tomorrow and there are plenty who have a vested interest in feeding the fire. Don't get me wrong, Murdoch and his empire will remain untouched, but at the very least he'll have to start backing off his snide anti-BBC agenda.
  • El_MUERkO 6 Jul 2011 01:42:26 16,836 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Jazzy_Geoff wrote:
    El_MUERkO wrote:
    it depends a lot on the MPs and what questions they ask, we've got some pretty big issues to cover, i'm thinking a lot of time will be spent "agreeing with the right honourable blahblah blah" before Brooks gets sacrificed at the alter of public outrage and everything returns to normal

You're kidding? This is going to be here for months. By all accounts this is the tip of the iceberg. The Guardian are sitting on a mountain of material and people are coming out and saying now that this has been going on for ever.

Coulsen has been hung out to dry by Murdoch, he won't take that well. Brookes will have to go as well and she certainly won't go quietly and she knows where the bodies are buried. The police have been implicated and the reluctance of the CPS to investigate this now looks very dodgy indeed. The 7/7 victim's families, the Soham victims, all were tapped and then there is the political angle. These people are Cameron bum-buddies. Brooks had dinner with the family Cameron at christmas, Coulsen ran his press and was hired after he was implicated.

This is going to be big and all the cunts are going to get it HARD, despite possibly one of the most reprehensible cover-ups in British history.

we hope, but with the amount of dirt that'll come out about the political parties and their leaders you can be damn sure MPs don't want all the facts to come to light any more than the rest of the dirty bastards
  • lucky_jim 6 Jul 2011 07:22:34 5,161 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The biggest scandal out of all of this imo is how willing the Metropolitan Police were, initially, to sweep this under the carpet to keep News International happy. It's quite clear that the organisation is a cancer on civil society in the UK.

It's quite funny how The Sun seems to think the biggest story of the day is some kind of "IVF Lotto" though. Er, everyone else is reporting a certain other story guys...
  • HiddenAway 6 Jul 2011 07:35:18 14,789 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    lucky_jim wrote:

The biggest scandal out of all of this imo is how willing the Metropolitan Police were, initially, to sweep this under the carpet to keep News International happy. It's quite clear that the organisation is a cancer on civil society in the UK.

It's quite funny how The Sun seems to think the biggest story of the day is some kind of "IVF Lotto" though. Er, everyone else is reporting a certain other story guys...

Well, The Sun is a News International paper...

(I think)

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• mcmonkeyplc 6 Jul 2011 07:40:28 38,899 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Remember people, we are not blame less in all this. People buy the shit rags because they print these stories in the first place.

Stop buying shit papers that lead with retarded celebrity tripe.

Come and get it cumslingers!

• Deleted user 6 July 2011 08:54:03
    They should do a diversionary tactic and release those pictures of Debbie McGee they've been saving for a rainy day.
  • Chopsen 6 Jul 2011 08:59:05 15,178 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ah, the smuggo defence, if I'm not mistaken.

Just cos there's a market for something doesn't excuse breaking the law.
  • Jazzy_Geoff 6 Jul 2011 09:01:51 7,767 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    meme wrote:
    They should do a diversionary tactic and release those pictures of Debbie McGee they've been saving for a rainy day.

Not sure if this is a random gag but I've heard some hilarious rumours off a bloke in fleet street concerning an infamous set of Debbie Mcgee pics

bow wow wow...
  • nickthegun 6 Jul 2011 09:07:29 55,866 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    YupYup knows all about Debbie McGee.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• rudedudejude 6 Jul 2011 09:17:22 2,101 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I don't buy rag shits.

I am sure News Corp will simply pick their fall guy and they'll get raped - it'll be either Mr. C or that bird, I very much doubt they will both go down for it.

• Chopsen 6 Jul 2011 09:28:05 15,178 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've always disliked Rebecca Wade. She represents the worst kind of person who works in the media - absolutely no responsibility or insight (or possibly an active disregard) for the real impact that their actions can have on people. She has been quite happy to exploit people's anxieties with campaigns such "Sarah's Law" and a sustained campaign to bring back hanging just in the interests of improving circulation numbers. Her attempts at back-peddling when the shit hit the fan in the former and when people started taking the latter seriously just shows how her incompetence compounds things further. Frankly if she was ripped to shreds by a rabid pack of enraged tabloid readers following this recent revelation, I could not think of a more fitting outcome.
  • Megapocalypse 6 Jul 2011 09:28:24 5,228 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    mal wrote:
    So, let me get this right - the issue of the NotW allegedly making illegal payments to the police is going to be investigated by...the police. And they need copies of the docs from the NotW to find out what payments were made. The fuck?
    You do realise that the Met police for example is made up of over 50,000 individual people. This will not be 'the police' as an organisation that sold the information, but a few corrupt individuals. The anti-corruption departments in the implicated forces will now be working overtime to identify those responsible.
  • senso-ji 6 Jul 2011 09:29:31 5,315 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    When the shit hits the fan News International have always come out smelling of roses. Being in bed with the incumbent government probably helps.
  • nickthegun 6 Jul 2011 09:32:28 55,866 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Chopsen wrote:
    I've always disliked Rebecca Wade. She represents the worst kind of person who works in the media

There were rumours, back in t'day, that she used to knock grant mitchell about when they were briefly married.

Obviously, no one really picked up on it as the news media are shit scared of her.

He totally called it

• Jazzy_Geoff 6 Jul 2011 09:36:18 7,767 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Chopsen wrote:
    I've always disliked Rebecca Wade. She represents the worst kind of person who works in the media

There were rumours, back in t'day, that she used to knock grant mitchell about when they were briefly married.

Obviously, no one really picked up on it as the news media are shit scared of her.

on the contrary it was a fairly large story IIRC
  • nickthegun 6 Jul 2011 09:37:13 55,866 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You dont rc

He totally called it

• Jazzy_Geoff 6 Jul 2011 09:42:05 7,767 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    google "rebekah wade arrested"
  • Chopsen 6 Jul 2011 09:44:19 15,178 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well he was beaten up (he had injuries to prove it), and there was nobody else around but Wade, but he declined to press charges, so the police dropped it. Given the fact his Hard Man image is so integral to how he markets himself, I can see why he would not want to be known as the "bloke off Eastenders who got beaten up by a woman."
  • Deleted user 6 July 2011 09:49:57
    The level of intelligence on display by some in this topic is an example as to why the tabloids make so much money.

Still I'm sure the met police is happy that every single person it employs worked on a massive conspiracy according to some of you muppets.....

The BBC is equally as bad and will - I guarantee - be part of this. As will every major organisation involved in news in this country.
  • disusedgenius 6 Jul 2011 09:52:48 5,142 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    No, it was picked up on at the time actually, was just more of a celebrity due to it involving Ross Kemp.
  • Jazzy_Geoff 6 Jul 2011 09:53:50 7,767 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You don't think the CPS have a case to answer? And I very much doubt that BBC do anything like this, they have completely different agenda and mandate to the tabloids.
  • Deleted user 6 July 2011 09:54:13
    Yeah I remember it being quite a big deal at the time.
  • Chopsen 6 Jul 2011 09:58:28 15,178 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    HappyHaunt wrote:
    The BBC is equally as bad and will - I guarantee - be part of this. As will every major organisation involved in news in this country.

It's been an open secret in the industry for ages who's been doing this, and more widely know to the public which newspapers have been involved for years now. I first read about this a few years ago in Nick Davies' book which is probably a good 2 years ago now.

It very much is restricted to certain tabloids, which is why the Guardian is so happy to get on its high horse about it.
  • X201 6 Jul 2011 09:59:33 14,698 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    News International is already in self-defence mode.

The police tip-off emails and the Andy Coulson emails are just News International throwing some shit in another direction to distract people from looking at its own festering dung heap regarding the Dowler/Soham/Tube bomb hacking.
  • Dolly 6 Jul 2011 10:00:17 3,163 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    As long as it doesn't affect Strictly Come Dancing coming back, people will carry on.
  • Dirtbox 6 Jul 2011 10:05:28 76,340 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14040841

Now includes payments to the police apparently.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• glaeken 6 Jul 2011 10:08:52 10,977 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The way this story is expanding I am just waiting for them to announce Shergar's phone was hacked.
  • Page

of 102 First / Last