Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Page 20

• Page

of 22 First / Last

• Scurrminator 8 Mar 2013 14:46:32 8,437 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This is too hard for me.
    I'm just not getting 'it'.
    I know what is required for the parry but it all just seems so flimsy to me.
    I'm just getting swamped and battered and the camera is pissing me off :-(
    I want to love it as I like the look and style but it's just annoying me. And I can't even drop down to easy.

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• L_Franko Moderator 8 Mar 2013 15:00:38 9,694 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Shame you're not getting on with it. Out of interest how far are you in so far?

I wasn't overly sure about it until I got the parry down on one of the earlier boss fights, everything started to fall nito place after that for me.
  • Scurrminator 8 Mar 2013 19:29:49 8,437 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm on mission 03 I think. I'm pushing on as I want to see everything and the package is great. Just not enjoying the core mechanic unfortunately!

• gammonbanter 11 Mar 2013 00:04:15 1,509 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Took me a while to get the parry, keep going, it will click into place. Question, I've just finished r04 how how is it that Raiden can talk to bosses after he's chopped them up into tiny pieces?
  • Phattso Moderator 11 Mar 2013 03:20:05 13,555 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm shit at this game. I've always been shit at these games. But I still had a grin plastered over my face for the entire first mission. Amazing stuff.

I'll just whack it down to EASY and then be a content tourist I think. DON'T JUDGE ME!
  • Scurrminator 11 Mar 2013 08:41:05 8,437 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I was guessing that Raiden can talk to the foes as it's the kind of AI/nanomachines inside them doing the talking.

Finished this last night AFTER 2 FUCKING HOURS ON THE BOSS. I was up until 2am - cheap shit twat.
    Had no regen packs so was getting walloped. Finally figured out how to get health packs from the zandatsu debris and it was easy after that.

Did anyone else think that the kid, George, is contender for most annoying cunt game character ever? The fact that the ending cutscene was him and Sunny chatting pissed me off - two hour boss fight for that!?

I was also questioning the game length criticism as the first half of the game is quite meaty and then level 5 is 5 minutes long and just the same street from the previous level, level 6 is a boss fight and level 7 is pretty much a multiple stage boss fight. The bosses were annoyingly hard though so guess that dragged it out!

6/10 for the spectacle. I wanted to love it but I just didn't gel with the parry system. Analogue stick + X was a bad choice as analogue input is a bit flaky.

• gammonbanter 19 Mar 2013 21:04:14 1,509 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Finally finished (shitty boss fight), erm, very nice and everything, I just don't like Raiden at all - but Metal Gear is always worth it! Need Snake back more than ever now though.
  • Deleted user 20 March 2013 16:54:29
    Im finding this really ducking hard. Bayonetta and Vanquish were pretty damn easy compared to this. Any tips?
  • L_Franko Moderator 20 Mar 2013 16:56:08 9,694 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Perfect the blocking. Once you have that down the whole game falls into place.
  • King_Edward 20 Mar 2013 17:01:13 11,454 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    How far in are you? Unlock Defensive Offensive as soon as possible (use X+square/A+X to do it).  Master the parry. The red X is a warning that an attack is coming, not an instruction to parry right now.
  • Deleted user 20 March 2013 17:27:39
    I'm pretty much at the start. Keep getting swamped by those bipedal robot things. Will focus on blocking more. Miss just being able to spam the dodge button ala bayonetta.
  • King_Edward 20 Mar 2013 18:30:22 11,454 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    What difficulty are you on? If you're really struggling I'd advice turning down now. 2 of the latter bosses can be described as colossal ubercunts, and there's no way to turn it down.
  • Deleted user 20 March 2013 19:14:27
    I can't bring myself to switch to easy.
  • Scurrminator 20 Mar 2013 19:25:33 8,437 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If you're getting frustrated now I would. On easy you just tap x to block rather than x and stick in direction. I wish I ad and I always play games on hard.

• gammonbanter 20 Mar 2013 23:28:53 1,509 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I was kinda glad when QTEs popped up as it was like "yes!! I can actually do this with out fucking up my parry".
  • Deleted user 2 April 2013 14:13:42
    Just watching the credits roll, superb game. Daft but entertaining story, great - satisfying - gameplay and it all looked lovely. Struggled at the very start as I didn't know how to block. Game was a piece of piss after I figured that out though (glad I stayed on normal). Didn't struggle on the final boss at all though apart from not knowing what to do when he started regaining health. . Fight went on for ever until I figured out what to do. Only about 5 hours in total which is a perfect length for a game like this imo.
  • pacrifice 3 Apr 2013 17:28:22 1,091 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's a really good game, well polished, great to control, very fun and I wish they'd add a boss fight mode or even a bloody palace.

I know towards the end, there's a stage where you re-fight the bosses but I'm sure those bosses were toned down as to when you first encounter them.

They ethered Ninja Theory though.
  • Tuffty 11 Apr 2013 15:02:20 1,655 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Anyone played the Sam DLC yet? Only played a bit and is it just me or is it harder than normal? I'm fighting Blade Wolf and it just doesn't seem to stop attacking and hits harder than normal.
  • bobdebob 2 May 2013 13:57:37 589 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I don't understand how Eurogamer gave this 9/10 with huge flaws.

The camera is a piece of shit, it will spaz out, get stuck in a corner, won't show airbourne enemies clearly etc. even with one enemy. This in turn screws your parry which should have been a button and also screw the offensive dodge.

At least the plot is straightforward for an MGS game and the dialouge starts to approach human-like,though has still has that annoying anime-tinge to it (and then there's George). (Got a new appreciation for DmC's dialouge from this.)

It's a 7/10 game at most.

Also New Game erases all of your unlocks and V. Hard starts off with a gorilla bot, make sure you choose from chapter select. Is the Jetstream Sam DLC worth getting? I hear it's just a rehash of the same enemies.
  • Tuffty 2 May 2013 15:57:15 1,655 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Camera does kick you up the arse at times when it comes to getting stuck or losing track of airborne enemies and can be especially frustrating on the higher difficulties.

However, the camera is a something I can live with and is one flaw against an otherwise brilliant game. Blade mode is great. The combat's fast, frantic and challenging. The bosses are the highlights. The soundtrack is amazing. There's lots of unlocks and reasons to get back into playing on higher difficulties. I think it's a deserved 9/10 considering how much I enjoyed it.

The Sam DLC is worth if if, like me, you want to play as a new character. Leaving out the reused areas, it's worth playing as Sam and learning the nuances of a different character. But I do think it is for those who are really into the game (speaking as someone who got gold medals on all the VR missions)
  • JoeGBallad 2 May 2013 16:10:42 386 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Tuffty You got golds in all the VR missions?! Even the shite one where you have to use grenades to kill preset paths of enemies?

...I love Revengeance but I hated those missions... :(

If you aren't utterly disgusted by me please check out my videogames show at:

www.youtube.com/BitSocket

• Tuffty 2 May 2013 16:57:29 1,655 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ^ Sure did! That one was annoying, but not nearly as bad as Mission 18, where you have to defeat all the enemies, but they can kill you in one hit. Now that's where the camera issues can really come into effect. Those gorilla enemies. Ugh. I got lucky on that one!
  • Deckard1 29 May 2013 18:33:40 28,723 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Am I missing something with the sais or are they a bit shit?
  • TFM_Excalibur 1 Jun 2013 00:01:52 1,064 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    They are a bit shit mate, I certainly can't get to grips with them either.
  • bobdebob 1 Jun 2013 00:07:15 589 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The sais have instant dizzy when it turns purple.
  • Deckard1 1 Jun 2013 09:18:40 28,723 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The Sam fight is fucking pissing me off
  • Deckard1 1 Jun 2013 09:41:10 28,723 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Beat the cunt
  • Progguitarist 25 Nov 2013 12:48:06 10,481 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    How the living fuck does the parry actually work in this? It seems completely random as to whether you enter the parry stance or not. It's driving me fucking mental in the Monsoon boss fight.
  • Deleted user 25 November 2013 12:53:41
    Ironically, the monsoon fight was when i first felt i properly learned it, with his cloud attacks. When there is a red glow just defend in the direction that attack is coming from. He should go into the parry stance, and will stay like that until you get attacked and parry it. Then once you get round that you can start to time them and try to counter people.

Outside the cloud attacks, the same thing, but i think i found the X,SQ manouvre really helpful. Infact they could have done with a similar boss battle right near the begining of the game to get peoples head around the parry system.

Edited by joelstinton at 12:54:31 25-11-2013
  • nickthegun 25 Nov 2013 12:55:45 60,452 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Monsoon is the hardest enemy in the entire game.

But parry is light attack + TOWARD the enemy. You *have* to press a direction or it wont work.

As soon as you see a flash of red, you can do the block command. You will enter the block stance and block the attack. You have to time the block command to coincide with their incoming attack to parry, so you can block as soon as they start the attack but you need timing to parry.

Yellow attacks are unblockable, so if you see yellow, run.

Edited by nickthegun at 12:57:10 25-11-2013

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Page

of 22 First / Last