• Deleted user 1 June 2009 20:59:28
    *Edit*
    Never mnid.
    Cheers cozeny.
  • JediMasterMalik 1 Jun 2009 20:59:47 11,826 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    M83J01P97 wrote:
    It was one of the game shown during the whole "the next games you see are all exclusive and only on 360", so that suggests it is an exclusive.

That's a good point actually, and if it is true, and not just intended as separate from that statement, it's massively retarded to bring a spin off game from an MGS4 character exclusively to a console which hasn't had MGS4, and to snub the people who actually wanted a Raiden game, namely those being the MGS4 players on PS3.

Unless they plan on making this a prequel and releasing MGS4 after, and that theory has other issues with it.

It makes no sense.
  • Artemus 1 Jun 2009 21:00:05 1,007 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    "Raiden, one of the most popular characters in the "Metal Gear Solid" universe"

Hmm.
  • Razz 1 Jun 2009 21:00:37 59,994 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Well he is one of the most popular afaik

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• JediMasterMalik 1 Jun 2009 21:01:16 11,826 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    And it shouldn't be called Solid if it doesn't have Solid Snake.

Should be called Metal Gear Raiden or something.
  • Super_Zee 1 Jun 2009 21:01:25 2,108 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, I'm really surprised too. I'm glad I wasn't the only one to spot the exclusive implication.

Would a [mod] would do the honours and slip this into General Gaming?
  • Deleted user 1 June 2009 21:01:38
    someone can quite easily have just a 360 and call themselves a serious gamer. People have differing priorities and it wouldn't be fair to expect that for someone to be considered as a gamer they would have to own all that is out there. That is quite ridiculous. You can't just reduce it to Ģ20 a month, that's 40 months saving. Not only that, there's the games to consider.

Actually, everyone stop being cheap you bacon faces.
  • JinTypeNoir 1 Jun 2009 21:01:42 4,365 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ilmaestro wrote:
    JinTypeNoir wrote:
    ilmaestro wrote:
    Yeah, I hear people moan about games being exclusive and I just laugh that they don't own all the consoles.

It's really expensive to do that this generation.
    Ahaha. Ahahahahahaha. No-one moans that they can't afford the consoles and says "I have a family to feed". People who have life things going on are usually above caring about things like that. It's kids, or people my age, who complain, and I just wonder why they don't get a job. Plus, whilst I appreciate that "expensive" is all relative, unless you have a family to care for, buying all the consoles and all the handhelds by now would not even dip its toe into my definition of "expensive" and I am by no means rolling in money.

Excuse me, I have two jobs and school right now and earn enough money to have and maintain each console each month, but I'd rather eat well, have money to go out with friends and buy other entertainment/clothes/nice living expenses and such. It's two expensive to own all the consoles and as such the games and stuff I'd want for each one. Therefore, for a reasonable lifestyle, I don't think its unreasonable to state most people pick 1 or 2 out of the five and live with that, especially since none of them has a lacking library this time around.

It's not that they can't afford it, it's just that it's too expensive to be worth it. Most people could afford a luxury car if they got rid of a lot of other stuff, but they don't all choose the route. Same idea.
  • Widge Moderator 1 Jun 2009 21:02:51 12,595 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    Solid rising eh? *cough*

/is juvenile

yep, I was there with that too

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• ilmaestro 1 Jun 2009 21:02:53 32,299 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Exactly, you choose not to spend your money on them. It's not that you can't afford them. Don't come crying about it on the internet.

Also, I always lol at the idea that somehow owning a console means that you have to buy all the games available for it.

edit: anyway, I've gone so far off topic now with this fun semi-troll diversion that I think I'll stop now. But that doesn't mean that buying all the consoles is actually expensive. Just that some people don't actually want some games as much as they like to make out on the forum.

• Widge Moderator 1 Jun 2009 21:04:06 12,595 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Rising... uprising... maybe this is the Outer Haven Zanzibar Land thing. Maybe its MG1 remake?

Or I could be wildly stabbing. In the dark.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• Deleted user 1 June 2009 21:05:43
    Surely you need to buy a game or two considering just playing with the menus will get slightly tedious?
  • Deleted user 1 June 2009 21:06:17
    Widge wrote:
    Rising... uprising... maybe this is the Outer Haven Zanzibar Land thing. Maybe its MG1 remake?

Or I could be wildly stabbing. In the dark.
    I think it's likely to be about Raiden rescuing Sunny from the Patriots.
  • ShogunAssassin 1 Jun 2009 21:06:44 471 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Itīs a remake of MGS2. Itīs the only thing that makes sense.
  • Artemus 1 Jun 2009 21:08:13 1,007 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    Well he is one of the most popular afaik

Since when? Almost everyone hated on the character when they found out this ladyboy had replaced Snake for the majority of MGS2. Granted, 4 went some way to make him "more badass" but still "one of the most popular" is inaccurate to say the least.
  • JinTypeNoir 1 Jun 2009 21:08:59 4,365 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    When did really expensive = absolutely cannot afford it? With credit and such these days, most people really expensive things, but they weigh it out and decide not to. Why the hell are you reading into things and projecting your own silly thoughts into things I'm not saying?

Who would buy an expensive PS3, Wii and Xbox 360 and then after that not buy games at a steady rate for it? That would be a waste of a purchase. Therefore, one would expect if you had all the consoles, you'd keep up with the release lists of each one, which obviously doesn't mean buying everything under the sun.

If games were as cheap as they had become again in the PSX days, and all the platforms were under or around the 10,000 yen /$100 mark, it would be a lot easier to simply buy a lot, just like it's a lot easier to pay for a great deal of cable or satellite channels if you get a better package.

And this is just me. Get real, in actual life the amount of people who genuinely can't hack up even the above mentioned amounts in a month is by no means small. I mean, there's people who own one console for years and never buy anything more than super cheap used releases years after the fact because they just can't hack more than that.
  • ilmaestro 1 Jun 2009 21:09:06 32,299 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    efeilguy wrote:
    Surely you need to buy a game or two considering just playing with the menus will get slightly tedious?
    Yeah, you need to buy a game or two. I don't personally have enough free time to play anything other than the few games that I absolutely want to play the most, though, and they tend to be spread across the consoles. I don't have a problem with that. If people do, it's because of how much they really want to play the games, not because they're expensive.

• Deleted user 1 June 2009 21:09:34
    Artemus - I do think that people wanted to play as Raiden after his performance in 4 though, would it be fair to say the majority wanted to do so?
  • Deleted user 1 June 2009 21:10:14
    Yeah, he's cool as fuck in MGS4.
  • JinTypeNoir 1 Jun 2009 21:12:13 4,365 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Also, I don't think you could say Raiden seems to be as despised in Japan as he is in the rest of the world.

Perhaps the same could be said of some gamers who doesn't post on messageboards and follow announcements and such too?
  • ilmaestro 1 Jun 2009 21:12:42 32,299 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    JinTypeNoir wrote:
    I'd respond, but it would just be me breaking your post up into bits and typing "in your opinion" "in your opinion" over and over, so we'd get nowhere. Plus, I'll stick with my decision to not go any further off topic.

• ilmaestro 1 Jun 2009 21:14:17 32,299 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    JinTypeNoir wrote:
    Also, I don't think you could say Raiden seems to be as despised in Japan as he is in the rest of the world.

Perhaps the same could be said of some gamers who doesn't post on messageboards and follow announcements and such too?
    Do you mean he's popular with "casual" fans in Japan? Or are you asking/speculating about his popularity with casual fans in the West?

• Artemus 1 Jun 2009 21:14:31 1,007 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    efeilguy wrote:
    Artemus - I do think that people wanted to play as Raiden after his performance in 4 though, would it be fair to say the majority wanted to do so?

I'd rather play as Gray Fox. The character he was basically ripping off.
  • Deleted user 1 June 2009 21:15:06
    I still want to know whether Jin is really in his thirties and wanted to kill someone on GAF.
  • Deleted user 1 June 2009 21:15:48
    I totally agree actually, Gray Fox would have been utter quality.
  • JinTypeNoir 1 Jun 2009 21:16:25 4,365 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ilmaestro wrote:
    JinTypeNoir wrote:

Do you mean he's popular with "casual" fans in Japan? Or are you asking/speculating about his popularity with casual fans in the West?

Both. Though he seems to be popular even with the hardcore crowd here. I think you're well aware that Japanese audiences don't generally complain about this "whiny namby boy" characters that seem to grate on the nerves of a lot of hardcore fans in other countries.
  • Feanor 1 Jun 2009 21:16:40 13,921 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    He's not even in his 20s.
  • JediMasterMalik 1 Jun 2009 21:16:57 11,826 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    Yeah, he's cool as fuck in MGS4.

Which is why it makes even less sense on the 360.

/broken record
  • funkyd 1 Jun 2009 21:18:07 7,522 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Raiden is awesome now, keep up.
  • Deleted user 1 June 2009 21:19:07
    Least the 360 wont have long boring cuts scenes cos of dvd9 :p

• Page

of 22 First / Last