The *Official* LittleBigPlanet (Little Big Planet) PSP Thread Page 7

• Page

of 9 First / Last

• Syrok Designer, Tarsier Studios 22 Dec 2009 14:50:34 14,033 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    There is a patch available for this apparently. No idea what it does as I don't have the game, just thought that some of you might be interested.

To update:
    * Locate the LBP icon on the XMB.
    * Press Triangle.
    * Select 'Update'.
    * Follow steps as dictated by the updater.
  • Red930 22 Dec 2009 15:04:46 158 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Indeed new patch today. well for one it fixed the XMB animation and music breakage. Cant find anything else on it...

[edit]Found it. It "Resolves several unspecified minor issues" whatever that means.[/edit]
  • Red930 22 Dec 2009 23:21:14 158 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I cant get my head around the create mode at the moment, its so different from the ps3 version. being unable to cut out shapes in objects is a nightmare as i used this technique to build most of the 'rooms' in my ps3 levels. You can get really creative walls and floors using cut out. The grid brush situation does not compute :) I'm stupid and to used to PS3 create perhaps. :)

Its quite inflexible, but then i guess restrictions can help you think in different directions. I'm not giving up on this...

Such a good game...
  • Roddy100 23 Dec 2009 20:29:24 764 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Red930 wrote:
    I cant get my head around the create mode at the moment, its so different from the ps3 version. being unable to cut out shapes in objects is a nightmare as i used this technique to build most of the 'rooms' in my ps3 levels. You can get really creative walls and floors using cut out. The grid brush situation does not compute :) I'm stupid and to used to PS3 create perhaps. :)

Its quite inflexible, but then i guess restrictions can help you think in different directions. I'm not giving up on this...

Such a good game...

I've not played the PS3 version so I cannot compare create modes, however, I don't have too much trouble creating the shapes I want using the corner edit tool. It's a bit cumbersome and fiddly at first but after spending a bit of time with it, I think I'm capable of making any shape I want.

In saying that, I'm yet to finish an entire level but that is more the fault of my lack of time rather than struggling with the create mode.

Agreed! Fantastic game!
  • DFawkes 23 Dec 2009 20:36:22 22,978 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It is a bit strange going from good old painting the shapes manually on PS3 to using Corner Edit, but once you're used to Corner Edit it's a handy tool. I've even taken my new found Corner Edit love back to PS3 :)

Some of the levels are fantastic in the PSP version, I'd say I'm enjoying the story levels more in this than the PS3 one.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Deleted user 23 December 2009 23:30:05
    How does one zoom in on PS1 games on a PSP so it fits the whole screen? (Namely MGS1, FF7 and Vagrant story).
  • DFawkes 23 Dec 2009 23:36:47 22,978 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bizarre place to ask, but close enough. Hit the HOME button and you should get a few options. It's one of those.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Deleted user 23 December 2009 23:53:35
    Yeah didn't realise it was the LBP thread...meh LBP PSP is quite good isn't it :)

Oh and thanks matey!
  • butkicka3000 11 Jan 2010 23:32:27 1 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    wow cant believe my level got a mention on this thread, bobsled run! by butkicka3000.... please play my level and enjoy, only took me 3 days of on off play. but yeah i have the ps3 LBP and my greatest achievement on that is like 50 plays, so yeah dont be discouraged by the seemingly bad odds of your level making it into the most hearted or highest rated..... if your level is good it will be played,

HINT...... instead of uploading your level as soon as you think its ready, play it a couple times and see if theres anything you can improve i.e stickers and sounds. but yeah just have fun with it :D
  • Flying_Pig 12 Jan 2010 09:54:20 11,004 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Another decent level - Scorching Scamper by jackofcourse.

Not massively complex, but looks lovely and is very well put together.
  • Syrok Designer, Tarsier Studios 21 Jan 2010 20:18:31 14,033 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    There is a The Gardens theme pack and a Gardens costume pack on the HK store today. Both of which contain, as their name implies, content from the PS3 version. Will probably arrive in Europe soon.

If you bought the creators edition you probably already have it.
    I'm guessing they are splitting up all the extra content that was in the Creators edition.
  • Flying_Pig 27 Jan 2010 15:22:07 11,004 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm getting seriously f*cked off by this game. My level is so nearly complete, but I have to keep going back to rectify errors/bugs over and over again. Really only on 2 or 3 specific areas, but they mainly relate to:
    - 2-way switches suddenly not working
    - Bolts disconnecting (must have rebuilt my rope bridge 4 or 5 times)
    - objects becoming dynamic (as opposed to static) and refusing to change back

I'll get there eventually, but it's seriously annoying. Maybe I'll play something else for a bit and come back to it...?
  • Roddy100 29 Jan 2010 00:35:05 764 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    No fair. The US PlayStation Store gets the "Gardens" costumes and a content update (whatever that means), for FREE!
  • FreakyZoid 29 Jan 2010 15:35:08 130 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You know what, if they knocked Little Big Planet down to £18 I would snap that up. But because it's over the £20 mark I can always talk myself out of buying it.

If I knew the DLC stuff was all free I would probably be able to talk myself back in to it again.

I have a very definite mental line in the sand at £20 for a downloadable PSP game.
  • Syrok Designer, Tarsier Studios 29 Jan 2010 15:42:07 14,033 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    "I have a very definite mental line in the sand at £20 for a downloadable PSP game."

It's also available on a disc. :p

"No fair. The US PlayStation Store gets the "Gardens" costumes and a content update (whatever that means), for FREE!"

Only the costumes are free according to the blog.
  • Kay 29 Jan 2010 15:56:14 17,894 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    FreakyZoid wrote:
    You know what, if they knocked Little Big Planet down to £18 I would snap that up. But because it's over the £20 mark I can always talk myself out of buying it.

If I knew the DLC stuff was all free I would probably be able to talk myself back in to it again.

I have a very definite mental line in the sand at £20 for a downloadable PSP game.

LBP is currently £19.99 on the UK PSN store.
  • FreakyZoid 29 Jan 2010 17:37:20 130 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Really? It was about £23 when I looked the other day.
    Oh well, looks like I'll be buying it tonight then.

It's either that or trying to shove a UMD into my PSPGo :)
  • Flying_Pig 29 Jan 2010 22:53:12 11,004 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    FreakyZoid wrote:

Not possible AFAIK
  • HiddenAway 29 Jan 2010 22:54:28 14,894 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    FreakyZoid wrote:

Not possible AFAIK

I detected sarcasm in that post :p

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• Syrok Designer, Tarsier Studios 8 Feb 2010 19:33:22 14,033 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Huge update coming tomorrow:

Community Features
    - It is now possible to scroll through the downloaded levels list immediately after completing the playthrough of a downloaded level. A change well worth making. So we did!
    - Search types have been improved, and more levels can be seen on each page on the community moon.
    - Pressing the triangle button at the Community Moon menu will refresh the community data for all of your downloaded levels. If you want to upload the full set of all your high scores and download everybody else’s then this is the place to do it.

Usability
    - A copy and paste function has been added to the editor, which can be accessed after selecting an object and opening the tweak option. Which is nice.
    - Shapes can be scaled and rotated before placing them.
    - MyObjects and object-based gadgets can be rotated before placing them.
    - Items held together by gadgets can be scaled.
    - Gadgets such as pistons, rods, etc. can have their positions edited after being placed
    - The drag selection mechanism has been improved so that it will only select objects if they are entirely surrounded.
    - Gluing supports user directed input. Side to side gluing is now allowed in preference over gluing backwards, which was the default.
    - Sound objects are now labelled in the tweak menu for reference, once they’ve been placed in a level.
    - The option to disable the undo/redo feature has been added to the menu – very useful if you want to avoid pause times on large levels, and handle everything through manual saves instead.

Editor Functionality
    - When switching to and from create mode, materials and gadgets will not drift when repeatedly selected.
    - Dynamic objects joined to static objects by dissolve material will separate and move once the dissolve material has been destroyed.
    - Detaching glued objects correctly remembers the original static or dynamic nature of the individual glued objects.
    - A material’s rotation will not drift between saves.
    - Stickers applied to an emitted object stay attached to the object if the emitter itself is moved.
    - Creatures only jump if Sackboy is nearby.
    - Sensor switches and buttons save their initial states properly.
    - Deleting a switch will not delete the object it was glued to.
    - When a material is changed to peach floaty it will become buoyant.
    - Pistons connected to an inverted switch trigger correctly on level load.
    - Magic mouths with no text have the speech bubble disabled in play mode.
    - Wobble bolts’ angle and flipper properties save correctly in Create Mode.
    - Scoreboards only check above the base for Sackboy’s presence, previously it was possible to trigger them from below.

My Objects
    - You can capture MyObjects within MyObjects. Oh yes.
    - Emitters, scoreboards, prize bubbles can be captured as part of MyObjects.
    - You can attach gadgets to Collected Objects and MyObjects.
    - The bolt stability in MyObjects has been improved.
    - You can change material classes, including the lethality of MyObjects.
    - We have improved the capture capacity for MyObjects to allow for larger, more complex items to be captured.

Corner Editing
    - This update features improved corner editing of glued objects. Previously, editing could be blocked if corners were on the glued edge of an object.
    - Corner editing an object with gadgets attached doesn’t cause them to detach.
    - Corner editing checks all planes (not just the foremost one) for collisions.
    - Stickers do not disappear when corner editing.
    - The game autosaves after a corner editing session.
    - It was possible to make an object invisible by using the corner edit tool, this has been blocked.

Play Mode
    - Sackboy doesn’t get stuck on edges when he should fall to the floor.
    - The ‘return to main menu’ and ‘continue’ options work whilst the scoreboard is active.

Stability
    - Last, but not least: Numerous stability issues have also been addressed.

• HiddenAway 8 Feb 2010 19:43:05 14,894 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Holy. Cow.

A 0.01 update for all that?! :D

• Roddy100 8 Feb 2010 19:47:55 764 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh, wow! Thanks Syrok - there are SO many great fixes in there! Can't wait to update!
  • Flying_Pig 9 Feb 2010 11:42:41 11,004 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hopefully fixes Create mode, and allows me to finish my level

Thanks for the excellent work Syrok.
  • Syrok Designer, Tarsier Studios 2 Mar 2010 14:54:50 14,033 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Comparably small update now live.

Release date: 02/03/2010
    It appears that although Strawberry Cheesecake (Update 2.03) was delicious, there were a few elements which spoilt its flavour.
    We’ve seen how some community levels have been affected in an undesirable way by the update, and we’ve been busy trying to put this straight.
    Update 2.04 should help to sort out the following things:

Fixes:
    -Pistons now behave correctly when connected to a dynamic object then a static object.
    -If a piston doesn’t connect, the player is able to exit the Popit menu.
    -Scoreboards now trigger whilst upside down, like they used to.
    -Two emitters emitting the same MyObject no longer causes any nastiness. We don’t like nastiness.
  • Deleted user 26 March 2010 08:50:01
    Hmm just received an email from Sony with a code for a free download of this. Appears completely genuine as well!

Little surprised to say the least! Unless its a free download of the demo, the cunning blighters?
  • Kay 26 Mar 2010 09:38:00 17,894 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Are you using a US account? There was on offer for new PSP Go owners in the US a few weeks back, where you could get LBP or Assassin's Creed for free. All you had to do was sign in with a US account on your PSP Go for the first time.
  • Deleted user 26 March 2010 13:00:24
    Kay wrote:
    Are you using a US account? There was on offer for new PSP Go owners in the US a few weeks back, where you could get LBP or Assassin's Creed for free. All you had to do was sign in with a US account on your PSP Go for the first time.

yes :) nice surprise really! they must be desperate for sales
  • Syrok Designer, Tarsier Studios 26 Apr 2010 16:51:42 14,033 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Are people still playing this? If so there is a new update available now.

New Objects

The Microbomb: a smaller shockbomb, which can kill creature brains and Sackboy, but won’t break anything else. Small, red and deadly, the microbomb is our new favourite toy, ideal as a grenade or as an explosive tip for a missile. Ka-boom.

The Magic Eye: give your creatures (and anything else) some peepers. Just put eyes on something, anything, and it’ll look at Sackboy when he’s near it, as well as making that object suddenly look sentient, and well, a bit weird.

Functions

Flip for Objects is now supported, so you can make them face in either direction. Very handy for vehicles.

Front View: removes all perspective, allowing that extra level of precision for all you creators who like to see exactly what you’re doing.

Circular shapes are now true circles. Previously they were twelve-sided objects, and not really round at all. Now, observe their sumptuous circularity.

Stickers now scale when the object they’re on is re-sized, saving you all a load of time. Which is good.

Improved overall stability. What we mean is that things should now do exactly what they should, as opposed to sometimes doing things that they shouldn’t (we think you know what we mean).

Support for the ‘Turbo! Premium Level Kit’.
  • HiddenAway 26 Apr 2010 18:35:42 14,894 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Haven't played it since I finished story mode...

I just can't get used to building a level...

• Flying_Pig 26 Apr 2010 21:45:11 11,004 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I got too frustrated when building my level so stopped. They appear to have fixed most of the issues, but I've moved on. Shame really, as it was brilliant.
  • Page

of 9 First / Last