Moon - now with spoilers! Page 3

• Page

of 10 First / Last

• Genji 17 Jul 2009 14:45:33 19,687 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    disc wrote:
    Have to wait until October here in Oz.
    Unless you see it at something like Melbourne International Film Festival in August.

I think I might. I like this kind of psychological stuff.
  • localnotail 17 Jul 2009 14:48:26 23,093 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm well vexed that the only chance I get to see this film in Birmingham is if I can get to Star Shitty.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• localnotail 17 Jul 2009 14:53:34 23,093 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Post deleted

• bunglebonce 17 Jul 2009 14:53:42 2,228 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Vue in Inverness won't have it naturally, but when I did a search for it on the Eden Court website they have it!

Starting Friday 21st.

August.

PSN ID: erniewhatbert

• andywilkie35 17 Jul 2009 14:54:40 5,338 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wish this was at my local cineworld :-(

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• Inquisitor Moderator 17 Jul 2009 14:55:42 14,559 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'll be in Birmingham tonight but I've no idea how to get out to Star City without a car, which is where I believe the VUE is located. Looks like I'll have to wait to see it in the Leicester Showcase.
  • BinaryBob101 17 Jul 2009 14:59:35 24,411 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Why the fuck isn't this getting a normal theatrical release? They may as well have flung it straight to DVD release.

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• localnotail 17 Jul 2009 15:02:11 23,093 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Inquisitor wrote:
    I'll be in Birmingham tonight but I've no idea how to get out to Star City without a car, which is where I believe the VUE is located. Looks like I'll have to wait to see it in the Leicester Showcase.

there is a bus, 66 I think. But it's a PITA. 3 major chain cinemas in the city centre and none of them are showing it. bastards.

• Fletche 17 Jul 2009 15:03:46 3,418 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    localnotail wrote:
    I'm well vexed that the only chance I get to see this film in Birmingham is if I can get to Star Shitty.

Like the sound of this film but yes, I have vowed never to go to Star City again as I am sick to death of idiots spoiling films for me.
  • Deleted user 17 July 2009 15:08:12
    Got a crappy write up this morning in some of the papers - mind you I think the worst was in one of the scumrags, so I'm guessing that means the film is quite slow and, you know, reasonably intelligent?

;)
  • Genji 17 Jul 2009 15:12:14 19,687 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    disc wrote:
    It's there? I didn't know they had released the list of movies yet. Might check with the gf if she wants to go there hehe.
    Yep. Released last Friday. If you want to see it, it's on Monday the 27th at 7pm, and Saturday the 1st at 2:45pm.
  • Genji 17 Jul 2009 15:16:28 19,687 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah. I got myself a mini pass, and will be partaking in 12 movies. \o/

I am organising a posse to go and see Dead Snow. Zombie Nazis FTUW.
  • localnotail 17 Jul 2009 15:22:19 23,093 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Fletche, I agree, the patrons of Star Shitty have always left much to be desired. As has their popcorn. Grr.

MrED209 wrote:
    Got a crappy write up this morning in some of the papers - mind you I think the worst was in one of the scumrags, so I'm guessing that means the film is quite slow and, you know, reasonably intelligent?

;)

I am under the impression that this film will echo the evocation of isolation felt in Dark Star, 2001, Silent Running etc. I might be wrong. I hope I am not. Can you hear me Major Tom?

• Genji 17 Jul 2009 15:24:26 19,687 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    You'd better not mess with Major Tom.
  • BinaryBob101 17 Jul 2009 15:25:56 24,411 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    local, you'd be right from many of the reviews I've read.

Fuck film distributors and studios up their stupid asses.

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• Inquisitor Moderator 17 Jul 2009 15:35:33 14,559 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    localnotail wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:

there is a bus, 66 I think. But it's a PITA. 3 major chain cinemas in the city centre and none of them are showing it. bastards.

A bus you say? Hmmmmm. I probably shouldn't go tonight anyway, though t'is tempting. Save it for tomorrow perhaps.
  • localnotail 17 Jul 2009 15:46:03 23,093 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I dunno, even with the bus ride it's probably a lot cheaper (think it's still 7 on a Friday night) - especially if you have a nectar card with 1000 points on it, in which case it is free. (1300 to get Gold Class). Using that deal was the only way I could cope with the trauma of being there. It's like Vegas condensed, in the desert of roads around Spaghetti Junction. It's existence jars my brain. I wish it was on at The Electric, it would be perfect. but no. Harry Potter and Bruno. *sigh* I might email them and ask them to find a space for it.

• Pac-man-ate-my-wife 17 Jul 2009 16:02:10 7,020 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Don't get your hopes up too much. It's a nice film, well acted and directed but it doesn't reinvent the genre or reach the heady heights of 2001 etc.

Go in with modest expectations and it's a good film. Go in expecting greatness and I think disappointment looms.
  • paul_haine 17 Jul 2009 16:18:11 4,205 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Londoners: The Screen on the Green in Islington is showing this on Sunday afternoon with a Q&A session with the director afterwards.
  • ecu 17 Jul 2009 16:20:15 77,312 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Pac-man ate my wife wrote:
    Don't get your hopes up too much. It's a nice film, well acted and directed but it doesn't reinvent the genre or reach the heady heights of 2001 etc.

Go in with modest expectations and it's a good film. Go in expecting greatness and I think disappointment looms.

Probably about right, but it's still well worth seeing. I killed a good evening with this and didn't feel like my time, or money, was wasted. It's not genre defining but it's a good homage to the classics. Better than Sunshine too imo, but that's because Sunshine screwed itself over.
  • localnotail 17 Jul 2009 17:08:44 23,093 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Pac-man ate my wife wrote:

I'm just looking for quiet emptiness and some Space Madness. nothing high tech or glorious visuals.

• bunglebonce 17 Jul 2009 17:18:09 2,228 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    If it's better than Sunshine, I'll like it enough. I've never been near the Sunshine Thread, but I loved the beginning and the end, although the middle-to-end was rubbish.

PSN ID: erniewhatbert

• Deleted user 17 July 2009 17:19:16
    It's nothing like Sunshine whatsoever if what I've seen of the trailer and read about it on here is anything to go by.
  • ecu 17 Jul 2009 17:20:15 77,312 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Sunshine was amazing until the last 20 minutes or whatever. I'm so annoyed at how that movie ended, as it was well on its way to being one of my favourite movies ever, then to fuck it up like that was so disappointing.
  • ecu 17 Jul 2009 17:26:21 77,312 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    MrED209 wrote:
    It's nothing like Sunshine whatsoever if what I've seen of the trailer and read about it on here is anything to go by.

It's not, but, well.. it's the same genre. :p They're both pitched as near-future sci-fi's, with isolated casts in our own solar system with celestial bodies we are somewhat familiar with, so you can draw similarities there. Both British, too.

Moon was very good though. You can see the influence from older sci-fi movies, and it feels like it was made a few years ago itself (not a bad thing).
  • Deleted user 17 July 2009 17:27:32
    Yeah I guess so. It depends if he meant "Is it like Sunshine in that it's an action thriller on board a spaceship with loads of cool effects and action and stunts and explosions 'n' stuff - only better?"
  • Deleted user 17 July 2009 17:29:22
    When asking 'is it like Sunshine?' I'd just assume he meant 'Is it shit?'
  • Deleted user 17 July 2009 17:30:15
    Gremmi wrote:
    When asking 'is it like Sunshine?' I'd just assume he meant 'Is it shit?'
    He didn't ask "Is it like Sunshine" though.
  • Deleted user 17 July 2009 17:31:40
    I don't even know what we're talking about, I just felt like calling Sunshine shit.
  • BinaryBob101 17 Jul 2009 17:34:55 24,411 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Sunshine is not a shit film, by any stretch of the imagination.

You are a shit troll though.

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• Page

of 10 First / Last