Resident Evil 6 Page 31

• Page

of 43 First / Last

• GiarcYekrub 3 Oct 2012 13:47:04 3,583 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Anyone have luck linking to ResidentEvil.Net ?
    I just get Error(U0003) A system error everytime I try to link
  • muters 3 Oct 2012 18:08:41 94 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm on chapter 2 of the third story and I'm still waiting for a point where I take offence at how bad the game is. It's been consistently great fun so far. Much of the game reminds me of the Desperate Escape DLC from RE5, that kind of 'oh shit, keep moving!' type of gameplay.

Really glad I didn't wait for the reviews and let myself get put off. When I see scores like 3/10 and 4.5/10, I feel like I must be playing a different game. If something this fun can be called below-average at best, then what a time to be a gamer.
  • King_Edward 3 Oct 2012 18:28:24 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I never finished Desperate Escape. T'was shite.
  • Jmek 3 Oct 2012 18:35:21 1,293 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yayy my copies finally turned up. Now to make my mind up.
  • Feanor 3 Oct 2012 18:47:03 13,921 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    muters wrote:
    I'm on chapter 2 of the third story and I'm still waiting for a point where I take offence at how bad the game is. It's been consistently great fun so far. Much of the game reminds me of the Desperate Escape DLC from RE5, that kind of 'oh shit, keep moving!' type of gameplay.

Really glad I didn't wait for the reviews and let myself get put off. When I see scores like 3/10 and 4.5/10, I feel like I must be playing a different game. If something this fun can be called below-average at best, then what a time to be a gamer.
    There were just a handful of American games reviewers who decided to give out those really low scores. Looks like Tom Chick waited to make sure his score was the lowest.
  • maxb 3 Oct 2012 19:01:47 161 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Glad somebody has something positive to say about it.i picked it up yesterday but haven't had time to play it yet.
  • dominalien 3 Oct 2012 21:16:16 6,742 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Right now I feel really bad I paid almost 39 pounds for this.

TYA, let me know if you still want to play this co-op, because I might not persevere on my own.

Even my flat-mate, who is usually pretty enthusiastic about watching me play, said she was going to sleep after about a half an hour.

PSN: DonOsito

• Jmek 3 Oct 2012 21:35:47 1,293 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Started playing Leon's campaign and so far it's been awesome fun. Tense, atmospheric and made me jump quite a few times.
  • Deleted user 3 October 2012 21:43:54
    dominalien wrote:
    Right now I feel really bad I paid almost 39 pounds for this.

TYA, let me know if you still want to play this co-op, because I might not persevere on my own.

Even my flat-mate, who is usually pretty enthusiastic about watching me play, said she was going to sleep after about a half an hour.
    Well, I did finally find a co-op partner but they appear to of gone awol, havent even got started yet. If I dont hear anything from them tonight you good to go tomorrow?

And as I said, from what ive played its infinitely more enjoyable playing in tandem with someone else, Ive enocuntered nothing but problems and irritation playing alone.
  • SolidSCB 3 Oct 2012 21:46:33 5,848 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I finished Leon's campaign today. I did get into it a bit and it got a little better towards the end.

So with newfound hope I dove into Chris' campaign and have so far found everything that is wrong with Resident Evil today. Zombies with guns. Zombies with fucking guns. I can sort of handle this if they are done like in Leon's campaign where the gun is still in their hands after death and they are accidentally squeezing the trigger and haphazardly spraying bullets in zombie form. What I can't handle is zombies that form tactics, snipe and use gun turrets, tanks and rocket launchers. Then to really rub salt in the wound they give you survival horror ammo for what is in all but name an action game - so you have to run into bullets, grenades and rockets just to load your weapon. So much wrong and so very, very shit.
  • dominalien 3 Oct 2012 21:47:45 6,742 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @TearYouAsunder

Yes please. We can start 9 pm your time (if you're in the UK). I've got a headset complete with a hugely irritating east-european accent. U vont a piss ov mee? Ay give u a piss ov mee!

• Deleted user 3 October 2012 21:59:22
    dominalien wrote:
    @TearYouAsunder

Yes please. We can start 9 pm your time (if you're in the UK). I've got a headset complete with a hugely irritating east-european accent. U vont a piss ov mee? Ay give u a piss ov mee!
    Sounds good :)

And even If my other partner comes through I can always do an alternative campaign with you.

Ill add you on PSN now.
  • dominalien 3 Oct 2012 22:07:51 6,742 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    RE5 was good. Just not spectacular like the REs before it.

• dominalien 3 Oct 2012 22:14:58 6,742 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @TearYouAsunder

Got you. You have played a lot of this!

• dominalien 3 Oct 2012 22:21:53 6,742 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    dominalien wrote:
    No, it really wasn't.
    Opinions and stuff. I liked it. /shrug

• King_Edward 3 Oct 2012 22:29:10 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It was alright. There have been worse Resident Evils and much better action games.
  • thefilthandthefury 3 Oct 2012 22:30:13 24,901 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    Goodfella wrote:
    dominalien wrote:
    No, it really wasn't.
    Opinions and stuff. I liked it. /shrug
    It's the only one I've liked, out of the lot! The fact that people who like the other games didn't get on with it is probably an indicator of why I DID.
  • espibara 3 Oct 2012 22:36:19 4,161 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Seriously this is SHIT

Resident Evil 5 was a bit of a miss fire but still enjoyable, but RE6 is a shot gun in the mouth.

Its like Capcom exploded a giant bag of shit and waited to see what parts sticked.

Its a pick n mix and 75% of it is fucking coffee creams.

NB CAPCOM: SECTIONS WHERE WE HAVE TO RUN INTO THE SCREEN AWAY FROM THINGS ARE FUCKING SHIT. WHOEVER SUGGESTED THESE WERE A GOOD IDEA NEEDS A ROLLING PIN SHOVED UP THEIR ARSE.

NB CAPCOM: DID THE ORIGINAL RESIDENT EVIL GAMES HAVE QTE'S AND VEHICLE SECTIONS??????????????????

Cant get over how much money has obviously been thrown at this and how bad it is. Its like the designers have never played a Resident Evil game.

fucking shocking
  • SolidSCB 3 Oct 2012 22:38:22 5,848 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    RE5 was alright. It hung onto the very successful coat tails of RE4 just enough to work for me. This one has swung it far too much in the other direction though.
  • Mikeeeboy1 3 Oct 2012 22:39:58 167 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    muters wrote:

Completely agree with you.
    I keep thinking there is something wrong with me
    for enjoying the game so much.
    Every gaming website and forum I have been on the
    last few days have lambasted the game and Capcom
    and for the life of me I don't understand why!!!!!
  • SolidSCB 3 Oct 2012 22:46:09 5,848 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Okay, so I've just done a flashback chapter, but all my weapons and ammo have carried over to a mission I'm in the middle of in present day. I didn't have a shotgun when we left present day Chris a couple of hours ago. Eh!?
  • King_Edward 3 Oct 2012 22:57:45 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Perhaps handy for anyone crazy enough to try and enjoy this burnin' hunka shite.
  • Mikeeeboy1 3 Oct 2012 23:05:08 167 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Goodfella
    I just turned 40 and have had all the major consoles since
    the Atari 2600.
    Since the age of 20 I have spent between 2-3000 every year on gaming.

Does this give me enough experience to give my justification and opinion on the game?
    So yes i have played all the previous games and you must remember that
    Resident evil started quite differently back when it started
    due to the limitations of the hardware(remember waiting 5 seconds for a door to open).
    Resident evil has never been perfect but i do wish it had elements
    of the older games but things change.
    The game is not perfect but still enjoyable.
    So give the game a chance
  • damagedinc 3 Oct 2012 23:28:08 633 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Mikeeeboy1 wrote:
    @Goodfella
    I just turned 40 and have had all the major consoles since
    the Atari 2600.
    Since the age of 20 I have spent between 2-3000 every year on gaming.

Does this give me enough experience to give my justification and opinion on the game?
    So yes i have played all the previous games and you must remember that
    Resident evil started quite differently back when it started
    due to the limitations of the hardware(remember waiting 5 seconds for a door to open).
    Resident evil has never been perfect but i do wish it had elements
    of the older games but things change.
    The game is not perfect but still enjoyable.
    So give the game a chance
    All the gear no idea....hahaha i jest
  • Bulbatron 4 Oct 2012 02:14:19 825 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've finished Leon's and Chris's campaigns and I've just started on Jake's. So far I'm having a blast! There are a few things which spoil it a little, but I'll come back and go into them once I've finished the whole game.

Since, I'm and old-school Resident Evil fan at heart, I enjoyed Leon's campaign the best so far, but I had a great time with Chris's campaign as well.

So, for the most part, the game gets a thumbs up from me, so far.

Wow - what a mansion!

• Feanor 4 Oct 2012 02:32:49 13,921 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    SolidSCB wrote:So with newfound hope I dove into Chris' campaign and have so far found everything that is wrong with Resident Evil today. Zombies with guns. Zombies with fucking guns. I can sort of handle this if they are done like in Leon's campaign where the gun is still in their hands after death and they are accidentally squeezing the trigger and haphazardly spraying bullets in zombie form. What I can't handle is zombies that form tactics, snipe and use gun turrets, tanks and rocket launchers. Then to really rub salt in the wound they give you survival horror ammo for what is in all but name an action game - so you have to run into bullets, grenades and rockets just to load your weapon. So much wrong and so very, very shit.
    They're not zombies.
  • Rose-of-Sorrow 4 Oct 2012 04:15:36 466 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Feanor wrote:
    SolidSCB wrote:So with newfound hope I dove into Chris' campaign and have so far found everything that is wrong with Resident Evil today. Zombies with guns. Zombies with fucking guns. I can sort of handle this if they are done like in Leon's campaign where the gun is still in their hands after death and they are accidentally squeezing the trigger and haphazardly spraying bullets in zombie form. What I can't handle is zombies that form tactics, snipe and use gun turrets, tanks and rocket launchers. Then to really rub salt in the wound they give you survival horror ammo for what is in all but name an action game - so you have to run into bullets, grenades and rockets just to load your weapon. So much wrong and so very, very shit.
    They're not zombies.
    They're J'avo :-)
  • Page

of 43 First / Last