How to cancel a LoveFilm Account? Page 2

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next
  • Darknight 5 Aug 2011 10:42:59 302 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    When I canceled my account a couple of months ago, the only way to do it was to call them. Either they had stopped the ability to cancel online, or they have buried the link so deep as to be useless.
  • megastar 5 Aug 2011 10:44:56 17,196 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Heh! I just called my bank and cancelled the direct debits, done!

I get a "please come back to us" letter from lovefilm every month though!
  • lurck 15 Aug 2011 10:23:05 1 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    They have definitely done away with their after midnight cancellation button, so I quit using their messaging system. Didn't ask to quit just told them that was me quitting, worked a treat.
  • Deleted user 15 August 2011 12:03:49
    Well, I just cancelled fine using the URL provided earlier in the thread.
  • ecu 15 Aug 2011 13:32:30 77,044 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    lurck wrote:
    They have definitely done away with their after midnight cancellation button, so I quit using their messaging system. Didn't ask to quit just told them that was me quitting, worked a treat.

It was still there when I cancelled my account a couple of months ago.
  • crazy-jako 24 Oct 2011 21:47:26 1 posts
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just signed up but had a quick look (re:cancelling) cause i've heard bad things about them but there is a cancel option on the account at the moment...so must just be the out of hours thing.
  • andytheadequate 25 Oct 2011 15:10:47 8,269 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    To be fair to them, cancelling over the phone is very easy. I've done it quite a few times now (I abuse their free trials) and never taken me longer than 5 minutes
  • Pac-man-ate-my-wife 24 Nov 2011 11:39:54 7,013 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    If you cancel you membership does your account page stay live? I'm intending to take a break for 6-months but will likely want to pick the service up again after that so it'd be good if my list could stay in statis.
  • RunningMan 24 Nov 2011 11:42:39 2,436 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Pac-man-ate-my-wife wrote:
    If you cancel you membership does your account page stay live? I'm intending to take a break for 6-months but will likely want to pick the service up again after that so it'd be good if my list could stay in statis.
    You should just be able to suspend the account for 6 months by taking an extended holiday. I've just done this and the list is still intact.
  • Pac-man-ate-my-wife 24 Nov 2011 12:06:11 7,013 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    RunningMan wrote:
    You should just be able to suspend the account for 6 months by taking an extended holiday. I've just done this and the list is still intact.
    Is this just something I'd do over the phone? It seems like 12 weeks is the maximum holiday I can take through the account screen.
  • RunningMan 24 Nov 2011 12:47:23 2,436 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    RunningMan wrote:
    Is this just something I'd do over the phone? It seems like 12 weeks is the maximum holiday I can take through the account screen.
    Missed the 6month bit, but I did re-open an old account and it had the list intact, this was after 3 years. Give them a phone, they'll be happy to keep you as a customer.
  • Gurgy 18 Dec 2011 15:10:09 2,613 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Apologies for being slightly off topic but I am considering taking out the free Lovefilm trial via my Xbox.

However looking at the Lovefilm packages all I actually want is unlimited streaming (don't really want dvd's or games) but I can't seem to see an option for such a package. There has just been an advert on TV for Lovefilm "Instant" which I sounds like the sort of package I want but can't seem to see it.

Am I simply being thick or does such a package option appear when subscribing via my Xbxo ?
  • Plant 21 Apr 2013 15:37:15 261 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Super bump but this was the first link I found when searching, so it may be useful for others, you can cancel online using:
    this link here

or copy the below into your browser
    https://www.lovefilm.com/account/cancel
  • M83J01P97 21 Apr 2013 17:34:48 6,672 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You mean they finally let you cancel online? Wow... took them long enough, I had a horrible time trying to cancel my account about two years ago now, they kept charging me for two months after I had called them and cancelled and each time I called they had no record of me contacting them before.
  • Plant 21 Apr 2013 19:24:19 261 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @M83J01P97
    No its an old link that still works.
    there's no way to find it off the main site.
  • Dougs 21 Apr 2013 19:25:08 68,474 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I was going to say, I cancelled online about 5 years ago!
  • RightBean 21 Apr 2013 20:15:41 661 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    You have to phone them, I told them I was blind and begged to cancel it
  • shamblemonkee 21 Apr 2013 20:27:48 14,491 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    no, @Plant's link works, just did it.
  • Bremenacht 21 Apr 2013 23:03:22 18,761 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    One thing about ringing: they'll do their best to keep you. So, if you've got Lovefilm and you're fairly happy with it, but you'd like a discount. Just ring up and say you're switching to Netflix and would like to cancel.

Three times I've done it since the end of last year, and I've got one or two free months for the price of one or a discount each time. I really did want to try Netflix, so I had to insist in the end! I'm half expecting a 'come back!' discount offer within the next three months.
  • cubbymoore 21 Apr 2013 23:13:58 36,501 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Cancelling a lovefilm account is second only to cancelling a 3 phone contract in terms of bollocks aching difficulty. Even when you outright say you want to cancel 5 times in a row, getting louder each time to the point you're shouting it, they keep talking about other offers they could give you.
  • Bremenacht 21 Apr 2013 23:32:14 18,761 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    :)

"Let me have a word with my manager!"
  • Agent_Llama 22 Apr 2013 20:21:22 3,364 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I will never go back to LoveFilm after experiencing the utter rudeness of one of the oiks they use to harass shoppers on the high street. After telling the girl I'd already cancelled, she shouted 'your loss!' down the street at me. Not impressed.

3DS: Mooky - 2019-9643-8311
    NNid: Agent_Llama
    Vita/PS3/360: Faloola
    FFXIV ARR: Alekzander Lockhart, Odin

• cubbymoore 22 Apr 2013 20:42:26 36,501 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    To be fair, I don't think that is a Lovefilm initiative :)
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Next