PlayStation Vita Page 756

• Page

of 899 First / Last

• Deleted user 21 October 2013 20:53:09
    Spectral wrote:
    Nope the PS3 stuff wont work on the PS4 as it's not backwards compatible. Worth grabbing them anyway though. At worst you wont use them, at best you'll decide at some point to grab a PS3 and have a ready made library waiting. It happened to me with the Vita.
    Exactly. Same for me with the Vita, it was nice to have a collection ready and waiting when I bought one.
  • Mr-Brett 21 Oct 2013 21:14:58 12,676 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    I can't see Sony adding KZ for the annual IGC games. My money's on one or more of:
    - Soul Sacrifice
    - PS All Stars thingy
    - LBP
    Yeah no chance of it being KZ. All of those are good bets, I'm hoping for AC3 Liberation, with the Aveline content in AC4 it might be an opportunity to raise her profile a bit. I have no idea how much say publishers and developers have in it though.

Portable view - Never forget.

• andyc1980 21 Oct 2013 21:29:03 1,051 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Mr-Brett and I'm hoping it's not as that's the bundle I got when I bought my vita. Decent game tho.
  • MatMan562 22 Oct 2013 16:13:33 1,900 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Well, my Vita arrived this morning and overall I'm impressed with it so far! My only complaints at the moment are that the sticks seem a little too small making it hard to aim, I've not yet found a comfortable way to hold it for extended periods and I don't have enough memory to download the patch for Killzone so I can't play mp. The first two I think will get better with time and I'll try to pick up a 64GB memory card as soon as I can afford it.

Everything else is great though! I'm really impressed with the graphics of the games I've played (so far Killzone, Uncharted and Wipeout) and the UI seems nice and slick. I'm looking forward to playing more and getting to grips with it better!

If I could choose two Vita games to replace Uncharted and Gravity Rush on the IGC I'd have LBP and Soul Sacrifice as they are two games I'd like to try but I'm not sure if I'd like.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• Deleted user 22 October 2013 16:15:48
    At first I thought the sticks were tiny and loose, but when playing a game I don't really notice. They work very well, better than they look and feel. I can steer perfectly in Wipeout, and aim just as well as console controllers in Unit 13.
  • Gl3n Moderator 22 Oct 2013 16:16:24 5,166 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anyone still playing LBP?

Add: Glendemic to PSN. I'll be on Killzone next week as well.

PSN: Glendemic Xbox: Gl3n Steam: Gl3n

• chub 22 Oct 2013 16:26:51 433 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    MatMan562 wrote:
    If I could choose two Vita games to replace Uncharted and Gravity Rush on the IGC I'd have LBP and Soul Sacrifice as they are two games I'd like to try but I'm not sure if I'd like.
    If they don't add Soul Sacrifice, you could always have a go at the demo instead. I played it yesterday, and it's quite a generous demo. Gives you a good idea what the full game is like. Having tried the demo though, I think I'm still going to wait and see if it gets added to IGC.
  • Mr-Brett 22 Oct 2013 16:54:27 12,676 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    andyc1980 wrote:
    @Mr-Brett and I'm hoping it's not as that's the bundle I got when I bought my vita. Decent game tho.
    :)

Well even if it is, there'll be two new games.

Portable view - Never forget.

• asphaltcowboy 22 Oct 2013 17:10:45 5,129 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, I'm looking to expand the number of people I have on PSN - add me: asphaltcowboy
  • AaronTurner 22 Oct 2013 17:24:30 7,521 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Are we sure that the annual games are being updated on ps+? I looked at the ps blog and the guy doing the comments said that the plans were for Uncharted and Gravity thingy to remain for the time being.

Edited by AaronTurner at 17:24:48 22-10-2013
  • MatMan562 22 Oct 2013 23:09:51 1,900 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @chub Ahh, good idea! Hadn't even thought about there being a demo for some reason.

I've played the Vita for quite a bit more now and, as I suspected, my complaints have definitely eased. I'm quickly getting used to the sticks and getting used to holding the console for extended periods.

After my quick gos on them I'm loving Killzone and Gravity Rush most, Wipeout looks and plays great, Uncharted basically seems like a retread of the first game (which isn't just a bad thing), AC Liberation seems to add some interesting new ideas to the franchise and SIne Mora seems good but I'm pretty bad at it.

The only annoying thing that remains is that I don't have enough memory for the Killzone patch so I can't play MP. I think I might play through Uncharted relatively quickly to free up some space.

I'm definitely pleased with my purchase!

• Deleted user 22 October 2013 23:27:31
    @MatMan562 See you get used to the sticks quick, they are surprisingly good. Far, far better than the analog "nub" on the PSP. That thing is crap, I choose the d-pad wherever possible. After playing quite a bit of Street Fighter on the Vita and PSP, I have to say the PSP 2000 d-pad is better though. More accurate and consistent.

Pretty much everything about the Vita is good though, it's even great to hold. Shame about no replaceable battery, but I get about 5 hours, which is decent, much better than my old 3DS.
  • Carlo 22 Oct 2013 23:29:32 17,911 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    asphaltcowboy wrote:
    Yeah, I'm looking to expand the number of people I have on PSN - add me: asphaltcowboy
    I (Djini) think I already have you!

PSN ID: Djini

• CompetitiveDad 22 Oct 2013 23:46:58 1,345 posts
    Seen 55 seconds ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    MatMan562 wrote:
    My only complaints at the moment are that the sticks seem a little too small making it hard to aim, I've not yet found a comfortable way to hold it for extended periods

Have you thought about getting a grip?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hori-Officially-Licensed-Attachment-PlayStation/dp/B0084SQEO6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382481972&sr=8-1&keywords=hori+grip+ps+vita

Would definitely recommend.

Gamertag - Belly (2 capital i's)
    PSN ID - Belly (2 capital i's)
    NNID - CompetitiveDad

Feel free to add me :)

• mrpon 22 Oct 2013 23:57:54 27,643 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, just get a fucking grip man.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• MatMan562 23 Oct 2013 00:43:43 1,900 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @CompetitiveDad Thanks for that, I'll keep it in mind. Going to give it a few more days at least first as it already improved with my second time on it, but that does look like it makes it a lot more comfortable!

• CompetitiveDad 23 Oct 2013 07:03:36 1,345 posts
    Seen 55 seconds ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    mrpon wrote:
    Yeah, just get a fucking grip man.
    :D

NNID - CompetitiveDad

• aros 23 Oct 2013 09:03:42 2,053 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    MatMan562 - a grip solves all problems with holding the machine. I haven't had any hand pain since getting mine.

Crazy Market - a surprisingly good game, love the nods to their other titles. I was skeptical, but I like The Game Atelier and happily paid 2.39 for unlimited coffee to open the game up.

Wipeout - Only played a few races on this before, but after buying Uncharted on card at the weekend to free up 3.5gb, I've downloaded the game again and am really enjoying it. It's fantastic. I'm struggling a bit with air braking though, can anyone give me some hints and tips?

Rayman Legends - Even though I've got so many physical games to play I've been keeping that in for the daily challenges! They are fantastic and I'm confident of being able to reach 1m lums given time.

Alien Breed - Well worth the 2.18, recommended.

Not tried the other recent sale titles enough to make a judgement yet, but Limbo partcularly seems a steal at that price.
  • monkman76 23 Oct 2013 09:08:56 3,396 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @aros In the Wipeout Vita thread I (also a novice) was given some useful tips. Mainly to switch the controls so that the air brakes are on the shoulder buttons, and switch off the steering assistance as it's actually a hindrance. Not sure about the latter, but the former definitely helps.

Edited by monkman76 at 09:09:24 23-10-2013
  • aros 23 Oct 2013 09:34:08 2,053 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'll check it out, thanks Monk :)

Just been looking around online, Spiderman seems to be up for pre-order at one or two places, best price at the moment 26.99 for end of November. FM2014 is 24.99 at Amazon and appears to be releasing at the end of this or early part of next month.
  • CompetitiveDad 23 Oct 2013 09:37:08 1,345 posts
    Seen 55 seconds ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    Is there a game switcharoo today? any sales/specials?

NNID - CompetitiveDad

• andyc1980 23 Oct 2013 10:00:17 1,051 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @CompetitiveDad strangers wrath comes to ps plus today. As does motorstorm rc.
  • monkman76 23 Oct 2013 10:08:10 3,396 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ooh, Motorstorm :)
  • CompetitiveDad 23 Oct 2013 10:10:20 1,345 posts
    Seen 55 seconds ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    andyc1980 wrote:
    @CompetitiveDad strangers wrath comes to ps plus today. As does motorstorm rc.
    Cheers Andy, I have both so nothing new for me this month. Motorstorm is fantastic fun, I wasn't that fussed on Strangers Wrath, probably should learn to persevere

NNID - CompetitiveDad

• jampar 23 Oct 2013 10:39:15 57 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Also jumping into the vita world after picking one up on the cheap on Ebay. So many long train journeys, so looking forward to getting stuck in properly.
  • andyc1980 23 Oct 2013 11:08:17 1,051 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @CompetitiveDad been holding off Strangers Wrath for a while. Glad I did now. Already got motorstorm as well but then again there can't be many who haven't at that price.
  • Luckyjim 23 Oct 2013 11:20:11 2,831 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    For various reasons I'm thinking of trading-in/selling my 3DS to rebuy a Vita (Nintendo's draconian account system is one, off screen play with the PS4 is another). I also quite like the Indy direction the Vita has gone in. Value for money is another factor as I've a backlog of PS plus games I can work through.

So, some quick questions.
    1. What's the best deal going at the moment (10 game pack on Amazon looks good)?
    2. When's the new Vita version out? Is it worth waiting for or should I go for the old OLED version?
    3. What's prognosis on the Vita's future. Is it still being supported? It doesn't have to be super-successful for me to bite - I'm happy to buy a niche console, if it is one.
  • imamazed 23 Oct 2013 11:24:04 5,450 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Motorstorm is bloody brilliant, and I say that as someone who doesn't really like the ps3 games. However, I can't play it for longer than 20 minutes withouth my thumbs hurting.
  • monkman76 23 Oct 2013 11:26:33 3,396 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Post deleted
  • monkman76 23 Oct 2013 11:27:08 3,396 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Luckyjim It seems it's very much part of Sony's vision as a partner to the PS4, so it shouldn't sink without trace any time soon.
  • Page

of 899 First / Last