PlayStation Vita Page 482

  • Page

    of 900 First / Last

  • Murbal 22 Jan 2013 10:12:47 21,547 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This is our little oasis of positivity :-)
  • addyb 22 Jan 2013 10:26:47 834 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm all for negativity as well. I'm just finding this section great when it comes to info for certain games and so far find everyone helpful as well. I don't tend to bother defending purchases anymore. I know I'm really enjoying the vita and thats all that matters. I'm just glad I've found a good place to not necessarily share the love but to give my thoughts, help and ask questions purely on the games I own or thinking of getting.

    With that being said I'm thinking of importing Ragnarok Odyssey. I notice it doesn't get a high mark on metacritic but that doesn't bother me too much as I've enjoyed plenty of average marked games before. So is it recommended? I know there is a seperate thread for the game and I will be gathering more info from there.
  • Gregolution 22 Jan 2013 10:26:54 3,116 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @nickthegun. Everyone has valid opinions and not all devices are for everyone. What I like, you might hate - that's perfectly fine.

    The problem with these forums these days (and the internet in general really) is that all you hear is negativity. The Wii U is sh1t, the PS4 will phail, the nextbox will be too dependant on Kinect and casuals bla bla bla.

    I'm bored stiff of it.

    This is a gaming forum. It's a fun hobby which I enjoy. People need to remember why they play games - FOR FUN.

    People here posting positive experiences aren't dillusional weirdo hardcare vita fanbois ignoring a host of problems. They're just people enjoying some games. Having fun

    Edited by Gregolution at 10:28:07 22-01-2013
  • Murbal 22 Jan 2013 10:31:52 21,547 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I nearly gave myself a hernia when I read a comment along the lines of 'Vita is shit long live the iPhone 5' the other day.
  • nickthegun 22 Jan 2013 10:31:54 55,852 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, this is the thing. its fine to concentrate on the positive, but to continually shout people down, as you also do in the Wii U thread is quite annoying and often smacks of the lady doth protest too much.

    Its fine looking for the good in a product but continually posting game lists and progress logs as a reason why a platform isnt struggling or has problems smacks, to the outsider, of sticking your head in the sand.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • Gregolution 22 Jan 2013 10:39:57 3,116 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @nickthegun

    Read through this thread. Quite often I'm posting 'hope that picks up the Vita sales, needs to sell more hardware' etc.

    My head isn't in the sand at all. I know both consoles haven't sold enough. I disagree that they haven't sold enough because they're sh1t that's all.

    Vita has a tough market to compete in. Plenty of people are unfortunatley happy with 59p iOS games then ignorantly expect the same price on games that cost a lot of money to make.

    No need to derail this thread on why there are poor sales for Vita and Wii U anyway. I'm well aware of that fact and not putting my head in the sands by any stretch.

    But I am enjoying both devices a great deal.
  • addyb 22 Jan 2013 10:42:24 834 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Yeah, this is the thing. its fine to concentrate on the positive, but to continually shout people down, as you also do in the Wii U thread is quite annoying and often smacks of the lady doth protest too much.

    Its fine looking for the good in a product but continually posting game lists and progress logs as a reason why a platform isnt struggling or has problems smacks, to the outsider, of sticking your head in the sand.
    Yeah I understand that's annoying as well Nick. I see it on plenty of forums. Someone posts negativity about a console, game, TV, phone etc etc and get shot down and abuse from those who are fans of said items. I remember posting a few reasons why I no longer own iphones on a mobile forum years ago and the amount of abuse I got was laughable and disturbing at the same time.

    I do agree with Greg though most forums these days are just full of people talking sh1t and attention seeking. Whether it be positive or negative posts i just want to talk about the games. I don't really see much of that these days. Even if I do its posts regarding tearing, frame rates, AA, shadows etc etc. I've made a break from avforums which is a shame as I've been a member and a moderator there for 8 years but I'm just tired of reading the same crap from the usual suspects all the time.

    Edited by addyb at 10:44:27 22-01-2013
  • Ultrasoundwave 22 Jan 2013 10:44:56 3,097 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Yeah, this is the thing. its fine to concentrate on the positive, but to continually shout people down, as you also do in the Wii U thread is quite annoying and often smacks of the lady doth protest too much.

    Its fine looking for the good in a product but continually posting game lists and progress logs as a reason why a platform isnt struggling or has problems smacks, to the outsider, of sticking your head in the sand.
    Its the same situation in the WiiU thread though - full of people who have never even been within 10 foot of a WiiU talking about how shit it is.

    If you have a Vita or a WiiU and you want to criticise it or voice concerns, thats absolutely fine. Its the people who have never even tried these machines and talk shit about them that are the problem......

    "Look at banner Michael!"

  • nickthegun 22 Jan 2013 10:45:45 55,852 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I dont think its particularly ignorant to expect similar value. This is where the portable market is now. People want bite sized chunks of fun to play on the move and dont want to pay 40 quid for the privilege.

    mutant blobs and motorstorm are two of the best received and best selling games on the vita. Both cost about a fiver. Its just where the market is now.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • santashi 22 Jan 2013 10:51:32 4,929 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @addyb I'd wait and support the EU release of Ragnarok Odyssey, personally. :D Gungho Online America have been trying to get it approved for a while now, so it (probably!) won't be that long a wait now.

    As for my opinion on what constitutes a good atmosphere in a forum/thread, I don't think it means that everyone has to agree on everything, or never have any issues with a product. Just people being helpful, sharing news, that sort of thing.

    PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

  • Gregolution 22 Jan 2013 10:51:43 3,116 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    People want bite sized chunks of fun to play on the move and dont want to pay 40 quid for the privilege.

    Sweeping statement there. I want both on my handheld device. And that's exactly what I get with my Vita which is why I love it.

    I have Mutant Blobs and Motorstorm RC and I also have Uncharted, MGS HD collection etc.
  • Gregolution 22 Jan 2013 10:53:23 3,116 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @santashi

    I'm waiting for an EU release. Probably better played online coop and there'll be more players when it's released in the EU.
  • addyb 22 Jan 2013 10:53:36 834 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    santashi wrote:
    @addyb I'd wait and support the EU release of Ragnarok Odyssey, personally. :D Gungho Online America have been trying to get it approved for a while now, so it (probably!) won't be that long a wait now.

    As for my opinion on what constitutes a good atmosphere in a forum/thread, I don't think it means that everyone has to agree on everything, or never have any issues with a product. Just people being helpful, sharing news, that sort of thing.
    Yeah I guess I'll wait after giving it some thought. I've got loads to play anyway at present.
  • Murbal 22 Jan 2013 10:53:49 21,547 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I have my phone for bite sized chunks. The majority probably do want bite sized chunks but there *is* a market for deep console like experiences on a handheld. The 3DS is selling, right? That's not because it has more bite-sized games than the Vita, but because of the price of the hardware.
  • santashi 22 Jan 2013 10:59:09 4,929 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I personally prefer longer, more in-depth games... which is probably why it takes me so ridiculously long to finish anything. :D I think there probably is a market for both.

    Anyway... someone try to talk me down from buying Demon Gaze. I'm trying so hard to resist, but it really looks like my sort of game.

    PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

  • Murbal 22 Jan 2013 11:01:27 21,547 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is Demon Gaze getting a Western release? Because if it is, I can't talk you out of it I'm afraid. It would be hypocritical.
  • Ranger_Ryu 22 Jan 2013 11:01:48 974 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    buy it.............ok I'm bad at this trying to talk people out of buying stuff....... :p
  • santashi 22 Jan 2013 11:04:03 4,929 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I was holding off in case a Western release was announced, since playing a game in English is obviously much easier for me. But it hasn't been. And it's out on Thursday.

    PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

  • Ranger_Ryu 22 Jan 2013 11:05:50 974 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    it's possible any interested english company is waiting to see how it does in Japan first before deciding whether to licence it or not.
  • santashi 22 Jan 2013 11:07:24 4,929 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Ranger_Ryu wrote:
    it's possible any interested english company is waiting to see how it does in Japan first before deciding whether to licence it or not.
    Yeah, I imagine that's pretty likely, but it's probably too late to stop me. ;)

    PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

  • uiruki 22 Jan 2013 11:08:16 3,531 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Well, have you completed Etrian 4 on 3DS yet? I don't know what region 3DS you have, but English language Soul Hackers is coming soon and that's a good dungeon crawler with fast battles and the bonus of no Kadokawa creeper factor.
  • Murbal 22 Jan 2013 11:09:15 21,547 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What's DJ Max Technika Tune all about?
  • Ranger_Ryu 22 Jan 2013 11:13:15 974 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    santashi wrote:
    Ranger_Ryu wrote:
    it's possible any interested english company is waiting to see how it does in Japan first before deciding whether to licence it or not.
    Yeah, I imagine that's pretty likely, but it's probably too late to stop me. ;)
    you have no self control,do ya? :p
  • uiruki 22 Jan 2013 11:14:02 3,531 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    What's DJ Max Technika Tune all about?
    It's a rhythm action game entirely controlled by touch. Like Beatmania, each input corresponds to a sound, so in spite of some pretty cheesy music, it's very easy to get caught up in the songs.
  • santashi 22 Jan 2013 11:14:14 4,929 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    uiruki wrote:
    Well, have you completed Etrian 4 on 3DS yet? I don't know what region 3DS you have, but English language Soul Hackers is coming soon and that's a good dungeon crawler with fast battles and the bonus of no Kadokawa creeper factor.
    No, unfortunately I went with a UK 3DS because I had scary levels of optimism about the EU release schedule. ;) I do hope someone like Ghostlight localises EO4 (probably my favourite dungeon crawler series) and Soul Hackers (I also like SMT dungeon crawlers with their law/neutral/chaos).

    PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

  • addyb 22 Jan 2013 11:16:32 834 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    My Persona 4 has just popped through the letterbox. Can I get a high fiveeee!! :)
  • santashi 22 Jan 2013 11:18:57 4,929 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Ranger_Ryu wrote:
    santashi wrote:
    Ranger_Ryu wrote:
    it's possible any interested english company is waiting to see how it does in Japan first before deciding whether to licence it or not.
    Yeah, I imagine that's pretty likely, but it's probably too late to stop me. ;)
    you have no self control,do ya? :p
    To be fair, I haven't bought any games for a while. The last three I bought were Persona 4, Zero Escape, and New Little King's Story, all of which I finished.

    To be even fairer, I do have some games that need finishing, like Ninja Gaiden Sigma, and I'm going to be buying Book of Shadows tomorrow.

    Then again, by the time Demon Gaze arrives, I'll have finished at least those two...

    Yes, I am terrible. :eek:

    PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

  • nickthegun 22 Jan 2013 11:23:07 55,852 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    I have my phone for bite sized chunks. The majority probably do want bite sized chunks but there *is* a market for deep console like experiences on a handheld. The 3DS is selling, right? That's not because it has more bite-sized games than the Vita, but because of the price of the hardware.
    I genuinely dont think there is room for two handheld consoles on the market and, yeah, the 3DS is selling because, well, its nintendo.

    Its a shame really because if one deserved to succeed over the other, its the vita. The 3DS is genuinely terrible.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • binky Moderator 22 Jan 2013 11:36:19 9,236 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Guys can anyone recommend a fun RPG for someone that usually doesn't do RPGs?

    By that, I mean I enjoy the westernised versions and adventure games like Zelda, Fable, but always fancied trying a more RPG-y RPG but every time I try (FF13 on 360, Lost odyssey) I've found them hard to crack into. I think I'm over my phobia of turn based battles (used to hate those, but enjoyed the ones in Paper Mario 1000 year door for instance).

    Anyway, my point being - the Vita might be the place for me to indulge.
  • binky Moderator 22 Jan 2013 11:39:00 9,236 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @nickthegun I agree with that statement, although iPod Touch/phone should be taken into consideration also. More games played on that than 3ds and vita combined, I bet. (boo).
  • Page

    of 900 First / Last

Log in or register to reply