Motorsport Page 646

• Page

of 825 First / Last

• Deleted user 26 March 2013 20:55:58
    At the time i did a jig and a bit of a fuck yeah moment, as it was going on. It was really good to watch
  • superdelphinus 26 Mar 2013 20:58:06 8,016 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    People overtaking each other? Don't geddit

@fwb

Driving past a guy with his engine turned down and not expecting it isn't exactly mind blowing is it

Edited by superdelphinus at 20:59:22 26-03-2013
  • superdelphinus 26 Mar 2013 21:01:09 8,016 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/formula-one-launches-race-unfixing-probe-2013032663802

Funniest thing they've done in years
  • LeoliansBro 26 Mar 2013 21:01:25 43,227 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Very good doc on BBC iPlayer about Suzie Wolff, a Scottish racing driver who's made the jump from DTM to F1 testing, filmed by her brother. Really worth a watch, very interesting insight to what it is like to be a racer, and even more what it is like to be a woman in that world.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• FWB 26 Mar 2013 21:03:26 43,806 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    superdelphinus wrote:
    People overtaking each other? Don't geddit

@fwb

Driving past a guy with his engine turned down and not expecting it isn't exactly mind blowing is it
    Infinitely better than them not even trying it. Besides, as soon as Webber knew what was going on he didn't let up.

Sad state of affairs that that's about as exciting as it gets atm.
  • Psychotext 26 Mar 2013 21:10:43 53,808 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    superdelphinus wrote:
    You're as clueless as the youtube comment dwellers if you think Webber kept his engine turned down. I know for a fact that you've watched enough F1 to...

A: Know that there's no way in hell Webber is letting Vettel past without a fight.

B: Know that there's no way you're keeping a DRS assisted car behind you if you don't have full power available.

Ignoring the fact that Vettel passed Webber more than a full lap after they started going wheel to wheel. How exactly was he not expecting it at that point?
  • kentmonkey 26 Mar 2013 22:04:28 20,439 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I feel like as we're throwing around insults a bit here, that it would be prudent to point out that Mark was on the harder compound tyres, and therefore would have been going a second a lap slower.

Having made the decision to put him on hard compound to ensure he made it to the end (split strategy) and asked both drivers to stop racing after that pit stop, that Seb then deciding to overtake him was a shitty thing to do.

I've no idea whether Mark turned his engine down or not, I wouldn't be surprised if he did, and then I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't.

The fact is that on every page Psycho for the past, well, I don't know, you've pretty much posted the exact same thing. It's like an infatuation.

I genuinely don't think people are going to agree. Constantly posting the same stuff is unlikely to change that fact.
  • Bremenacht 26 Mar 2013 22:06:51 17,613 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    shamblemonkee wrote:
    That's excellent.
  • shamblemonkee 26 Mar 2013 22:26:46 14,261 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Bremenacht Yeah, i really don't know why we don't get more of the on-board feeds in the world broadcast
  • StarchildHypocrethes 26 Mar 2013 22:43:36 25,412 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Doesn't show enough sponsors.
  • Psychotext 26 Mar 2013 23:56:47 53,808 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    The fact is that on every page Psycho for the past, well, I don't know, you've pretty much posted the exact same thing. It's like an infatuation.

I genuinely don't think people are going to agree. Constantly posting the same stuff is unlikely to change that fact.
    It's really quite irrelevant if people agree or not. Anyone who has been watching racing for as long as the regulars here knows full well that there's no way a driver is giving a win up without a fight.

What Vettel did is shitty, of that there is no doubt whatsoever (nor any argument), but to state that he passed Webber and Webber just sat there, didn't fight and kept his engine lowered is beyond laughable.

That he was on the wrong tires at the end was entirely his choice (just like it was Vettel's stupid choice to swap to dry tyres too early). If you're going to compromise your strategy then you can't really expect there not to be ramifications.

In much the same way Hamilton should have been punished for burning off too much fuel whilst Rosberg was conservative and left enough for a storming final stint.
  • altitude2k 27 Mar 2013 06:13:10 3,758 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    http://m1354.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/Jordan_DeYoung/BGN3u1GCUAAnmW2_zps0a690d67.jpg.html
  • jellyBelly 27 Mar 2013 06:54:12 354 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    altitude2k wrote:
    http://m1354.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/Jordan_DeYoung/BGN3u1GCUAAnmW2_zps0a690d67.jpg.html
    Oh dear, that is excellent

PSN:lumulata, NN Dollodon

• Mekanik 27 Mar 2013 18:06:57 3,429 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:

That he was on the wrong tires at the end was entirely his choice (just like it was Vettel's stupid choice to swap to dry tyres too early). If you're going to compromise your strategy then you can't really expect there not to be ramifications.

Was that not a team choice made prior to the race and at the same time as an agreement that after the final pit stops the positions would be held?

Regardless, Vettel passed Webber and the difference in tyres was enough for Vettel to relatively easily pass Webber, but I also think Webber backed out and chose not to hang Vettel out to dry on the corner where Vettel actually finished his pass. Any other driver, any other team, and I think MW would have.

Next race will be interesting. Webbers last season in a RBR? Most certainly. MW causing friction for the rest of the season? I doubt that. Webber has too much self respect to cause that much problems internally I would have hoped.

Edited by Mekanik at 18:07:16 27-03-2013
  • Psychotext 27 Mar 2013 18:25:31 53,808 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    After the final pitstops they were side by side, but apparently the decision was made before that point.
  • AaronTurner 27 Mar 2013 18:56:26 7,591 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm not sure if the harder tyres were Webber's choice.
  • Psychotext 27 Mar 2013 21:18:44 53,808 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm still not entirely sure why the teams bothered with both sets given they could use any tyres they wanted after starting on inters.

Edit - Just checked, apparently Webber didn't have any new mediums left.

Edited by Psychotext at 21:58:31 27-03-2013
  • altitude2k 28 Mar 2013 20:19:38 3,758 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Having watched it all back on the F1 Show, I'm absolutely convinced it was the right thing to do for Ross Brawn to make his decision and stick to it.

Also, there's plenty of people saying Webber didn't help Vettel in Brazil, but he quite blatantly lets him pass later in the race. And despite proving he had the edge, he never really threatened Vettel's position in Silverstone the year before. Good analysis, SS.

Edited by altitude2k at 20:37:03 28-03-2013
  • Psychotext 28 Mar 2013 21:06:19 53,808 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I still really can't see how that was fair on Rosberg. Hamilton has a fuel problem, sure, but there's really nothing to point to the fact that Rosberg had one other than Brawn suggesting it. Rosberg certainly didn't feel like he did.
  • altitude2k 28 Mar 2013 21:20:54 3,758 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's more about making a decision and sticking to it. Being all fluffy and changeable is not what you want out of team principle. If the fuel saving was happening at the beginning of the race then fair enough, but he made a decision in the closing stages and stuck to it, minimising any potential risk of losing their best points haul which could have gone awfully wrong with only a few laps left.
  • Psychotext 28 Mar 2013 21:24:17 53,808 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    He certainly made it clear that he wasn't going to take any bullshit. Sounded like he was talking to a child. :D
  • altitude2k 28 Mar 2013 21:38:04 3,758 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    To be fair, he could probably eat Nico and have Lewis for dessert. Does not like someone with which to fuck!

It's great seeing the two techniques employed by Brawn (forceful) and Horner (nicey nicey). If Rosberg and Vettel were actually kids and the principles were their dads, I know which would end up a criminal and which would grow up straight as an arrow.

Edited by altitude2k at 21:42:34 28-03-2013
  • Nth 28 Mar 2013 22:58:24 3,118 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Christian Horner should be replaced by Chuck Norris.
  • Bremenacht 28 Mar 2013 23:08:32 17,613 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That Marko chappy has announced that everything is tickety-boo at RB now. Hands were shaken, so they must be just fine.
  • superdelphinus 28 Mar 2013 23:13:07 8,016 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    shamblemonkee wrote:
    @Bremenacht Yeah, i really don't know why we don't get more of the on-board feeds in the world broadcast
    I watched the whole race back the other day through the on-track mix and it was brilliant. Say what you want about Massa but he definitely gives it some full commitment. Seriously considering watching the next race like that
  • Bremenacht 28 Mar 2013 23:31:02 17,613 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It gives me some joy to see him cool and committed again.

Him and Hamilton are the purest racers on the track, to me.
  • superdelphinus 29 Mar 2013 00:04:53 8,016 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Rosberg was being very weird with the gears all race - doing all the braking then rapidly changing down gears right in the apex. Don't know whether they were testing fuel consumption benefit or engine stress or something.

You certainly see a lot more of the individual driving styles that way. Hamilton is very very smooth quite surprisingly, though he was tending to make very late, strong turning inputs on the slow corners. Massa was just pushing like crazy and looked so fast. I don't know what the timings were like (he was on the feed for a lot of the last quarter) but he seemed fastest. Kimi seemed slow and every lap looked different for him. The other main thing was that the red bull drivers have it so easy on the steering wheel than anyone else, never any corrections or anything for either of them. Definitely recommend watching a race like that, though you barely have any idea what's going on (though it keeps the main feed in the bottom corner as well).
  • Psychotext 29 Mar 2013 00:47:04 53,808 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Two TVs!
  • Page

of 825 First / Last