Steam and direct download sales Page 482

  • Page

    of 736 First / Last

  • Armoured_Bear 5 Jan 2013 00:44:17 15,607 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Looks like SIne Mora will be my final sale purchase...
  • Armoured_Bear 5 Jan 2013 10:06:24 15,607 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Maybe not, I was hoping to get Dishonored and Walking Dead at 75% but I might end up jumping in at the 50% off today.
  • liamthemaster 5 Jan 2013 10:10:18 1,629 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The sale has been extended apparently until sunday and they'll have bigger discounts on the biggest games of the sale,from cheapassgamer.
  • BillMurray 5 Jan 2013 11:11:53 8,528 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Haven't made a single purchase this sale but Sleeping Dogs at a tenner Looks quite appealing.
  • Armoured_Bear 5 Jan 2013 11:13:28 15,607 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    BillMurray wrote:
    Haven't made a single purchase this sale but Sleeping Dogs at a tenner Looks quite appealing.
    I got it for a fiver on Ebay, have a look there. There are loads of keys from GPU bundles about.
  • BillMurray 5 Jan 2013 11:25:32 8,528 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    BillMurray wrote:
    Haven't made a single purchase this sale but Sleeping Dogs at a tenner Looks quite appealing.
    I got it for a fiver on Ebay, have a look there. There are loads of keys from GPU bundles about.
    That sounds much more appealing, cheers.
  • EvilW 5 Jan 2013 12:28:10 107 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    BillMurray wrote:
    Haven't made a single purchase this sale but Sleeping Dogs at a tenner Looks quite appealing.
    I got it for a fiver on Ebay, have a look there. There are loads of keys from GPU bundles about.
    can you give us a link? In the last few days I've tried to search for something like "sleeping dogs steam key" and so on, but i didn't find anything
  • ZuluHero 5 Jan 2013 12:49:51 4,905 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah somw are going for as much as 18. theres on on for bidding, currently at 99p, but with 9 hours left that will shoot up. And theres another currently up to 7.99.

    im just gonna get it off steam. a tenner isnt bad and its better yhan all the hassle!
  • Lexx87 5 Jan 2013 13:02:13 20,853 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    There's a lot of game in there, it's really great.
  • rtk79 5 Jan 2013 13:24:28 501 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lexx87 wrote:
    There's a lot of game in there, it's really great.
    20 hours for a sandbox thing doesn't seem like a lot to me.
    I'd recommend waiting for a much lower price, as Sleeping Dogs is the single most "soul-less" and derivative game I've ever played.
    Why people like it so, I'll never understand.
  • Deleted user 5 January 2013 13:38:36
    I like it because it's good, you don't and that's fine but it's far from soul-less and is no more derivative that 98% of games.
  • Armoured_Bear 5 Jan 2013 13:39:01 15,607 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Sorry guys, a few weeks ago there were plenty of them going cheap, sorry for getting your hopes up.
  • Psychotext 5 Jan 2013 13:51:36 58,592 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hmm... Trine franchise worth having? Seems like it.
  • andytheadequate 5 Jan 2013 13:56:46 8,810 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've only played trine 2 but I didn't like it at all. Many others did though.

    And sleeping dogs is excellent value for 10
  • onestepfromlost 5 Jan 2013 13:58:58 2,321 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    I've only played trine 2 but I didn't like it at all. Many others did though.

    And sleeping dogs is excellent value for 10
    since you got your gaming pc seems like youve played everything now andy :) where do you find the time?

    Edited by onestepfromlost at 13:59:45 05-01-2013
  • MrSensible 5 Jan 2013 13:59:26 26,163 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    rtk79 wrote:
    Lexx87 wrote:
    There's a lot of game in there, it's really great.
    20 hours for a sandbox thing doesn't seem like a lot to me.
    I'd recommend waiting for a much lower price, as Sleeping Dogs is the single most "soul-less" and derivative game I've ever played.
    Why people like it so, I'll never understand.
    It has a great setting, interesting characters and all the sandbox stuff with non of the fat. I thought it was pretty much perfect! I just completed it ten minutes ago. I'd love a sequel but not sure if that'll happen.
  • rtk79 5 Jan 2013 14:05:46 501 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Mr-Brett wrote:
    I like it because it's good, you don't and that's fine but it's far from soul-less and is no more derivative that 98% of games.
    Being derivative in order to further the collective mind-frame or form is fine, of course. That's progress. Taking random bits and pieces from "the masters" (in this case : Infernal Affairs, the Rocksteady Batman, GTA, etc.) without actually furthering anything, or making these elements dance to your own tune, so to speak, is exploitative and dull. Not bad or morally wrong, but dull.
    Dishonored is every bit as derivative in its gameplay, and predictable in its story, as Sleeping Dogs, but the world they've managed to convey justifies it, sets it anew somehow. Ten minutes in, you've seen everything Sleeping Dogs has to offer.
    As I said, I did get 20 hours out of it, so it must have gotten something right, but it did feel very underwhelming given what the setting allowed.

    Edited by rtk79 at 14:11:32 05-01-2013
  • Lexx87 5 Jan 2013 14:27:06 20,853 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    thefilthandthefury wrote:
    rtk79 wrote:
    Lexx87 wrote:
    There's a lot of game in there, it's really great.
    20 hours for a sandbox thing doesn't seem like a lot to me.
    I'd recommend waiting for a much lower price, as Sleeping Dogs is the single most "soul-less" and derivative game I've ever played.
    Why people like it so, I'll never understand.
    It has a great setting, interesting characters and all the sandbox stuff with non of the fat. I thought it was pretty much perfect! I just completed it ten minutes ago. I'd love a sequel but not sure if that'll happen.
    How great is the final execution :D
  • graysonavich 5 Jan 2013 14:27:55 7,837 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Jesus teh voice acting in R.U.S.E is /awful/
  • Pinky_Floyd 5 Jan 2013 15:33:56 11,231 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    graysonavich wrote:
    Jesus teh voice acting in R.U.S.E is /awful/
    what's the actual game like sweetie?
  • andytheadequate 5 Jan 2013 15:36:16 8,810 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    onestepfromlost wrote:
    andytheadequate wrote:
    I've only played trine 2 but I didn't like it at all. Many others did though.

    And sleeping dogs is excellent value for 10
    since you got your gaming pc seems like youve played everything now andy :) where do you find the time?
    I have trine on the Xbox...

    And I'm a huge geek who plays too many games!
  • onestepfromlost 5 Jan 2013 16:20:54 2,321 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    onestepfromlost wrote:
    andytheadequate wrote:
    I've only played trine 2 but I didn't like it at all. Many others did though.

    And sleeping dogs is excellent value for 10
    since you got your gaming pc seems like youve played everything now andy :) where do you find the time?
    I have trine on the Xbox...

    And I'm a huge geek who plays too many games!
    and not two hours to spare to watch aliens, sigh. :p
  • speed182 5 Jan 2013 16:22:57 1,011 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    rtk79 wrote:
    Lexx87 wrote:
    There's a lot of game in there, it's really great.
    20 hours for a sandbox thing doesn't seem like a lot to me.
    I'd recommend waiting for a much lower price, as Sleeping Dogs is the single most "soul-less" and derivative game I've ever played.
    Why people like it so, I'll never understand.
    Couldn't disagree more.
    I got 30 hours out of it without DLC and it was my GOTY.
  • INSOMANiAC 5 Jan 2013 17:17:29 3,958 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I dont care what any of you people think about anything. There, I said it.
  • LockeTribal 5 Jan 2013 17:20:28 4,625 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Woohoo! Nothing bought in the Steam sale! There really should be a steam badge for this.
  • Deleted user 5 January 2013 17:30:25
    LockeTribal wrote:
    Woohoo! Nothing bought in the Steam sale! There really should be a steam badge for this.
    Same here! I look, thought 'nah' and actually bought nothing! It's a miracle, I tell thee.
  • Carbon_Altered 5 Jan 2013 17:54:59 803 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    In my defence, I've only just built a PC capable of playing games, but Steam have shaken me down for:

    Rage
    Max Payne 3
    Dishonoured
    Chivalry
    Planetside 2 (free for now, but can see cash going on it soon)
  • Deleted user 5 January 2013 17:57:07
    Nothing bought in the Steam sale but plenty activated on it from other, cheaper sources. If it wasn't for the fact that most of the games bought elsewhere activated on Steam anyway then they'd actually have competition.
  • Page

    of 736 First / Last

Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.