What are you currently playing? Page 225

• Page

of 238 First / Last

• Darth_Flibble 29 Dec 2013 12:14:56 1,507 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    AC4: still playing it and loving it. the developers need to fix the main problems of the character handling still. they tweak it each year but it needs more development time.

Brothers: Just started it as got it in the sale, lovely game

got: state of decay, wolf among us ep1 and castlevania MOF on the pile to play next

Given up on:
    NFS rivals: in the post tomorrow to its new owner. NFS still has its nasty cheap AI, elastic banding racers from 2005 most wanted. Some times its fair to play as the cops but the shit AI (other cop cars) will just plough into you fucking your car up and even wrecking it. At least past games like Most wanted and undercover had some story. Rvials is just shit and despite what some EA fanboy may say, its not the developers trolling the gamer. from the GB review
    here's still enough dialogue to make both sides sound like lunatics, with the racer constantly sounding like he's just shy of trading his cars in for guns and forming a proper militia while the cop sounds like he took the job just to crack skulls with a billy club. Either way, the writers should probably seek therapy.
    the story parts takes it self so serious, its laughable but not in a good way.

Shoot many robots: free game off XBLA and fucking shit
  • Defecationqueen 29 Dec 2013 12:19:38 168 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Ni No Kuni - and it's farcking wanderfewl.
  • Maya2017 29 Dec 2013 13:30:31 4 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    Yeah AC4 is awesome game and good news is now that it's PS4 game of the year game
  • DrStrangelove 29 Dec 2013 22:27:03 2,566 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Zelda: Link's Awakening. Great game, but...

Why do you have to scroll through the same texts thousands of times? I mean, "you got a power thingy, you can feel your power blah blah", "blah blah blah half damage blah blah"? The two boys told me five times at length what happened to Bow-Wow. Whenever I find a compass, it tells me how this one is improved because it makes a sound whenever there's a hidden key in a room blah blah... bosses tell me the same thing several times within the battle. The game is fucking crowded with the same four or five texts.

Most awfully, moving against any object without claw/boots always starts a painfully long monologue about how it seems too heavy or some other shit.

Don't they playtest their games? And why not?
  • Raiko101 4 Jan 2014 19:31:40 5,576 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D

I remember saying, many years ago, that i'd have happily forked out 30 for the Mercenaries mode in Resident Evil 4. Fortunately I didn't try this mode out until I had completed the main game, as when I finally got around to it, I was hooked. Literally, I must have played this mode for weeks.

When 'The Mercenaries' first came out on 3DS, however, I thought 30 was pretty damn steep and was a rather cheeky thing for Capcom to do. It turns out that it was quite a cheeky thing to do, even though the game remains as enjoyable as ever.

I picked this game up for 4.50 on the eShop just last week (It's still going at that price until Thursday, I believe) and i've had a blast with it. I'm not sure i'm a big fan of how the game is structured, but the action and the tension remain a big draw.

To cut a long story short: It's great fun. The controls are solid. It looks pretty good, except for the distant animation stuttering (which doesn't really ruin the experience). It's definitely worth 4.50, though. 10 would be more than a reasonable price, in all honesty.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• hypoBla5t 4 Jan 2014 21:38:35 1,273 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Final Fantasy VIII:

Very surprised. Played VII for the first time last year and enjoyed it, but this is totally different. The Materia system was cool but Drawing magic is really addictive and Triple Triad is amazing. The synergy of the different systems is really cool too.

Also just started today:

Heavy Rain
    The Typing of the Dead

Too early to say about either tbh.
  • Gunzberg 4 Jan 2014 22:06:02 936 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Stick it to the man

Enjoying it so far. Nice vibe and humour

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• chrisno21 6 Jan 2014 11:49:53 1,352 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm having a lot of Ninty love these last couple of weeks.

I bought myself Mario 3D world, which is great.
    For Christmas I was given Pikmin 3 which is superb - I always found Pikmin fun and frustrating but I'm loving this one.
    Mario and Luigi dream team which is very good and hogging my 3ds time. Which is a shame as I also received Zelda Link between worlds - which, when just giving it a try, lasted 4 hours.

I'm also enjoying AC4 on PS4, but Ninty have reignited some gaming joy over the Christmas break with 4 top games.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• imamazed 6 Jan 2014 13:26:40 5,455 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Finishing off Beyond which is great one minute, terrible the next. Getting a little bored tbh, but I think I'm near the end. Also, going through my guilty pleasure - WWE2K14 - the wrestlemania mode is fantastic, but the gameplay is pretty ropey now. Also plugging away at Broken Sword 5 on Vita.

Then onto Ass Creed IV on PS4!
  • Vortex808 6 Jan 2014 14:03:35 6,573 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Battlefield 4 MP mostly, along with a little bit of Resogun and contrast.

I am also playing far more LBP and Sonic racing on the Vita than I expected. (My son is less pleased about this.
  • FatSternKikwi 6 Jan 2014 14:29:31 282 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Zelda link between worlds: really fun to play but not a very memorable world or story. Still havin a great time with it.

Pikmin 3. Never played any of the previous games but I'm in love with this. Beautiful and brilliant gameplay. Pretty stressful at times with can be the result of some poor pathfinding at times. Iv lost 250 pikmin so far and every loss is a dagger to the heart. Not recommended for little kids, i would have cried for sure.
  • warlockuk 6 Jan 2014 14:47:01 19,103 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just started playing Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon. Gold.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• TheMayorOfJugs 12 Jan 2014 10:24:33 2,314 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    Tales of Graces f.

Bought it in the psn sale. Charming so far.
    Finding the activation of Artes a bit random but hopefully I'll get better.
  • TOOTR 12 Jan 2014 13:06:15 9,473 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Playing Civilization V on the pc. First pc game I've played in years. I think since Guild Wars in 2007.

It's consuming me. I am going to have to enforce time limits around it or I will slide out of life.

Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

• DUFFMAN5 12 Jan 2014 15:37:48 13,828 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bulletstorm. Couple of hours in and it is ok.

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Wavey 12 Jan 2014 15:48:09 262 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Rayman Legends, Assassins Creed 4 and Final Fantasy XIV for me :)
  • Raiko101 12 Jan 2014 15:58:49 5,576 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The Denpa Men (3DS)

This is one of a string of games I bought on the eShop nearly a year ago, but never got around to playing (thanks to Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem). It's actually quite an enjoyable dungeon RPG. It's got plenty of charm and is perfect for short burst gameplay. Will have to download a demo of the second, once i've finished this one!

• drhickman1983 12 Jan 2014 16:02:12 106 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Xcom: Enemy Within.

Enemy Unknown was great, this is even better. There are a few bugs, mostly graphical, on the 360 version. Despite that it could easily be my favourite game that's appeared on that console.
  • Greggy_wocky 12 Jan 2014 16:50:30 9 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Post deleted
  • Donk10 12 Jan 2014 18:15:00 96 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    Im really struggling to get 'into' anything right now, I actually think I might have too many games right now or the fact that I cant get comfitable playing on my pc.

Games playing ish....

Battlefield 4
    Arkham origins
    Castlevania: The lords of shadow
    Assassins creed 4
    Skyrim legendary editon
    star conflict
    Boarderlands 2
    Spunlunky
    Dont starve
    Rome total war
    Torchlight 2
    Dishonoured
    Strikefighters 2
  • Raiko101 12 Jan 2014 18:26:15 5,576 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You really need to cut down on your playlist. You'll never have enough time to focus on any of them.

I'd recommend reorganising your list. Put the games you most want to play at the top. Then, pick the top 2 and play those first. Make sure you either complete one of them or get sick of it before moving on to the next game in the list.

Something like Battlefield, which I assume you're playing primarily for the multiplayer, can be the game on the side. Something you can dip in and out of at will, as you cut through your list of games.

• Donk10 12 Jan 2014 18:30:41 96 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    @Raiko101 that's actually a brilliant plan, will do!
  • rockavitch 12 Jan 2014 18:35:46 263 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Pokemon Black. Crazy encounter rate, sometimes only taking 1 step between battles.

Dislike the look of every Pokemon and fed up of seeing the same 2 or 3. Battle system is pretty broken as a lot of times I'm almost one shotted by wild pokemon I have both type and level advantage over.

Will still finish it as off to Hungary on Wed and need something to entertain me while girlfriend speaks to her family (don't speak Hun and they don't speak Eng).

Would much prefer a remake of Red/Blue.

Follow me on Twitter @MikeRockavitch ... from a distance of course ... No fat chicks ...

• Kanjin 12 Jan 2014 19:23:58 964 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    rockavitch wrote:
    Battle system is pretty broken as a lot of times I'm almost one shotted by wild pokemon I have both type and level advantage over.
    I've never actually heard of that problem before, and that game definitely had a few.

Am playing Consortium at the moment after new computer arrived. It's quite good if not ground-breaking. You can play it as a RPG/FPS or just an FPS. Interesting characters even if I can't remember who's who because of the chess-piece designation as well as normal names. Will see how it goes.
  • SamNunn92 12 Jan 2014 19:52:09 114 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The Last of Us, Wind Waker HD, and I have a few hospital visits/stays coming up so saving A Link Between Worlds for that.

TLoU: amazing. Around 25% of the way through, loving it so far.

Wind Waker: also amazing! It's my first 3D Zelda and I'm finding some of the platforming a bit fiddly but not too bad. The Gamepad integration is done really well too.
  • Gunzberg 12 Jan 2014 20:31:11 936 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Playing Skyward Sword after parking it for a while since I got tired of games with motion controls.

Now on the 3rd dungeon, I am back into the Zelda rythym. Definitely one to recommend

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• Deleted user 13 January 2014 08:45:40
    Crysis

Not bad but not amazing. Reckon I'll just blast through it to clear it off the backlog. Looks pretty although quite a few glitches already with floating soldiers and other weird defects.

Left 4 Dead 2

Good to pick up for a quick game but lacks depth and already it feels repetitive.

Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night (still)

Bloody hard now. Sitting at about 160% complete so far. Not going to bother going for the full 200 as just want it finished now. Reverse castle not as much fun.
  • hax1 13 Jan 2014 13:08:31 16 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    CS:GO

It's competitive aspect is absolutely amazing. The game has a crazy high skill ceiling and it's pretty damn addictive.
  • Physically_Insane 13 Jan 2014 13:26:49 7,873 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Left 4 Dead lacks depth!? Pfft!

Edited by Physically_Insane at 13:27:10 13-01-2014
  • ScandinavianStar 14 Jan 2014 10:17:08 13 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    Just finished Bioshock and its a great world but th game itself is a little boring compared to the first one.

Im also playing NHL14 and GTA V but the next game I will add is probably Sleeping dogs since it was free on XBL this month.
  • Page

of 238 First / Last