What are you currently playing? Page 211

• Page

of 237 First / Last

• Humperfunk 15 Oct 2013 22:43:55 1,606 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Love Jetpack Joyride, I've played the iPhone and vita versions. Might have to boot it up on PS3 for the big screen!

Finished Beyond Two Souls the other day and managed to plough through eight seasons of Dexter in six weeks which I finished yesterday so kind of in limbo until Batman and Rocksmith come out next week, can't't be arsed with FIFA14 so think its Ratchet Gladiator for now, maybe try and finish Splinter Cell also...

Fuck it, Dark Souls it is.

PSN & NNID: Wedjwants

• vijay_UK 15 Oct 2013 23:16:11 1,670 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Star Trek Birth of the Federation
    Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic

Both still great; newer stuff is boring the shit out of me.
  • Matt36 16 Oct 2013 13:37:56 1,170 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Gone back to a few things

Skyrim - I have a few lose ends I want to finish.
    Simpsons Tapped Out - Halloween update :D
    GTA V - Tried online, got sick of being killed by randomers. Gone back to offline.

Edited by Matt36 at 02:27:04 17-10-2013
  • BeardedGamerUK 16 Oct 2013 20:50:14 1,001 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    Currently playing Borderlands Zombie Island of Doctor Ned and Lego Pirates of the Caribbean :D Both great fun :) I don't want to play anything serious at the moment.
  • DUFFMAN5 16 Oct 2013 20:54:13 13,808 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    AC Revs. Only an hour or so in but enjoying mucho, I enjoy walking around and buying up stuff. I have just completed the first "tower defence" game, which was fine. Looking forward to ACIV

I have downloaded Halo 3, so might have a little play on that as well

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• StrikeForce 17 Oct 2013 11:09:19 56 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Picked up a few games I'd been waiting to play on a 3 for 2 deal at Game. Castlevania: LOS, Need for Speed: Most Wanted and Hitman: Absolution (it was a very colon-heavy selection of games on offer).

Decided to start with Castlevania. Just done the first chapter. Bit unsure about it so far. Not got used to the fixed camera and redundant right thumbstick - seems quite old school to me. Graphics and music are nice, although the animation seems a bit off - shampoo model Gabriel seems to move a bit too fast and jerkily around the environment which jars a bit with the beautiful, peaceful environments. The gameplay hasn't really taken off yet, the fighting seems uninspired (nice boss fight though) and the levels are just static corridors. Acting seems pretty terrible, but I'm kind of enjoying the story so far.

I've heard the game is a "flawed gem", I'm hoping that the gem part doesn't just refer to the graphics and that the flaws aren't all in the gameplay or I might be starting Hitman sooner rather than later...
  • Armoured_Bear 17 Oct 2013 11:59:24 8,748 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Still on Dark Souls...
    Hopefully it will end soon..

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Mola_Ram 17 Oct 2013 12:26:43 6,232 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Could you stop moaning about it? If it really shits you that much, then just stop playing already.
  • Armoured_Bear 17 Oct 2013 12:53:25 8,748 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Could you stop moaning about it? If it really shits you that much, then just stop playing already.
    I'm not moaning, it doesn't shit me that much but I, like many, have a Love/Hate relationship with the game.

• Deleted user 17 October 2013 12:57:26
    I'm still playing the shitting fantastic doom 3 bfg edition.

Major irk is this mounted flashlight. Really don't like it and much preferred the old way. It completely ruins the fantastic effort that was put into the ambient lighting and stuff. I know I could just not use it but it's there isn't it. Don't recall the weapon sounds being so weedy either but that's it in terms of complaints. Deeper into Delta I go! I'm basically running around with my chainsaw.
  • Deleted user 17 October 2013 12:58:48
    @Armoured_Bear I was ready for it to end by the time I finished it.

Promptly went into ng+ and also started a new char. Just prepare for the fact it might not let go of you...
  • King_Edward 17 Oct 2013 13:01:03 11,454 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Beyond: 2 Souls.

I love David Cage, but this shit's a mess.
  • Armoured_Bear 17 Oct 2013 13:42:00 8,748 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    BillCityfingers wrote:
    @Armoured_Bear I was ready for it to end by the time I finished it.

Promptly went into ng+ and also started a new char. Just prepare for the fact it might not let go of you...
    I don't think that will happen, Ive spent 100 hours on it now and that tends to be more than enough no matter how good the game is.
    Its been amazing but I want to finish soon and have loads of other stuff I want to play.
    You never know though :-)

• PazJohnMitch 17 Oct 2013 14:51:10 7,260 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I had to physically tear myself away from Dark Souls when I finished it. It took a lot of effort to remove the disc, more than any other game.
  • Deleted user 17 October 2013 17:12:37
    I still automatically navigate towards dark souls in my game list before playing anything. But yes you may well have had enough after 100 hours. My first run through war about 60 so I wasn't too fatigued.

Still reckon you'll play on a bit at some stage though!! I reckon first playthrough gives you some understanding of the game then subsequent playthroughs to let your hair down so to speak.

Edited by BillCityfingers at 17:12:59 17-10-2013
  • DUFFMAN5 17 Oct 2013 17:19:21 13,808 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm getting to that too many games just started/on line modes to try and play feeling :(

For some OCD reason I hate when I have too much choice, I know I don't have to play them!

I have toyed with AC Revs, Halo 3, Splinter Cell BL the past couple of days, I have GTA and GTAO ongoing as well as Gears3 mp and GearsJ mp and Risen2.

Need to sack a couple.I think I would like the Online of ACR but no one was playing this morning. I'm thinking of getting stuck into ACIV online as soon as I get it.

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 17:55:43 17-10-2013

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• TOOTR 17 Oct 2013 17:51:42 9,473 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Really enjoying Diablo III still at the moment. It's keeping me away from my backlog.

Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

• -cerberus- 23 Oct 2013 23:54:11 2,095 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Dishonoured's GOTY edition doesn't seem to grab me as much as I wanted it to. Not sure why, I can't quite put my finger on it. The controls feel fine, story's intriguing, I love the art style (though the game's fairly ugly in places) - I guess I'm not in the mood for this type of game now...
    Anyway, there are some sales on GOG & PSN so I decided to buy a handful of other games: The Swapper, DATURA and Resident Evil Code: Veronica X HD. That should keep me busy for a while until I feel the need to return to Dishonoured...
    Already finished DATURA though. It's barely playable with the Dual Shock controller but I found this game to be quite interesting with its ambiguous story and stunning visuals. Planning a second playthrough tomorrow to connect the dots.

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• pigsy2400 24 Oct 2013 00:00:43 153 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Rollcage on ps1 lol, love it
  • Deleted user 24 October 2013 00:01:17
    Vorpal

In between my old school blast-a-thon of Quake IV Doom 3, Wolfenstein and Quake Arena, I had a go of Vorpal. I originally picked this up on XBLIG a few months ago, it's about 70p and well worth it. Surprised myself by finishing it for the first time ever, and there's only five rounds per game. It puts the hell in bullet hell though.

Surprisingly addictive and well worth it if you like your shooters.
  • Dombat 24 Oct 2013 01:50:58 209 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    GTAV (360) - very good, but the novelty is wearing off now. I agree with a lot of comments on here about the story not being great and there being too many dull missions. The world itself and the range of activities is excellent, Rockstar really set the standard in this department. Will try out online once I finish the story, hopefully that will be more fun for a while.

Dishonored (PC) - Really enjoying this game, and I'm taking my time with it. People complaining about the game's length must be rushing through it like a pure action game. There's enough to do without the game being bloated, and I like the options on how to approach combat and missions.

Rayman Origins (Vita) - so much fun, I'm not the biggest platformer fan but this is my favourite I've played I think. Will try Legends eventually.
  • Gunzberg 24 Oct 2013 01:51:02 929 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Giving Path of Exile a spin

It does a lot right and a lot not so right. Not ready to give up on it quite yet.

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• spamdangled 24 Oct 2013 01:53:39 27,197 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Out of interest, what do you think it doesn't do right? I'm an on-off player of it and a fan of the genre in general, so pretty interested to hear people's views on it.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Reacher 24 Oct 2013 02:06:47 542 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The main thins I don't like about Path of Exile is the map. Other than that it's a fairly solid game.

It's not as good as Torchlight 2 though, which I am really in to at the moment.
  • spamdangled 24 Oct 2013 02:19:17 27,197 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I plunged around 100 hours into Torchlight 2 a couple months back, but lost interest at the endgame. The endgame dungeons just weren't interesting, and the loot wasn't varied enough. The cartoony casual-friendly presentation and generally terrible writing didn't help. In terms of variety it fell down too - Here's the standard "haunted forest". Here's the desert area. Here's the standard introductory dungeon area.

I do like the companion pet though that makes vendor trips much easier, a mechanic it borrowed from Dungeon Siege.

Definitely enjoyed it - must have done, to have spent so much time playing it, as I'm not a masochist that plays games that long if I don't enjoy them - but it was definitely overrated, and most certainly rode a wave (which the dev painfully obviously took advantage of) of ill will around the direction Blizzard were revealed to be taking with D3 at the time.

In short - good ARPG, but not a patch on D2, D3, Titan Quest or PoE.

I quite like Adventures of Van Helsing actually, give that a shot if you're a fan of the genre.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• drhcnip 24 Oct 2013 05:07:52 2,266 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @pigsy2400

great game, though rollcage 2 was my particular fave
  • n2dpun 24 Oct 2013 05:12:10 1 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    Currently playing nothing. Might start playing Starcraft2 again, but I'm really waiting for hearthstone.
  • Gunzberg 24 Oct 2013 10:15:38 929 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Out of interest, what do you think it doesn't do right? I'm an on-off player of it and a fan of the genre in general, so pretty interested to hear people's views on it.
    Things I dislike about PoE:

- 100% shit map
    - far too small inventory with far too many bulky items forcing u to buy a TP scroll to town to sell which gives you if lucky some wisdom scrolls which you need to trade for another TP scroll. Makes the game needlessly frustrating. THIS REALLY BUGS ME
    - When you join a party you are not automatically ported to their location and if no one has a TP scroll, well good luck ever catching up to them
    - Titan Quest gave you free Portals to town, Torchlight 2 had a Pet, Diablo 3 has a smarter inventory but PoE can't get even these old time basics or improvements right
    - oh you picked up a 2H weapon or are dual wielding ? Sorry Mr. Player, all your skills but auto-attack are now disabled. fuck you PoE
    - 50% of players online defending utterly shit design choices by stating the game is free. Well free doesn't mean there is no Room for Improvement
    -Lore is so-so

Things I like:

- Skill tree
    - Multiplayer aspect
    - Gameplay itself is quite fun and imo better than Titan Quest (which is the other action RPG I have at the moment is just super boring)
    - The gem system is alright but certainly not fully thought out
    - It is still a free game, so no issues dumping it for some months and coming back later or not at all

• Madder-Max 24 Oct 2013 10:17:04 11,566 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Was playing gta online a lot but seriously debating whether to sell the thing.

Level 26 and every fucking mission is designed for coop. I work unsocial hours and can't use the headset as I will wake the missus up as she is a light sleeper. Not a big fan of coop either and at least with red dead the coop missions were optional.

Imo rockstar are missing the point that gta games were never a social or coop experience.

There really isn't much to do to earn money outside of missions apart from racing....which sucks balls because I always end up shunted to the back or there are laggy twats zipping ahead.

The whole ingame economy is fucked up and suprise suprise bawsdaq doesn't work in online. Hmmmmmm I wonder why. Oh yeah. Cash pack dl fucking c and the promised stimulus ingame cash still has not materialised.

Its going back in its case for a while so I will be mostly playing bkack ops 2 and dipping into fallout 3, oblivion and Skyrim.

99 problems and being ginger is one

• Gunzberg 24 Oct 2013 10:17:14 929 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Also I need to second that Van Helsing commment. Picked it up on a budget and it is certainly a very smooth and enjoyable game. More so than PoE.

• Page

of 237 First / Last