What are you currently playing? Page 190

• Page

of 238 First / Last

• Mola_Ram 5 May 2013 12:17:20 6,258 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Speaking of which, why do some consoles continue to have a Select button? There's one on my 3DS, but I cannot remember ever having to press it for anything.
  • espibara 5 May 2013 12:43:15 4,161 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Luigis Mansion 2 .....its so brilliant

Caladrius (Xbox 360) a Jap import 2D shooter, okay so far and very pretty, but still figuring out the scoring mechanics.
  • Trafford 5 May 2013 12:49:02 5,275 posts
    Seen 7 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Enjoying Dragon's Dogma a lot.

Also playing The Last Guy on PSN, a bizzare, dark, funny arcade game with echoes of Snake and Googlemaps.
  • JinTypeNoir 5 May 2013 12:59:02 4,365 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Speaking of which, why do some consoles continue to have a Select button? There's one on my 3DS, but I cannot remember ever having to press it for anything.
    I imagine its there for backwards compatibility with the DS and Virtual Console games.
  • Mola_Ram 5 May 2013 13:10:20 6,258 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Ah. Fair enough. Still seems a bit archaic though! I don't even know what the thing selects anymore. :)
  • JinTypeNoir 5 May 2013 13:29:58 4,365 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It think it would be cool if Nintendo implemented alternative soundtracks on the 3DS and the select button would select original, arranged or user-made soundtracks.
  • damagedinc 5 May 2013 15:00:54 633 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    hypoBla5t wrote:
    I think I've settled on 3 as the magic number of games to have on the go at once:

Soul Sacrifice
    Neverwinter
    Deadly Premonition

All ace.
    Deadly premonition actually any good? I know some rave about it but gameplay vids look awful
  • Mola_Ram 5 May 2013 15:16:07 6,258 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    You don't really play Deadly Premonition for the gameplay. It's one of those "so bad it's good" kind of deals. Except that the story itself really is rather good, in a bonkers Twin Peaks kind of way.
  • King_Edward 5 May 2013 18:15:32 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @DarkSpaceDS

Most games use it for something or other. Never understood why it's called a SELECT button though.
  • lukejones 5 May 2013 18:28:09 405 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Bioshock Infinite on 1999 mode. Jesus Fucking Christ.

The game was pretty easy sailing until I got to the Lady Comstock ghost section. I died 30 times on the second time you meet her.
  • Syrette 5 May 2013 18:34:07 41,902 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The glorious Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time, followed up by the rest of Blood Dragon.

Then when I'm done with those I'm going to get the final King Washington AC3 DLC out of the way (a chore tbh, been mediocre thus far) and then it's Ni No Kuni till Metro: Last Light comes out. Think I'll have to play Ni No Kuni in chunks, haven't got the time or the discipline to stick to a JRPG to completion at the moment.

• hypoBla5t 5 May 2013 22:44:03 1,268 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    You don't really play Deadly Premonition for the gameplay. It's one of those "so bad it's good" kind of deals. Except that the story itself really is rather good, in a bonkers Twin Peaks kind of way.
    Usually I'm a hater of 'so bad it's good' and insist on labelling stuff in that category as 'shit'. Deadly Premonition, however, just feels different. The basic systems are clunky and either too basic or too convoluted but for me it all just fits together nicely as one weird dysfunctional whole. It's like Resi 4 on acid, with some low killer7 and maybe even Shenmue vibes thrown in. Loving it so far.
  • Armoured_Bear 5 May 2013 22:53:22 8,751 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Lego City Undercover (Wii U)
    Tomb Raider (PC)
    I've been concentrating more on LCU, will hopefully finish this week and get back to Tomb Raider.
    Then it's either Bioshock Infinite or give the PS3 some Ni No Kuni or Nier love.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Raiko101 5 May 2013 22:59:15 5,551 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @King_Edward Isn't it because the select button used to be for selecting options from a list, rather than simply using up and down on the d-pad?

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• spytech 6 May 2013 09:20:05 8 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    Am currently playing Need For Speed MOstwanted
  • Armoured_Bear 8 May 2013 23:03:32 8,751 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Lego City Undercover (Wii U)
    Tomb Raider (PC)
    I've been concentrating more on LCU, will hopefully finish this week and get back to Tomb Raider.
    Then it's either Bioshock Infinite or give the PS3 some Ni No Kuni or Nier love.
    LCU is finished
    I enjoyed some Tomb Raider which was pretty good despite the ludicrous shielded enemies and predictable plot so far.
    I then gave a go of the first hour of GTA4 (ok) and Just Cause 2 (amazing) both on PC.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Rhaegyr 8 May 2013 23:12:11 1,119 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Company of Heroes (PC)
    Star Wars: KOTOR (PC)
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R: SOC (PC)
    FTL (PC)
    Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)

As you can probably guess I upgraded my PC recently so I've been digging into some older titles that now run beautifully :)

Saying that, Fire Emblem still gets most of my attention - incredible game.
  • King_Edward 9 May 2013 07:41:22 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Dark Souls. Slightly worried now as I'm finding it impossible to play anything else. I put the disc in for the MGS HD collection, and before I hit the title screen I'd taken it out and started another DS character.
  • Deleted user 9 May 2013 09:13:19
    Borderlands 2

Haven't even reached Sanctuary yet and I am already hooked searching for loot and doing side quests.

The enemies seem easier to kill than the first though.

Edited by iHAZaCHEEZ3burger at 09:14:01 09-05-2013
  • monty2k 9 May 2013 10:03:59 240 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Been on a bit of a retro binge recently.

Marathon Trilogy (PC)

Been meaning to play this for a while. It hasn't aged terrifically well but it's very interesting for Halo fans - it has everything; almost-elites, an overpowered pistol, sentinels, an over-complex plot that isn't explained very well and even a horde/firefight mode. Annoyingly it also has the odd sense of momentum from Halo 1.

Duke Nukem Forever (Duke3D mod on PC)

I saw this on the front page a week or so back. It's really quite good. Just to be clear it's a reimagining of the E3 2001 trailer not the 2011 game. The new assault rifle is awesome and really spices combat up a bit. The level designs stretch the game engine to its limits, for example, the motorcycle driving sections are fun but the controls feel a little off. I think I'm near the end and I don't want it to stop. Very, very fun!

Beneath a Steel Sky (PC)

Last time I played this was on some old Amigas in my school's IT lab. I have to admit it took a while to get back into the old "click on everything on the screen and hope that it's relevant in some way" attitude. I can't believe how used I've become to sign-posting in modern games. Really great humour and great writing. Again, I don't want the game to end.
  • Gunzberg 9 May 2013 11:00:52 929 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Bioshock: Infinite and FC3: Blood Dragon.

Once I realised I will spend ages in Dragon's Dogma, I needed some straightforward games to accelerate the backlog clearance.

B:I so far is great but very deja vu and just not the same as Rapture (the Rapture book was also fabulous). Comstock's voice does not sound patrician enough. Still love the art style and the variety to the combat

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• DUFFMAN5 9 May 2013 11:04:33 13,821 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Far Cry 3
    I completed Far Cry3 BD a few nights ago, and fookin loved every minute of it :) So interesting to see the change of pace FC3 standard offers. Only a few hours in, but enjoying a lot.

...Reminds me I never did finish FC2, which I also loved.

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Raiko101 9 May 2013 15:55:44 5,551 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Luigi's Mansion 2

What a game! One of a select few games that genuinely makes backtracking enjoyable. Full of charm, great graphics and some very clever mechanics.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

I'm 50 hours in now. I've completed all the 4-star quests offline, and i'm slowly making my way through the HR3 quests online. This is a massively addictive game that seems simple and archaic at first, but then starts to reveal a hidden depth that requires some immense patience and skill. If ports count, this is my GOTY so far.

Excitebike (Wii U)

Another game that is deceptively basic at first, but with experience comes skill and with skill comes satisfaction and enjoyment. The 3D Classics remake is definitely the version to own if you're a NES fan.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Deleted user 12 May 2013 22:49:03
    System Shock 2

Got the hi res textures and re done models for weapons and npc's and started it on hard. Think I have only done it on normal all those years ago. Wondered how it would fare playing through 14 years later.

Terrifying. Brilliant. Only an hour in but so tense already. Creeping about hoping I don't suddenly have the many charging at me down a corridor.

Nice not to be hand held through a game, I'd forgotten what that feels like and realise just how dumbed down the new shock games are in comparison. This one still shits on them all.
  • addyb 12 May 2013 23:55:18 834 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Currently playing:

Fire Emblem (3DS) - I'm blown away by it. I have never been a fan of turn based games but this has hooked me. Great characters, story and most importantly game mechanics and is also a great fit for a handheld.

Everybody's golf (Vita/PS3) - I love these games. If I only do a quick challenge or daily tourney every couple of days its a game I'll always come back to. Always trying to improve and it really is a deep game underneath the cartoon exterior.

Lego City Undercover (Wii U) - Not actually touched this for a week or 2 but again a game that I'm really surprised at. Briefly played other Lego games before and whilst I thought they were fun, they were also forgettable. LCU though has bags of charm and its got quite addictive unlocking the different disguises and abilities.

I really need to spend some more time with the following:

Limbo (PS3)
    Bit trip presents (Wii U)
    Super Meat boy (PC)
    Borderlands 2 (PC - 2nd playthrough and dlc)
    Corpse Party (vita)

I need to also start BioShock Infinite and blood dragon on the PC as well.

I dont want to even look at my PS+ backlog. Lol
  • drhcnip 12 May 2013 23:57:02 2,269 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    dead island riptide

adored the first & loving this, though it took a while to get going...well over halfway now and in the zombie-mashing groove
  • Anthony_UK 13 May 2013 02:47:46 2,395 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Defiance

Being a console only gamer, I've never played an MMO before full stop. But still I picked this up, even if it was out of morbid curiosity more than anything.

I'm only a few hours in. The menus are totally baffling, the graphics are serviceable at best and have terrible animations, there appear to be bugs aplenty and the servers still seam a bit creaky. But for some reason I'm actually quite enjoying it. After reading the Eurogamer review this afternoon I tend to agree that I can see enough of the game they wanted to make for me to ignore some of the negatives.

Still utterly confused and lost, but I'm having fun at the same time. A cautious thumbs up so far
  • imamazed 13 May 2013 09:38:55 5,455 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just Started Deadly Premonition.

OK, I think I get this. Only done the prologue, so dunno about everything yet, but it's crazy. Yet strangely compelling. The dialogue is suprisingly articulate and yet utterly nonsensical. The sound effects are completely, well, just wrong. Yet it comes across as interesting, not just piss poor.

Hmmm
  • Page

of 238 First / Last