What are you currently playing? Page 188

• Page

of 237 First / Last

• Kanjin 26 Apr 2013 20:23:00 960 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Dragon's Dogma! Now that I've got the hang of it I'm really enjoying it. Steadily motoring my way onwards with only the occasional setback as I die in hilarious bad ways due to me not thinking.

Think I'll finish the vanilla, then pick up Dark Arisen and roll a second character.
  • Vortex808 27 Apr 2013 10:53:17 6,561 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Finally started a little on bioshock Infinite while the defiance servers were down last night. A 'quick half hour' quickly became a couple of hours before I swapped back. It should be fun, but the combat seems a little rosier than I remember in 1&2. Not that it was ever that great anyway, mind. The world is great though not quite as amazing as Rapture so far.

I am already into the frame of mind where i will spend so much time exploring for loot and recordings etc as usual that the game will take me ages to play. :D
  • DUFFMAN5 27 Apr 2013 11:13:41 13,806 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Vortex808
    Hi mate, you are addicted to hording things ;)

I'm about to start (restart) Dragon's Dogma DD
    Playing Uncharted 3 on ps3 and of course Gears.

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• sid92 27 Apr 2013 11:20:23 555 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen
  • Gunzberg 27 Apr 2013 11:25:34 929 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just started Halo 4, good stuff so far

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• Matt36 27 Apr 2013 12:47:08 1,170 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    FIFA 13 - Only 5 achievements left! All obtainable! Going to get 1000Gs for the first time on a FIFA game!

Sleeping Dogs - Can't put it down! Having so much fun! Not overwhelming like GTA can be forgiven for being. Serious but not depressing (GTA IV) and enjoyable the whole time.
  • crashVoodoo 27 Apr 2013 13:22:53 3,821 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Zelda link to the past .. SNES.

As its on my nexus and not having to occupy the TV I've been playing for about 2 hours or so each evening. Love it.

Had it when I was younger but never really got into it but now ... I'm in the dark side trying to rescue the first of x amount of maidens.

a Nexus a day keeps the apple away

• Matt36 27 Apr 2013 18:07:04 1,170 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @crashVoodoo wonderful game, really enjoyed it!
  • sanctusmortis 27 Apr 2013 19:44:55 9,590 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Poker Night 2. The difficulty's upped a lot and the AI is seriously erratic. Pretty much always comes down to me vs Sam in the final stakes. Managed to get 3 of the 5 items but the challenges can be stupid hard - no idea when I'll get to try for my fourth as I have to win a showdown with a flush or higher to qualify :/

Also playing through Stealth Bastard Deluxe on Steam, which is truly brain hurtingly dastardly. Oh, and God Mode.
  • santashi 27 Apr 2013 21:52:15 4,929 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I've gone back to wrap up Corpse Party: Book of Shadows, and I'm actually finding it a wee bit depressing. The descriptions of the various horrible things that happen are insanely graphic. I guess the move to being more of a visual novel has ramped that up by quite a few notches, but it does seem unnecessarily nasty now.

And HOW FREAKING LONG CAN SOMEONE KEEP GOING WHEN THEIR LEGS HAVE BEEN CUT OFF?? It was as if they were broken, not gone. I'm not Googling that, by the way. :p

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Progguitarist 27 Apr 2013 21:54:08 10,316 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I just had a blast on the Rayman challenges app on Wii U. It's ace.
  • SFD 27 Apr 2013 22:05:45 466 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    God of War 3

What a game.... absolutely epic.
  • sirtacos 27 Apr 2013 23:06:48 7,205 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen

I wasn't expecting to love this as much as I do. The world is absolutely sprawling, the environments are gorgeous and drip with atmosphere, the monsters are colossal, and the core mechanics simple but fiendishly addictive. It's only April but this is already my GOTY.
  • sanctusmortis 28 Apr 2013 00:05:01 9,590 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well, all Bounties done in Poker Night 2 on PC. 6 tournament wins from pretty much wrapping the game up totally (I'll need to raise a million in total wins for the final achievement).
  • Anthony_UK 28 Apr 2013 01:45:36 2,390 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Tomb Raider

Amazing stuff so far. My only gripe being that the script and acting is fairly well done and gives Lara a feeling of vulnerability especially in the cut scenes. The problem is that feeling of vulnerably and surviving doesn't translate to the gameplay when your killing hoards of bad guys.

It's not been done before, but what would have sold it so much more would be for example have the animations change over the course of the game. Your first 20 or so stealth or close up kills in general could have been slow and drawn out, with you gradually becoming more efficient as the game progressed. A similar thing with the reloading and use of the bow could have been so effective.

Regardless of this, it's still by far one of the best games I've played this generation so far. The level of polish and detail just sucks you in.

The highest recommendation I can give it, is that my other half who hates games loves watching me play this and has said on multiple occasions that she wishes she could be able to play it. Top Stuff
  • Raiko101 28 Apr 2013 08:14:03 5,536 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Progguitarist The app is starting to remind me of those chest levels from the original. I'm not sure if that's a good thing.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• oconnomiyaki 28 Apr 2013 09:35:50 245 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Picked up Injustice on a whim after reading the excellent tie-in comic. Definitely quite impressed. l play a lot of fighters, but this one actually gives the spectacle that I want from the genre. A nice surprise, given that l found DOA5 disappointing and wanting in that regard.

Was a bit sceptical of the environmental interaction at first, thinking it would be like MK4. But it's really fluid and really fits with the theme of the game. Makes for some really visually impressive and appealing bouts. :)
  • king26 28 Apr 2013 19:52:49 546 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Loving AC:Brotherhood.
    Just bought 3. Would you lot reccomend playing revelations before 3 or is it not worth it? Thank you in advance.
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 28 Apr 2013 20:54:16 2,370 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    No. It's shit compared to Brotherhood. Just look up the plot on youtube.

Just started Arcania on PC. (The gold edition is 5.00 with the code on GMG atm.)vNever played a Gothic game before, but liking it so far. Very colourful, good looking game.

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

• Madder-Max 28 Apr 2013 21:52:37 11,566 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Skyrim still. Pure bound weapon and destruction heavy armour fire destruction mage high elf with leet enchanting skillz. What's nice is that I have pissed off the thalmor justicars somehow ( I think it was by placing waasername blue palace queens dead hubbys horn at the talos shrine) and they consider me "very dangerous and capable of defending myself", according to the note on one of their corpses..........which is nice.

Edited by Madder-Max at 22:00:17 28-04-2013

99 problems and being ginger is one

• Mr_Sleep 28 Apr 2013 22:06:08 16,247 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Finally got around to Farcry 3 and I'm really enjoying it. Oddly I'm finding it quite compulsive to do all the side missions and superfluous stuff which I've recently really taken against in most games. The RPG elements are really well implemented and don't feel overly tacked on as they do in a game like Tomb Raider. In Tomb Raider it never feels like much of an improvement or that it even makes much of a difference but in Farcry most every upgrade has its direct rewards.

I also love the hunting side missions, there has been some excellent tense moments including sneaking up on a tiger only to have one suddenly attack me from behind and then a mad mash of buttons followed by a weak attempt to kill it which only just succeeded.

It's also very rare in gaming these days to be really quite vulnerable, if one fucks up an attempt to infiltrate an enemy compound it can quite quickly turn into fiery death if you don't get it right. Also, the stealth mechanic is actually fun!

All in all, I'm loving it.

You are a factory of sadness.

• bitch_tits_zero_nine 28 Apr 2013 22:11:48 6,654 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yep, the side shit is the best part imo. Couldn't do the hunting ones though. Like kill a legendary shark with a bow and arrow? wtf? Spent an hour trying
  • Mr_Sleep 28 Apr 2013 22:17:09 16,247 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I haven't managed to get to the shark killing ones yet, I do want to as I need to upgrade my wallet but I assumed the legendary shark thing would ping up and it would give me some idea of how I am supposed to kill them. I kind of hoped it would be something other than shoot it with a bow!

I am actually also enjoying the story, it's all a bit mystical crap but it's decent enough at giving motivation to following the main plot. The burning building bit was quite enjoyable but I could have done without the FPS cliche that followed it. I'm now waiting for the inevitable fixed mounted gun section.

Edited by Mr_Sleep at 22:17:37 28-04-2013

• bitch_tits_zero_nine 28 Apr 2013 22:21:33 6,654 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It is a really good game overall imo. Yeah the mysticism is a bit daft but it settles down later on.
  • TheMilkman 28 Apr 2013 23:04:38 177 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The RPG elements seem fantastic in Far Cry until you realise that you've crafted everything before even the half way point of the game. There's far too much XP around the world too. I was pretty much maxed out half way into the story.

Still, it's a great game.
  • Matt36 29 Apr 2013 15:17:44 1,170 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Sleeping Dogs main story just got awesome. Finally got round to using weapons. So comfortable and easy to use, unlike GTA.
  • imamazed 29 Apr 2013 15:20:20 5,452 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dishonoured

It's taken me 3 hours or so, but I'm really into this now. The atmosphere and setting is great, and it's really fun. The first 2 hours were testing though. I'm often overwhelmed when given choice and I was about ready to give up; and the first mission was a drag. I'm glad I kept with it though!
  • Deleted user 29 April 2013 16:21:02
    Total Annihilation: Kingdoms

Missed this first time round but after treating myself to the original TA on gog.com I thought I'd give it ago and it's great fun.

Reminds me how much I've missed rts's after not really playing any since about 1998. Been playing red alert 3 on Xbox but it's just not the same.

Also, still playing FEAR3 now on interval 5. Pleased to say it is rather awesome but still feels lacking something and still detest those bloody in game levelling pop ups.
  • Mr_Sleep 29 Apr 2013 16:33:25 16,247 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    TheMilkman wrote:
    The RPG elements seem fantastic in Far Cry until you realise that you've crafted everything before even the half way point of the game. There's far too much XP around the world too. I was pretty much maxed out half way into the story.

Still, it's a great game.
    Yeah, I get the feeling that is going to happen to me but then I'll spend more time focused on the main story. It almost wants you to go this route with all its prompting of getting stronger. Another thing I like is the ability to remove some of the hand holding elements through the menus.

• Baihu1983 29 Apr 2013 16:34:46 2,837 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Matt36 More people need to get SD's
  • Page

of 237 First / Last