What are you currently playing? Page 170

• Page

of 237 First / Last

• Gunzberg 20 Jan 2013 14:29:38 929 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Bought so many games over Christmas and now recovering from surgery for the next 2 months so will have plenty of time to game.

At the moment, I am dipping between XCOM, Max Payne 3 and Prototype 2.

Also treated myself to a new graphics card, the GTX680 overclocked from Asus - can't wait till that arrives :D

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• andytheadequate 20 Jan 2013 14:45:45 7,957 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Some of my favourite games this generations had a bad start or gave a bad first impression.

Still playing a lot of persona 3. Finished mark of the ninja now so think I'll get stuck into dishonored. The first mission was awful but the second looks very interesting so far.
  • TOOTR 20 Jan 2013 14:48:01 9,473 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Really enjoying XCOM and finally got round to finishing the last levels of Portal 2 co-op with the missus.

Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

• CharlieStCloud 20 Jan 2013 19:50:02 4,676 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    TOOTR wrote:
    ... and finally got round to finishing the last levels of Portal 2 co-op with the missus.
    That'll be the day (when this happens to me) ...

... : (
  • TOOTR 20 Jan 2013 19:56:22 9,473 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Be careful what you wish for mate.

It sounds like a dream but all of a sudden you have to buy a 2nd Xbox beacause you can't get on your own anymore. At all.

And then games like Skyrim and Borderlands2 get released you suddenly find yourself rummaging through cupboards for pot noodles..... home made dinners are off the menu... the kitchen is closed....

Once.... and I'm only slightly embarrassed to bring this up - but we are all friends here right?

Well, once,during the wilderness months of Fallout 3 I even, in an attempt to get us out of the house, suggested maybe I should take her out for a day of clothes shopping...

Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

• espibara 20 Jan 2013 19:59:37 4,156 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Gunzberg wrote:
    Bought so many games over Christmas and now recovering from surgery for the next 2 months so will have plenty of time to game.

Also treated myself to a new graphics card, the GTX680 overclocked from Asus - can't wait till that arrives :D
    That graphics card will have you picking your jaw off the floor, I ahve one and it can handle anything
  • CharlieStCloud 20 Jan 2013 20:05:27 4,676 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    TOOTR wrote:

It sounds like a dream, but all of a sudden you have to buy a 2nd Xbox beacause you can't get on your own anymore. At all.

And then games like Skyrim and Borderlands 2 get released you suddenly find yourself rummaging through cupboards for pot noodles..... home made dinners are off the menu... the kitchen is closed....

Once.... and I'm only slightly embarrassed to bring this up - but we are all friends here right?

Well, once,during the wilderness months of Fallout 3, I even, in an attempt to get us out of the house, suggested maybe I should take her out for a day of clothes shopping...
    ... : )

It'll be nice to play a co-op game together instead of watching stuff like 'X Factor' or 'Dancing on Ice' ... why do game(s) gets frowned upon yet that kind of crap on television is perfectly acceptable to watch?

I just do not understand.
  • Krappers 20 Jan 2013 20:06:45 41 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Odyssey 3011 from the 360 indie channel.
    Its a remake/reimagin of the classic ELITE.
    So good, for a couple of quid .
  • hypoBla5t 20 Jan 2013 20:12:11 1,265 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Starcraft 2, Anarchy Reigns, bits of Sonic Racing Transformed. Loving them all.

Also playing a bit of the Path of Exile beta. It's ok, but it feels like it's missing something for me. Having trouble finding the right class I think.
  • Raiko101 20 Jan 2013 21:06:36 5,536 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Me and my girlfriend have just discovered Minecraft and have played about 20 hours in two days. It's been awesome.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Mola_Ram 20 Jan 2013 22:05:40 6,242 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Great Little War Game, on Android.

It's so much like Advance Wars that Ninty should sue. But more Advance Wars can never be a bad thing! Very much recommended.

I only wish that there was more turn-based stuff on Android. I read an article about the top strategy games on it, and about 80% of them were bloody tower defence games.
  • Gunzberg 20 Jan 2013 22:07:11 929 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    espibara wrote:
    Gunzberg wrote:

That graphics card will have you picking your jaw off the floor, I ahve one and it can handle anything
    Good stuff then! Spending 900Euros on the GTX 690 was just too ridiculous considering my single monitor setup. So I decided last week to go for an overclocked 680

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• andywilkie35 20 Jan 2013 22:10:37 5,338 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Finishing a second playthrough of the excellent DmC collecting everything, then after that potentially a third playthrough! Brilliant game.

Also started Dead Island in co-op this weekend with my brother and an EGer, bit ropey but having great fun, even in Act 2 so far.

On the commute its either Spyro 2 or Need for Speed: Most Wanted.

All will cease when Ni No Kuni comes out. Well except the commuting ones.

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• Garnet 20 Jan 2013 22:15:18 1 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I picked up WarTech: Senko no Ronde for ~3 on ShopTo. I'm bridging the gap to Ni no Kuni with that and Anarchy Reigns.
  • Bremenacht 20 Jan 2013 23:16:16 15,753 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    TOOTR wrote:

It sounds like a dream but all of a sudden you have to buy a 2nd Xbox beacause you can't get on your own anymore. At all.

And then games like Skyrim and Borderlands2 get released you suddenly find yourself rummaging through cupboards for pot noodles..... home made dinners are off the menu... the kitchen is closed....

Well, once,during the wilderness months of Fallout 3 I even, in an attempt to get us out of the house, suggested maybe I should take her out for a day of clothes shopping...
    Hahaha! I've never visited this thread before -no smartphone- but I'm glad I did now. What a great post! Haha!

You know how cats ignore mirrors? You can sellotape a cat* to a mirror and it'll still manage to ignore it.

My Mrs is like that with any form of videogame.

*Don't try this at home, kids!

Once an eagle taught me courage. And I will never forget that day

• Syrette 21 Jan 2013 01:29:51 41,846 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    TOOTR wrote:

I shed a tear upon reading that last sentence.

• DrStrangelove 21 Jan 2013 04:59:34 2,550 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Skyrim and Quake 3 Arena currently.
  • imamazed 21 Jan 2013 10:35:15 5,455 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mark of The Ninja; just started it having grabbed it over xmas in the winter XBLA sale.

It's really quite lovely. Just a joy to play.
  • nickthegun 21 Jan 2013 10:43:27 55,861 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Batman: AC - Absolutely not feeling it. I really enjoyed AA but this seems like a chore.

Also, i dont know if its because im getting old but its another game that suffers from 'too many fucking buttons' syndrome. 'PRESS R1+R2+X+Y+BA+UP TO PUNCH'. If something I need to do in the middle of combat takes more than 2 button presses, im never going to use it.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Mr_Sleep 21 Jan 2013 10:50:39 16,257 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Also, i dont know if its because im getting old but its another game that suffers from 'too many fucking buttons' syndrome. 'PRESS R1+R2+X+Y+BA+UP TO PUNCH'. If something I need to do in the middle of combat takes more than 2 button presses, im never going to use it.
    Heh, there is a degree of that for sure. I think the thing to bear in mind with that is that the triggers just mean you can use your tech to take out thugs, so, if you need an explosive or whatever for specific enemies then that's where you find it.

Saying that, I started playing on my NG+ and had absolutely no recollection on how to take out some specific enemy types, it only really shows you once, still not really sure about opponents with shields.

It's worth jumping into the challenge rooms to get some of the button combos working for you. As with AA, I probably spent more time on the challenge rooms than the game itself!

You are a factory of sadness.

• whatthefu 21 Jan 2013 21:06:43 823 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just started playing I am Alive. Disappointed in the frame rate i'm getting, but it is very nice looking and enjoyable.
  • JoeBlade 21 Jan 2013 22:03:45 2,413 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @nickthegun I finished AA relatively shortly after purchasing it yet I keep putting down AC, so I fully understand what you mean.
    It is more Batman yet something feels... off. Might just be the open world, which doesn't sit well with me for some reason.

And I agree with the button combos. I'm playing on PC with KB+mouse so it obviously controls differently but the more advanced combos certainly feel a bit too complicated to be of practical use.
    Especially since the basic punch, block and dodge moves seem ample in pretty much all fights.
  • Darth_Flibble 23 Jan 2013 19:11:09 1,507 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Still playing Risen 2 and DmC. Risen 2 is so janky and broken at times but played it all weekend. Really enjoying the story, shame the combat is shit and its rough. Still pisses me off, if you want to play RPG, you have to play this low budget efforts by this studios (the bugs never get fixed as the publisher can't afford it or can't be arsed).
  • Deleted user 23 January 2013 20:26:26
    Tootr, I love you. Great post bud.

Anyway, I've finally got round to properly playing Resident Evil 4 since downloading it on Live ages ago. It's my third playthrough total though, all on different systems.

Still absolutely chuffing brilliant despite being a tad clunky now. Paced brilliantly, the atmosphere is superb and the combat is so satisfying once you get into the curve.

Such a shame the series lost its way, played the Resi 6 demo and it's so clear they lack a cohesive direction. I think the team need to look less towards COD and more towards Left 4 Dead, albeit slower paced and probably single player only.

I have also been knee deep in Anarchy Reigns as it's pure sliced gold and finally getting back into Borderlands 2.
  • pogiANDthebeast 24 Jan 2013 06:39:02 3 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I'm starting to playing League of legends.. any tips? its kinda hard for me to understand...
  • krisbums 24 Jan 2013 10:57:18 12 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    For some reason I am playing Fallout New Vegas again. :p
  • kinky_mong 24 Jan 2013 11:08:35 9,607 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Currently playing Anarchy Reigns in the evenings in short bursts, and I've warmed to it a lot more in the last week.

Also playing Dead Island co-op at the weekends, which is great fun.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• JBlokeUK 24 Jan 2013 11:08:38 2,309 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    PS3 - Call of Duty Black Ops 2 and DMC Collection.

Vita - LittleBigPlanet and Treasures of Montezuma Blitz

PC - Torchlight

I like it when he's angry.

• Page

of 237 First / Last