What are you currently playing? Page 167

• Page

of 237 First / Last

• SolidSCB 1 Jan 2013 19:40:48 5,826 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Picked up Arkham City for about 7 quid on Boxing Day. Only had time to play about an hour and half so far but I see nothing wrong with it so far and the combat feels pretty solid. Never played the original though so maybe this is why I'm not seeing the massive problems everyone else seems to have with it.
  • jonsaan 1 Jan 2013 19:43:20 25,252 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Surely anyone who likes Batman would love tooling around as him in an open world scenario?

FCUTA!

• Daddy-Doom-Bar 1 Jan 2013 19:48:02 2,372 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    This is why I dont get the hate. AA was awesome, AC is slightly different but everything I hoped it would be. At the heart of AC is the feeling of actually being Bats.

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

• FuzzyDuck 1 Jan 2013 19:48:35 3,546 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I found Arkham City to be an open world with absolutely nothing to do, and that was included at the expense of the first game's narrative.

It's like the first two Bioshock games; the second is clearly the superior title in terms of gameplay (which should always be king), but the plot just makes it a less engaging experience.
  • Raiko101 1 Jan 2013 20:45:39 5,541 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm torn between starting Assassin's Creed III on the Wii U and Minecraft on the 360. I didn't think i'd enjoy the latter, but the demo went down well. It seems to be massively tutorial heavy though, which is why I haven't jumped right in, but it's something to play with the girlfriend when I can explain the complexities.

On the other hand, it's been over a year since I played AC2, which I love.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Reacher 1 Jan 2013 20:49:50 542 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I can't decide what to settle on at the moment when I'm not playing GW2.

I currently have AC3, Borderlands 2, Binary Domain, Walking Dead, Darksiders 2, Far Cry 3 and about 20 others installed!
  • waggy79 1 Jan 2013 21:09:52 793 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Raiko101 wrote:
    I'm torn between starting Assassin's Creed III on the Wii U and Minecraft on the 360. I didn't think i'd enjoy the latter, but the demo went down well. It seems to be massively tutorial heavy though, which is why I haven't jumped right in, but it's something to play with the girlfriend when I can explain the complexities.

On the other hand, it's been over a year since I played AC2, which I love.
    I'm enjoying ac3 a lot personally, couple of bugs but nothing major. Minecraft on 360 is much simpler to grasp than pc as all the crafting is done for you, I prefer it even though it's not as far along update wise.
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 1 Jan 2013 22:16:19 2,372 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    I found Arkham City to be an open world with absolutely nothing to do, and that was included at the expense of the first game's narrative.
    Nothing to do....? Are we all talking about the same game? One person says it's 'pure shite' because there was too much to do, and now you say there was fuck all to do...
    I'm confused. Has it become fashionable to hate AC all of a sudden? Am I missing something here...?

• -cerberus- 2 Jan 2013 13:15:17 2,098 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Cursed Mountain (PC)

Hated the Wii version because of the controls. Luckily I can use Xpadder with the PC version and I've mapped the keyboard inputs to a wired 360 controller; works like a charm and makes the game ten times more enjoyable! Yes, the game is perfectly playable with kb&m but I prefer a controller whenever possible.

More info about the game here

Edited by -cerberus- at 13:15:39 02-01-2013

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• Stranded87 2 Jan 2013 13:31:27 768 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just started Fez, Halo 4 and X-Com. Barely anywhere in any of them but I just can't really be bothered. I'm sure they're good games, maybe I'm just getting a little burnt out? I've still got loads of untouched PS+ stuff too.
  • Paulie_P 2 Jan 2013 13:54:45 395 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Started Bulletstorm last night and fairly impressed so far. Only onto Chapter 2 - Act 2, looking forward to playing it again next week.
  • JoeBlade 2 Jan 2013 14:36:03 2,413 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    YenooR wrote:
    Just started The Witcher 2. Fuck me the tutorial for combat is hard.
    Make sure to get the further rolls skill and the backstab reduction skill as soon as you can, they make a huge difference.

And rolling is indeed one of the key elements of W2's combat, as is blocking.

Preparation is also a very important in W2: if you continually charge into groups of enemies sword a-swining wildly you WILL die a lot. A hell of a lot.
    Instead drink potions before combat, apply oils to your sword, place traps, toss a bomb into the group at the start, Hex one enemy, Aard another then Quen yourself, etc.

If you do it properly you should never have to fight more than one enemy at a time, will kill them far quicker and take less damage.
  • andywilkie35 2 Jan 2013 14:38:56 5,338 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Not far off the end of Tales of Graces f now, very enjoyable game.

Next up will be one of:

Uncharted 3
    Max Payne 3
    Crysis
    Resistance 2

Basically want a game I can smash through in a week before DmC comes out. Reckon Uncharted 3 is most likely, get it done with plenty of time to spare before The Last of Us is released :)

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• King_Edward 2 Jan 2013 16:09:35 11,454 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I don't think you could get through the opening cut scenes of Max Payne 3 in a week.
  • king26 3 Jan 2013 23:48:55 546 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Having gone through arkham city again, it's a lot bettrr than I previously gave it credit for. However, it's not great. Take all yoh know about batman away and it's a pretty good game, with the licence it get's more praise than it probably deserves.
  • CosmicFuzz 3 Jan 2013 23:52:54 21,244 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Walking Dead. God it's so good. Also Paper Mario 3DS, which is ace.

What's your thoughts on Heroes Reborn? Read my TV musings here.

• andywilkie35 4 Jan 2013 00:19:32 5,338 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @King_Edward

Sounds like I made the right choice then :)

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• Gaol 4 Jan 2013 00:35:56 2,262 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Layton and the Miracle Mask.

Some 26 hours, including time spent on daily puzzles, and I haven't yet finished the main story (though I do search out every puzzle).

It's my favourite Layton, and I've played them all. Still have a soft spot for the story in Unwound Future but the gameplay is far better here.
  • Khanivor 4 Jan 2013 00:42:57 39,891 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Currently giving my time to Dishonoured. It's kind of special. Looks so damn fine, what a world.
  • onestepfromlost 4 Jan 2013 00:54:49 1,966 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    playing
    The witcher 2 on the PC
    Red Dead redemption on the 360
    the monkey in bed

witcher 2 has grown on me after a iffy start ( think i was just to used to the first one playing them back to back)
    Red dead redemption is my second attempt to play it through as i lost interst last time when it came out.
  • TOOTR 4 Jan 2013 15:32:31 9,473 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Tootling through Bastion (360) at the moment and finding it a great game to play in bite sized chunks.

Ditto The Walking Dead.

And then Halo 4 MP.

Need to finish Bioshock 2 before Infinite comes out...

Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

• jabberwoky 5 Jan 2013 18:24:54 441 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just managed to prise myself off xcom for a break, difficult to do but managed it. Playing halo 4 now. It seems to play very similarly to halo 1, 2, 3 , ODST and Reach. Beginning to wonder if that is a good thing.
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 6 Jan 2013 18:31:31 2,372 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just installed the HD pack for Sleeping Dogs. Christ it made a difference. I've recently started overclocking the Q6600 in small steps now I've a better case and heatsink, and it's coping well with everything I throw at it so far. Considering I've spent less than I did on my 360 originally, I'm getting more and more annoyed at MS for selling me a console on the pretense they'd stand up against a PC. They do not. In any way, shape or form.
    Did consider selling my brand new PS3 to upgrade the PC further...

• Madder-Max 6 Jan 2013 18:41:27 11,568 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Forza 4 which is great buyt I have a major grumble with it.

I have upgraded the smart car to a class with 529 performance, but I can't do anything with it other than test drive it (it does 140 flat out, 200hp but spins like a top if u try steering). I can't enter any events or take it online as cars are selected for me.

Can anyone please let me know if I am missing something?

99 problems and being ginger is one

• Vortex808 6 Jan 2013 18:41:47 6,566 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Playing Spec Ops: the line just now. Along with some Borderlands 2 DLC & Gears 3 occasionally.

I hope to move on to Binary Domain after Spec ops, then maybe either Halo CE Aniversary or Skyrim.

I'm on a mission to finish some of the still sealed games before Bioshock infinite is released.
  • pistol 6 Jan 2013 22:05:27 13,019 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mass Effect 3 - just started it and bought it cheap
    Black Ops 2 - nearly finished campaign, not been online yet
    Rallisport Challenge II - rediscovered on the previous XBox
  • Reacher 6 Jan 2013 22:11:06 542 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I went with Binary Domain, enjoying it a lot so far.
  • Mattwow 6 Jan 2013 22:11:37 43 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Sleeping Dogs - PC

Loving it & only a couple of hours in but im striggling with the fighting a little.

Windows 7 - 64
    Intel Core I7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz
    8GB Ram
    ATI Radeon HD 6970

Xbox Gamertag - Wolves since 86

• Kanjin 6 Jan 2013 22:41:04 961 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Borderlands 2.

It is funny, the dialogue and weaponry is amazing.

But slogging through so many enemies to get to your objective every time does get wearisome, and some of them are really irritating on foot (the repair bots, the Buzzards).

It's fun, but some of the problems are still carried over from 1.
  • Page

of 237 First / Last