Backlog clearing Page 4

• Page

of 11 First / Last

• siro 17 Mar 2009 09:00:20 1,823 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hm, I started AC and played through the first mission, but was more or less bored. If this is going to repeat it's going to be worst game I've played on the 360. Will give it another go at some point - that often helps changing my views.
  • mad_caddy 17 Mar 2009 09:13:01 3,306 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've just finished AC, enjoyed it all the way through, memory block 4 is by far the longest block and then they just get shorter and shorter, no need to climb all the view points (although i did), just do enough to get the targets (namely pick pocket, eaves drop and interrogate) and then you can do the assassinations which are great.

Took me about 12 to 14 hours all in all. but you can shorten that time by doing a hard and fast route easy.
  • TechnoHippy 17 Mar 2009 09:23:37 14,698 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I did the view points, but didn't bother with the flags or Templars.

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• Retroid Moderator 17 Mar 2009 10:16:36 44,503 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Techno Hippy wrote:
    I did the view points, but didn't bother with the flags or Templars.
    Ditto.

The view points were fun anyway because you could see them from a reasonable distance away, plus they filled in the map :)
  • BartonFink 17 Mar 2009 10:27:19 34,853 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    siro wrote:
    I got at least ten games on my shrink wrapped pile and another few games I bought used but never touched, too.

Eternal Sonata, Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon were on it and I never touched them as I knew they would take up too much time. Then at some point, I checked which of my games would support Japanese and this made me put LO into the drive and now it's three months later... and that wasn't good for the pile either. ;)
    While I see where you are coming from with the RPGs being counter-conducive to pile reduction they still have to be played.

Have pretty much given up on buying new games at this point (ala Blerk) and fuck me it works. I will pick up the current new stuff in a few months cheap as chips meanwhile I have loads to play. Cannot be arsed buying games and not playing them anymore.
  • BartonFink 17 Mar 2009 10:27:47 34,853 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Blerk wrote:
    Told you!
    I know mate :D
  • Restart 17 Mar 2009 10:37:35 4,701 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've currently got Call of Duty 2 (started, unfinished), Infinite Undiscovery, Ninja Gaiden II, Kameo: Elements of Power, Stranglehold (started, unfinished), Eternal Sonata, Prince of Persia DLC, Devil May Cry 4, Call of Juarez, Kane & Lynch: Dead Men, Overlord DLC, GTA IV DLC, Alone in the Dark, Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise, Orange Box (started, unfinished) & finally, Earth Defence Force 2017 (started, unfinished).

Problem is, Street Fighter IV is taking up the majority of my time at the moment, leaving everything else to ever increase the thickness of its dust.
  • BartonFink 17 Mar 2009 10:42:46 34,853 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So stop playing it ;)
  • BartonFink 2 Apr 2009 01:10:22 34,853 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Anyhew finished off Assassins Creed tonight. Really good game apart from a few really annoying glitches. (Sibrand and missing templars).

So what to move on to next?

Picked up Lost Odyssey and Fallout 3 very cheap at the weekend.

Stranglehold
    Blue Dragon
    Lost Planet
    Too Human
    Lost Odyssey
    Fallout 3
    Need to finish Bioshock

Fucking hell instead of getting shorter it gets longer and longer.
  • BartonFink 2 Apr 2009 07:23:09 34,853 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    bump
  • Bloodloss 2 Apr 2009 07:27:51 4,499 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fallout 3!

Just check out Eurogamer's review of it to find out why (also won its Top 50 games of 2008 by the readers, and 2nd in its staff version. I've also correctly recommended every game you played so far so you know I'm right :p
  • BartonFink 2 Apr 2009 07:58:39 34,853 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yea I really want to play it and know Blerk enjoyed it. Problem is Lost Odyssey is calling too. Fuck it may as well play something fairly recent for a change.

• ilmaestro 2 Apr 2009 08:03:27 32,406 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    /grumbles something about Lost Planet

• BartonFink 2 Apr 2009 08:23:26 34,853 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Fallout 3 is only around 40-60 isn't it? i.e. medium length

Ditch Lost Odyssey? I don't think so.

Too Human and Blue Dragon may get left behind though.

I do like your thinking though if I get back into another RPG Bioshock, Stanglehold, and Lost Planet may get left behind forever.
  • BartonFink 2 Apr 2009 08:24:14 34,853 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    ilmaestro wrote:
    /grumbles something about Lost Planet
    Grumble on - come on what's up with Lost Planet?
  • speedofthepuma 2 Apr 2009 08:25:32 13,266 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I really enjoyed Blue dragon, and Too human was actually a bit of fun & is quite short-lived. Fallout 3 can vastly differ in play time depending on how much you explore, easily 100 hours in there (even without DLC).

I've turned off all the avatars and crap, so don't expect me to be impressed by yours.

• DUFFMAN5 2 Apr 2009 08:26:54 14,380 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Completed Wheelman on Monday, so back to the "old pile" until Godfather II is out anyway which includes

Stranglehold (Level/act 2, so long way togo)
    Dark Sector (still wrapped)
    Fear 2 (still wrapped)
    Fifa 09 (1st season manager mode, mighty Gunners)
    Tomb Raider Underworld (level 3)
    Fallout 3 (only a couple of hours in, so would need to start again)
    Mercs 2 (26% in) more than likely go back to this.
    On the plus side I did manage to tick one of the list. I tried Burnout P last night for the first time and thought it was shite, so straight on my swapsies list

That is just in the draw under the tv, way too many in a cupboard in the dinning room that have many more hours left in them.

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• BartonFink 2 Apr 2009 08:31:51 34,853 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    On the plus side I did manage to tick one of the list. I tried Burnout P last night for the first time and thought it was shite, so straight on my swapsies list
    Dude!!! That's one game I am considering buying for the 360 (the ultimate collection one) even though I have it already on PS3. Great drop in drop out fun to be had.
  • BartonFink 2 Apr 2009 08:32:44 34,853 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    blizeH wrote:
    Yeah, I generally try and play the shorter games first, especially if they're decent like Bioshock (bit of an understatement there!)

That way you can be a bit picky about what lengthy games you play
    So long since I played it I might just wipe the save and start again. How long is it?
  • BartonFink 2 Apr 2009 09:02:44 34,853 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Can't fucking remember tbh it's that long since I played it. I do remember taking lots of photos of shit and being in a garden area. Had defeated Peach Wilkins
  • DUFFMAN5 2 Apr 2009 09:42:51 14,380 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    +1 Bioshock is amazing.

BF, take on board your comments on Burnout, but not for me.

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• BartonFink 2 Apr 2009 10:37:38 34,853 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    blizeH wrote:
    Hmmm... I'd load it up, and if you don't think "Ah, yeah I remember now!" I'd probably start again, it is a great game, and the overall experience is probably best enjoyed if you can remember the start, if that makes sense...
    Yea makes total sense. That's why I am considering starting again it's been an age since I played it (5 months).
  • Retroid Moderator 2 Apr 2009 11:00:26 44,503 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    BartonFink wrote:
    Fucking hell instead of getting shorter it gets longer and longer.
    Hell yes.

I've been playing catch-up lately with my backlog of games and I was starting to make progress.

So what do I do in the first few days of this week?

Buy 7 more games because they're cheap.

/o\
  • BartonFink 2 Apr 2009 11:27:34 34,853 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I hear ya ... great thing is they are cheap.
  • BartonFink 4 May 2009 23:49:34 34,853 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Well another month passes and another one is removed from the backlog.

Bioshock - started it again and did everything apart from Brass Balls (way too hard). Excellent game although Atlas gave me a little too much trouble until I started firing trap bolts at him (way too easy then). Cannot wait for the sequel now. The ending was a lot disappointing though I thought they could have done a longer ending sequence.

As for the 8hrs or so mentioned by blizeH - seemed a lot longer than that. Then again having to backtrack for a missed tonic and diary didn't help either.

Anyhew next up:

Stranglehold
    Blue Dragon
    Lost Planet
    Too Human
    Lost Odyssey
    Fallout 3

That RPG itch is starting to get stronger.

• Page

of 11 First / Last