Demon's Souls Page 405

• Page

of 504 First / Last

• robc84 6 Oct 2013 14:33:11 5,807 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Fuck you maneater (s)! I took the advice on the wiki and used the theifs ring to lose the first one so I could fight them one at a time. Managed to do it and kill the second maneater.

While I was doing this thr first one decides to get stuck under the bridge whrre I cant hit him. So not only did I have to reload I lost all the itrms I used :mad:

Not happy at all. And why does the black phantom mindflayer on the stairs respawn? Though bp didnt respawn! ? Grrrr

Rant over :mad:
  • quadfather 6 Oct 2013 14:38:58 12,934 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Fun then? :)

Annoying that he got stuck under the bridge

I think most bp monsters respawn, just to piss you off

you can cheese maneaters by the way

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• robc84 6 Oct 2013 14:41:37 5,807 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Oh right but not bp humans? Sure the one in 3-1 didn't respawn.

Hows that then? Fucking maneaters. I could take 1 no problem, but 2? No chance!
  • quadfather 6 Oct 2013 14:43:28 12,934 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think humans don't respawn, but enemies do. Pretty sure of that actually

to cheese them, equip any bow *Except* the lava bow and don't go through the fog door to them. Youll see one through the fog door. Just stand either far left, or far right and start shooting. It'll take a while, but you'll be able to kill it without even going through the fog door.

Then go through and kill the other one.

Can't use lava bow because it knocks the first maneater back, out of range.

• robc84 6 Oct 2013 14:49:38 5,807 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Hmmm, thats really cheap..... tempting though. Or I may go do another level and come back to it when less annoyed...
  • FuzzyDuck 6 Oct 2013 16:24:21 4,364 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @robc84

Hey, I had the exact same thing happen with the Maneaters the other night. And those too BP lads respawning on the tower ascent? I was gonna come in and post about it but all I was able to articulate about the situation was along the lines of "cunt fuck piss hole die".

Mouse In My House *update*
    Day 3 - I'm still alive. Bastard sounded like he was wearing a pair of Dr. Marten's, stomping around in my ceiling. He also travelled from the living room, to the fucking kitchen, the crossed over from my house to my neighbours. Taking a break from Demon's because it's creeping me out a bit now. Also doing a high Chaos playthrough of Dishonoured at the minute, so that's shelved because there's vermin everywhere in it :/
  • Dangerous_Dan 6 Oct 2013 17:01:02 2,378 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @robc84 It's really important to fight in the center, close to the fire. There, the maneaters are less aggressive. They probably dislike fire. Also, try the Warding spell, if you can. It requires 2 magic slots.
  • robc84 6 Oct 2013 18:28:55 5,807 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Dangerous_Dan tried that. Its just when there is 2 of them they always get me. Yeah got warding. But can only use it once due to my limited mp. I have spice but I need my grass ready at all times!

Will try again later!
  • FuzzyDuck 6 Oct 2013 18:34:07 4,364 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @robc84

Tip for spice/grass use during dangerous times - only keep those two items in the slots during the boss battle, so a quick dab of the d-pad will let you switch them without looking.
  • robc84 6 Oct 2013 18:58:07 5,807 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Not a bad idea actually. Thanks for the tip!
  • quadfather 6 Oct 2013 19:02:39 12,934 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    And don't be tempted to take some grass just because you're low on health. Wait and see it out before you take the grass. You'll live a lot longer this way instead of panicking and trying to get a quick heal in - it doesn't work

• robc84 6 Oct 2013 21:09:36 5,807 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Maneaters can fucking do one. Not been this frustrated by a game in a long time. May have to take a ds break for a few days snd come bk to it!

The fact that I cant do it just makes that fucker getting stuck under the bridge even more annoying. I would have been able to do it that time!
  • quadfather 6 Oct 2013 22:22:06 12,934 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Stick with it and take your time. They can be a right bastard. You're best off taking a break and then coming back to it - you'll probably do them first time

don't forget you can summon us old farts to give you a hand

I feel the pain, I really do

• robc84 6 Oct 2013 22:41:23 5,807 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'm thinking of equipping ring of magical sharpness and using soul ray. Try to stay out of melee distance.

I may have call on you for assistance if that doesnt work!
  • Kittt_Walker 6 Oct 2013 22:58:35 287 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @robc84
    Btw whatever did you decide to do with poor old Yurt!?😛ps. If you going magical route and you don't mind use firestorm with morrion/kris blade and sharpness and any other boosting gear you have. Cast warding after entering , run a little but not too far , he sweeps in firestorm him ,then repeat as he sweeps in again. The other one might sweep in during the latter half of first part of the fight but if you lucky he will get caught in the flames. Then it is just a case of running up to the middle flame foundation, he follows, firestorm his arse , rinse and repeat making sure to keep circling the object so he never gets too close.

The Ghost Who Walks

• robc84 6 Oct 2013 23:01:48 5,807 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Kittt_Walker Yurt is a free man!

What stats / slots do I need for firestorm?
  • Kittt_Walker 6 Oct 2013 23:13:59 287 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @robc84
    Ummm I dunno if I feel bad or not 😝...When you say 'free' do you mean you ended his life and he is free to wonder the celestial plain or do you just mean you set him free, if so god help you man😝hehhehe you will live to regret this day lol....
    On firestorm it is 4 slots, you get it from Yuri the witch and you need the soul of the dragon god to buy from her. I think the minimum stats to use it are 18 but it's effectiveness increases the closer you get to 50. However you can use different gear to boost its effectiveness if you don't want to up your mp that much. Also there is a ring that gives you an extra magic slot maybe it's two(sorry still fuzzy) encase you want warding spell too.

Edited by Kittt_Walker at 23:15:04 06-10-2013

The Ghost Who Walks

• Dangerous_Dan 7 Oct 2013 07:01:42 2,378 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Damn Kitt, you are trying to make Rob paranoid. Don't exaggerate that much, he'll be alright. You make it sound as if Yurt were out to kill him. And we both know that's not true.
  • robc84 7 Oct 2013 07:02:28 5,807 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Think my int is far too low tbh. Only about 13 or 14. Need to put some points into it.

Re Yurt, he is still alive!

Edited by robc84 at 07:19:10 07-10-2013
  • Kittt_Walker 7 Oct 2013 07:39:30 287 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Dangerous_Dan
    Hehehhehe☺️ We both agreed you shouldn't kill someone if they haven't done anything .....But you are right Yurt isn't out to kill him but someone else maybe... Dun-Dun-Duuuun hehehhehe.....
    Ps. Shouldn't it help though with the mephistopheles side quest?

Edited by Kittt_Walker at 07:43:32 07-10-2013

The Ghost Who Walks

• Kittt_Walker 7 Oct 2013 07:57:38 287 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @robc84 http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/yurt ....He's right there is nothing to worry about really esp. as you not killed any bosses since releasing him.

The Ghost Who Walks

• robc84 7 Oct 2013 08:46:19 5,807 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'll avoid that link to avoid any spoilers!

Might try and do something else and maybe level up a bit before coming back to the maneaters. Thing is my options are 4-2 (which I hear is a bit of a pain in the arse too), 5-2 (same), 1-3 and 2-3.

Tempted to check out 1-3. But I may also have another crack at Old King Doran in 1-1.
  • quadfather 7 Oct 2013 08:51:56 12,934 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    /whispers 4-2

• robc84 7 Oct 2013 08:59:12 5,807 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I guess nothing is going to be easy at this stage of the game.

Can just imagine 4-2 getting really annoying as those see through fuckers keep respawning!

I think I need to get another couple points into int and possibly magic before going back to the maneaters. I think Magic is way to go cos I should be able to get a couple of hits in as he is running towards me then take it from there. Either that or I take the first one out from behind the fog door. Trying not to resort to that though!
  • Kittt_Walker 7 Oct 2013 09:34:03 287 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @robc84
    It isn't too much of spoiler, the alternative isn't game ending or anything but you will either be exasperated but delighted that ds finds new ways to surprise your or flat out frustrated☺️I haven't really been following your build makeup in detail but maybe work toward firestorm and buffing your magic. The levels you mentioned it is possible to literally to run through in few minutes kill boss with firestorm in minute or two (except old king doran )then you could return to explore once you are stronger. I would give directions but not sure if you would consider that a spoiler, so anyhows goodluck😉

Edited by Kittt_Walker at 09:36:14 07-10-2013

The Ghost Who Walks

• Dangerous_Dan 7 Oct 2013 09:41:31 2,378 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ps. Shouldn't it help though with the mephistopheles side quest?
    Good question.

Anyway I'm sure Rob will keep an eye open for changes in the Nexus.
  • robc84 7 Oct 2013 09:54:23 5,807 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Kittt_Walker

I'm going for a dex / magic build. I think I am currently dex 22, mag 18, int 13, end 20, vit 18. Or something like that. I'm currently using dragon sword +4 and lava bow.

However, recently I have been upping my strength as I want to get it to 15 so I can use the compound bow, and my faith up to 10 so I can cast miracles if needed (currently 14 and 9 respectively).

I hate to start a level and leave it unfinished, which is why those maneaters are bugging me so much :)
  • Kittt_Walker 7 Oct 2013 10:08:09 287 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @robc84
    Again showing my rustiness from coming back so long to ds but there is a bow in the game,think it's the sticky bow that statistically doesn't appear to do as much damage as other bows but actually in fact because of a glitch in the game it does the most/second to most dmg in the game. The major advantage of it though is you don't need to plug much into dex and strength and other stats to use it. I would double check with these guys or a bit of research on net to clarify the bows name but I'm pretty sure it's the sticky, the rest are a waste really or cost too much in stats like the white bow (unless you predominately use the bow).

Edited by Kittt_Walker at 10:09:28 07-10-2013

The Ghost Who Walks

• robc84 7 Oct 2013 10:10:40 5,807 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Oh yeah my compound bow is going to be sticky. Just got to get the materials to upgrade it and stats (i.e strength 15) to use it!
  • Kittt_Walker 7 Oct 2013 10:17:01 287 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @robc84
    Hehehhehe ☺️....Have you looked up the blueblood sword ? You are still early in the game in soul level terms so you could start pumping luck along with your dex, faith and magic. It's a fun build and you will have your sticky bow and firestorm too for variety.

Edited by Kittt_Walker at 10:18:05 07-10-2013

The Ghost Who Walks

• Page

of 504 First / Last