Demon's Souls Page 371

• Page

of 505 First / Last

• quadfather 10 Feb 2013 12:42:12 12,989 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Bremenacht - that sounds like one of my characters, where I haven't a clue what I've done in the game :)

Dragon sword is good.

So you've got the demonbrandt from old king doran then. You could combine that with the soulbrandt when you finish ng and make the northern regalia weapon.

1-4 probably isn't finished because it's false king boss at the end

3-2 might be blocked because it's the maneaters at the end of it

3-2 is a great level though

regain your soul? Do you mean when you've died? It's the same as Dark souls - just find your bloodstain

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Bremenacht 10 Feb 2013 13:43:25 18,792 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nah, I mean how d'ya become, errr, 'alive?' again? Full health bar and all that. The answer was in the instructions - kill a major demon or use stone of ephemeral eyes. I suppose I could try invading, but I'm bound to invade an uber-player and I'll lose soul level won't I? I can't remember the concequence of that.

3-2 Is great. So creepy. Unfortunately I ended up down in the swamp -which isn't so great: all those 'I'm lost..' messages- and where a black phantom killed me. I must have been through 3-2 before, because nothing happened at the top of that tower (must have done something 1st time around) and that nasty guy wasn't there either.

One big different this time around is that I've learned to parry. I didn't use it at all first time around, but Dark Souls pretty much necessitated using it. Didn't work on old King Doran, but it's very satisfying to use on those RE/BE knights!

Glad I've got back into it now - I'd been putting it off. It seems much more comfortable having been through Dark Souls.
  • quadfather 10 Feb 2013 13:55:57 12,989 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Bremenacht - totally agree - it's like playing a different game now we've done dark souls. I'm finding parrying even easier than in Dark souls too. Backstab seems to have a smaller window, but I'm getting used to it now.

Parrying the fuck out of the skeletons in 4-1 is a great feeling :)

Alive - as you say, kill a boss, or use the stones. I'm always in soul form + cling ring 95% time anyway and suicide in the nexus each time I get my body back, as I don't want the world tendency going black

I've not done much, if any, invading, so I'm not 100% on the consequence. It's probably just souls and/or body form loss or something.

You must have cut the chains on 3-2 then. You should be able to tell by going to the middle of the level where the heart drops. If you can get up the staircase where there's a black phantom mind flayer thing, then that's it. Ring of avarice is where the heart drops - so if you have that, you should know roughly whereabouts you're up to.

I'm also loving the scaling with weapons too - seems to be more effective than in dark souls. Plus a winged spear +8, crescent falchion +4, sticky compound bow +5 really kicks arse :)

Edited by quadfather at 13:56:16 10-02-2013

• Bremenacht 10 Feb 2013 15:23:36 18,792 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    \o/ Umbasa!

The heart? That fat, serpentine, pulsing thing wrapped in chains? I think it's where it's always been.. bugger. I'll have another explore up there. I've been to that staircase and that was the bugger that killed me. Ok - so I'm going the right way there.

Ta for that advice. I think I'm mostly back on track now. Maybe even the right track! (Assuming I've not cocked up that heart bit)
  • quadfather 10 Feb 2013 16:53:51 12,989 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Basically, the idea of the level is to traverse two lifts. Each one will take you to 4 goons praying around a chain. Kill them and the chain slips. Then do it again in the other location and then the heart drops,giving you access to the middle area (goodies) and the staircase (boss).

It's a cracking level. Easily one of the most atmospheric ones. Some good loot too.

You have to go to the swamp to get to the second chain cutting area so you're probably on the right track.

Dammit, I'm going to fire it up later :)

• FanBoysSuck 10 Feb 2013 22:18:54 1,531 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @quadfather Ha we'll see. Na No Kuni's not really drawing me in ;)

For the emperor!

• Bremenacht 10 Feb 2013 22:32:45 18,792 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Basically, the idea of the level is to traverse two lifts. Each one will take you to 4 goons praying around a chain. Kill them and the chain slips. Then do it again in the other location and then the heart drops,giving you access to the middle area (goodies) and the staircase (boss).

It's a cracking level. Easily one of the most atmospheric ones. Some good loot too.

You have to go to the swamp to get to the second chain cutting area so you're probably on the right track.

Dammit, I'm going to fire it up later :)
    Done! I thought I was going the completely wrong way going down there, which was why I'd not pressed on - I thought it was more swampy horror! Even managed to get a lizard. Second wind!
  • FuzzyDuck 11 Feb 2013 01:18:03 4,451 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Not playing this right now as I have a Dead Space 3 rental, so just blitzing through that!

I realised this has finally sunk it's teeth in proper as my local gaming dungeon has secured me a copy of Ni No Kuni, which I'll be picking up on Tuesday and lending straight to a friend as it won't get a look in over Demon's :D
  • Bremenacht 11 Feb 2013 03:13:38 18,792 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    3-2 boss dead. What a fucker - took 7 or 8 attempts, which I suppose is not bad by DS standards, but all the same, those cheap knocks into the void were most annoying.

I seem to have some boss souls which I don't know what to do with. 3-2 doesn't result in new spells or faith stuff or weapon buffs. The 2-4 soul can be used for a spell, but I wonder if it's worth holding onto for something better. Also got some other ones I cannot remember. Without giving too much away, are there any souls in particular that I should hold onto? Also, are there any weapons which would suit a soul, bearing in mind my crappy (12) str?

I've been experimenting with weapons, so far producing a sticky bow and shotel of tearing. Where can I find more spiderstone shards, to improve that bow?

Praise the Sun!
  • Bremenacht 11 Feb 2013 03:13:53 18,792 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oops wrong game :D
  • spindle9988 11 Feb 2013 08:41:33 3,629 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So I decided to give this a go for 15.99. Loving it at the moment. I have managed to beat the 1st big boss (that big black blobby thing)I have sinced met the giant knightand he keeps beating me so I keep dropiing my souls there. Does anyone know if there is a short cut to open so I can get staight to the boss with out going through the big dragon chase bit?
  • quadfather 11 Feb 2013 09:19:29 12,989 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @spindle9988 - I'm not aware of a shortcut - I think you have to do the dragon bridge.

However, what you can do is take the dragon out - it makes it a much easier run that way

• spindle9988 11 Feb 2013 09:22:04 3,629 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @quadfather

I am way too scared to try that. Started as a temple knight so I have that big scythe thingy. Any recommendations on how to take the dragon out?
  • quadfather 11 Feb 2013 09:30:21 12,989 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    3-2 boss dead. What a fucker - took 7 or 8 attempts, which I suppose is not bad by DS standards, but all the same, those cheap knocks into the void were most annoying.

I seem to have some boss souls which I don't know what to do with. 3-2 doesn't result in new spells or faith stuff or weapon buffs. The 2-4 soul can be used for a spell, but I wonder if it's worth holding onto for something better. Also got some other ones I cannot remember. Without giving too much away, are there any souls in particular that I should hold onto? Also, are there any weapons which would suit a soul, bearing in mind my crappy (12) str?

I've been experimenting with weapons, so far producing a sticky bow and shotel of tearing. Where can I find more spiderstone shards, to improve that bow?

Praise the Sun!
    Yup, he/they are bastards aren't they. I normally cheese one of them before going through the fog door. Exploit ftw.

3-2 boss soul....maneaters...hmm, no, there's not much apart from the needle of eternal agony, which I've never tried

2-4 - fireball, firestorm or god's wrath. Suppose it depends whether your faith based or not

It's a bit tricky without giving much away with the boss souls info. a quick glance at the boss souls usage page on the wiki is probably your best bet - as it all depends on how you play

sticky bow is the best bow in the game. It's all world 2 for spiderstones

• Dangerous_Dan 11 Feb 2013 09:41:28 2,378 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Only had very limited time over the weekend and tried to do 2-2, actually just the shortcut to the boss. He's really a bitch that one. Once I got him down to one quarter of his health but then I got mauled.

All in Ng+ of course. I used the flame resitance ring and I tried water veil but at least the water viel seemed to have little effect in NG+ (in combination with the ring). I think he's most vulnerable to magic, as are most enemies in that area.

Edited by Dangerous_Dan at 09:42:00 11-02-2013

Edited by Dangerous_Dan at 09:43:03 11-02-2013
  • quadfather 11 Feb 2013 10:30:21 12,989 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yup, magic will sort it. And most others.

Can you still do the ribcage trick in ng+?

• Dangerous_Dan 11 Feb 2013 12:56:07 2,378 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah I think so, but no tricks wanted here ;) I will have to learn some new techniques. My shield is not strong enough to withstand his explosive attack. I already found that rolling to the side while he does his blasting punch is much better than rolling backwards.

Edited by Dangerous_Dan at 12:56:32 11-02-2013
  • spindle9988 11 Feb 2013 13:12:03 3,629 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I also dropped the winged spear because I coouldnt carry it. Will it still be there if I go back. I forgot how good the community is for demon souls
  • Bremenacht 11 Feb 2013 14:08:11 18,792 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    spindle9988 wrote:
    I forgot how good the community is for demon souls
    Yeah, a fair part of my enjoyment of this game and Dark Souls has been through people like DD, Puddleduck, Quadfather etc etc helping and encouraging me through them. Plus the clever message system. Otherwise, I'd have put both down mid-way through, and probably not returned. Best of all, both games reward you for sticking with them - you feel you've actually overcome something by completing them.

Well, I've not actually finished Demon's Souls yet. Hope I'm not getting ahead of myself there.
  • quadfather 11 Feb 2013 14:59:59 12,989 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    spindle9988 wrote:
    @quadfather

I am way too scared to try that. Started as a temple knight so I have that big scythe thingy. Any recommendations on how to take the dragon out?
    The best way is to start 1-2, run forward until the dragon starts making his run. Time it so that you leggit after him so you can make it to the next turret thing and then go to the top of that. Stand on the right hand side, facing where you came onto the bridge and you'll see the dragon doing it's regular sweep. Get a bow out and zoom in and fire pretty much exactly after you hear his second noise (you'll get a good rhythm after a while). You can get two arrows to hit him if you time it right.

If you're using a standard non-upgraded shortbow, it'll a) take a while, and b) will need a lot of arrows (possibly 100-150?). If you have a fairly decent bow though, that's been upgraded, you'll do it with about 40-50 arrows (i'm talking a compound long bow, upgraded a bit - you can get one from 4-1)

• quadfather 11 Feb 2013 15:02:20 12,989 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    spindle9988 wrote:
    I also dropped the winged spear because I coouldnt carry it. Will it still be there if I go back. I forgot how good the community is for demon souls
    Mm, it might be. Might not though - did you pick it up and then drop it? Or did it just say "Cannot carry: Would overburden"? If it's the latter, it might be still there

• quadfather 11 Feb 2013 15:04:18 12,989 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Dangerous_Dan wrote:
    Yeah I think so, but no tricks wanted here ;) I will have to learn some new techniques. My shield is not strong enough to withstand his explosive attack. I already found that rolling to the side while he does his blasting punch is much better than rolling backwards.
    I suppose if I got the knack of getting to him via the shortcut without falling to my death 655 times, I'd probably take the time to work him out :)

Which reminds me, I need to go an see scirvir

• spindle9988 11 Feb 2013 15:06:05 3,629 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @quadfather

I picked it up and dropped it, doh. Is worth starting again, or is it a weapon that one could do without?
  • quadfather 11 Feb 2013 15:10:52 12,989 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    spindle9988 wrote:
    @quadfather

I picked it up and dropped it, doh. Is worth starting again, or is it a weapon that one could do without?
    You can go without - there's plenty of other weapons. I'd definitely nip back there though, just to double check if it's still there - worth a shot.

If you're struggling with your equipment burden, there's an item in 1-1 that you give to stockpile thomas - in return, he'll give you something that will help with this

• spindle9988 11 Feb 2013 15:55:46 3,629 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @quadfather

Thanks mate. Much appreciated
  • FuzzyDuck 14 Feb 2013 12:27:25 4,451 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Debating what to do now!

1-1, 1-2, 2-1, 3-1 are done, i've the resultant boss souls (although gave a few of them to Sage Freke as I seem to have drifted towards a magic build with good strength and agility).

I've got a +5 short composite bow - is it worth crafting the lava bow?
  • quadfather 14 Feb 2013 12:38:54 12,989 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Lava bow is ok, but bear in mind it knocks people back slightly. This can be useful/annoying, depending on how you play (and if you want to cheese the maneater or not!) It's a good bow, but if you want raw power, make a sticky long compound bow +5. If you have a health amount of dex, it's the dogs.

Could try world 4?

What main weapon are you using?

• FourSevenZero 15 Feb 2013 13:56:43 82 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I haven't played for a while but I'd still love to finish my NG+ and maybe make a push for the plat (ok maybe not go that far I've still got lots to do!) and wondered if anyone fancied helping me push through a bit as I hit a bit of a wall? Last time I played I accidently hit Biorr vs Penetrator which he didn't appreciate and I had to kill him (oops & gutted) and I really struggled after that. I did help someone through there but couldn't get help myself so I gave up after that mishap!!! :(

I'm on EU and fairly high SL I think 140ish but I'll have to check exactly where I left it. Anyway getting passed The Big P would be a massive help and appreciated but no worries if not, just thought I'd put it out there :)
  • FuzzyDuck 15 Feb 2013 14:26:28 4,451 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Lava bow is ok, but bear in mind it knocks people back slightly. This can be useful/annoying, depending on how you play (and if you want to cheese the maneater or not!) It's a good bow, but if you want raw power, make a sticky long compound bow +5. If you have a health amount of dex, it's the dogs.

Could try world 4?

What main weapon are you using?
    I ended up neglecting my dex, it's pretty low.

Still using the enchanted falchion i got in 4-1, I've a +3 winged spear that i break out in narrow corridors. Also using Soul Arrow, Fire Toss for ranged attacks (I've just acquired Soul Ray too).

Aye it's looking like 4-1 is my next step alright! Although try as i might, i can't hit those flying ray things.
  • Bremenacht 15 Feb 2013 14:48:41 18,792 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ignore them, unless they attack (you'll hear them). Put on the thiefs ring and deal with the skellies first.
  • Page

of 505 First / Last