Demon's Souls Page 357

• Page

of 471 First / Last

• quadfather 30 Apr 2012 13:36:26 10,547 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    You choosing royalty to get it straight away, or going to 3.1 to downgrade the mercury one/buy it from singing woman?

Shit, we've got to beat Flamelurker too. totally forgot about that!

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Dangerous_Dan 30 Apr 2012 13:54:39 2,175 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm going to start with royality class I think. Together with the buckler it forces me to do the assassin play style from the start. I'm not a heavy magic attack spells user.
    Flamelurker is going to be fun. We all improved our skills in Dark Souls - I started up DeS the other day and found myself almost killing the tutorial boss because I'm used to evading roles and stuff by now.

Edited by Dangerous_Dan at 13:56:04 30-04-2012
  • quadfather 30 Apr 2012 14:07:15 10,547 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Madgod - good point :)

@Dan - okey dokey. I might fire it up tonight if I get a chance - see what characters i've got.

Getting quite stoked for this :)

• Dangerous_Dan 30 Apr 2012 14:14:44 2,175 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I hope my copy arrives soon - otherwise you guys go ahead and I'll catch up then. Now going back it feels a little bit old in some way but the atmosphere is just so damn good. The style is kind of more grown up, if this makes any sense. And the RPG system is more to my liking.
  • quadfather 30 Apr 2012 14:30:28 10,547 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Atmosphere is tons better imo. Love Dark etc, but I think Demon's has the edge, environment wise for me.

I doubt I'll get far Dan - It'll take me long enough to get used to it again. Plus I only really learnt backstabbing and parry/riposte on Dark, so I need to train that up in Demon's.

Madgod - yeah, I can't decide. It's all dependant on the weapons I want. Which I haven't decided. But I'm leaning more towards thief again I think

• quadfather 30 Apr 2012 14:58:54 10,547 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Madgod_Dc wrote:
    be warned parrying in demons is far different than dark. in fact, its easier. :D
    Yeah, I seem to remember you saying this. Is it a wider angle that you can backstab? And how is the parrying easier - more of a time window available?

• quadfather 30 Apr 2012 15:34:18 10,547 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    so if it's a smaller arc, surely it's harder, not easier?

• quadfather 30 Apr 2012 16:50:02 10,547 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    right, with you :)

Might try using the heater shield to start with, until I get the dark silver shield later on. Seems pretty solid and obtainable straight away

then it's either 3.1 for the secret dagger and / or rapier, or its 4.1 for either the uchi and/or the crescent doo-dad

• quadfather 30 Apr 2012 17:10:12 10,547 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Good luck - you'll be in Sen's soon

hehe

• puddleduck 30 Apr 2012 17:56:34 1,850 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I found Demon's very tough, I think it's the fact that getting good weapons is a lot tougher, whilst in Dark there's plenty of ways to get and upgrade weapons and gear.

That said, I haven't played Demon's since getting Dark and I may now find I'm not half as scared as I was.

Used to hate 3-1 until I grew to love it. It's not quite the same as when a victim of domestic abuse just gets used to it and keeps coming back. Almost, except in the Souls game, with you as the victim... one day the victim realises they've got a shotgun :p

I don't think I ever parried in Demons! No idea what weapon to get and no idea where anything is haha. You guys will have to let me know what I should try and clear/grab early in what order to make sure we've all got the right sort of areas opened up to co-op together :)
  • quadfather 30 Apr 2012 20:04:14 10,547 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I found demons harder but that's probably because it was the first one I played. Second character was a completely different ball game. Same with dark really though I still find dark easier overall. The tendency is demons takes a bit of getting used to-i played it without the help of a wiki so it was trial and error, tendency wise

• puddleduck 1 May 2012 05:49:07 1,850 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I only found Dark easier because I had spent two playthroughs of Demons getting used to the core combat mechanics.

I made a Royal first I think at Quad's recommendation, and then switched to an Uchi and Meat Clever. I wasn't playing online then until right at the end briefly so my characters were a long way from being intelligently designed. Will make a dex char this time, probably with the Uchi as it had an awesome moveset that I only started to use briefly at the end of Demons.

Edited by puddleduck at 05:50:21 01-05-2012
  • puddleduck 1 May 2012 08:16:32 1,850 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just in 1-1 now. Started as a temple knight if you guys are gonna be dex based I'll go strength based :)

I remember carefully going the long way around to Ostrava every time last time I played. This time I just dropped down and double handed my halberd haha

What should I be looking to grab early days from places? Also what SL am I looking to go to and stay at for the MP session? Obviously can start anoher if I go past it with this guy, just so I know though :)
  • quadfather 1 May 2012 08:36:18 10,547 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Not sure. If you're strength based, I guess you need to do phalanx and then flamelurker for upgrades. What weapon are you going for and stats?

I managed 20 minutes of 1-1 last night, pissed, after the football. Madgod is right-backstabs are harder but parrying is a lot easier

• puddleduck 1 May 2012 08:43:46 1,850 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm still backstabbing quite a lot though. Accidentally even got Ostrava as we took out the people at the bottom as, didn't seem to mind once he got up. Backstabbed the blue knights too. Thief ring and cling ring now picked up. Got a bastard sword but need to up my strength.

Might make this guy kind of knightish. Get him some faith and a normal long sword or something resembling a long sword. Must admit I'm enjoying it haha Feels a bit more tense after playing so much Dark and the game is still really responsive and does actually look good still.
  • quadfather 1 May 2012 10:24:51 10,547 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah, I was loving it last night. Brought it all back again :)

I did get some backstabs in, but I'm still using the dagger (started a thief) + pissed = not many backstabs overall

I need to kill phalanx and get to either 3.1 or 4.1 for the rapier/secret dagger or crescent falchion

Not overly fond of going straight to 3.1 / 4.1 without boosting a bit. Am a tad scared :-)

I'll do 1.1 a few times to get back in the swing of it.

Where's the claymore - is that in 1.1?

• puddleduck 1 May 2012 11:15:34 1,850 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Merchant in 1-2 or dropped by Blue Eye Knight. Currently using the bastard sword. SL 18 now heh Phalanx is dead but now I'm body form I'm worried I'll get invaded :p

Already grabbed the stuff by the dragons when the world went white after killing phalanx, then did miralda and grabbed the stuff there. Gonna go to 1-2 and try and get a claymore.
  • quadfather 1 May 2012 11:37:00 10,547 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Is the bastard sword fast? I can't remember.

Heh, invasion! Reminds me that I saw a fair few online ghosts last night - looks like it's still being played a bit.

Are you pure white and in human form? Risky!

So you've got the brushwood armour then? It's pretty heavy though iirc. Might suit your character though

Gah, what the fuck am I doing at work, there's levels to be done!

• puddleduck 1 May 2012 11:40:50 1,850 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Haha, yeah only wearing a bit of mirdan starting armour at the mo with the starting heater shield (until I get my strength up 4 more levels for Purple Flame Shield). Also now got a winger spear as my second weapon for those tight moments. Err bastard swords like a wide archey swing. Not that quick. Need 6000 souls for Claymore. Will get it after I kill some things for a bit and see what it's like.

Oh and went and said hi to the Red Eye Knight and killed him without taking damage at SL 15. Heh.

Going alright so far, but, I only really remember cheesing a lot of the bosses with magic on this game so I'm gonna struggle taking them all one alone at the moment heh :)

Should be fun with 2 or 3 of us though :)
  • quadfather 1 May 2012 11:43:21 10,547 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Madgod_Dc wrote:
    *protip* - well in 3-1, if you use the posts to hide behind, you can run and backstab once the mindflayers walk away from you. ;)

just be careful they don't spot you.
    true, but

a) I've got about 8 hitpoints
    b) I've got a dagger. It's not very big.

age old 'which weapon to use' dilemma incoming

• Page

of 471 First / Last