Aion Online The Tower of Eternity Page 9

• Page

of 10 First / Last

• Deleted user 11 October 2009 19:41:36
    M83J01P97 wrote:
    Yes, but healers also can fight back as well. They can even wear mail.

Equivalent of a WoW paladin :p
  • Deleted user 11 October 2009 19:43:12
    Healaloladin
  • Fatiguez 11 Oct 2009 19:43:40 8,707 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Oh I don't want to play another game with paladins, those guys are the worst
  • Deleted user 11 October 2009 20:34:56
    19 min q at the moment, I can live with that.

/puts kettle on
  • ZuluHero 12 Oct 2009 00:03:54 4,028 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They are not paladins. They are healers. That wear mail.

And the queues are getting better, only 33 minute queue for me tonight.
  • Deleted user 12 October 2009 00:23:41
    Better than wow?

In so many ways, no.

In so many ways yes.

The first worthy alternative.
  • Benno 12 Oct 2009 00:30:51 9,797 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If warhammer didnt have pop issues it would be miles better
  • Deleted user 12 October 2009 00:42:04
    Benno wrote:

You need smacked upside the head for such a silly statement.
  • ZuluHero 12 Oct 2009 09:06:56 4,028 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Chinster wrote:
    Benno wrote:

yeah, Aion is in a whole different league. But (IMO) the same league as WoW nonetheless.
  • Claypole 12 Oct 2009 18:44:09 10 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Levels 1 - 20 were enjoyable, after that seems like a mindless grindfest.
  • ZuluHero 13 Oct 2009 10:43:33 4,028 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    really? I've just hit 25, started taking my abyss exams and have 30/30 quests in my log.

Still have loads to do and not enough time to do it all. The fact that most quests give you in excess of 100k xp practically negates all grind. And the fact that you can get between 10-30k xp from killing a single mob of my level means levelling is insanely fast.

At level 25 i need 2.5mil xp to get to 26. Even if i just grind mobs and leave the quests, thats only 250 mobs (at the lowest 10k EXP value). Xp from quests aside, you'd have to kill around 100 during the course of fulfilling a quest anyway (more if you're after a drop that isn't 100%)

Im still doing a level a night (almost).
  • Benno 13 Oct 2009 11:53:48 9,797 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    Chinster wrote:
    Benno wrote:

yeah, Aion is in a whole different league. But (IMO) the same league as WoW nonetheless.

Aion is good, but its no where near wows league. I also dont think its good as warhammer was when that first came out.
  • Benno 13 Oct 2009 11:54:55 9,797 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    really? I've just hit 25, started taking my abyss exams and have 30/30 quests in my log.

Still have loads to do and not enough time to do it all. The fact that most quests give you in excess of 100k xp practically negates all grind. And the fact that you can get between 10-30k xp from killing a single mob of my level means levelling is insanely fast.

At level 25 i need 2.5mil xp to get to 26. Even if i just grind mobs and leave the quests, thats only 250 mobs (at the lowest 10k EXP value). Xp from quests aside, you'd have to kill around 100 during the course of fulfilling a quest anyway (more if you're after a drop that isn't 100%)

Im still doing a level a night (almost).

100 mobs for 1 quest? thats pretty insane, most MMOs aim for around 15-20
  • Serraphin 13 Oct 2009 12:50:49 249 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm hoping he means a 'level' worth of questing requires killing 100 mobs? I'm on 24 and a bit and 100 mobs per quest would make me a sad panda. Although at 25 I'm just going to spend a majority of my time in Aion smacking the pigeons (Elyos) upside there head.
  • ZuluHero 13 Oct 2009 20:57:54 4,028 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    yeah sorry - I meant a 100 over the course of all the quests for a level. 20 here, 10 there, that kind of thing.

And Aion to me feels like WoW used to. I could only stomach WAR to level 13 and i quit within my free month. WAR was ok, but it really isn't a patch on Aion. I wish Aion had the PQs though, best thing ive seen in an MMO for a while.

From a presentation point of view, aion beats wow hands down. Its slick, it looks visually stunning and the graphics are great and up-to-date. The cutscene stuff is teh icing on the cake and really makes you feel more involved than anything in wow. I still don't feel like i accomplished anything in my 3 years in wow...
  • Deleted user 13 October 2009 22:23:04
    Played a bit more today. Brilliant game, hope it survives.
  • Benno 13 Oct 2009 23:19:12 9,797 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    yeah me too, I am sure it will
  • mathyoubis 14 Oct 2009 10:37:25 65 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Aion is a good game, it deserves to do well. NCSoft seem to be doing something about the gold spam and bots now as well. I love how it looks though, gorgeous, good old Crysis Engine. (CryTek)
  • Deleted user 14 October 2009 10:48:51
    I don't think it's even the Crysis engine, i think it's the Farcry 1 engine. I may be wrong though :D
  • mathyoubis 14 Oct 2009 10:57:12 65 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Aha, it's the CryEngine: http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,689807/Aion-interview-CryEngine-scales-perfectly-on-different-PCs/News/
  • Hypercube 14 Oct 2009 11:00:59 976 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If they get server transfers in place and I can play for short bursts on Spatalos, I might even reach lvl 20 one day!

Just haven't had time recently, but I do have a nice set of self-crafted plate armour now :)
  • mathyoubis 14 Oct 2009 12:15:04 65 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hypercube: I have a friend I can ask about that, he knows a couple of the NCSoft folks.

Do you have any screens of that armour, sounds cool!
  • Hypercube 14 Oct 2009 12:36:22 976 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mathyoubis wrote:
    Hypercube: I have a friend I can ask about that, he knows a couple of the NCSoft folks.

It's the lowest level crafted armour, but it looks pretty good. Pretty much all the plate armour in Aion looks the business, which is why I went for the Templar - shield n plate all the way!

I'll see about getting a screenshot some time soon.
  • ZuluHero 14 Oct 2009 12:47:00 4,028 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hypercube wrote:
    If they get server transfers in place and I can play for short bursts on Spatalos, I might even reach lvl 20 one day!

Just haven't had time recently, but I do have a nice set of self-crafted plate armour now :)

For the past few nights the queues have never been more that 20 mins for me at peak times. And NCSoft have been cracking down on goldsellers and bots too.
  • Hypercube 14 Oct 2009 13:10:17 976 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    Hypercube wrote:

For the past few nights the queues have never been more that 20 mins for me at peak times. And NCSoft have been cracking down on goldsellers and bots too.

Awesome, that's great news! I've just been so busy the last few days that I've not had any time at all to play.

But a reduction in queue time is a great sign for things to come - I'll be sticking with it then ;)
  • Scimarad 14 Oct 2009 18:43:10 8,530 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hypercube wrote:
    mathyoubis wrote:

It's the lowest level crafted armour, but it looks pretty good. Pretty much all the plate armour in Aion looks the business, which is why I went for the Templar - shield n plate all the way!

I took one look at the amount of time and effort I'd need to craft some armour and promptly thought "Bugger that!"
  • Hunam 17 Oct 2009 22:31:51 20,674 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    A fair few month's I'd imagine. NCSoft are pretty savvy and I'd doubt they'd give it out too early whilst the sales are still pretty high.
  • mathyoubis 20 Oct 2009 10:28:27 65 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hypercube wrote:It's the lowest level crafted armour, but it looks pretty good. Pretty much all the plate armour in Aion looks the business, which is why I went for the Templar - shield n plate all the way!

That would be pretty sweet to see. I love checking out cool designs and so on in games. That's one of the things I don't like about some other rpgs, your character is always stuck in the same old clothes even if you have bought new clothes/armour.

Final Fantasy etc etc.

How is the crafting in Aion, haven't really looked deeply into it.
  • Benno 20 Oct 2009 11:24:07 9,797 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    blizeH wrote:
    How long until a trial is out for this please? Really like the concept

about half a year
  • Page

of 10 First / Last