of 366 First / Last

• Widge Moderator 26 Sep 2013 18:27:08 13,402 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    bdaggers wrote:
    Widge wrote:
    FUCK
    POCKET TRAINS
    Looks like they ripped the wings off the planes. Is that the only difference ? Pocket Planes ruined my life for about two weeks....
    Slicker interface, nicer graphics, mechanics seems better, interesting twist where only one train can travel on a track (it owns it). Enough to get me in. I know there is minimal strategy to it, but I find it like a little electric bonsai tree.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• THFourteen 2 Oct 2013 12:15:54 33,099 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    http://www.droidgamers.com/index.php/game-news/android-game-news/6758-transport-tycoon-gets-an-official-release-date-coming-october-3rd-to-android

Not long to go \o/
  • HoriZon 2 Oct 2013 17:12:19 13,522 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    So what's Shadowrun like ?

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• THFourteen 2 Oct 2013 17:45:00 33,099 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dunno, waiting for a patch so it's not crashy

;-)
  • THFourteen 3 Oct 2013 07:29:19 33,099 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    http://www.droidgamers.com/index.php/game-news/android-game-news/6758-transport-tycoon-gets-an-official-release-date-coming-october-3rd-to-android

Not long to go \o/
    Almost fell off the escalator playing this this morning.

Graphics are a lot worse than i remember. But otherwise seems ace so far, only done 3 tutorials

Yeah just looking at some screenshots from the old game, definitely more detail in the models and less blurry.

Not sure why they've gone for this look, its turd

Edited by THFourteen at 08:47:36 03-10-2013
  • uiruki 3 Oct 2013 08:53:59 3,676 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Does it have the old music?

edit: Sod it, it's only a fiver - and no in-app purchases either. It has new versions of the old music! First thought on loading it up - "I should have downloaded this on my iPad first". Interested to see how it plays on iPhone first, though.

Edited by uiruki at 09:07:10 03-10-2013
  • THFourteen 3 Oct 2013 09:29:43 33,099 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    heh yeah i think it has the title music at least, i had spotify on in the background.

Unbelievable really playing something like this on a mobile device that i used to have a massive PC for with a massive CRT screen attached. Don't think i'll ever get over that.

Want to go home and play some more.
  • uiruki 3 Oct 2013 09:52:43 3,676 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Actually getting in I think it's just the old MIDIs of the ingame music. Not that that isn't exactly what I was after!

I think they've made the interface more tap-friendly by adding more confirmation steps to road building and waypoint setting. They definitely don't seem to have toned anything down - if anything, they've exposed more of the calculations going on compared to what I remember of OpenTTD.
  • elephantjuice 3 Oct 2013 11:58:51 646 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Does TT have cloud saving?
  • THFourteen 3 Oct 2013 12:50:55 33,099 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It does i think!
  • elephantjuice 3 Oct 2013 12:52:15 646 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Thanks, bought anyway!
  • TarickStonefire 4 Oct 2013 08:58:33 2,978 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm reading it's not really TT but a slightly dumbed down port of the sequel Locomotion, which is also not considered as good as proper TT.

I've never played TT, or OTTD but always fancied the idea of it. But it looks ugly as sin and deeply complicated, which is a pity because I generally love sim games. So while I'm persistently tempted to install the hideous OTTD on my Mac but never do, I was mildly excited about this but the more I read the less interested I am.

Anyone who isn't just bowled over by their memories of the music able to comment on the actual gameplay? ;)

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• Flying_Pig 5 Oct 2013 17:42:37 10,858 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's 100% TT from my perspective. Look rough (why?) but does play really well. My main grip is that it doesn't auto save and I've had 2 crashes, loosing a ton of progress :(

Also the path finding of the buses is shite. But them it wouldn't be TT if your buses/vans/trains didn't get stuck for no reason.

They do need to sort out the crashes ASAP, though.
  • CharlieStCloud 17 Oct 2013 19:25:36 5,202 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    From the makers of Beat Sneak Bandit and the best iOS game of the year (thus far), Year Walk, comes DEVICE 6, a murder mystery-ish novella game that involves and revolves around an unusually unpleasant doll.

... my brain already hurts!

Oh, I can already picture a lot of low ratings for this game because of those THICK casual users whose attention span is comparable to a goldfish being strapped to the world slowest snail.

p.s. I would like to recommend 'Fist of AWESOME!' to compliment DEVICE 6, especially after a rather taxing puzzle!
  • Vinicity 22 Oct 2013 12:17:40 203 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Device 6 is stunningly good and I loved every minute. Almost as good as Year Walk, the latter which I felt had somewhat better atmosphere...
  • Singularity 24 Oct 2013 15:57:08 2,437 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've tried to like it and give it time as I love Puzzle Quest and Marvel, but Marvel Puzzle Quest is getting right on my tits.

I would've happily plunked down six of my quids for a proper game, but I refuse to buy virtual currency, and having to sit around waiting for things to happen is only acceptable in Animal Crossing.
  • THFourteen 28 Oct 2013 23:15:29 33,099 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just finished the rather excellent Gemini Rue.

Nice little point n click adventure with a good story
  • TH_1 29 Oct 2013 14:57:04 4 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    Gemini Rue for iPad is a cool one - I have played it since released for PC and this one is much better.

We love turn-based multiplayer strategy as much as you do! Join our beta test at www.tacticalheroes.com and battle for resources on the harsh surface of Eden!

• THFourteen 29 Oct 2013 15:17:55 33,099 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    aAAARgh

who are you TH1

are you my evil nemisis
  • Widge Moderator 18 Nov 2013 11:09:22 13,402 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just noticed some Wind Waker-alike on the main store page, scored by the Final Fantasy bods. Pricey, which implies a focus on game and not drip fed revenue income. Mentions that it is iOS7 controller compatible. When is that appearing? Could be bloody marvellous to have that for games. Effectively turns the wee things into a direct Vita competitor (if people can be bothered to make controller only games).

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• THFourteen 27 Nov 2013 19:16:07 33,099 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Few games on sale today including XCOM, Civ Rev and Shadowrun.

Think I might pick up XCOM!

Also Skulls of the Shogun out now, looks pretty good 9/10 on EG.
  • CharlieStCloud 12 Dec 2013 18:20:02 5,202 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ooh, lots of new games this evening!

Angry Birds Go!
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
    LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
    Ski Safari: Adventure Time
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2

... and best of all, the follow up to the iOS game of the year (last year), The Room Two.

: )
  • DaM 12 Dec 2013 19:30:06 12,968 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Great timing, this time tomorrow I'll be boarding a flight to Melbourne (or more likely having a pre-flight pint).
  • DaM 12 Dec 2013 19:32:24 12,968 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've been playing a lot of Tilt To Live 2 - same idea as the first one, all new weapons, just as addictive. It's a real leg-go-to-sleep-on-the-toileter.
  • HoriZon 13 Dec 2013 15:35:25 13,522 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    New Star Trek: Trexels anyone got it yet looks a bit like Star Command but Trek :)

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/star-trek-trexels/id683978968?mt=8

• CharlieStCloud 13 Dec 2013 23:45:44 5,202 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @DaM

How's your flight, and what are you playing?

... I hope you are not flying out to watch the Ashes.

: (
  • THFourteen 14 Dec 2013 09:29:01 33,099 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The big new Baldurs Gate patch is live!

The patch notes don't tell the whole story, for example the save games are now sorted in order of save time, which in itself is worth its weight in gold!

Don't forget 21st December is the 15 year anniversary of the original Baldurs Gate release.
  • HoriZon 17 Dec 2013 00:54:50 13,522 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Tomb Radier 1 has just hit the App Store for iPhone and iPad for a mere 69p

• CharlieStCloud 17 Dec 2013 08:30:23 5,202 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @HoriZon

Just seen the screenshots for the game and holy-crap, those tiny control options on the right hand side is ridicuous! They take up half of the screen for goodness sake.

... still, it is a better Tomb Raider game than the one that was released earlier in the year.
  • THFourteen 17 Dec 2013 08:43:19 33,099 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Been playing the walking dead season 1 on my ipad. Yes yes I never got round to it!

Still a tiny bit choppy in places on an a7.

Enjoying it because I love the series but I'm surprised at exactly how highly rated it is considering there isn't actually that much game it's more of an interactive story.
  • Page

of 366 First / Last