Iran moves the hour hand closer to midnight Page 20

• Page

of 22 First / Last

• TVoJ 28 Oct 2013 08:38:52 1,852 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    That was pretty outrageous.
    The way he nonchalantly talks about "picking up a cell and calling somewhere in Nebraska" is endemic of people's perceptions of Americans.

Dropping a nuke anywhere is a pretty big fucking deal, but this guy acts as if its something that can be done in between scoffing your morning bagel and washing it down with coffee. Maybe take a wee look at the stockmarkets after its done.

Thank fuck for Obama.
  • RedSparrows 28 Oct 2013 13:31:09 22,215 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Problem: Iran is run by a bunch of people who hate Israel & the USA, and want nukes themselves.

Solution: drop a bomb on a remote region (ach, who cares if anyone actually lives there or not) to 'show them what happens'

Result: Iran meekly runs away, rather than accelerating its own plans to do whatever it can to fuck Israel et al.

Yeah! Simple! It's not like anyone knows what happens when a nuclear bomb drops on a city, right?
  • senso-ji 28 Oct 2013 13:38:59 5,839 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Thread title should be changed to 'Iran/Israel/USA will probably end up starting WW3 soon'
  • Mola_Ram 28 Oct 2013 14:04:23 7,141 posts
    Seen 47 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Soon? How soon is soon?

I mean, this thread has been here for over 5 years now? And there have been claims about Iran wanting (and being "close" to getting) a nuke for much longer than that. There have been "red lines" and "points of no return" being crossed (and then recalculated) for god knows how long.

Obviously one would not want to be wrong about this, but I'm finding it increasingly hard to take claims about Iran and nukes seriously. The boy has cried wolf far too many times.

And besides, I'm not convinced that Iran having them will be the end of the world. What are they going to do? Actually using the things will basically guarantee the destruction of their country. It's like the MAD principle without the "mutual" part.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 14:23:33 28-10-2013
  • Bremenacht 8 Nov 2013 16:30:32 17,687 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Depends on who's in charge really.

Changes.
  • Darth_Flibble 8 Nov 2013 17:43:40 1,652 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    And besides, I'm not convinced that Iran having them will be the end of the world. What are they going to do? Actually using the things will basically guarantee the destruction of their country. It's like the MAD principle without the "mutual" part.
    The problem is not them using them as a missile but having weapons grade nuclear material and who they give it to.Despite the shift in Iran to a President who is not mental rabid dog, I bet they are nutjobs who would happily blow up them-self in Israel with some kind of bomb made with nuclear material to start WW3. Sounds a bit "tom clancy" but its not impossible
  • fletch7100 8 Nov 2013 18:02:26 7,127 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    http://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-has-80-nuclear-warheads-report-says/
  • Bremenacht 8 Nov 2013 18:06:15 17,687 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    elmastero wrote:
    To confirm Mola, I quote this from Iran's foreign minister Zarif: "Netanyahu has been saying Iran will reach nukes in six months since '91 !"

The things is their 20 percent enrichment of Uranium really doesn't make for nukes.You don't even need a nuclear engineer to tell you that.Iran is a developing country and with this undying energy crisis, I don't think they ever think of anything but solving their own civil problems.
    Well, Netanyahu probably has! Who'd expect anything other than hawkishness from him.

20% is fine for nukes if you produce enough of it, and Iran has produced far in excess of their requirement for power generation. Hence, all the suspicion.
  • ILoveThrashMetal 8 Nov 2013 18:21:46 702 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I think Israel is run by complete nut jobs and I personally think are more of a threat to world peace than Iran or any middle Eastern country.
    How many UN resolutions have they broken? 

Arsechickens

• reggy72 8 Nov 2013 18:29:08 272 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    It was reported on the BBC website that the house of Saud is buying nuclear weapons and the associated technology from Pakistan, Saudi already has a Chinese long range missile system, looks like a nuclear Arms race is about to begin in the ME, fucking great news as a medieval tribe like society now or will shortly have access to 21st century weapons of mass destruction!
  • DaM 8 Nov 2013 19:16:20 12,968 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    reggy72 wrote:
    It was reported on the BBC website that the house of Saud is buying nuclear weapons and the associated technology from Pakistan, Saudi already has a Chinese long range missile system, looks like a nuclear Arms race is about to begin in the ME, fucking great news as a medieval tribe like society now or will shortly have access to 21st century weapons of mass destruction!
    It's worse than that.

Essential Pakistan have some nukes sitting on the shelf in the backroom for Saudi Arabia - if Iran ever gets a viable bomb, they will just send Fedex to pick them up.

Handily they have rocket launch sites already aiming at Iran and Israel, for all eventualities.

I don't hold much hope that some nutjob in the Middle East is going to get hold of a viable device and not set it off.
  • fletch7100 9 Nov 2013 06:26:18 7,127 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Isarel has always had its share of nutjobs, just have to look at the Lavon affair to see what they will try. Not saying we are innocent, majority of countries get up to the same sort of antics
  • reggy72 9 Nov 2013 10:03:04 272 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    fuck it, its about time to lead line my basement and build a faraday cage for all my gaming goodness, Jp DC's in good working order are becoming scarce these days.
  • Bremenacht 9 Nov 2013 12:46:48 17,687 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    He wrote that in the context of what that 'nuke Iran' nutter said in that video.
  • Bremenacht 9 Nov 2013 13:21:07 17,687 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    elmastero wrote:
    Musta missed that video then.
    Here you go

Mola_Ram wrote:
    It's a few days old, but in case people haven't seen it... major GOP donor wants to nuke Iran.

But not actually nuke it. Just, you know, a warning nuclear bomb, dropped on some desert somewhere. Obviously nobody would be hurt. It's not like radiation can drift to other places or anything.

Also, I don't know about Iranian scientists, but having the awesome power of a weapon demonstrated to me would probably make me want it more, not less.
  • Moot_Point 9 Nov 2013 13:54:50 3,959 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Czy korzystasz z Google Translate, moron?

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• Dangerous_Dan 9 Nov 2013 14:02:21 2,380 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Iraq wanted to challenge the petrodollar standard. At the time there was not enough willingness of other powers to support that move.

Now Iran's oil is being sold without dollar involvement, at least to China.
    The potential WW 3 is about challenging the influence of the U.S. , the privilege of issuing the world reserve currency and the military power that is sustained by it.

China and Russia and others are signing their currency deals among each other
  • xuiton 9 Nov 2013 14:41:43 297 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    iran should have nuclear weapons if it wants. why should the usa or britain for that matter decide who can have them. israel and the USA are the bullies. Iran is surrounded by usa bases, has israel constantly making threats and the israeli loving american politicians constantly calling for war.

Personally I hope they do develop them and russia gives them the means to deliver them.

iran might not be as free as teh west, but they are not ran my mad men either. everything they do is rational in terms of what states do. they act in their interest and it is in their interest to defend itself. iran is a powerful-ish country for one in the middle east and israel does not like any other regional power, hence the constant threats.

Edited by xuiton at 14:44:06 09-11-2013
  • Moot_Point 9 Nov 2013 14:45:40 3,959 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @xuiton I agree. WW3 could solve the immigration problem. ;)

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• Bremenacht 9 Nov 2013 14:51:59 17,687 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    moron wrote:
    Hussein Iraq and Gadaffi Libia were the main enemies of al-Qaeda
    Really? What's your basis for claiming that?

Edited by Bremenacht at 14:53:05 09-11-2013
  • xuiton 9 Nov 2013 14:55:34 297 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Moot_Point the iranians are not morons, if they get nukes, they will not use them unless someone attacks them first.
  • Page

of 22 First / Last