Possible New PES leagues and ladders

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Doddz3h 3 Jun 2008 13:42:58 7 posts
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hi people
    I've been thinking about creating a dedicated website with small cups and ladders for PES 08 players.

I fancy doing this as a little web project but im hoping to get a nice site where you just tap in some details and you can hook a match up in no time in a ladder and also compete in little cups.

So before i commit alot of time to the building of the site I would like to know who likes the idea and would use it.
    Also any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,
    Doddz3h
  • TheBear 3 Jun 2008 13:51:03 4,536 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I would certainly be interested in taking part. We had a Champions League style cup going here, but it seems to have fallen by the wayside, have a look here for more info.
    Good luck with it.
  • Doddz3h 3 Jun 2008 14:03:36 7 posts
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll check that out =]

If I am to go ahead I would be interested in forming a admin team. So if anyone has an interest in PES for the Wii and fancies watching over some leagues with some others let me know.
  • wonk 3 Jun 2008 14:23:05 367 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I am definitely keen, some functionality around deadlines on matches etc. would be good.

I don't have any coding ability but an happy to help out if I can.
  • Deleted user 3 June 2008 14:23:15
    I am definitely up for this. How weird as I was thinking the same thing this morning. Good idea I think. Count me in.
  • Doddz3h 3 Jun 2008 15:03:58 7 posts
    Registered 7 years ago
    Great minds think alike rossag =P

I could get some forums and a domain up and running in no time but as for the site and all the scripts that would need coding that would take a while.

Watch this space!
  • wonk 3 Jun 2008 15:22:21 367 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bored at work and googling, could we use something like this? http://www.leaguerepublic.com/

Or an open source league management thing?
  • Doddz3h 3 Jun 2008 15:45:49 7 posts
    Registered 7 years ago
    http://www.leaguerepublic.com/pricing.jsp
    100 a year to use that with your own domain =| wow

yeah they good idea's but from past experience its never properly worked using things like that (N) which is a shame. i'll have to think about it after work. by the looks of things this site could be making its starting steps soon.

any idea's for names?
  • wonk 3 Jun 2008 15:55:37 367 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, the price was a bit ridiculous, any the example sites are hideous.
  • naam_pearl 4 Jun 2008 14:19:05 120 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Doddz3h wrote:
    Hi people
    I've been thinking about creating a dedicated website with small cups and ladders for PES 08 players.

I fancy doing this as a little web project but im hoping to get a nice site where you just tap in some details and you can hook a match up in no time in a ladder and also compete in little cups.

So before i commit alot of time to the building of the site I would like to know who likes the idea and would use it.
    Also any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,
    Doddz3h

Sounds like a pretty good idea. I'd be up for using it.
  • thiswaynow 4 Jun 2008 17:55:53 278 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    wonk wrote:

Ridiculous cheap I assume?
  • Doddz3h 4 Jun 2008 22:51:50 7 posts
    Registered 7 years ago
    thiswaynow wrote:
    wonk wrote:

quite the opposite
  • rock27gr 4 Jun 2008 23:08:05 5,787 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'd be in for a more structured tournament. Our group tournament failed misserably, though TBF a few people realy came through, like Wonk.
  • thiswaynow 5 Jun 2008 00:35:15 278 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Doddz3h wrote:
    thiswaynow wrote:
    wonk wrote:

quite the opposite

As a web developer for the last 10 years 100 sounds cheap to me... although I haven't really looked at what they are offering. It doesn't sounds pricey for a yearly cost if the website is produces is any good. Very cheap, in fact.
  • wonk 5 Jun 2008 09:05:21 367 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Although we are wandering off topic, I think it is a reasonable price if oyou are a local sports association looking to organise leagues, I think for our purposes its a big investment for something we are just trying to get off the ground.
  • Doddz3h 5 Jun 2008 09:16:14 7 posts
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thanks for your feedback everyone
    I'd be in for a more structured tournament. Our group tournament failed misserably, though TBF a few people realy came through, like Wonk.

My initial idea is to have many leagues/ladders of few people so we keep it close and it'll help you get to know other players better since you wil be in a small group, then after so long there would be a group shuffle or just promotions / demotions to get some uniformity in the differrent groups. I'm open to other ideas as we still on the drawing board atm.

As a web developer for the last 10 years 100 sounds cheap to me... although I haven't really looked at what they are offering. It doesn't sounds pricey for a yearly cost if the website is produces is any good. Very cheap, in fact.

True it is cheap in them terms but you are getting for what you pay for in that sense too.
    - its not customized to what you want
    - its not a one off developing fee 100 pound per year per league/ladder we are only paying to use it
    - you need to pay an extra 50 to remove the adverts per league/ladder per year

so there is no chance for us to put our own ads on to claim back our own running costs and it makes expansion a expensive venture. Plus its a 100 i wouldn't like to be out of pocket if it were to flop.

Since you have had a lot of experience in web developing, would making a PHP and MySQL driven site be the best road to follow for this site in your view?

Also anyone interested in the Wii PES leagues and ladders?
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next