Star Vs Black Hole - FIGHT!

Edited by ZuluHero at 12:39:54 04-04-2014
  • Salaman 4 Apr 2014 13:03:13 18,959 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Physically_Insane wrote:
    the_dudefather wrote:
    Loved this!
    They starved the poor red panda for several days before teasing him with tantalisingly juicy greens on a tray just outside his reach. Animal cruelty to entertain the masses once again.
    This thread disgusts me now.
  • Blaketown 4 Apr 2014 13:36:19 4,645 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:

And now the death of a star is supposed to be entertainment!

This thread has no morals.

This is amazing by the way

Brap, brap, old chap.

• the_dudefather 4 Apr 2014 13:38:40 9,285 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Salaman wrote:
    Physically_Insane wrote:
    the_dudefather wrote:
    Loved this!
    They starved the poor red panda for several days before teasing him with tantalisingly juicy greens on a tray just outside his reach. Animal cruelty to entertain the masses once again.
    This thread disgusts me now.
    when the scene suddenly jump cuts, they nail the creature's paws to the tray

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• Salaman 4 Apr 2014 13:58:02 18,959 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:

I thought stars stayed put* and planets orbit them?
    How come this one comes trucking along into the path of that black hole just sitting there?

*relatively ... I guess they move as the whole universe expands but relative to each other they'd only be getting further away from each other
  • Bremenacht 4 Apr 2014 14:04:56 17,806 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Salaman wrote:
    OptimusPube wrote:
    That has been posted before and it is animal cruelty, that cat is being tugged at by the tail.
    Yeah that's why the cat is just sitting there letting her tail being tugged rather than turning around and giving the hand that tags a rake of her claws.

Ture .. it's not a cat twerking. It's someone manipulating the cat so it looks like it.
    Cat's aren't wussies though. You're not going to do something deeply unpleasant and cruel to them without losing some skin and a bit of blood.
    They stapled its front paws to the bed.
  • Bremenacht 4 Apr 2014 14:05:50 17,806 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Salaman wrote:
    How come this one comes trucking along into the path of that black hole just sitting there?

*relatively ... I guess they move as the whole universe expands but relative to each other they'd only be getting further away from each other
    Some stars orbit other stars
  • Physically_Insane 4 Apr 2014 14:35:24 8,765 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Salaman wrote:
    ZuluHero wrote:

Stars are constantly dancing in between each other by the gravity of other closeby stars.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 4 Apr 2014 14:54:01 37,849 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Everything is moving. We move round the sun, the sun moves around one of the outer spiral arms of the milky way, along with other stars and gases.

The milky way itself is moving too, 630 km per second (1.3 million miles per hour according to this link). And apparently galaxies sometimes collide with each other, I bet that's fun for anything inside!

One theory is everything is accelerating and one day matter will start moving so fast the matter will no longer be able to hold itself together and the universe will disintegrate.

Sleep well :)

Edited by MrTomFTW at 14:59:44 04-04-2014

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• billythekid 4 Apr 2014 14:59:49 11,109 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    Everything is moving. We move round the sun, the sun moves around one of the outer spiral arms of the milky way, along with other stars and gases.

The milky way itself is moving too, 630 km per second it's believed. And apparently galaxies sometimes collide with each other, I bet that's fun for anything inside!

One theory is everything is accelerating and one day matter will start moving so fast the matter will no longer be able to hold itself together and the universe will disintegrate.

Sleep well :)
    People don't have time to worry about shit like this, not when our children are being force fed raw eggs.
  • Bremenacht 4 Apr 2014 15:10:57 17,806 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's the one about expansion and the deep freeze that I don't like. Plus, imagine a night sky with not a single star to see. :- (
  • Deckard1 4 Apr 2014 15:12:49 27,731 posts
    Seen 46 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I don't like to be the one to break this to you, but you'll probably be dead by then.

Hush you ponce

• Mola_Ram 4 Apr 2014 15:36:20 7,235 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Not just dead. Your children will be dead, and their children too, as well the children and children's children of everyone you have ever known, and ever will know. In fact, by that time it's likely that nobody will know, or care, that you even existed in the first place.

But hey, at least you will miss the big freeze. Hope that makes you feel better.
  • Bremenacht 4 Apr 2014 15:42:00 17,806 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That's shocking.
    It makes me angry.

I shall go and shout at my cat.

And youtube him cowering for lols.
  • kinky_mong 4 Apr 2014 16:59:18 10,137 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Not just dead. Your children will be dead, and their children too, as well the children and children's children of everyone you have ever known, and ever will know. In fact, by that time it's likely that nobody will know, or care, that you even existed in the first place.
    So make sure you trick your children, and your children's children, into biting a raw egg while you still can!

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• Physically_Insane 4 Apr 2014 17:09:38 8,765 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    On a related note, last night I started watching this space documentary and for some reason started thinking about death, and how when we die, we will not be self aware anymore and how our own personal existance will be gone for ever. We can never come back. We will never even know we ever existed. We go back into pre-birth nothingness.....

Couldn't sleep.
  • Deckard1 4 Apr 2014 17:11:46 27,731 posts
    Seen 46 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah you need to keep that shit out of your head. It was the primary reason I stopped smoking weed.

Hush you ponce

• Physically_Insane 4 Apr 2014 17:14:16 8,765 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh yeah, I was super high. This was the first time where I couldn't stop thinking about it. I could actually feel myself ageing from the stress.
  • CharlieStCloud 4 Apr 2014 17:18:00 5,202 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Physically_Insane wrote:
    Oh yeah, I was super high. This was the first time where I couldn't stop thinking about it. I could actually feel myself ageing from the stress.
    A nice cuppa Earl Grey cures all.

: )
  • Deckard1 4 Apr 2014 17:18:30 27,731 posts
    Seen 46 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You've broke the seal now. Every time you get stoned that shit is going to start fucking with your head when you're trying to get to sleep. Enjoy.

Hush you ponce

• Physically_Insane 4 Apr 2014 17:22:08 8,765 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    Physically_Insane wrote:

Strawberry milkshake with ice. Fucking amazing.
  • Deckard1 4 Apr 2014 17:22:42 27,731 posts
    Seen 46 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Even more so now because you're going to purposely try not to think about it, which in turn is going to make you think about it. You're doomed.

Hush you ponce

• Physically_Insane 4 Apr 2014 17:26:13 8,765 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Even more so now because you're going to purposely try not to think about it, which in turn is going to make you think about it. You're doomed.
    Nah, I'll have smoke when I get in tonight and who knows what I'll be obsessively thinking about. Death, cheese sandwiches, how did Pitbull get famous... Who knows!?
  • Fake_Blood 4 Apr 2014 17:33:19 4,169 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Fake_Blood 4 Apr 2014 17:36:31 4,169 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    That totally amazing black hole animation up there?
    It's a simulation.
  • onestepfromlost 4 Apr 2014 17:41:19 2,045 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    Physically_Insane wrote:

Just not at country houses
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 4 Apr 2014 18:13:05 37,849 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Everybody's dead Dave.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• mal 4 Apr 2014 19:41:02 22,456 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Dave, everybody's dead.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Skinja 4 Apr 2014 19:50:03 72 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago

Edited by Skinja at 19:52:59 04-04-2014
  • Rhaegyr 4 Apr 2014 20:03:25 1,586 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago