EG Wii Fit Weight/BMI loss support thread

  • Page

    of 12 First / Last

    Previous
  • DaisyD 25 Apr 2008 11:51:48 11,818 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yes, I know there's another weightloss support thread, but this one's specific to Wii Fit.

    Feel free to share your BMI, or not, share how much you're loosing each week and support and encourage each other along the way.

    Today I've managed 53 minutes so far and I might go back for some more later!
  • Carlo 25 Apr 2008 11:52:29 17,948 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I would if I could buy the bloody thing!

    PSN ID: Djini

  • TheBear 25 Apr 2008 11:53:27 4,503 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    My first target is 5lb in 2 weeks. Bring it on.

    /Goes for run
  • Oh-Bollox 25 Apr 2008 11:53:58 5,159 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Can't wait to see those with 'big bones' in here.

    "I lost four kilos!"

    "Of bone?"

    "...Yes. It's the yoga."
  • DaisyD 25 Apr 2008 11:56:36 11,818 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ohhhh! I forgot about the targets. I set mine at as much as it would let me and then set it to 2 months. It worked itself out to be 5lbs every 2 weeks too.
  • DaM 25 Apr 2008 11:57:19 12,899 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I would if I hadn't fallen down the stairs yesterday, I can hardly breathe without swearing!
  • TheBear 25 Apr 2008 11:58:11 4,503 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DaisyD wrote:
    Ohhhh! I forgot about the targets. I set mine at as much as it would let me and then set it to 2 months. It worked itself out to be 5lbs every 2 weeks too.

    I WILL do it. No way is the Wii dissing me any more.

    Plus it's made my Mario Kart Mii fat so I am shamed online.
  • MetalDog 25 Apr 2008 11:59:37 23,708 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    DaM wrote:
    I would if I hadn't fallen down the stairs yesterday, I can hardly breathe without swearing!

    Broken rib? Yow.

    -- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

  • DaisyD 25 Apr 2008 12:00:28 11,818 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    TheBear wrote:
    DaisyD wrote:
    Ohhhh! I forgot about the targets. I set mine at as much as it would let me and then set it to 2 months. It worked itself out to be 5lbs every 2 weeks too.

    I WILL do it. No way is the Wii dissing me any more.

    Plus it's made my Mario Kart Mii fat to I am shamed online.

    Is the Mii fat even when you're not in Wii Fit?
  • TheBear 25 Apr 2008 12:02:04 4,503 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DaisyD wrote:


    Is the Mii fat even when you're not in Wii Fit?

    It's not fat actually, it just has large stomach muscles.
  • Deleted user 25 April 2008 12:02:21
    Good idea Daisy. I'm about to buy mines in 10 minutes; this is after trolling the Wii fit thread for the past 4 months! We should all be honest and just give our weights and our targets and use each others witty genius to encourage us.
  • El_MUERkO 25 Apr 2008 12:03:00 16,951 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    i got to see it before i went for work today, very cool chunk of kit

    it'll be my turn to see how unhealthy i am tonight :/
  • THFourteen 25 Apr 2008 12:06:51 32,857 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    this thread is useless without pics
  • El_MUERkO 25 Apr 2008 12:10:14 16,951 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    this thread is useless without pics

    heres a pic
  • DaisyD 25 Apr 2008 12:13:46 11,818 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    El_MUERkO wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    this thread is useless without pics

    heres a pic

    And here's another!
  • billythekid 25 Apr 2008 12:15:56 11,023 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    El_MUERkO wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    this thread is useless without pics

    heres a pic

    Nice beaver!
  • LeoliansBro 25 Apr 2008 12:16:37 43,227 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I worry about you and lemurs Daisy.

    How much of this is jumping / jogging - don't want massive cracks appearing on the ceiling of the flat below. Otherwise I could well be up for this.

    LB, you really are a massive geek.

  • Popzeus 25 Apr 2008 12:17:22 8,272 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    /shuns upstart thread

    Currently playing: Standing In A Car Park Simulator 2013

  • malteaserhead 25 Apr 2008 12:17:48 13,444 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    My weight is 10st 10lb (down from almost 13st in Jan) and I'm hoping to lose a stone over the next two months (about 2lb per week or at least not put any weight back on).

    Bmi is in the ideal range (although near the top of it) but I want to lower it a little too.
  • malteaserhead 25 Apr 2008 12:19:05 13,444 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Leolian'sBro wrote:
    I worry about you and lemurs Daisy.

    How much of this is jumping / jogging - don't want massive cracks appearing on the ceiling of the flat below. Otherwise I could well be up for this.

    the running is only one event that you don't have to do (so far - although there is a multiplayer option) and you don't jump at all on the board.
  • mcmonkeyplc 25 Apr 2008 12:19:59 39,384 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Loosers!

    Come and get it cumslingers!

  • malteaserhead 25 Apr 2008 12:20:46 13,444 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    Loosers!

    Quite. :)
  • DaisyD 25 Apr 2008 12:26:13 11,818 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    I'm a Loser!

    Fixed
  • mcmonkeyplc 25 Apr 2008 12:28:22 39,384 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    DaisyD wrote:
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    I'm a Loser!

    Fixed

    Yeah I am, I lost my weight ages ago. Thanks for noticing.

    Come and get it cumslingers!

  • Spin_Dr_Wolf 25 Apr 2008 12:35:45 6,170 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You do all realise that the BMI is a big bunch of worthless wank don't you ?

    I've literally just in the last couple of weeks got into the 'healthy' range of 24.4 for the first time since i was a wee nipper. I'm 175lbs and 5'11", yet i have a 32" waist and can barely pinch half an inch on it.

    Don't exercise purely with the goal of losing weight ot attaining a set weight (thats not even necessarily a good indication of health), because it will become a chore. Find something active that you ENJOY doing, that is the only way you will every get fit imo.
  • THFourteen 25 Apr 2008 12:41:49 32,857 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ecosse_011172 wrote:
    DaisyD wrote:
    El_MUERkO wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    this thread is useless without pics

    heres a pic

    And here's another!
    I've been pissed on and bit by them, buggers.

    coppers?
  • Popzeus 25 Apr 2008 12:42:10 8,272 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Spin Dr Wolf wrote:
    Find something active that you ENJOY doing, that is the only way you will every get fit imo.

    Something like, hmm let me think... Wii Fit perhaps?

    Currently playing: Standing In A Car Park Simulator 2013

  • El_MUERkO 25 Apr 2008 12:42:33 16,951 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Spin Dr Wolf wrote:
    You do all realise that the BMI is a big bunch of worthless wank don't you ?

    I've literally just in the last couple of weeks got into the 'healthy' range of 24.4 for the first time since i was a wee nipper. I'm 175lbs and 5'11", yet i have a 32" waist and can barely pinch half an inch on it.

    Don't exercise purely with the goal of losing weight ot attaining a set weight (thats not even necessarily a good indication of health), because it will become a chore. Find something active that you ENJOY doing, that is the only way you will every get fit imo.

    i think that's why people are interested in wii fit, it's a more interactive and enjoyable way of getting/keeping healthy
  • malteaserhead 25 Apr 2008 12:44:26 13,444 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yes BMI doesn't work for really fit people.
    But for average blobs, it's ok as a guide...
  • Page

    of 12 First / Last

    Previous
Log in or register to reply