Rep Really Is Crap

• Page

of 4 First / Last

Previous
  • Doomspoon 24 Apr 2008 16:22:00 2,355 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    As has been discussed and established before. I noticed my 360Voice blog claimed I got bad feedback yesterday again. I'm guessing it was "quit early" as I Halo 3 locked up on me and I've been getting dropped on and off for the last couple of weeks. I'm not bothered by it just observing the figures are all screwed.

"Of the people you have played:

79% preferred you or did not submit a review about you.

21% avoided you.

Communication:
    Trash talk 0%
    Language 0%
    Disruptive 0%

Behavior:

Aggressive 16%
    Unsporting 50%
    Quit Early 16%"

Ok, so in the past 6 or so months of owning a 360 I've played it pretty much daily. I've played a fair bit of Halo 3 and CoD 4 and my 360Voice blog tracks when I get bad feedback which to my memory has done so about three or four times. Assuming in each case it's those present in a game I drop from or my behaviour is criticised it's between 4-6 tops (presuming all present give bad feedback) people and it's happened five times at the most how does that equate to 21% of the gamers I've been in game with?

The unsporting is from a night on CoD 4 where we beat some Yank gobshites and they were sore losers. The aggressive I'm assuming is from Tuesday's Halo 3 where my party were being mouthy while I was quiet and we all got feedback as a result. Generally during the day I play big team social and am in private chat with my brother so that doesn't really reflect on my behaviour and none of it is communication. If I play ranked team games I always use games comms and only really speak if necessary.

I just don't see the logic in it. I know it's been done to death and all but I'm confused as to the maths involved. 16 + 50 + 16 does not equal 100. What's the point in this system really?
  • nickthegun 24 Apr 2008 16:24:09 56,034 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Doomspoon wrote:
    Generally during the day I play big team social and am in private chat with my brother so that doesn't really reflect on my behaviour and none of it is communication.

Your problem would seem to be: Get a job.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Doomspoon 24 Apr 2008 16:26:37 2,355 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    LOL. Will do at some point. All the while I'm having ongoing medical treatment I'll not do so.
  • haowan 24 Apr 2008 16:38:29 7,384 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yes, it's crap. All that gutter-talk, the cursing and lack of melody in the singing. And why do they all have to promote violence and gun crime? I think the government should crack down on the poor neighbourhoods that produce this kind of so-called 'music' as if these people were unable to commit crime then i doubt they would be producing this kind of subversive music.
  • JYM60 24 Apr 2008 16:40:56 16,755 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Doomspoon wrote:
    Communication:
    Trash talk 0%
    Language 0%
    Disruptive 0%

Behavior:

Aggressive 16%
    Unsporting 50%
    Quit Early 16%"

That is quite gay.

[8/10] http://www.youtube.com/lllBetterThanHalolll

• Doomspoon 24 Apr 2008 17:06:10 2,355 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Humour me, how is it's sexuality expressed?
  • Optyk 24 Apr 2008 17:10:50 1,315 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    8IIIIIIIID

Shooting ducks in a barrel.

• JYM60 24 Apr 2008 17:20:53 16,755 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Doomspoon wrote:
    Humour me, how is it's sexuality expressed?

Macho, straight Yank

[code]Communication:
    Trash talk 100%
    Language 100%
    Disruptive 100%

Behavior:

Aggressive 100%
    Unsporting 100%
    Quit Early 0%[/code]

Weedy, homosexual Brit

[code]Communication:
    Trash talk 0%
    Language 0%
    Disruptive 0%

Behavior:

Aggressive 16%
    Unsporting 50%
    Quit Early 16%[/code]

Cleared things up?

[8/10] http://www.youtube.com/lllBetterThanHalolll

• Deleted user 24 April 2008 17:22:01
    Has anyone ever seen someone with less than 3 stars of Rep? Ever?
  • Doomspoon 24 Apr 2008 17:22:59 2,355 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Cheers and no, only ever seen 3 or more.
  • ArronR 24 Apr 2008 18:58:40 37 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Last time I checked I had 25% all on trash talk...all of them made before I'd even used my mic :S

edit: Thats 25% avoided, 100% trash talk
  • Pirotic Moderator 24 Apr 2008 19:00:21 20,646 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I have about 40% too aggresive negative feedback, It turns out in street fighter II on xbox live some people just want a cuddle.
  • malteaserhead 24 Apr 2008 19:05:43 13,444 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah it's usually people who get beat come back and complain in rep form.

I went from something silly like no complaints to 25% in just a few evenings of burnout revenge and it was almost always for aggressive behaviour.

Aggressive behaviour in burnout? sheesh, who would've thunk it.
  • Benno 24 Apr 2008 19:08:50 9,403 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I am like 60% avoided because I am an absolute cunt to yanks online, still have 5 stars, rep is broken.
  • malteaserhead 24 Apr 2008 19:09:52 13,444 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    NatAttack wrote:
    I have an avoidance rating of nearly 80%! I've only quit early a few times.

/shrug

I still have 5 stars of rep though.

Meanies :(
  • Bloodloss 24 Apr 2008 19:10:47 4,499 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    "100% preferred you or did not submit a review about you.

0% avoided you."

:)

Not that I play much, but I'm surprised not a single person has avoided me.
  • malteaserhead 24 Apr 2008 19:34:24 13,444 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    lol

and X but that's it ;)

I don't mind quitters (unless 1 v 1 in footy or something) as sometimes you have to interact with real bloody people (answer phones, get the door, sacrifice virgins... :(
  • Deleted user 24 April 2008 19:37:41
    deathgibbon wrote:

Yeh, there were quite a few around during the Texas Hold 'em wars of 'ought 6. Those were the days...
  • theanorak 24 Apr 2008 22:42:55 43 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Doomspoon wrote:
    I just don't see the logic in it. I know it's been done to death and all but I'm confused as to the maths involved. 16 + 50 + 16 does not equal 100. What's the point in this system really?

I'm out of the habit of playing anything but co-op with mates, so I've not seen the feedback screen in a while, but is it possible to a) give negative feedback without saying *why*, or b) give feedback and say "other: I didn't like the colour of his armour"?

• DUFFKING 24 Apr 2008 22:45:17 6,503 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Negative repping people actually puts their rep up.
  • monkie_king 24 Apr 2008 22:50:54 984 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    theanorak wrote:
    Doomspoon wrote:

I'm out of the habit of playing anything but co-op with mates, so I've not seen the feedback screen in a while, but is it possible to a) give negative feedback without saying *why*, or b) give feedback and say "other: I didn't like the colour of his armour"?

It's multiple choice, those 6 categories listed in the stats.

edit: duh, and the three "Player skill" ones I forgot.
  • Aretak 24 Apr 2008 23:01:47 10,329 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    deathgibbon wrote:
    Yep. I have an American woman on my friends list with around 1 star.
  • sanctusmortis 24 Apr 2008 23:13:17 9,590 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've always, ALWAYS had 5*. Even after some negs for daring to not agree to help some Halo 3 boosters.
  • qwerty123 24 Apr 2008 23:26:01 231 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Doomspoon wrote:
    I'm not bothered by it just observing the figures are all screwed.

"Of the people you have played:

79% preferred you or did not submit a review about you.

21% avoided you.

Communication:
    Trash talk 0%
    Language 0%
    Disruptive 0%

Behavior:
    Aggressive 16%
    Unsporting 50%
    Quit Early 16%"

I think it works like this :
    the stat - 79% preferred, 21% avoided - this always adds up to 100%
    Just means hundreds or thousands of players didn't leave feedback and of the ones whou did 21% avoided you, i guess the star system takes into account you've played against thousands of players so your still a 5 star.

As for the breakdown of your negative feedback - there are more that 6 options when you give negative feedback so maybe 18% selected 'lacking skill' ? probably for a laugh
    so 16-50-16-18 =100
  • Doomspoon 24 Apr 2008 23:38:27 2,355 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    qwerty123 wrote:

I think it works like this :
    the stat - 79% preferred, 21% avoided - this always adds up to 100%
    Just means hundreds or thousands of players didn't leave feedback and of the ones whou did 21% avoided you, i guess the star system takes into account you've played against thousands of players so your still a 5 star.

As for the breakdown of your negative feedback - there are more that 6 options when you give negative feedback so maybe 18% selected 'lacking skill' ? probably for a laugh
    so 16-50-16-18 =100

I understood the 21 - 79 balance, just the text is misleading because clearly 79% of those I played haven't preferred me, I'd naturally assume the majority of those I play are indifferent towards me and don't give a rat's arse either way.

Your explanation on the skill one makes sense actually and I now realise that this one never shows. I'd like to think those that have left that feedback have opted for "Too Good" ;) but most likely it's "Lacking Skill". That said, before my brother got his 360 I only ever played ranked Team Slayer on Halo 3 and since playing Social Slayer with him I have managed to maintain a k/d of between 1.40 - 1.50 over the last week, I'm never normally capable of that.

Cheers for pointing that one out.
  • qwerty123 25 Apr 2008 00:15:04 231 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The problem lies in the fact the stat shouldn’t really be represented in percentage terms.
    It should just state the number of people

FEEDBACK RESULTS
    26 +ve
    7 -ve

would make more sense
    then it can still break down the -ve into its component catagories but should really show them all.
  • thefilthandthefury 25 Apr 2008 07:44:02 24,903 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm constantly being negatively rated just for having the cheek to win a few games here and there. I'm always a very courteious player - no team killing. no cheating, sticking to the rules, no bad-mouthing - but I still get rated things like 'unsporting'. The other day I was rated it for assassinating someone on Rocket Race (Halo 3). WTF!?!?
  • paulf 25 Apr 2008 10:33:21 512 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    aggressive playing in a game where the point is to shoot the opposition ??

at the end of the day mate do you really wanna give a sh1t about what other players on xbox live think of you? (unless they are proper mates of course)
  • Marviewarvie 25 Apr 2008 15:14:35 67 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Aye, the missing percentages is the too good/too shit feedback option, which you now know rendering this bit of text useless.

To make you feel a bit better, rename "aggressive/unsporting" to "oh dear me, it appears you and your team just kicked the cunt out of us in a most convincing manner".

Trust me, I'm a bag of shit on the whole online thing, but when you and/or your team have one of those games where everything goes right (on Halo read: glitch in system awards host to non US resident) just watch your negative score climb.

Although, should be said I leave unsporting for the corpse humping brigade. Surely it's more satisfying to mute the mic and knock one out rather than click up and down on the left analogue stick of a control pad. Or maybe that's just me.....
  • speedjack 25 Apr 2008 15:32:21 628 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've had my rep trashed twice - both times for 'agressive behaviour'.

First time was with Burnout, second time Halo 3. On neither occasion did I say a word - I think my big mistake was to win both matches.

I actually mailed Major Nelson about it making the point that I'm a 36 year old gamer who never swears and rarely plays on line and when he does is loathed to plug in his headset in case I meet the 14 year sweary idiots.

He actually replied and said he would try and get somone on his show to discuss how reputation was calculated.

That was the last I heard.

• Page

of 4 First / Last

Previous