Persona 3 FES - Persona With Extra Aigis

• Page

of 22 First / Last

Previous
  • Cappy 21 Apr 2008 15:28:34 11,943 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    With FES released in the States tomorrow I thought it was time it got its own dedicated thread. The original Persona 3 thread is very much focused on the PAL version of the original these days. I don't think people would appreciate importers coming back and rolling their Penis Chariots all over the thread.

Atlus has a rather swish but resource intensive site to feast your eyes on. Furthermore here is a lousy quality image of the US box art which complements the original very nicely.

With any luck VG+ should get my copy to me by the end of the week, so thats my gaming needs taken care of for a fair while then. Does anybody else have concerns about the new epilogue 'Episode Aigis' section? Apparently you no longer have access to the compendium which I imagine might make fusions much less easy to experiment with.

Secondly, FES has more social links, something that would be bound to bug Feanor, since you still have only a year but even more social links to spread your attention between. Not a problem in Episode Aigis which has no social links at all and plays more like a straight dungeon crawl with less distractions.
  • itamae 21 Apr 2008 16:29:26 9,883 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Good idea, this new thread. I guess the other one is flowing over with spoilers by now, and I haven't played the original. Should be getting my copy of FES later this week. :-)
  • De_Carabas 21 Apr 2008 17:17:56 1,136 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    itamae wrote:
    Good idea, this new thread. I guess the other one is flowing over with spoilers by now, and I haven't played the original. Should be getting my copy of FES later this week. :-)

It is overflowing with some major spoilers.

My copy should also be winging its way to me.

From the previews I've read you're right that you don't have access to the compendium. Sorry minimal posting. Japanese lesson soon.
  • Feanor 21 Apr 2008 17:35:38 14,166 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I might wait till I finish Crisis Core to pick this up
  • SuperBas 22 Apr 2008 07:11:00 1,453 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I can't wait to sink another 70 hours into this game! Except for the grinding. That part sucked balls.
  • Cappy 22 Apr 2008 21:59:34 11,943 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just got confirmation from VG+, my copy of FES has shipped. :)

Friday is a bit optimistic perhaps, but delivery by Saturday morning is definitely feasible.
  • FabricatedLunatic 23 Apr 2008 18:57:35 13,014 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Contrary to how I felt after finishing Persona 3, I don't think I can play through the entire game again, regardless of new content. The question is whether the Episode Aigis content - and having the girls running around in their swimsuits and maid outfits - is enough to justfiy the purchase.

Either way, I have to hold off buying it until sometime next month.
  • ilmaestro 23 Apr 2008 19:08:56 32,460 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    FabricatedLunatic wrote:
    The question is whether... having the girls running around in their swimsuits and maid outfits... is enough to justify the purchase.
    I think you just answered your own question.

• Scimarad 23 Apr 2008 20:09:45 8,549 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I like the idea of the extra content in the main game but not really enought to buy it again. The extra storyline sounds a bit dull TBH and really don't like the idea of not having access to the Persona list - It just sounds like a right pain in the backside.

• Cappy 24 Apr 2008 10:00:02 11,943 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Replaying such a long game doesn't seem like the best of plans admittedly. Still, this has been such an absolutely dismal generation, there really is so little that is worth my time being released these days which makes FES very welcome.

As far as the extra content goes, I get the impression it is interspersed throughout the game rather than all bolted on at the end in Episode Aigis. From the clips I have seen, it looks like there are significant extensions to the back story of each character. As for the lack of a compendium in Episode Aigis, yes that definitely worries me, but I trust the developers. After all, they got so many things right in Persona 3 I don't believe they would just take the compendium away without rebalancing elsewhere to compensate.
  • FabricatedLunatic 24 Apr 2008 10:43:26 13,014 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Cappy wrote:
    Replaying such a long game doesn't seem like the best of plans admittedly.
    Especially for those of us getting that chavvy carjacking game next week. And Disaster Report arrived this morning.

If the new content had been contained within Episode Aigis, it would have been a no-brainer. As it is, I'm not sure I have the time or inclination to replay the entire game for a small percentage of new stuff.

ilmaestro has a point, though.
  • Cappy 24 Apr 2008 11:24:15 11,943 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm interested in Chavvy Carjacking IV, just not 30-40 interested. And there is also the problem of being a PS3 owner.

Whilst developers and marketing tossbags think that PS3 owners getting short changed doesn't matter because A) If they're harrrrdcooore they'll own a 360 too and buy it on that instead = no lost sale. B) They've only got a PS3. Well boo hoo! They've got to buy the PS3 version then = no lost sale.

Whilst I opt for C) Buy PS2 games instead. And D) Industry can go screw itself with a nice fat pineapple. I'll never be able to overcome the suspicion that the retail version of GTA IV had some content held back for the 360 DLC, and as such the PS3 version will always be incomplete = I'll buy it for 5 from the bargain bin.

FES will do me for a while, it probably won't take too long, I've already imported my save from the PS2 onto the HD so I'll be starting FES at level 90 or so.

• neonemesis 24 Apr 2008 11:31:25 1,640 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cappy wrote:
    D) Industry can go screw itself with a nice fat pineapple.

exactly whqt i think. Personally, i'm not even gonna buy a PS3 or 360. I'm sticking with PS2 until i've bought all the games i want for it which will be a looooooong time. I don't even use my wii anymore as much as i want to.
  • itamae 24 Apr 2008 14:42:52 9,883 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Thankfully I'm not at all interested in GTA4. I mean just cruising around in GTA3 listening to some random radio station is great fun for a while, but the actual story missions make me vomit blood after five minutes. The series is simply not for me.

Amazon still hasn't shipped FES, and now it says preparing order so I can't just cancel it and buy the game from Gamestop anymore. :-/
  • ilmaestro 24 Apr 2008 15:14:35 32,460 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Cappy, I don't think there's going to be anything "wrong" with the PS3 version of GTA. Your good standing in the community will take a hit if you buy it, though. ;)

• Cappy 24 Apr 2008 15:34:07 11,943 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its not Grand Chav Adventure IV in particular. I just don't see any point in supporting multi-platform games for the PS3.

FES is all I need... and maybe Baroque.
  • De_Carabas 24 Apr 2008 16:04:05 1,136 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Cappy wrote:
    FES will do me for a while, it probably won't take too long, I've already imported my save from the PS2 onto the HD so I'll be starting FES at level 90 or so.

I don't know. I'm almost tempted to start again from scratch.
  • Cappy 24 Apr 2008 16:18:56 11,943 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    De_Carabas wrote:
    Cappy wrote:

I don't know. I'm almost tempted to start again from scratch.

I was planning to spend more time on the social and story line aspects for a second play, I didn't manage to max many social links last time.

Avoiding non-boss battles is pretty easy so I should storm through Tartarus with ease. I might even try it solo and just leave the rest of the party in the lobby, being level 90 means you can fuse some absolutely devastating personas. I might change my mind and start from scratch though.
  • Feanor 24 Apr 2008 18:59:36 14,166 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'm just gonna play Episode Aigis and watch the new bits in the main game on youtube.
  • ilmaestro 24 Apr 2008 19:41:38 32,460 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Cappy wrote:
    Its not Grand Chav Adventure IV in particular. I just don't see any point in supporting multi-platform games for the PS3.
    I see what you mean (sort of), but I only do it because I can buy them on 360 instead for things like better online multiplayer. There aren't really that many recent examples of bad PS3 versions, and it has tended to be only certain companies that made many after the initial launch period anyway.

• Xemat 25 Apr 2008 10:10:28 13 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yay! Got my copy today. I didn't expect it until next week. Pretty fast shipping from VG+ \o/ I'm tempted to start playing it, but I have to finish Mana Khemia first.
  • Cappy 25 Apr 2008 10:23:31 11,943 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I wonder if my copy will turn up today also. Another fast turnaround from VG+.

/Cashes VG+ shilling cheque
  • De_Carabas 25 Apr 2008 17:30:57 1,136 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Xemat wrote:
    Yay! Got my copy today. I didn't expect it until next week. Pretty fast shipping from VG+ \o/ I'm tempted to start playing it, but I have to finish Mana Khemia first.

Mine's arrived too. (And strangely enough I've got to finish Mana Khemia first as well.)
  • Cappy 25 Apr 2008 17:50:54 11,943 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My copy hasn't turned up yet. ;_;
  • itamae 25 Apr 2008 18:04:08 9,883 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    My copy has shipped today. Yes!
  • famous_roy 25 Apr 2008 18:05:36 4,102 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    itamae wrote:
    I mean just cruising around in GTA3 listening to some random radio station is great fun for a while, but the actual story missions make me vomit blood after five minutes. The series is simply not for me.

I totally agree with this, the games simply do nothing for me. Looking forward to Persona 3 FES, hopefully its will get me back into JRPG's after the moderate disappointment that was Lost Odyssey.

I'm papercaves on the Twitter. This is mah Tumblr and I'm ulysseys31 on PSN :D

• Cappy 26 Apr 2008 09:28:59 11,943 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    No FES today either, just a Barclaycard application. :-(

That leaves me a weekend of pondering credit card fraud (Yes, my name is Mr. Saddam Hussein, bring me the finest credit cards known to humanity) and playing Final Fantasy XII. Bah.

• saku_luk 28 Apr 2008 03:24:37 215 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I got my copy at Friday....i beat the original PAL P3 3 times with a 250h clock, well most of it were fusions with a top tier personas.

I will beat FES at least 2 times on hard mode, I did start new game on hard already but i think i might do The Answer first just to get answers to all my questions....

After 1h of playing with the enhanced original iam pleased, it was only 1h and i already saw tons of new stuff....still more to come!
  • saku_luk 28 Apr 2008 05:01:17 215 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Heh well it sucks that even tho i managed to convert my PAL saves into NTSC you still get your personas reseted =x but at least all the social stats (academics etc) transfer over....i wouldnt arse myself to play the game again even for the extra content if i would have to pimp academics again haha....no thanks, academics suck the most ~_~

Looking forward to hard mode also....from what i read it looks promising....seems like mirrors are finally useful :p you know for smth like a floor boss using power charge and myriad arrow/akasha art you for 400-500 each hit.....but i kinda fear hard mode compendium with 4x higher prices on personas.....highest lvl personas with all stats at 99 once registered will cost 2-3 mln yen /hmm

Also The Answer seems to be a lot harder then original P3 which is good really.....
  • saku_luk 28 Apr 2008 05:14:32 215 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You know that if you use cheats then Fuuka and Mitsuru will call you a cheater during fights? :)

I find it funny lol.....they say smth like...CHEATER!! iam disappointed in you!! how could you?!? lol
  • Page

of 22 First / Last

Previous